Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-07-2007, 09:22 AM   #451
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Schedule team 42

We are Notre Dame are sensitive towards Indian tribes that are classlessly used as sports mascots. Even though the Chesapeake tribe has likely been destroyed for 300+ years, I feel that their memory should be preserved. Thus:

Vote Chesapeake

We at the University of Falls Church (UFC) are deeply sensitive to the plight of Native Americans, which is why our mascot is the Crushers, not the Chesapeakes. UFC would also like to note that the University continues to urge the NFL's Washington Redskins, the last NFL team to integrate, to change the most offensive name in all of American sports.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:26 AM   #452
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
VOTE JEHEINZ72

Simply on the theory that he has the largest lead over the last place team in his conference of anyone, and it might be to our advantage to make that gap closer.

I disagree entirely. A wolf in first place -- especially if 2nd is miles away -- is virtually toothless. Villagers can't lose the game to one of them.

It still appears to me that the wolves are trying to maneuver Molson into the at large spot in my conference.

vote Molson
Old 12-07-2007, 09:27 AM   #453
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Challenge Molson

If molson doesn't accept
Challenge Team 50

Oh no you didn't.

ACCEPT BARKEEP

VOTE NO SANCTIONS

PUBLIC POLL

1. Jeheinz72
2. Molson
3. Chesapeake
4. Lathum
5. Path
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:28 AM   #454
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
I disagree entirely. A wolf in first place -- especially if 2nd is miles away -- is virtually toothless. Villagers can't lose the game to one of them.

It still appears to me that the wolves are trying to maneuver Molson into the at large spot in my conference.

vote Molson

You think jeheinz is a wolf?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:29 AM   #455
st.cronin
General Manager

dola, and that's obviously not true even if jeheinz is a wolf, he could easily throw as many games as he needs to get to second.

Not that I feel very strongly about sanctions either way, but that's just a wrong argument, unless you know something we don't.

knives out
Old 12-07-2007, 09:32 AM   #456
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Did Passacaglia say there wasn't going to be any weekend play, or am I imagining that?

yeah, he said no weekend play
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:35 AM   #457
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Did Passacaglia say there wasn't going to be any weekend play, or am I imagining that?

That's right. Day 5 ends Monday, 2 PM Central, since I'll be in Grand Rapids for Hanukkah.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:22 AM   #458
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
dola, and that's obviously not true even if jeheinz is a wolf, he could easily throw as many games as he needs to get to second.

Not that I feel very strongly about sanctions either way, but that's just a wrong argument, unless you know something we don't.

All I know is what the math tells me.

A combination of 150 points needs to change hands for jeheinz to drop to 2nd. As the season progresses and the divisor increases, picking up lots of points is difficult AND the teams in his conference are going to have a very hard time beating him unless games get thrown.

Other teams in jeheinz's conference have 23, 0 and -10 PPs. Unless we start throwing sanctions at him, no one in that conference is going to catch him unless the wolves start throwing all their sabotage points at him. And, ultimately, that does them no good. Taking that may points away from him would probably take him out of the running for the at-large berth, anyway. Also, if jeheinz is the wolf, we can hit him with sanctions when and if it becomes a reasonable play.

So my point is, you can stick a fork in that conference. It is done. If jeheinz is the wolf, he is out of reach of the rest of the division. If any of the other 3 players are the wolf, they are way out of the race for the at-large berth anyway.

So I return to my main point: Lathum was cleared by RendeR, Path (formerly Alan T) did enough anti-wolf work earlier in the game that many probably feel like me that he is not a wolf. So my conference wolf is either Molson or myself. I am in first place, and a wolf winning the conference is no threat to the village. Molson is in second and a serious threat to grab the atlarge berth and the game for the wolves. He is the right and timely play.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:24 AM   #459
chesapeake
College Starter

Public Poll
1. jeheinz
2. Mr. W
3. Chesapeake
4. Racer
5. Claphamsa

Schedule Team 40
Old 12-07-2007, 10:50 AM   #460
SnDvls
Pro Starter

public poll

SnDvls
RendeR
Path
Swaggs
St. Cronin

vote no sancations
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:51 AM   #461
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Schedule team 50
Vote Jheinze
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:24 AM   #462
RendeR
Coordinator

Public Poll:

#1 RendeR (yeah thats right, I', 0-3 and I'm STILL better than you)
#2 Jeheinz
#3 Anxiety
#4 SnDvls
#5 Racer

Schedule Team 75
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:39 AM   #463
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Vote Molson
Schedule team 60
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:41 AM   #464
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Public Poll
1. ntndeacon
2. Mr. Wednesday
3. chesapeake
4.claphamsa
5.st.cronin
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:47 AM   #465
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

A combination of 150 points needs to change hands for jeheinz to drop to 2nd. As the season progresses and the divisor increases, picking up lots of points is difficult AND the teams in his conference are going to have a very hard time beating him unless games get thrown.

Other teams in jeheinz's conference have 23, 0 and -10 PPs. Unless we start throwing sanctions at him, no one in that conference is going to catch him unless the wolves start throwing all their sabotage points at him. And, ultimately, that does them no good. Taking that may points away from him would probably take him out of the running for the at-large berth, anyway. Also, if jeheinz is the wolf, we can hit him with sanctions when and if it becomes a reasonable play.

So my point is, you can stick a fork in that conference. It is done. If jeheinz is the wolf, he is out of reach of the rest of the division. If any of the other 3 players are the wolf, they are way out of the race for the at-large berth anyway.

So I return to my main point: Lathum was cleared by RendeR, Path (formerly Alan T) did enough anti-wolf work earlier in the game that many probably feel like me that he is not a wolf. So my conference wolf is either Molson or myself. I am in first place, and a wolf winning the conference is no threat to the village. Molson is in second and a serious threat to grab the atlarge berth and the game for the wolves. He is the right and timely play.

If jeheinz is a wolf he can, and likely will, throw some in-conference games. As far as I know that option is open to anybody. If a conference is close, there is, say, a 1/4 chance that the wolves finish 2nd. If a villager is way ahead or way behind, there is a 1/3 chance that the wolves finish 2nd.

In other words, I completely disagree with your analysis.

knives out
Old 12-07-2007, 12:06 PM   #466
path12
Coordinator

Public poll

1) Lathum
2) jeheinz
3) Chesapeake
4) Molson
5) path12

VOTE NO SANCTIONS

SCHEDULE TEAM 88
Old 12-07-2007, 12:33 PM   #467
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Lathum
Path
Molson
Chesapeak
NTNDeacon
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:34 PM   #468
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

VOTE Molson

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:35 PM   #469
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

If the other teams don't win today, then he will gain virtually no power points in conference play. Teams in your conference have a decent shot of surpassing jeheinz because you guys can gain a lot of power points each conference game you play wheras Jeheinz is probably going to have trouble gaining many more power points after today. I agree that Jeheinz can find a way to finish second if he wants though.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:40 PM   #470
SnDvls
Pro Starter

just an FYI our conference (it includes jeheintz) has deciced not to have a championship game to prevent one more step that a wolf could throw a game and get the #2 spot. So the final standings will be just that.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:50 PM   #471
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Teams in your conference have a decent shot of surpassing jeheinz because you guys can gain a lot of power points each conference game you play
You're forgetting the increasing power points divisor. They'll be able to get 25%, 20%, and 16% of his points, and that will be going to different teams in turn. Barring sanctions/sabotage, that conference is toast.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 12-07-2007, 12:51 PM   #472
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

SCHEDULE TEAM 35

Old 12-07-2007, 12:52 PM   #473
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Also, to everyone voting no sanctions, you're competing just as much against other conferences as you are the wolves and the Catholic Detractors. You lose if another conference wins and you lose if the wolves or Catholic Detractors win. The only difference is that if the conferences work together, we can identify some of the detractors and then we can lower the chances of the wolves winnning or the Catholic Detractors and thus increase the chances of one of the conferences winning. Mr. Wednesday and Claphamsa's conference is just as much as a threat at this point to the other conferences as the wolves and Catholic detractors are.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:54 PM   #474
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
You're forgetting the increasing power points divisor. They'll be able to get 25%, 20%, and 16% of his points, and that will be going to different teams in turn. Barring sanctions/sabotage, that conference is toast.

Right, but not until after he plays an opponent who has played an opponent who has already played him which will only occur on the 3rd day of conference games.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:58 PM   #475
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

PUBLIC POLL:
1. jeheinz72
2. Mr. Wednesday
3. chesapeake
4. claphamsa
5. Chief Rum

Old 12-07-2007, 01:03 PM   #476
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
I agree that Jeheinz can find a way to finish second if he wants though.

It is extremely unlikely statistically that jeheniz could finish second in his conference UNLESS he starts bleeding enormous amounts of points. To just get into the realm of possibility, likely two of his conference mates have to pull off huge upsets. RendeR hitting v. Team 88 would be one, but Sndvls winning today's game (team 40, FYI) probably isn't. Anxiety, starting from 23points today, probably would have to nail a 50 or 60 in addition to RendeR's win.

Sanctioning jeheinz may make sense in future days. It is nothing but a distraction now. The Molson play makes a lot more sense today.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:05 PM   #477
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Right, but not until after he plays an opponent who has played an opponent who has already played him which will only occur on the 3rd day of conference games.

I'm totally not following you here.

My point is that the total number of points available to non-jeheinz teams in the conference, pending results from today, is 106, but less than half of that can go to any one team based on how the divisors work out. The second-place team in that conference is not a realistic threat, and we don't care who wins it aside from the national title implications.

The other conferences (mine included) are the threats.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:06 PM   #478
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, and either nobody took my advice to look at claphamsa, or they're not talking if they did.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:07 PM   #479
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Double dola, of that 106 pts, the max that any one team could get I think would be the initial 25% distribution in the first conference game, and they're going to have a very low likelihood of winning the game anyway.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:08 PM   #480
st.cronin
General Manager

Except that the only person saying molson is a wolf is somebody in molson's conference - in other words, somebody who couldn't possibly know that molson is a wolf.

Plus molson's conference is close, so if it turns out molson IS a wolf, there's a lot more options open to us to keep him out of second place.

knives out
Old 12-07-2007, 01:12 PM   #481
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
I'm totally not following you here.

My point is that the total number of points available to non-jeheinz teams in the conference, pending results from today, is 106, but less than half of that can go to any one team based on how the divisors work out. The second-place team in that conference is not a realistic threat, and we don't care who wins it aside from the national title implications.

The other conferences (mine included) are the threats.

Yeah, my post didn't really make any sense. I'm going to wait until after the deadline to explain what I intended to say.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:15 PM   #482
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Actually, I don't think I'm going to say what I intended to say in that post although I do understand what you are thinking.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:27 PM   #483
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
It is extremely unlikely statistically that jeheniz could finish second in his conference UNLESS he starts bleeding enormous amounts of points. To just get into the realm of possibility, likely two of his conference mates have to pull off huge upsets. RendeR hitting v. Team 88 would be one, but Sndvls winning today's game (team 40, FYI) probably isn't. Anxiety, starting from 23points today, probably would have to nail a 50 or 60 in addition to RendeR's win.

Sanctioning jeheinz may make sense in future days. It is nothing but a distraction now. The Molson play makes a lot more sense today.

To get the at-large bid, he doesn't even need to finish second in his conference. If two teams try to throw the same game, then the team with more power points has a greater chance of successfully throwing that game which means he can pretty much decide avoid finishing first in his conference if he wants (he may have to throw 2 games though). I just think the at-large bid from the conference with Mr. Wednesday and others will probably end up having more power points then jeheniz.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:29 PM   #484
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Dang, I am not making any sense in my posts today. Lets try again.

To get the at-large bid, he doesn't even need to finish second in his conference. If two teams try to throw the same game, then the team with more power points has a greater chance of successfully throwing that game which means he can pretty much avoid finishing first in his conference if he wants (he may have to throw 2 games though). I just think the at-large bid from the conference with Mr. Wednesday and others will probably end up having more power points then jeheniz.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:30 PM   #485
st.cronin
General Manager

Racer, if jeheinz is a wolf, isn't he well positioned to get the at-large bid?

knives out
Old 12-07-2007, 01:33 PM   #486
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
To get the at-large bid, he doesn't even need to finish second in his conference. If two teams try to throw the same game, then the team with more power points has a greater chance of successfully throwing that game which means he can pretty much decide avoid finishing first in his conference if he wants (he may have to throw 2 games though). I just think the at-large bid from the conference with Mr. Wednesday and others will probably end up having more power points then jeheniz.

Good points and I agree, in principle. But please note that Sndvls has recently posted that jeheinz's conference won't have a championship game.

Your final point that the at-large bid appears unlikely at this time to come from jeheinz's conference is a good one, and one that forms a basis for my argument.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:36 PM   #487
st.cronin
General Manager

3 words: sab o tage

You can't simply calculate what happens when people win or lose.

knives out
Old 12-07-2007, 01:40 PM   #488
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Racer, if jeheinz is a wolf, isn't he well positioned to get the at-large bid?

Yes. But again, I think conference with Mr. Wednesday and claphamsa is a bigger threat to get the at-large bid (either a wolf or a conference win for them). I would consider jeheinz's conference to be the number two threat to my conference.

Does someone have a vote count by the way? If "Vote No sanctions" is currently in the lead and moving my vote off of Claphamsa and onto Jeheinz might make a difference, I will switch my vote.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:43 PM   #489
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Great to see everyone breaking it down for me

VOTE NO SANCTIONS

Public Poll

1. jeheinz72
2. RendeR
3. SnDvls
4. Anxiety
5. Molson

Challenge Team 72
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:46 PM   #490
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Except that the only person saying molson is a wolf is somebody in molson's conference - in other words, somebody who couldn't possibly know that molson is a wolf.

Plus molson's conference is close, so if it turns out molson IS a wolf, there's a lot more options open to us to keep him out of second place.

I've made my reasons for thinking he is a wolf pretty clear in several posts. I have seen no one counter the logic of them. Like any game of WW, the "facts" are based on suppositions. The only thing I know for certain is that I am not a wolf. I believe RendeR is a seer, and I believe that he spoke the truth when he scanned and cleared Lathum. I've seen no one contest RendeR's seer ability. I believed Alan T and now Path 12 was/is a seer, and based on their play I believe he/he is a villager.

Hear me now, think about it later, believe me next week.

If someone has dirt on either RendeR or path, that would be very relevant to this discussion, and I'd be eager to hear it. I'm not one of those people that doesn't consider additional information.

Sanctions now on Molson make him a lot easier to deal with in conference play. Jeheinz has to go a long way before he becomes a threat to the league.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:47 PM   #491
chesapeake
College Starter

By the way, there's been no talk about the Catholic thing that came up at the end of day 3. Anyone have thoughts on that?
Old 12-07-2007, 01:49 PM   #492
st.cronin
General Manager

I have no idea what to make of the Catholic thing, to be honest.

knives out
Old 12-07-2007, 01:53 PM   #493
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Unvote claphamsa
Vote Jeheinz72

Hopefully someone else will also move their vote off of somebody and also vote for Jeheinz. Although, I don't think Jeheinz is the biggest threat, it'd be better to hit who I think is the 2nd biggest threat to my conference rather then not to hit anyone at all. Again, voting no sanctions only hurts YOUR conference.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:53 PM   #494
chesapeake
College Starter

That's 2 of us. I guess it means we now have 2 sets of wolves, who may or may not overlap.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:56 PM   #495
st.cronin
General Manager

I haven't done any kind of vote count, but I feel like molson is in the lead for sanctions. It seems like he got a lot of early votes.

knives out
Old 12-07-2007, 01:57 PM   #496
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Unvote No Sanctions
Vote Molson

Since I was too lazy to count the votes earlier. I'm not a wolf guys, I"m a lobbyist.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:57 PM   #497
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

To that end, who is supposed to be scanning my conference? Shouldn't they have scanned me by now to verify?
Old 12-07-2007, 01:57 PM   #498
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I did this quickly but here is what I have:

Jeheinz72 - 4 votes
No Sanctions - 4 votes
Molson - 3 votes
Claphamsa - 1 vote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:58 PM   #499
Abe Sargent