Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-21-2007, 07:00 AM   #51
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Hey folks, My sincere apologies for not being around earlier. It was an odd day at work and even odder afterwards. My mental state is definitely not at its best but Thanks to BK it won't efect the game (thanks for delaying day 1 till tomorrow!)

Hrm...seems there is some interesting day 1 votes out there.

I will....givea payback vote:

VOTE CLAMYDIA ERR...CLAPHAMCHUCK...ERR WHATEVER... THE CLAM NAME GUY

grrrr

GIT R DUN!!!

claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:46 AM   #52
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, wish I would've been drunk but Alan hit the nail on the head. I was referring to a PM I received regarding Chief's role. As I said, I wasn't that sure about the anti-seer role (although I think I've got it now) which means the most dangerous part of that role is that it gives the wolves another voting entity. Meaning 3 of 6 right now can definitely sway the game. I'm willing to knock Chief out to take it down to 2 of 5 and then hope we can get a wolf day two. Although with our low numbers, this may not be the best play, so I'm willing to listen.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:47 AM   #53
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Yeah, wish I would've been drunk but Alan hit the nail on the head. I was referring to a PM I received regarding Chief's role. As I said, I wasn't that sure about the anti-seer role (although I think I've got it now) which means the most dangerous part of that role is that it gives the wolves another voting entity. Meaning 3 of 6 right now can definitely sway the game. I'm willing to knock Chief out to take it down to 2 of 5 and then hope we can get a wolf day two. Although with our low numbers, this may not be the best play, so I'm willing to listen.

So you belive chief?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 09:49 AM   #54
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post

If we vote out the anti-seer today, that makes it 3-2 good guys, with night kill its back to 2-2 but we still have the duke on our side. Lucky Bodyguard block and its still 3-2 and looking good.

If we take a shot at someone else, and miss then game is pretty much over. If we take a shot at someone else and hit, its still the same effect as if we went after the anti-seer with the only exception being the wolf to human ratio. as BK mentioned earlier the ratio doesn't go into effect until after day 2, so being 2-2 isn't a problem after tonight's night kill and is almost unavoidable without a lucky bodyguard block.

Right now I am guessing we take out the anti-seer and the wolves either help us or we find out who they are by them voting for someone else (Like Render did)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:50 AM   #55
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
So you belive chief?

Can you give me any reason that Chief would be lying to make me not want to vote for him? I can think of two other possible lies that he could be making and in neither case it would make me want to move my vote from him. Can you give me a new fourth scenerio that I haven't already thought of?
Old 11-21-2007, 09:57 AM   #56
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Can you give me any reason that Chief would be lying to make me not want to vote for him? I can think of two other possible lies that he could be making and in neither case it would make me want to move my vote from him. Can you give me a new fourth scenerio that I haven't already thought of?

um, well reasons he would lie, hes a wolf, hes the duke and wants to controll who dies, cant think of another reason to lie! so......

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 09:58 AM   #57
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

ps, im not saying i dont belive him!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 10:00 AM   #58
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
um, well reasons he would lie, hes a wolf, hes the duke and wants to controll who dies, cant think of another reason to lie! so......

That is not a very convincing arguement
Old 11-21-2007, 10:00 AM   #59
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

P.S. nice signature.. that is about as long as I have dominated WW too!
Old 11-21-2007, 10:13 AM   #60
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That is not a very convincing arguement

I wasnt making an argument, just asking if you belived chief

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 10:13 AM   #61
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

thanks, I actulally did pretty good in my last game! Made one big mistake, and won anyways! whew!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 10:18 AM   #62
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I wasnt making an argument, just asking if you belived chief

Ok good, now we got that out of the way.. since you haven't been able to give a good arguement for why not to vote for Chief, and actually have given two great reasons to vote for him... What about Render is it that you feel makes him an even better choice?

If you feel the way you say, why didn't you move your vote to Chief previously?
Old 11-21-2007, 10:22 AM   #63
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Ok good, now we got that out of the way.. since you haven't been able to give a good arguement for why not to vote for Chief, and actually have given two great reasons to vote for him... What about Render is it that you feel makes him an even better choice?

If you feel the way you say, why didn't you move your vote to Chief previously?

I dont feel any way. And I havent changed becasue we still have 10 hours till the vote

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 10:24 AM   #64
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I dont feel any way. And I havent changed becasue we still have 10 hours till the vote

That is fairly non-commital of you then

Just curious because you come across as somewhat defending someone who has a likely chance of being bad, and then are voting with him on someone else for no real good reason other than it being a day 1 vote rather than vote for someone who admittedly has come out and said he was bad, without giving any good reason not to vote for him.

Surely you can see my problem with perception here
Old 11-21-2007, 10:27 AM   #65
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That is fairly non-commital of you then

Just curious because you come across as somewhat defending someone who has a likely chance of being bad, and then are voting with him on someone else for no real good reason other than it being a day 1 vote rather than vote for someone who admittedly has come out and said he was bad, without giving any good reason not to vote for him.

Surely you can see my problem with perception here

sure i can, but....

He voted with me in an attempt to save his life! and im nto defending him at all, I jsut wanted to knwo why someone would belive him. to me it seems that his reveal sentenced him to death, so why would he do it? what would he hope to gain? I tend to think things through by typing them so most of my ideas are half baked at best.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 10:35 AM   #66
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

While I am on the subject, I am also puzzled by Render's vote. Render always comes out yelling and screaming and kicking about not listening to a known bad guy, and why you should always vote for him.. yet here he didn't.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:18 AM   #67
path12
Coordinator

Well, I'm pleased to note that according to my PM replies nobody is bad in this game except for Chief being the wolf lover.

Whew! That's a relief! Where's the turkey?
Old 11-21-2007, 11:18 AM   #68
path12
Coordinator

There is only one vote to make today.

VOTE CHIEF RUM
Old 11-21-2007, 11:20 AM   #69
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Says the guy who won WW Survivor! Be careful, clapham!
Old 11-21-2007, 11:23 AM   #70
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
It's 1:1, but the wolves can't win until the conclusion of D2/start of D3.

Boo!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:03 PM   #71
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Boo!
so ur a wolf and you want and easy win?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 01:23 PM   #72
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
so ur a wolf and you want and easy win?
Psst. Pass isn't playing
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:25 PM   #73
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Psst. Pass isn't playing

I dont need any details!!! :P

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 03:43 PM   #74
RendeR
Coordinator

Hi folks, go a few minutes to check in and respond to some things...

Alan: I appreciate your effort on that PM, however the first thing that sprang to my mind is that you are a wolf looking for one of the three good roles. So frankly, I'll answer your question: I am not a wolf. (He asked me to name a role that I am not)

Clam: No offense meant with my vote there, was just tired and wanted to have some fun after mistyping your name like a dozen times.

Chief: I dunno what you think you're pulling with the PM stunt. I have a LOT more respect for your playing skills than to take that PM as a realistic action. I don't for a second actually believe you are the Anti-Seer. What you are is definitely in question however.

Alan-redux: My vote on Clam was based on both my complete disbelief in Chief's PM and the fact that he voted for me. I have a reason for NOT voting for Chief Rum, and that is my belief that he's lying through his teeth about being the anti-seer. I don't see a wolf making that play, it just draws attention directly to them, so I have to believe at this point that CR is one of the 3 good guys and is trying to flush out a wolf by hoping they'd come trotting along like some dazed monkey after a treat.

So, I'm keeping my vote on Clam. For now at least. If I had a good reason to vote elsewhere I will gladly move it. I AM beginning to suspect Alan after his very well thought out and carefully worded PM to me made the hair stand up on end. I think it was a very well worded attempt to learn my role directly to set up a night kill.

In fact:

UNVOTE CLAPHAMSA

VOTE ALAN T
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:50 PM   #75
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well I guess this answers any questions I had about you.

It is interesting however that those I have the most trust for have been more open to what role they may or may not have while those I don't trust a ton aren't interested in being caught in a lie. So far no one has claimed a role that someone else had.. so Right now I have a fairly solid CoT in my mind on who the other two people are on my team.

I have 1 other person that I am waiting to hear back from that could change some of that up, but I think once Chief dies, hopefully the BG gets a good block in and I know exactly where I am going tommorrow with my vote.

Quote:
Hi folks, go a few minutes to check in and respond to some things...

Alan: I appreciate your effort on that PM, however the first thing that sprang to my mind is that you are a wolf looking for one of the three good roles. So frankly, I'll answer your question: I am not a wolf. (He asked me to name a role that I am not)

Clam: No offense meant with my vote there, was just tired and wanted to have some fun after mistyping your name like a dozen times.

Chief: I dunno what you think you're pulling with the PM stunt. I have a LOT more respect for your playing skills than to take that PM as a realistic action. I don't for a second actually believe you are the Anti-Seer. What you are is definitely in question however.

Alan-redux: My vote on Clam was based on both my complete disbelief in Chief's PM and the fact that he voted for me. I have a reason for NOT voting for Chief Rum, and that is my belief that he's lying through his teeth about being the anti-seer. I don't see a wolf making that play, it just draws attention directly to them, so I have to believe at this point that CR is one of the 3 good guys and is trying to flush out a wolf by hoping they'd come trotting along like some dazed monkey after a treat.

So, I'm keeping my vote on Clam. For now at least. If I had a good reason to vote elsewhere I will gladly move it. I AM beginning to suspect Alan after his very well thought out and carefully worded PM to me made the hair stand up on end. I think it was a very well worded attempt to learn my role directly to set up a night kill.

In fact:

UNVOTE CLAPHAMSA

VOTE ALAN T
Old 11-21-2007, 05:32 PM   #76
Lorena
Unregistered

Full PM capabilites eh? Very interesting.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:35 PM   #77
RendeR
Coordinator

Yeah, you shoulda seen Alan T's PM to me, I thought I was the victim of a WW phishing scam....
Old 11-21-2007, 05:45 PM   #78
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, you shoulda seen Alan T's PM to me, I thought I was the victim of a WW phishing scam....

Considering everyone except Chief Rum basically got the same PM from me, I'm not sure why you are making it seem like I am trying to out the seer

I pretty much succeeded in my goal and I feel I have a good idea which other 2 people are good guys and what roles they have. I figured to cover my basis I would talk to the people I distrusted as well, and I pretty much got the predictable response.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:49 PM   #79
Lorena
Unregistered

Hey Purduebrad
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:15 PM   #80
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Considering everyone except Chief Rum basically got the same PM from me, I'm not sure why you are making it seem like I am trying to out the seer

I pretty much succeeded in my goal and I feel I have a good idea which other 2 people are good guys and what roles they have. I figured to cover my basis I would talk to the people I distrusted as well, and I pretty much got the predictable response.

All the more evidence that you and chief are both looking for someone. If I were actually trying to find something out I'd be sending PM's to everyone too. Doesn't make sense to send to only one or two people you learn nothing that way.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:18 PM   #81
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
All the more evidence that you and chief are both looking for someone. If I were actually trying to find something out I'd be sending PM's to everyone too. Doesn't make sense to send to only one or two people you learn nothing that way.

You are right, I was looking for someone(s), my fellow good guys. So of course I wanted to probe people. The good news is that I also know which role is which as well based on knowing what role I have. So I do know who the seer is, and I have no intentions of sharing it with you. I think with Chief being lynched today, its going to come down to whether or not we have a lucky BG block tonight or not.. since you all will know who the good guys are too just don't know which of us is which role.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:46 PM   #82
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I sent one out to everyone also.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:23 PM   #83
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

unvote Chief Rum

vote Alan T.

Thrown by the PM, especially since many got it rather than a couple that he may have trusted/guessed at.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:27 PM   #84
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ahh man, I made a poor guess on who the good guys were. Ahh well, nice job PB and Render.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:36 PM   #85
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Self preservation vote.

UNVOTE RENDER

VOTE ALAN T

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:40 PM   #86
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Nice job wolves.. late vote switches when everyone else is away.

Good luck good guys, and happy turkey day for everyone
Old 11-21-2007, 08:55 PM   #87
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Nice job wolves.. late vote switches when everyone else is away.

Good luck good guys, and happy turkey day for everyone

Nice try, Alan. I'm not falling for that. I hope everyone feels the same way I do.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:58 PM   #88
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Nice try, Alan. I'm not falling for that. I hope everyone feels the same way I do.

Falling for what? It doesn't really matter at this point. Everyone will find out in 3 minutes that I am the bodyguard, and we pretty much lost this game. I give credit to PurdueBrad because his play I think was good. Render I think I was pretty on to.

No one is around to change things other than the wolves anyway and I know they have no interest in moving in the last 2 minutes. I know who is what role and I am not sharing as I go down.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:00 PM   #89
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well its deadline. Hope everyone has a good turkey day and football watching.. Go Falcons!
Old 11-21-2007, 09:01 PM   #90
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Go Falcons!

I think I've discovered the root of your troubles Alan
Old 11-21-2007, 09:04 PM   #91
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think I've discovered the root of your troubles Alan

Probably right, but I would love it if they upset the colts!
Old 11-21-2007, 09:26 PM   #92
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Plop. Overboard goes Alan. The boat speeds off and you leave him to drown. As you explore through his locker you see that he was the strong type. The type to guard.

When you awake in the morning you find another of your kind dead, it's path, who had the ability to see people for what they truly were.

We're on Day 2
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:29 PM   #93
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry Alan. Let's try this again and quickly:

vote RendeR
Old 11-21-2007, 09:32 PM   #94
RendeR
Coordinator

*chuckles*

Poor PB, all alone....does it feel lonely on the boat?

Vote PurdueBrad

Vote nightfall
Old 11-21-2007, 09:34 PM   #95
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

vote nightfall as well. And yeah, definitely feels lonely on the boat. Now I wish I would've had one more drink before coming home, wouldn't have been here in time to make that colossal error!
Old 11-21-2007, 09:34 PM   #96
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Heh...sorry PB.

VOTE PURDUEBRAD

VOTE NIGHTFALL

Old 11-21-2007, 09:35 PM   #97
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Of course, PB can extend this a day with his ability, but that's about it.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:36 PM   #98
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Well played guys. As I said via PM, I wasn't sold on the Alan T. vote until he started the doom/gloom that's game talk. I usually equate that with a wolf trying to get out of a lynch and misread it.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:38 PM   #99
RendeR
Coordinator

It didn't help that both Chief and I fed you BS via PM to keep you as confused as possible =)
Old 11-21-2007, 09:40 PM   #100
RendeR
Coordinator

And even if PB dukes one of us that just means he dies a horrible dorwning death at the end of night 2 and we win then either way. So its all good.

I was just worried that you'd Duke it over to chief or I for some reason PB and then we get busted on the BG play and end up way behind.

But in the end it all came out well =)

AROOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo AR AR ARRrrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo