Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-30-2007, 01:44 PM   #1
RendeR
Coordinator

Werewolf LIX: Anarchy in Fairytale Land Day 4 GAME OVER SHREK WINS!!!

Intrigue in Fairy Tale Land

Time comes and time goes and no matter how much life changes, the land of fairy tales is always there to ground us in uplifting and entertaining stories of good and evil.

Well, that’s all gotten a BIT convoluted lately. Hi there, I’m the Fairy Godparent and there is trouble afoot.

See, the Dragon has been Swooping about trying to snatch away every young lovely lady he can find, because he needs the princesses under his control to secure his power. Lord Farquad, you remember him, the guy that came up a little…short…in the Shrek movie? Yeah, well he’s back and he’s a ’little’ hot under the collar. Then there are the others, tons of them, all over fairy tale land. Everyone’s running amok trying to figure out wtf is going on.

And it all started with rumors that the Big Bad Wolf was back around. He had been banished for some time, but if the rumors are true, its nothing but bad news for our fairy tale friends.

The 5 little pigs got together and tried to organize the populace, yes, I said 5. Apparently someone decided on a pig roast that night….We haven’t seen or heard from the surviving 3 pigs…

Then blind Mice got all uppity and tried to rally people, but all they rallied was a huge round of laughter. What good could 3 blind mice do?

So here’s the thing. SOMEWHERE in fairy tale land, there are some wolves, some mice and some pigs. And the regular populace wants them all found and dealt with so that some semblance of normalcy can return. The only problem with this plan is that the populace is scheming for their own ends as well.

OK! Rules are posted below, Signups will be open until Sunday Evening, latish (Not sure exactly but I'l post here when they close) First Deadline will be Monday Night.

If you have questions or coments on the rules or Informatoin regarding the game please PM me with them.

Last edited by RendeR : 11-09-2007 at 12:40 PM.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:45 PM   #2
RendeR
Coordinator

Players
1. jeheinz72 - Princess buttercup - beaten to death day 3
2. PurdueBrad - Evil Mastermind
3. ntndeacon - Super Sow (Seer)
4. Anxiety - Piglet
5. Daddytorgo - Den Mother (Conversion tool) CURRENTLY LOST IN THE BOG
6. Telle - Princess Fiona
7. St.Cronin- Tinkerbelle - Killed Day 2 By crossbow Shot
8. SnDvls - Lord Farquad - Killed Day 5 By Shrek
9. Barkeep49 - Doris the Ugly Stepsister
10. Mr. Wednesday - The Dragon - Slaughtered without breaking a sweat on day 4 by Lancelot
11. Chief Rum - Sir Lancelot - Killed By a Djinni Wish day 4
12. Schmidty - Wilbur (Bodyguard)
13. Alan T - Shrek
14. Thomkal - Little Red Riding Hood - Killed Night 1 by shredding.
15. Oliegirl - Big Bad Wolf
16. Passacaglia - Dread pirate Roberts
17. Dodgerchick - Tracker(Wolf) - Killed By Knifing day 3
18. Hoopsguy - Lady Guenivere - Killed by Crossbow Day 3
19. path12 - The Black Knight - Turned into a Statue by his own foolish wish day 4

Last edited by RendeR : 11-09-2007 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:45 PM   #3
RendeR
Coordinator

The Rules

Players other than the teams allowed to do so may not discuss the game in any way outside this forum thread.

Deadlines and night Orders:
We will be using the 24 hour day.

Voting and action Deadlines will be 9 PM Eastern Standard Time, All voting and night orders will be accepted until precisely at 9:00 pm, anything posted or PM’d after 9:00 will not count. Deadline is set.

VOTING IS NOT AN ACTION! It is required however. Any player who does not get their vote in on time will be penalized 1 action the following day.

Lynches do NOT specifically reveal roles. There are a number of seer-type roles in the game, so lynching someone MAY not give away their role. There is always a chance that someone flailing fighting and whining as they are dragged of to the Bog will give something away, but don’t expect it.

All Actions must be in the following format:

Title: Day # or Night # Action for (player name)
MSG:
Move to: Location
1: Your action
2: List of items being used

Example:
Night 1 Actions for Schmidty
Move to: Ruined Tower
1: Kill RendeR
2: Battle Axe. Armor, Shield

Players may make 2 total actions in every 24 hour period. These actions may be PM’d to me at anytime up to the deadline. Actions will be dealt with based on the timestamps, so if you get yours in early, it will happen BEFORE someone who sends their’s in later.

Please always include the list of items you are using, there is a resolution phase that I follow to settle each encounter. Players attacking and defending will see weapons, and defenses used in the event.

After those items are listed you may add any questions or comments. I hope this isn’t too bothersome, but being my first GM game it’s going to assist me in keeping everything going smoothly.

NOTE: Just to restate this: Actions are NOT simultaneous! I will enact each action based on the time stamp it comes in with. As I process orders anything that may or may not affect other orders will be determined chronologically, with My common sense being the final deciding point (grin)

Results will be posted as soon as I can process everything and write up a small report.

Moving to a new region/area is NOT an action, each player may MOVE 1 time per 24 hour day. Note that certain skills/abilities may force players to move more than 1 time, however they cannot intentionally do so. Multiple movements will take place based on my own judgment of how orders and abilities interact.

Last edited by RendeR : 11-04-2007 at 10:17 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:45 PM   #4
RendeR
Coordinator

Roles: Any or all of the following roles MAY be in the game. Players will be notified of their roles, specific rules and winning conditions in their Private Messages.

Wolves: Big Bad, Den Mother, Tracker, Hunter, Pup(s)
Pigs: Super Sow, Wilbur, Piglet(s)
Evil Mastermind
Dragon
Lord Farquad
Little Red Riding Hood
Gingerbread Man
Pinicchio
Doris the Ugly Stepsister
Shrek
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Sir Lancelot Du Lac
Black Knight
Captain Hook
Tinkerbelle
Robin Hood
Peter Pan
Pied Piper
7 Dwarves (Happy, Bashful, Sneezy, Sleepy, Grumpy, Doc, and Dopey)
3 Bind Mice (Inken, Blinken and Nod)
Guenivere
Buttercup
Fiona
Others as needed =) Basically any Fairy tale Character, cute cartoon or Fantasy character COULD be in this game.

ITEMS
There are many itms in the game that help you attack, defend or take specific actions. The items themselves could vary from a rock or club to a full suit of shining armor or a magic wand. Actual items and their descriptions will come to you via PM. Items can be lost by death or by being lynched and thrown into the Bog of Eternal Stench. Some items are permanent and never fail, some have only a chance of working, others are one use only items. Many items are duplicated within the game, some are unique (This may or may NOT be known to the players)
Locations: Players spend each night in a location.

Ruined Castle Tower: This is the home of the Dragon, every person spending the night here adds 10% chance that the Dragon will discover you and attempt to eat one of you. Dragon gets bonuses for knowing his lair better than you when fighting within his tower.

Bog of Eternal Stench: This is where the Fairy Godparent sends the poor bastard that gets voted out each night. Once here a player MIGHT manage to escape with some elses help. Players held in the Bog are not dead, though while incarcerated they may not post in the discussion or vote on a lynch. If freed they regain full abilities as if they were never lynched. Players may spend the night here searching the same as the other locations.

Enchanted Castle: Home to the rulers of fairy tale land, unfortunately We don’t know who lives here! Whoever wins the game takes over the Kingdom!

Sherwood Forest: There is chance of each player being scared out of their wits and fleeing to another location, using up any remaining actions in the process.

Mines of Moria: This place is a maze of twisting twining hole. Don’t get lost in here! (There is a chance of players getting lost and staying here the following night)

Night Actions:

Search for items (1 Action): Self explanatory. Searching may or may not turn up anything useful.

Attack another Player (1 Action): They may attempt to kill another player with or without a weapon. Items belonging to both players will effect the outcome. Attackers and defenders start with a base % to succeed, this is NOT 100% and attacks may simply fail on their own. An attackers total score must overcome the defenders total score. For example, john wants to kill bill, they are both buck naked. John’s score is tested, if his attack succeeds, then I test Bill’s defense. If The defender is higher, the attack fails and the target knows they were attacked and possibly by whom(not the role, just the player) If the attack fails initially then it never happened, for whatever reason John just never got a chance to try.

Defend another player (1 Action): You may spend the night guarding someone of your choice. If that player is attacked the defensive total for BOTH of you will be totaled up and compared to the attackers score.

Spy on another player (1 Action): A player may follow another player for the night, this may result in one or both players discovering their true identities.

Last edited by RendeR : 10-31-2007 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:49 PM   #5
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Sadly I'll have to miss Render's maiden voyage, I have this little wedding thing coming up.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:10 PM   #6
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I'll give it a go. Can't wait to see the ruleset! I've been itching to play again after I missed these last two due to vacation...
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:23 PM   #7
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Sadly I'll have to miss Render's maiden voyage, I have this little wedding thing coming up.

Damn man, where are your priorities???

Good luck with the wedding lathum, best to you and yours!
Old 10-30-2007, 02:53 PM   #8
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

RendeR, I'ld like to be in.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:10 PM   #9
hoopsguy
General Manager

What is the expected start date for this?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:11 PM   #10
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola - I think the real reason that Lathum is skipping this one is that he has already had to play a fairy in a game of werewolf (*shudder* - thanks again for that conversion PM, Anxiety - *shudder*)
Old 10-30-2007, 03:18 PM   #11
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Sad to say, I will have to sit this one out as well. The last two games have been taxing for me. I am also heading out to California this Saturday for a one-week vacation with my relatives before I head back to the Philippines on the 10th.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:29 PM   #12
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I am in! Just give me an axe and call me Jack!
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:46 PM   #13
Telle
College Starter

I'll play.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:01 PM   #14
sebastian0622
n00b

Count me in.
sebastian0622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:27 PM   #15
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Dola - I think the real reason that Lathum is skipping this one is that he has already had to play a fairy in a game of werewolf (*shudder* - thanks again for that conversion PM, Anxiety - *shudder*)

Hehe.

For those unaware, hoops is referring to a game I ran where gay people were fighting against a town of fundamentals. I had a conversion, and it wasn;t THAT graphic, but let's just say that Lathum and hoops were closer than they may have wanted.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:28 PM   #16
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Do you still have it saved? I'd love to read it again. I lost all my WW stuff in teh move because it was on my work puter.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:29 PM   #17
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Because RendeR has stated that this game will havea 24 hour clock, I'm in.

I realized afer LAthum's ;ast game that I could'nt reasonably play a nimral game of WW while trying to write stories and such. For teh foreseeable future, I suspect I'll just be playing games with the 24 hour clock.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:39 PM   #18
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Hehe.

For those unaware, hoops is referring to a game I ran where gay people were fighting against a town of fundamentals. I had a conversion, and it wasn;t THAT graphic, but let's just say that Lathum and hoops were closer than they may have wanted.

it was horrible
Old 10-30-2007, 04:56 PM   #19
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Besides, since RendeR's first game was one where I was GM, I figure that I should be a player in his first game as GM.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:14 PM   #20
st.cronin
General Manager

I'll play.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:26 PM   #21
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
What is the expected start date for this?

+1
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:27 PM   #22
path12
Coordinator

Yup.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:29 PM   #23
RendeR
Coordinator

Weird, I've had some posts not get published today..I answered the start date question already and its not in here....

I plan to start the game Monday to give everyone a few days off, and telle is gone for the weekend. I'll send out PM's VERY late Sunday or early Monday and the first deadline will probably be Monday at 8pm EST but that is definitely subject to change up to and including monday morning.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:30 PM   #24
RendeR
Coordinator

Of course this is ENTIRELY hinged upon the current game ever freaking ending
Old 10-30-2007, 05:43 PM   #25
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Of course this is ENTIRELY hinged upon the current game ever freaking ending

I had a game last I think 13 or 14 days (including playing through the weekend) before. This one isn't that long!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:45 PM   #26
Poli
FOFC Survivor

In.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:45 PM   #27
st.cronin
General Manager

If Alan's game doesn't end by Christmas, I'm going to have to withdraw.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:51 PM   #28
Barkeep49
Coordinator

In though I wouldn't object to being killed early again. It's nice having a respite from WW.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:06 PM   #29
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
If Alan's game doesn't end by Christmas, I'm going to have to withdraw.

If thats the case I can take his place
Old 10-30-2007, 08:11 PM   #30
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Do you still have it saved? I'd love to read it again. I lost all my WW stuff in teh move because it was on my work puter.

Not in my Inbox, but I believe the words were burned into my retinas so there may still be hope of retrieving it.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:37 AM   #31
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

In.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:46 AM   #32
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'm in.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:49 AM   #33
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'll play if the game isn't too complicated. I'm finding that my weak intellect and inate laziness is a huge stumbling block for me when it comes to uber-intricate games.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:44 AM   #34
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'll play. I'm not traveling out of town next week any longer so I'm good until November 16th!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:40 AM   #35
Thomkal
Head Coach

I suppose I should play this time.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:07 AM   #36
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I suppose I should play this time.
Happy to have you back. I hope you find the right balance, which can be so hard to strike in WW .
Old 10-31-2007, 10:03 AM   #37
Lorena
Unregistered

Wow, this sounds awesome! I'm so, so tempted.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:04 AM   #38
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I'm in...I'll be in and out during the day but wont be able to be super active...I will be around at night though.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:17 AM   #39
hoopsguy
General Manager

Good luck with the "actions based on timestamps" aspect of this game. I really wanted to do that in my last Marvel game, but pulled it back at the last minute because of concerns around fairness between time zones. I would love to have a good example of how this can work effectively to use (steal) for future games.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:18 AM   #40
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

Damn... that sounds fun
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:30 AM   #41
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Good luck with the "actions based on timestamps" aspect of this game. I really wanted to do that in my last Marvel game, but pulled it back at the last minute because of concerns around fairness between time zones. I would love to have a good example of how this can work effectively to use (steal) for future games.
I did it in both Spawn games, and to a lesser extent in Survivor, and it seemed to work just fine.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:31 AM   #42
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Render: Do deaths reveal alignment, but not role?

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 10-31-2007 at 10:31 AM.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:33 AM   #43
RendeR
Coordinator

Deaths reveal everything, you have the ability to really study a corpse, a living being can defend themselves better
Old 10-31-2007, 10:36 AM   #44
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Wow, this sounds awesome! I'm so, so tempted.

C'mon DC, join up for old times sake =) The more players, the merrier the game!
Old 10-31-2007, 10:38 AM   #45
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

I don't really think it disadvantages anyone really. most people still won't be putting in ations or votes or anything really early in the day so the west coasters will still have plenty of time to act.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:59 AM   #46
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'll play.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:05 AM   #47
path12
Coordinator

If I place a provisional order early and then revise it later, will the original time stamp apply or the time the revision was submitted?
Old 10-31-2007, 11:12 AM   #48
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
If I place a provisional order early and then revise it later, will the original time stamp apply or the time the revision was submitted?

This will depend on what you're revising and if anyone else put in an order that your revision would adversely effect. Case by case basis on that.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:28 AM   #49
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Deaths reveal everything, you have the ability to really study a corpse, a living being can defend themselves better
So it's basically no public information on lynches?
Old 10-31-2007, 01:10 PM   #50
Lorena
Unregistered

In with a grin
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote