1. Barkeep 1-1 90 points
3. Chief Rum 1-1 65 points
4. Swaggs 1-1 48 points

Conference 4
1. Jeheinz 2-0 190 points
2. Sndvls 0-2 0 points
3. Anxiety 0-2 0 points
4. Render 0-2 -10 points

The people who received 10 point hits the first day were Chief Rum (conference 3), Render (conference 4), and path 12 (conference 1).

The people who received 10 point hits the second day were Barkeep (conference 3), myself (conference 3), and Mr. Wednesday (conference 2).

The only person who hasn't received a 10 point deduction in my conference at this point is Swaggs. I'm guessing the detractors are the ones hitting people with the 10 point deductions (since they don't seem to be tied to any roles). Of course this doesn't mean Swaggs is a detractor. They could just be trying to trick us.

Also in addition to the seer in my conference, conference 2's seer also has not chosen to throw a game at least one of the days.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:14 PM   #353
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Oh I didn't see that St. Cronin had already updated the standings.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:16 PM   #354
RendeR
Coordinator

I don't see how revealing everything hurts the good guys much, sure the detratores know who we are, they know that already, but if we all reveal we know who they are too and can keep voting sanctions accordingly to keep them out of the BCS game.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:19 PM   #355
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I don't see how revealing everything hurts the good guys much, sure the detratores know who we are, they know that already, but if we all reveal we know who they are too and can keep voting sanctions accordingly to keep them out of the BCS game.

Barkeep, you're on right now. What are your thoughts on publicly revealing the roles in our conference? We already revealed them to each other which means the detractors probably know our roles also.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:20 PM   #356
RendeR
Coordinator

I'd like to start a list of Scanned people and the results:

Please post who you scanned and what they turned up as:

I scanned Lathum, he scanned villager.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:21 PM   #357
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
The people who received 10 point hits the second day were Barkeep (conference 3), myself (conference 3), and Mr. Wednesday (conference 2).
And claphamsa, also in conference 2.

As I said before, either ntndeacon is the detractor in our conference (and also is either the detractor seer, which I doubt, or is being erroneously vouched by Alan/now path12), or the detractor took a -10 in order to foster trust.

cronin's continuing crusade against me is starting to make me a little suspicious.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:24 PM   #358
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Uh, no, actually, we don't know who they are, because they all have roles as well.

I don't see that we have a huge amount to gain from knowing what anybody is aside from the scouts... among them, one is an unidentifiable detractor, but we should be OK if we can keep them in the bottom half of the conference. Everyone else... well, so we know that I'm a lobbyist, what good does that do you, exactly?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 12-05-2007, 05:25 PM   #359
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
And claphamsa, also in conference 2.

As I said before, either ntndeacon is the detractor in our conference (and also is either the detractor seer, which I doubt, or is being erroneously vouched by Alan/now path12), or the detractor took a -10 in order to foster trust.

cronin's continuing crusade against me is starting to make me a little suspicious.

I don't have a crusade against you; I'm playing to win my conference. Maybe that's too simple an approach, but I feel its the best way to play.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:28 PM   #360
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Uh, no, actually, we don't know who they are, because they all have roles as well.

I don't see that we have a huge amount to gain from knowing what anybody is aside from the scouts... among them, one is an unidentifiable detractor, but we should be OK if we can keep them in the bottom half of the conference. Everyone else... well, so we know that I'm a lobbyist, what good does that do you, exactly?

Okay, lets say you're a detractor and a seer scans you and announces that you are a detractor. Since we know the detractors have exactly one of each role, we would then know every other lobbyist is a good guy and then the seers wouldn't have to scan them.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:42 PM   #361
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Okay, so I feel the best route to go in terms of getting points is to play a team with a similar amount of points to me so

Challenge Mr. Wednesday
Old 12-05-2007, 05:56 PM   #362
SnDvls
Pro Starter

challenge 75

this is the best way for me to get some points and try to catch up to others without helping others as well.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:29 PM   #363
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Okay, here is the record breakdown by conference

Conference 1
Chesopeake 1-1 100 points
Molson 1-1 40 points
Lathum 1-1 42 points
Path12 0-2 -10 points

Conference 2
1. claphamsa 2-0 140 points
2. ntndeacon 1-1 100 points
3. Mr. Wednesday 1-1 90 points
4. St. Cronin 2-0 62 points

Conference 3
1. Racer 1-1 90 points
1. Barkeep 1-1 90 points
3. Chief Rum 1-1 65 points
4. Swaggs 1-1 48 points

Conference 4
1. Jeheinz 2-0 190 points
2. Sndvls 0-2 0 points
3. Anxiety 0-2 0 points
4. Render 0-2 -10 points

The people who received 10 point hits the first day were Chief Rum (conference 3), Render (conference 4), and path 12 (conference 1).

The only person who hasn't received a 10 point deduction in my conference at this point is Swaggs. I'm guessing the detractors are the ones hitting people with the 10 point deductions (since they don't seem to be tied to any roles). Of course this doesn't mean Swaggs is a detractor. They could just be trying to trick us.

Also in addition to the seer in my conference, conference 2's seer also has not chosen to throw a game at least one of the days.

I received both a 10 and a 50 point hit last ngiht

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:04 PM   #364
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I've thought this through. If all conferences reveal their conferences roles, then the probability of each conference being able to win should increase while the probability of the detractors winning should decrease. The reason for this is because if a scout finds out that a detractor in a specific conference is lobbyist and a second scout confirms it (since there is one bad scout), then the three good scouts don't need to scout any of the remaining lobbyists since they all have to be good since there is only one lobbyist who is a detractor. Thus revealing roles can eliminate people from being detractors without ever scouting them assuming the scouts hit just one detractor. Here are the roles in my conference:

Barkeep: Lobbyist
Chief Rum: Saboteur
Racer: Equipment Manager
Swaggs: Scout

Again, whoever the detractor is in my conference probably already gave this information to the other detractors since everyone in my conference role revealed to one another.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:10 PM   #365
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I challenge path

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:11 PM   #366
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Schedule Team 50

in case Mr. Wednesday doesn't accept my challenge and

Vote Swaggs

He definitely didn't throw the game in week one to scout someone since he won and I haven't received a PM with any information he might have gained in week two so I can't comment on that. He could just have been busy lately. However, everyone except him in my conference has also received ten points deductions so far although I think there is a chance the detractors could be setting him up.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:13 PM   #367
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I've thought this through. If all conferences reveal their conferences roles, then the probability of each conference being able to win should increase while the probability of the detractors winning should decrease. The reason for this is because if a scout finds out that a detractor in a specific conference is lobbyist and a second scout confirms it (since there is one bad scout), then the three good scouts don't need to scout any of the remaining lobbyists since they all have to be good since there is only one lobbyist who is a detractor. Thus revealing roles can eliminate people from being detractors without ever scouting them assuming the scouts hit just one detractor. Here are the roles in my conference:

Barkeep: Lobbyist
Chief Rum: Saboteur
Racer: Equipment Manager
Swaggs: Scout

Again, whoever the detractor is in my conference probably already gave this information to the other detractors since everyone in my conference role revealed to one another.

So did Swaggs throw his game yesterday, or did he lose randomly?

knives out
Old 12-05-2007, 08:15 PM   #368
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post

I have no idea. I haven't received a PM from him.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:19 PM   #369
st.cronin
General Manager

Ok. Well I'll just say that in our conference we know who the scout is, but not who he has scanned (if anybody). We're still working on whether its a good idea to let that out.

knives out
Old 12-05-2007, 08:20 PM   #370
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

schedule team 36
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:42 PM   #371
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:

Just to be complete, St. Cronin also got hit on day 1 and Claphamsa and jeheinz got hit on day 2.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:00 PM   #372
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Racer, unless I were to play one of the teams with 100 points or more (and on their side, I don't see why they would want to play me), I get more benefit from playing one of the team XX's. If I play you, I have a 50/50 chance of winning 45 pts. If I play team 50, I have a 50/50 chance of winning 50 pts. (I'm actually making a less-than-max-EV play by scheduling team 60, but I rather go for the bigger total...)

Old 12-05-2007, 11:01 PM   #373
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, that is, jeheinz, who I've already played, and claphamsa, who's in my own conference, might benefit by playing me, but they're off the table for obvious reasons.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:08 PM   #374
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post

I lost randomly.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:38 PM   #375
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I changed my mind. I'm not ready to vote to sanction someone in my own conference yet.

Unvote Swaggs
Vote claphamsa

Just going off what Mr. Wednesday said earlier.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:41 PM   #376
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Racer, unless I were to play one of the teams with 100 points or more (and on their side, I don't see why they would want to play me), I get more benefit from playing one of the team XX's. If I play you, I have a 50/50 chance of winning 45 pts. If I play team 50, I have a 50/50 chance of winning 50 pts. (I'm actually making a less-than-max-EV play by scheduling team 60, but I rather go for the bigger total...)

Ah that makes sense. For some reason I was thinking the winner would be getting 90 points.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:47 AM   #377
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All right, another set of mass actions...

Public Poll

1. Racer
2. Barkeep
3. Chief Rum
4. Swaggs
5. path12

Sanctions...

VOTE NTNDEACON

And I will play...

SCHEDULE TEAM 40

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:19 AM   #378
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Now that I'm actually awake and have reread the rules I'll go ahead and officially

Unchallenge Mr. Wednesday
Old 12-06-2007, 06:30 AM   #379
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

challenge team 79

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:04 AM   #380
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Schedule team 40

Vote jeheinz72
- obviously with such a huge lead, they must have alumnis paying highschoolers to commit to their school!

Poll:

#1 Notre Dame
#2 jeheinz72
#3 claphasma
#4 st.cronin
#5 chesapeake
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:02 AM   #381
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Schedule team 40

Vote jeheinz72
- obviously with such a huge lead, they must have alumnis paying highschoolers to commit to their school!

Poll:

#1 Notre Dame
#2 jeheinz72
#3 claphasma
#4 st.cronin
#5 chesapeake

Sorry -- Notre Dame doesn't get a vote!

Last edited by Passacaglia : 12-06-2007 at 09:03 AM.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:05 AM   #382
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

vote Jheinze
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:13 AM   #383
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Sorry -- Notre Dame doesn't get a vote!

That is fine, those votes can remain as an indication on how all of the smaller schools should be voting. Lead by example, I always say.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:21 AM   #384
chesapeake
College Starter

Accept ntndeacon
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:32 AM   #385
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
I do not believe that Alan T -- now path12 -- is the detractor. All the work and advice that Alan provided as a member of my conference appeared to me to be pretty useful and ultimately hurt the wolves. Lathum cannot be the evil seer, as our conference's seer is well known, leaving Molson and myself as the possible detractors. It ain't me. So if RendeR is telling the truth, than Molson is a detractor.

My only worry is this. Lathum and Molson are about tied for second in my conference (42 and 40 PPs respectively). This could be a ploy by the wolves to help Lathum cement his position in 2nd place with the hopes that he would secure the BCS at-large bid. That seems a bit far-fetched to me for day 3, however, as many things can change between now and then.

Vote Molson

My first thought here is that this clears things up and I need to vote chesapeake for sanctions. But I'm also always suspcicious of AlanT, even when he's helpful (because he's always helpful). Though that may be stretching it in this particular game, and I haven't digested everything they way I need to at this point.

I don't really have much better to go on anywhere else, though I'm also not a big fan of trying to impose sanctions falsely on someone in my own conference. That's something that could be the difference between us getting an at-large bit later on.

So I'll keep my non-sanction voting for now, though I might revisit it in a close vote

VOTE NO SANCTIONS

CHALLENGE 65

PUBLIC POLLL (Just going with my conference and then the overall points leader)
1. Lathum
2. Path12
3. Molson
4. Chesopeake
5. Jeheinz
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:34 AM   #386
molson
General Manager

Shit - no idea why that posted 3 times - permission to delete 2?
Old 12-06-2007, 09:36 AM   #387
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Shit - no idea why that posted 3 times - permission to delete 2?

That's fine. I was only going to count one of them, anyway. Nice job trying to trick me, though!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:39 AM   #388
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
That's fine. I was only going to count one of them, anyway. Nice job trying to trick me, though!

I can't get nothing past you.

2 Duplicate posts deleted.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:48 AM   #389
st.cronin
General Manager

CHALLENGE TEAM 45

knives out
Old 12-06-2007, 09:59 AM   #390
Swaggs
Coordinator

Anyone want to schedule an OOC game with me?

First come, first serve.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:50 AM   #391
Barkeep49
Coordinator

For the record: I delete multiple posts whenever I catch them.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:03 AM   #392
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
For the record: I delete multiple posts whenever I catch them.

How am I supposed to up my postcount then?
Old 12-06-2007, 11:10 AM   #393
SnDvls
Pro Starter

public poll

1. RendeR
2. Path
3. SnDvls
4. Anxiety
5. Lathum

vote no sanctions
(at this point)

going with my same voting pattern as last time
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:16 AM   #394
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

VOTE NO SANCTIONS

Public poll:
1. jeheinz72
2. Mr. Wednesday
3. claphamsa
4. chesapeake
5. Barkeep49

Old 12-06-2007, 11:23 AM   #395
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I challenge path

Sorry, I can't see where it's a good idea for me to accept challenges.

SCHEDULE TEAM 20
Old 12-06-2007, 11:29 AM   #396
path12
Coordinator

Finally caught up. I've already been outed as the scout in my conference, so I just want the other scouts to know that both my first two scans were in conference #2, as will today's -- so I will know the detractor in that conference by the end of the day.

I'm not coming out publicly yet with who has been scanned though until I get a bit more feel as to what's what.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:32 AM   #397
path12
Coordinator

Why are we voting jeheinz in the public poll? Doesn't it make a case towards him being the detractor by being 2-0 while the rest of his conf is 0-2 and 0 or -10 points?
Old 12-06-2007, 11:38 AM   #398
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

At this point, the public poll doesn't matter, so I don't care if I might be voting for a detractor. I'll care a lot more once the poll counts.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:38 AM   #399
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Challenge Team 33

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:01 PM   #400
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
At this point, the public poll doesn't matter, so I don't care if I might be voting for a detractor. I'll care a lot more once the poll counts.

Gotcha. OK then.

PUBLIC POLL
1) Chesapeake
2) Lathum
3) Molson
4) Mr W.
5) ntndeacon

VOTE JEHEINZ