Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-27-2007, 09:42 PM   #301
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Well, its up to them or not. I haven't said what I know yet.. but I'm pretty sure failure to be up front about it will be considered by me to be not in my best interests.

Oh, didn't want to leave you hanging. I suppose you have a point. It's likely hiding it would have been viewed as suspicious.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:42 PM   #302
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Seems a bit odd you jumping on Render.

Why would a wolf say "Oh, I didn't get a PM tonight"?

I agree. Plus, he was the one who started the whole no-vote thing yesterday. That might mean nothing either, but what else is there to go on at this point (pending anything AlanT can tell us)?
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:44 PM   #303
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Alan, you have a pretty good audience right now.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:46 PM   #304
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well I can say what happened to me, but I would love to know the reasons why. I'll give it a bit, but if the person hasn't come forward before tommorrow when I go out for the day, I'll spill the beans and assume the act is not in our best interests.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:02 PM   #305
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

well it seems like nothing is going to happen until AlanT spills the beans.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:13 PM   #306
JHandley
High School Varsity

Quote:
Ok, so uhh.. who did something to me last night?

I honestly don't know if it was a good guy or bad guy but.. I wouldn't mind knowing what you did..

I'll tell everyone what happened a bit later, just want some time to let someone come forward first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Also.. out of curiosity.. does anyone by chance have the ability to remove harmful effects?

How could what happened to you possibly be good?

I don't understand this. We're stuck in the mud until you come forward because there's no way the person who did the "voodoo that they do so well" is going to come forward until the last possible moment. Unless you think there's a strong chance the person who did something to you is good, there's no reason to hide it. If it's a toss up, then I think our best bet is to get the information out there.
JHandley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:17 PM   #307
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
So, do we go after a no-voter now?

No we don't.

Sorry about the lack of activity and the no-vote, but I was too damn drunk last night and woke up just now.

I would have voted for no lynch, though.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:24 PM   #308
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHandley View Post
How could what happened to you possibly be good?

I don't understand this. We're stuck in the mud until you come forward because there's no way the person who did the "voodoo that they do so well" is going to come forward until the last possible moment. Unless you think there's a strong chance the person who did something to you is good, there's no reason to hide it. If it's a toss up, then I think our best bet is to get the information out there.

There are often good roles in games that can do things at night, trust me you'll understand tommorrow why I'm not sure if it was good or bad. I'll just think more of the person if they are up front about it.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:26 PM   #309
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
There are often good roles in games that can do things at night, trust me you'll understand tommorrow why I'm not sure if it was good or bad. I'll just think more of the person if they are up front about it.

do you know who it was?
Old 07-27-2007, 10:32 PM   #310
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Jonathan Ezarik has been murdered overnight! Welcome to day 2.

Results coming.

Dammit!
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:09 PM   #311
Gonzo
Mascot

Quote:

...wha?
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:09 PM   #312
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Seems a bit odd you jumping on Render.

Why would a wolf say "Oh, I didn't get a PM tonight"?

I find it wolfish when someone keeps reiterating about themselves being a human. He didn't say "oh, I didn't get a PM", he said "It's so boring being just a plain old human with no messages" (paraphrase, I know).

That is why I voted him.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:10 PM   #313
st.cronin
General Manager

I just want to point out that Gonzo has zero posts.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:10 PM   #314
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I agree. Plus, he was the one who started the whole no-vote thing yesterday. That might mean nothing either, but what else is there to go on at this point (pending anything AlanT can tell us)?

That may be the longest WW message I've ever seen from you.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:18 AM   #315
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

But if there was a good person who could do something at night, is it really a good idea for them to come out with that info? Wouldn't that make them a target for the wolves? And wouldn't you assume that if a villager had some sort of night ability that them having that ability is a plus for the village and thus we wouldn't want to lose them to the wolves?
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:25 AM   #316
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
But if there was a good person who could do something at night, is it really a good idea for them to come out with that info? Wouldn't that make them a target for the wolves? And wouldn't you assume that if a villager had some sort of night ability that them having that ability is a plus for the village and thus we wouldn't want to lose them to the wolves?

Depends if it was a one time ability or not.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:26 AM   #317
Telle
College Starter

So if nobody comes forward, then that person was either a wolf or someone with an ability that is not limited to a single time.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 06:50 AM   #318
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

www.random.org compels me to vote.

VOTE DADDYTORGO

Old 07-28-2007, 06:53 AM   #319
KWhit
Coordinator

I hope I'm wrong, but what Alan is talking about makes me think of this:

Mad Scientist - You have found Dr. Frankenstein's old notes, and have begun work on an army of lycanthropes. If lynched, you will turn up as human, but for game purposes you count as a wolf.

I hope Alan hasn't been started on the way to conversion.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:21 AM   #320
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
www.random.org compels me to vote.

VOTE DADDYTORGO

I think after a full day's discussion you can do far better than a random.org vote.

VOTE NEON CHAOS
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:58 AM   #321
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I think after a full day's discussion you can do far better than a random.org vote.

VOTE NEON CHAOS

hmmm, makes you wonder if we should have lynched day one..
Old 07-28-2007, 09:20 AM   #322
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I hope I'm wrong, but what Alan is talking about makes me think of this:

Mad Scientist - You have found Dr. Frankenstein's old notes, and have begun work on an army of lycanthropes. If lynched, you will turn up as human, but for game purposes you count as a wolf.

I hope Alan hasn't been started on the way to conversion.

I don't think that is the case for two reasons. 1) usually conversions aren't allowed until turn 3 or so... 2) There wasn't anything indicating anything like that.

I think I actually played it wrong how I revealed what happened.. my first post on it was done poorly by me, and then I suddenly tried to change how I was wording things, but after the first pm I think I was too late.

I actually think whoever did the action on me is good, and was trying to figure out if someone would drop me some code to let me know they did it so I could add them to my personal CoT of just me. After my first post though, I think I screwed it up by being overeager before I thought about it fully.

Cronin stated earlier that we can quote PMs sent to us from him in this game, I sent him a PM asking for clarification if that was just the initial PM or any PM. If it is any PM, I'll share what I received so others can add their interpretation. If we can only share the initial PM, then I'll just explain what happened in it.

Either way, I think the person whoever it was wasted their night action on me, but at least it should help them feel a small bit better about me.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:27 AM   #323
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok Cronin replied before I even posted my last message completely. (Darn Speedy GMs!)

Anyhows, here it is:

Quote:
You black out shortly after dinner. You awake in your bed in the morning, with no memory of what happened during the previous evening.

So.. initially I was afraid that someone did something to hurt me.. after I actually stopped babbling in posts here and thought about it a little longer, I think it was someone on our side who has some kind of action blocker ability. What I mean by this, is in some games people will have an ability to use on someone to prevent that person from doing any night time activities.

This PM made me feel that is what happened to me last night, which unfortunatly for the person who used it on me, it didn't block me from doing anything

So I guess the net result from it is that whoever used it on me, knows that even though it doesn't mean I am or am not a wolf, that at least I wasn't the one responsible for killing JE last night. What I was hoping for when I changed the tone of my posts last night was some way for them to drop me a hint so I knew who was on my side, but unfortunatly like I said I think I blew it.

So anyhows, thats what happened to me last night, I was going to also say people can feel free to scan me tonight to verify that I am good, but Kwhit does bring up a good point about a conversion attempt. Even though I think its very unlikely that is the case (especially since I wasn't told anything about conversion in the PM you can see above), seer folks may want to wait an extra day (or even 2?) to scan me if you want to make sure.

Anyways, thats the truth, and it doesn't help us alot more than understand a bit better one of the additional roles that appear to be in the game.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:05 AM   #324
JHandley
High School Varsity

We are no where.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:07 AM   #325
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It seems more likely to me that Alan had an item or a potion used on him.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:11 AM   #326
Lorena
Unregistered

vote lathum

as good a strategy as any. I won't be around at all... stuff came up
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:16 AM   #327
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

meh...
Old 07-28-2007, 10:24 AM   #328
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Actually Alan, I think that only seems to make it more likely that KWhit is right and you have begun the transformation process. I don't think that sounds like a blocker at all. What would they be blocking you from? If I were the bad guys I would sure like to have you on our side. I agree a conversion before night 3 is unlikely but the way the role is worded makes me think it could take time so you aren't a bad guy yet, but could be one by Day 3 or 4. So I'm going to swallow up my dislike of Neon thinking there was nothing useful from Day 1, I mean I think there are many useful posts there, and go with the caution, in the same way that Swaggs and AE were lynched last game.

UNVOTE NEON
VOTE ALAN T
Old 07-28-2007, 10:29 AM   #329
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think there is some validity to the concept of a slow transformation.

My only other thought is could their be a role that can put one person to sleep each night so they can't perform their night action? Would we be better served to wait on lynching Alan to see if anyone has a similar expierience tonight?
Old 07-28-2007, 10:30 AM   #330
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Pretty wolfish move from Barkeep there. Now I'm wondering if it was a setup to try to get a good villager (me) lynched instead of focusing on people who are bad.

Like I said, feel free to scan me tonight, tommorrow night, the next night, every night. I don't care. If I do change, then great I gave you a future wolf. But if I don't change at least you don't lynch someone who isn't a wolf.

I think Barkeep might have been behind this even and is trying to get people to steer away from looking for people who are actually you know.. evil.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:31 AM   #331
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I think there is some validity to the concept of a slow transformation.

My only other thought is could their be a role that can put one person to sleep each night so they can't perform their night action? Would we be better served to wait on lynching Alan to see if anyone has a similar expierience tonight?

I think we may be better served by letting the seers decide how/when they want to scan me based on the information I have given. Barkeep's move to try to lynch someone who IS Good, and who may or may not become evil on some future date is pure non-sense.

Especially when there is no proof to that, and my story has just as much or more validity than his pet theory.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:39 AM   #332
JHandley
High School Varsity

It could be that I'm being led astray by the glorious Kate pictures and trying to find ways to tie things in from the movie that aren't in the game.

I'm not convinced that the Mad Scientist role isn't much like Replicators/Sebasian/Tyrell plot of the last game. Meaning, the MS needs to find people in order to complete the research. I can see a scenerio where the MS needs to find Igor and/or Frankenstein's Monster and then can start to convert players.

Also, I'm not sure I like Alan as a convert. It just seems too easy that he'd have several days to tell us he's becoming a convert.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:39 AM   #333
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
DOLA -- And in your game the opposite was true as roles which would reveal information were more likely to occur later in the game than earlier. I think the risk/reward of lynching today versus letting our roles do their work is just too high to justify a day 1 lynch. I view this game as an aberration in my overall stance and in fact only came around as I begun to crunch the numbers to try and support my lynch contention.

I think it's odd that you campaign to let out roles do their work then come out firing early with a vote for Neon Chaos that is based on what's best, a flimsy reason.

I know you hate random.org votes ( as do I) but it seems to me you are contradicting yourself a bit.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:51 AM   #334
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I think it's odd that you campaign to let out roles do their work then come out firing early with a vote for Neon Chaos that is based on what's best, a flimsy reason.

I know you hate random.org votes ( as do I) but it seems to me you are contradicting yourself a bit.
I never advocated roles coming out early. I instead just wanted the information out there for those who had it to do their work.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:51 AM   #335
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Pretty wolfish move from Barkeep there. Now I'm wondering if it was a setup to try to get a good villager (me) lynched instead of focusing on people who are bad.

Like I said, feel free to scan me tonight, tommorrow night, the next night, every night. I don't care. If I do change, then great I gave you a future wolf. But if I don't change at least you don't lynch someone who isn't a wolf.

I think Barkeep might have been behind this even and is trying to get people to steer away from looking for people who are actually you know.. evil.
Pretty wolfish that I follow through on a suggestion of another player? Isn't it more wolfish of KWhit to throw it out there and not follow through on it?
Old 07-28-2007, 10:53 AM   #336
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I never advocated roles coming out early. I instead just wanted the information out there for those who had it to do their work.

I never said you want anyone to come out early, I am mearly saying your advocating no lynch on day one so therr can be a more, educated, guess then you make an early vote with a flimsy reason.

It just seemed odd to me.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:54 AM   #337
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHandley View Post
It could be that I'm being led astray by the glorious Kate pictures and trying to find ways to tie things in from the movie that aren't in the game.

I'm not convinced that the Mad Scientist role isn't much like Replicators/Sebasian/Tyrell plot of the last game. Meaning, the MS needs to find people in order to complete the research. I can see a scenerio where the MS needs to find Igor and/or Frankenstein's Monster and then can start to convert players.

Also, I'm not sure I like Alan as a convert. It just seems too easy that he'd have several days to tell us he's becoming a convert.
But he doesn't know that he's becoming a convert (or not) at this point.

I have no role beyond that of villager and until I receive evidence otherwise am limiting my analysis, with some speculation, to the roles listed. The only scenario I see with-in the known rules is Alan becoming converted (other option would have been Van Helsing successfully blocking a night kill against him).

There very well could be other roles out there, but I would rather not be led astray by foolish false reveals.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:55 AM   #338
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I never said you want anyone to come out early, I am mearly saying your advocating no lynch on day one so therr can be a more, educated, guess then you make an early vote with a flimsy reason.

It just seemed odd to me.
Flimsy reason? What are you talking about. I don't think it's flimsy at all. Possibly wrong, but not "flimsy". Flimsy is random.org. Flimsy is "he voted for me I'll vote for him". Alan comes out with a PM suggesting something was done to him without his knowledge. You could argue that this is something good. I think it's far more likely to be sinister.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:56 AM   #339
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Isn't it more wolfish of KWhit to throw it out there and not follow through on it?

No.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:58 AM   #340
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Flimsy reason? What are you talking about. I don't think it's flimsy at all. Possibly wrong, but not "flimsy". Flimsy is random.org. Flimsy is "he voted for me I'll vote for him". Alan comes out with a PM suggesting something was done to him without his knowledge. You could argue that this is something good. I think it's far more likely to be sinister.

I was speaking for your initial vote of Neon Chaos
Old 07-28-2007, 10:58 AM   #341
KWhit
Coordinator

I don't know if I'm ready to vote for Alan yet or not. I think based upon the roles we know about that the most likely explanation is a slow conversion, but there could be other possibilities to explain that PM.

We need to keep an eye on him, that's for sure.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:59 AM   #342
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Alan comes out with a PM suggesting something was done to him without his knowledge. You could argue that this is something good. I think it's far more likely to be sinister.

Just wanted to jump on this point and say I agree. It could be good, could be bad. But more than likely it's something bad.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:00 AM   #343
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Just wanted to jump on this point and say I agree. It could be good, could be bad. But more than likely it's something bad.

I still don't see the harm in waiting a day to see if anyone else has a similar expierience.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:02 AM   #344
KWhit
Coordinator

I'm going to be in and out today, but just in case I can't get another vote out there:

VOTE NEON CHAOS

Since he didn't vote yesterday.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:02 AM   #345
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I still don't see the harm in waiting a day to see if anyone else has a similar expierience.

I agree with that.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:02 AM   #346
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
So then how will you be making your decision for today?
Old 07-28-2007, 11:04 AM   #347
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
So then how will you be making your decision for today?

right now I am leaning towards you.

You made what I consider an odd vote on Neon Chaos, then jumped to Alan, then claimed Kwhits actions were wolflike, seems like you are creating some confusion.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:07 AM   #348
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Since he didn't vote yesterday.

This is a good call for anotehr day with no knowledge whatsoever. Only thing worse than a wolf is a useless villager.

VOTE NEON_CHAOS
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 11:09 AM   #349
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

sigh....

we may as well have lynched Antmeister yesterday using the logic being employed today against Neon Chaos.

VOTE BARKEEP
Old 07-28-2007, 11:09 AM   #350
RendeR
Coordinator

I'll be out most of the day, Aemon's first birthday party and we're having a big shindig out back.

I should be able to pop in before deadline to adjust my vote if necessary.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote