Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-13-2007, 07:48 PM   #151
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Well good, then I don't have to try to be leniant and less likely to vote for you on day 1s anymore then. Glad you cleared that up for me!

I guess I always assumed that unless you have some devious underhanded reason for it, you don't kill a new person on day 1, you don't kill someone after they leave on day 1 and you give people a chance to defend themselves on day 1.

Later in the game, more has been established, and its all fair game, but on day 1, I just assumed everyone would follow the same "gentleman" rules so to speak.

I guess thats not the case. So be it

If you have had good reason to vote for me and did not because I wasn't going to be around, that's foolish of you. If you have several equally good candidates and vote for me, knowing I won't be around, that's a bit worse.

Generally, I abide by what you put there, except I would state the "after they leave on day 1" rule to only apply to someone who didn't spend much of the day here already. Such as people like myself who leave early, early in the morning and often can't post within 20 hours of deadline.

If people have good reason to vote for you, why should they not be allowed to vote for you?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:48 PM   #152
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I think people would find it pretty unsporting to see someone lying about Real life stuff just because of a game. I am pretty sure most people don't do that. When Chief says he will be working, we assume he isn't just sitting at home refreshing this page laughing at us all.
Yeah I think that lying about RL stuff would be supabad and I just count on people not doing it. It is right up there, to me, with not PM'ing someone except as allowed, and only playing as 1 person.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:49 PM   #153
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Chief: I think Alan's agreeing with you to some extent which is why he's critical of PB, but not schmidty or render for the vote.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:49 PM   #154
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I assume you know what i meant and are being overly difficult for dramatic effect.

No, actually, I legitimately wonder what you were getting at? How does anyone know they're doing that unless the seer outright reveals and they still come at them hard without good reason?

No one but the seer knows he is the seer at the start of the game.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:49 PM   #155
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Yeah I think that lying about RL stuff would be supabad and I just count on people not doing it. It is right up there, to me, with not PM'ing someone except as allowed, and only playing as 1 person.

not Pm'ing someone, eh?

hahahahhahahahaha
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:50 PM   #156
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
If you have had good reason to vote for me and did not because I wasn't going to be around, that's foolish of you. If you have several equally good candidates and vote for me, knowing I won't be around, that's a bit worse.

Generally, I abide by what you put there, except I would state the "after they leave on day 1" rule to only apply to someone who didn't spend much of the day here already. Such as people like myself who leave early, early in the morning and often can't post within 20 hours of deadline.

If people have good reason to vote for you, why should they not be allowed to vote for you?

You either are purposely misconstruing my point or just missing it completely.

I never said people shouldn't vote for me. I said that all of the people who voted for me were around in the thread during the day while I was here and not a single one of them voted for me or even mentioned my vote as "suspicious" or in any other detail.. yet only after I left did they find it suspicious? Nothing changed in the 5 hours after I posted my vote and they posted their votes for me.. They should have brought it up earlier and not waited till after I left (as I had previously said I would)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:52 PM   #157
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Chief: I think Alan's agreeing with you to some extent which is why he's critical of PB, but not schmidty or render for the vote.

He has a funny way of "agreeing" with me.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:52 PM   #158
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, actually, I legitimately wonder what you were getting at? How does anyone know they're doing that unless the seer outright reveals and they still come at them hard without good reason?

No one but the seer knows he is the seer at the start of the game.

The wolves know who each other are, the villagers do not. Why would you want to randomly take a whack at someone who you know won't be there to defend themselves on day 1 in case they have some role that needs defense? You could take out a seer or bodyguard or something that could otherwise role reveal to save themselves.

I don't understand what is so hard to understand about this.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:53 PM   #159
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Render had plenty of time to vote for me and was around most of the afternoon. I didn't see Schmidty around after the game restart before I left.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:53 PM   #160
st.cronin
General Manager

This is what I have, with a bit more than five minutes to deadline:

PurdueBrad - 3 - AlanT (44), ntndeacon (72), path12 (88)
path12 - 3 - jeheinz72 (74), Passacaglia (147), Barkeep49 (149)
Alan T - 2 - Schmidty (76), RendeR (90)
Schmidty - 1 - Anxiety (80)
Chief Rum - 1 - Thomkal (84)
Barkeep49 - 1 - Chief Rum (94)

Let me know if I have made an error, please.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:54 PM   #161
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You either are purposely misconstruing my point or just missing it completely.

I never said people shouldn't vote for me. I said that all of the people who voted for me were around in the thread during the day while I was here and not a single one of them voted for me or even mentioned my vote as "suspicious" or in any other detail.. yet only after I left did they find it suspicious? Nothing changed in the 5 hours after I posted my vote and they posted their votes for me.. They should have brought it up earlier and not waited till after I left (as I had previously said I would)

Actually, you have been suggesting that very thing. That people not vote for you because you were going to be away.

I see your point, though, about it being more suspicious to lay that vote down after you leave, stating you would not be back for some time. I still think you came on way too strong, though, and now we have an outed BG.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:55 PM   #162
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The wolves know who each other are, the villagers do not. Why would you want to randomly take a whack at someone who you know won't be there to defend themselves on day 1 in case they have some role that needs defense? You could take out a seer or bodyguard or something that could otherwise role reveal to save themselves.

Same point though, why take a whack at someone when you aren't around to hear their defense? That makes about as much sense. Wouldn't no lynch have made more sense? If forced to reveal and you aren't there, what good does that do?
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:55 PM   #163
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Actually, you have been suggesting that very thing. That people not vote for you because you were going to be away.

I see your point, though, about it being more suspicious to lay that vote down after you leave, stating you would not be back for some time. I still think you came on way too strong, though, and now we have an outed BG.

Show me where I suggested that once. I said it was very suspicious that they waited until after I left to blindside me. I never once said they shouldn't vote me at all. . I said many many times that my issue was them waiting until I left.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:57 PM   #164
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

You have to vote for someone, Alan. There are no guarantees that any one player will be around to see a vote against them.

If the reason is good enough, I don't see a problem with voting for someone, even after they say they will be gone. The quality of the reason, though, is subjective.

No one should get an automatic free pass on any day in WW unless they are absolutely proven.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:57 PM   #165
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Same point though, why take a whack at someone when you aren't around to hear their defense? That makes about as much sense. Wouldn't no lynch have made more sense? If forced to reveal and you aren't there, what good does that do?

I agree fully. Glad you see my side of this. That is why I placed my vote a good 4 - 5 hours before I left to see any response or defense.. to which there was none, zero, zilch..

I purposely voted early just for that reason, I wanted time to hear any response before I left. Glad you finally see my side of the story and I expect you will vote yourself now for such a horrible offense!
Old 11-13-2007, 07:57 PM   #166
path12
Coordinator

Don't have time to catch up. Do I need to move my vote for any reason?
Old 11-13-2007, 07:58 PM   #167
path12
Coordinator

Nice. Whassup, BK and Pass?
Old 11-13-2007, 07:59 PM   #168
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Alan, did you miss when I asked the logic on voting me based on the previous game? What other defense is there that early?!?! There was no logic to that.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:59 PM   #169
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

That was asked before you left btw but I won't patronize you by time-stamping it. I really hope you are BG since I moved my vote because I will be kicking myself for many games if not.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:00 PM   #170
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Nice. Whassup, BK and Pass?
Sorry. I think Alan and PB are both villagers and you were the only other person around.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:00 PM   #171
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Alan, did you miss when I asked the logic on voting me based on the previous game? What other defense is there that early?!?! There was no logic to that.

I actually have things against people with P names. After you, I am coming after Path and Passacaglia.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:01 PM   #172
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Sorry. I think Alan and PB are both villagers and you were the only other person around.

Cool. Real bad call though.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:01 PM   #173
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Show me where I suggested that once. I said it was very suspicious that they waited until after I left to blindside me. I never once said they shouldn't vote me at all. . I said many many times that my issue was them waiting until I left.

So your sarcastic posts about the "gentlemanly" way to play Day One WW were disingenuine then? You actually believe that people who say they will be gone for the day should get voted for, that new people should be killed on Day One and that people who can't defend themselves should be voted for?

Old 11-13-2007, 08:01 PM   #174
st.cronin
General Manager

deadline

knives out
Old 11-13-2007, 08:02 PM   #175
st.cronin
General Manager

So, this is what I still have:

You all have a few more seconds to correct me, then it becomes final.

knives out
Old 11-13-2007, 08:03 PM   #176
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I actually have things against people with P names. After you, I am coming after Path and Passacaglia.

Hehe, now that's a reasoning I'll take! Alan, I stand by the fact that I believe (despite the one post that I had issue with) that you are a villager and more than likely your reveal is true but I am too. I understand that you'll be going after me all day tomorrow if I make it through this vote and the night so I guess more fun tomorrow, yay.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:03 PM   #177
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Didn't PB vote for path?
Old 11-13-2007, 08:03 PM   #178
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
So, this is what I still have:

You all have a few more seconds to correct me, then it becomes final.

I voted Path unless I forgot to bold it (which I understand)
Old 11-13-2007, 08:04 PM   #179
Barkeep49
Coordinator

In post 131 PB voted for path. That's why I voted for him, since it gave him a second vote.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:04 PM   #180
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Post 131 is my vote for Path12
Old 11-13-2007, 08:06 PM   #181
st.cronin
General Manager

path12 - 4 - jeheinz72 (74), Passacaglia (147), Barkeep49 (149), PurdueBrad (131)

Ok, my apologies, this is what I have then. Give me a few minutes and I'll have results.

knives out
Old 11-13-2007, 08:08 PM   #182
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Don't suppose there is any chance path is a wolf, is there?

Old 11-13-2007, 08:08 PM   #183
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So your sarcastic posts about the "gentlemanly" way to play Day One WW were disingenuine then? You actually believe that people who say they will be gone for the day should get voted for, that new people should be killed on Day One and that people who can't defend themselves should be voted for?

Now I know you are being difficult on purpose.

Quote:

I guess I always assumed that unless you have some devious underhanded reason for it, you don't kill a new person on day 1, you don't kill someone after they leave on day 1 and you give people a chance to defend themselves on day 1.

Once again, my only beef is that it all happened after I left while they sat around all day with the opportunity to do so. If they wanted to vote me before I left, then hey its part of the game, and I've said that I have no problems with people day 1 voting me in the past many times.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:09 PM   #184
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm hoping since if he's not, I'm likely the next one to go.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:10 PM   #185
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Now I guess the wolves get to wonder if I protected myself or someone else.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:10 PM   #186
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Don't suppose there is any chance path is a wolf, is there?

Nope. I'm the duke. As we'll soon see.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:11 PM   #187
st.cronin
General Manager

Path12 CHANGES THE VOTE!

Today's lynch victim is Barkeep49.

Barkeep49 is a wolf!

Pms going out, day 2 will begin in a few minutes.

knives out
Old 11-13-2007, 08:11 PM   #188
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Christ, two reveals...
Old 11-13-2007, 08:11 PM   #189
path12
Coordinator

Hmm. How 'bout that?
Old 11-13-2007, 08:11 PM   #190
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Now I know you are being difficult on purpose.

Once again, my only beef is that it all happened after I left while they sat around all day with the opportunity to do so. If they wanted to vote me before I left, then hey its part of the game, and I've said that I have no problems with people day 1 voting me in the past many times.

And MY beef is that you came out so strong, you attracted even more attention to yourself and got yourself outed. So I guess we both have our beefs to spit.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:12 PM   #191
st.cronin
General Manager

Alan T has been killed by wolves - he was the bodyguard.

Day 2 has begun - deadline Wednesday 9:00pm Eastern.

knives out

Last edited by st.cronin : 11-13-2007 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:12 PM   #192
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Nice job Path12! I think between this and the game were AE duked off of Hoops are the only two times I've seen a duke nail a wolf. WTG.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:13 PM   #193
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Path12 CHANGES THE VOTE!

Today's lynch victim is Barkeep49.

Barkeep49 is a wolf!

Pms going out, day 2 will begin in a few minutes.

Wow, way to go path. And I voted for a wolf. Well, then, two of us are right, at least.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:13 PM   #194
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I guess Alan didn't protect himself. I probably wouldn't have either if I were in his shoes. Hard to make a right call; just ends up being 50-50.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:16 PM   #195
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

Ha! At least I called that one right!
Old 11-13-2007, 08:17 PM   #196
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

A shame. Barkeep voted for path. If he had voted somewhere else, we might have had another data point toward building an early COT, which is even more important now that we have lost the BG (and the duke, technically).

Old 11-13-2007, 08:17 PM   #197
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Wow, way to go path. And I voted for a wolf. Well, then, two of us are right, at least.
I was amazed that you were the only who did that after my initial goof.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:17 PM   #198
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

This was a pretty high cost day but we got a wolf, which has been rare on day one. Path is obviously our one COT and Chief Rum is probably second so I'll be following your leads. Nice job gentlemen.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:19 PM   #199
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ha! At least I called that one right!

lol...I was about to say, "Well, duuuh, he came out and said it", when I realized you meant the 50-50 shot, not that he was the BG.

Okay, now get out of here, wolfy.

And speaking of wolfy, look, not trying to throw a mess into all this, but the rules state that the wolf lover has duke powers. It's not out of the realm of possibility that path is the wolf lover.

I strongly lean toward giving him the benefit of the doubt, but I think it's important we don't forget that.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:20 PM   #200
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was amazed that you were the only who did that after my initial goof.

Well, it was technically a meta-game reason and I only coulda gotten away with it on Day One. I'm not surprised people with more scruples than me didn't choose to follow me on to you.