Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-13-2007, 03:11 PM   #351
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, and if I'd had an actual day action, I probably wouldn't have had any confusion about it.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:11 PM   #352
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Wasn't Lathum scanned last night as well? Wouldn't this be that answer?

I'm not sure I was scanned. Someone was in my room. It could possibly have been Schmidty.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:18 PM   #353
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Wasn't Lathum scanned last night as well? Wouldn't this be that answer?

Well that's what I was hoping he'd just say, since there isn't a good reason to not just say a scan result since it's 1-time use.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:42 PM   #354
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote Hoopsguy
Old 12-13-2007, 03:49 PM   #355
SnDvls
Pro Starter

well I believe there is only one person who hasn't checked in today at all correct and that is Saldana?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:03 PM   #356
hoopsguy
General Manager

Correct, although we got very little commentary from Jonathan Ezarik in his one post.

OK, time to go post-hunting.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:10 PM   #357
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, here is some early speculation on what took place last night:

Barkeep - ???
Hoops - spied on SnDvls with Ethereal servant, was viewed
Clap - ???
Path - powers altered - by Jonathan (best guess)
Jonathan - potentially altered Path's powers
Saldana - ???
Lathum - visited/viewed by Schmidty? (pretty likely)
Swaggs - potentially visited/viewed me (gut based on his question earlier)
Cronin - powers altered by SnDvls (confirmed by my view on SnDvls)
JEHeinz - ???
Schmidty - potentially visited/viewed Lathum
MrW - ???
SnDvls - targeted Cronin with powers alteration

That leaves Barkeep, Clap, Saldana, JEHeinz, and MrW as the people that I have very little info - lack of info is generally a bad sign, from where I sit. It means they have a better chance to be a killer.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:12 PM   #358
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin or Path - can you guys comment, without giving away info you feel is important to safeguard, on what happened when your powers were altered? Was it a block, a redirect, or something else entirely?

SnDvls or Jonathan, if you guys know how this will impact your target I would love to get some clarification. I'm trying to see if there is reason to clear these people from being the killer last night.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:13 PM   #359
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Hoops, I think in general you've made a good plan of attack, but it doesn't account for the 1-time use factor "unique" to this game. I like my Squiddish power, but for me to use it last night would have been incomprehensibly lame.

I know that far from clears me, but I think using this list to off someone seems like a bad idea.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:16 PM   #360
hoopsguy
General Manager

One more note - I'm working with the assumption that we had three villagers in the cross-fire last night. I know my allegiance, we all know Passacaglia's at this point, and based on my view of SnDvls last night have him in an elevated (but not full) trust position.

I recognize that others may not view it this way and that is fine.

If I was playing as a wolf/avatar I would have had very little incentive to switch votes around late last night between Pass and SnDvls. The only scenario that makes sense with me as a wolf is the one that Lathum is using, that I'm wolf teammates with SnDvls. But if you re-read how yesterday went down you would have to conclude that I was extremely confident in my ability to pull off the right lynch when there was a good amount of uncertainty between candidates.

If you accept that I'm not a wolf, then you should take what I have to say about SnDvls as what I believe to be true.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:16 PM   #361
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Cronin or Path - can you guys comment, without giving away info you feel is important to safeguard, on what happened when your powers were altered? Was it a block, a redirect, or something else entirely?

SnDvls or Jonathan, if you guys know how this will impact your target I would love to get some clarification. I'm trying to see if there is reason to clear these people from being the killer last night.

I honestly have no idea what it did besided altering his powers. there is no way I could clear or damn him.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:18 PM   #362
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Hoops, I think in general you've made a good plan of attack, but it doesn't account for the 1-time use factor "unique" to this game. I like my Squiddish power, but for me to use it last night would have been incomprehensibly lame.

I know that far from clears me, but I think using this list to off someone seems like a bad idea.

JE, I get that. But it acts as a starting point for me to try and evaluate candidates. I'm willing to listen to other plans of attack if people have them. I'm going to be a hard sell on voting records from yesterday, based on what I typed up in my last post.

We're far enough along in the day that we need to get some kind of voting discussion going. So please jump in and help me with alternate ideas if I'm taking a bad tack.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:18 PM   #363
SnDvls
Pro Starter

getting ready to head home....no info is not a good thing in my mind so placing my vote now and hopefully we'll get more info....or just some info to change this

Vote Saldana
Old 12-13-2007, 04:20 PM   #364
hoopsguy
General Manager

SnDvls, what I'm worried about is that a power redirect could have pushed a kill from "Target A" to "random player", for example.

I don't want to give clearance to someone who shouldn't have it, thus the questions on the mechanic.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:24 PM   #365
hoopsguy
General Manager

Getting to the point where we have enough votes to bother tracking. Votes as of Post #364:

Cronin - Barkeep (270)
Lathum - JEHeinz (333)
Hoops - Lathum (354)
Saldana - SnDvls (363)
Old 12-13-2007, 04:25 PM   #366
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
SnDvls, what I'm worried about is that a power redirect could have pushed a kill from "Target A" to "random player", for example.

I don't want to give clearance to someone who shouldn't have it, thus the questions on the mechanic.

I'm sure there probally is a duke like power in this game, what chance of St. C getting it or having it I don't know, only he can answer that.

it clearly said I changed his power though.

you also have to take into account that the power and the symbol have to match up to use a power. Heck for all I know it could have just changed it from night to day.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:26 PM   #367
hoopsguy
General Manager

Frankly, the redirected kill theory makes more sense to me given our moderator's comments about last night looking like a crazy night. Because nothing looks all that crazy in my guesswork above.

It isn't meta-gaming if our moderator posts it in the thread, right?
Old 12-13-2007, 04:27 PM   #368
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
getting ready to head home....no info is not a good thing in my mind so placing my vote now and hopefully we'll get more info....or just some info to change this

Vote Saldana

This is weak IMO.

I would be far more suspicous of someone who has checked in with no info then someone who may have gotten caught up in a busy work day.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:30 PM   #369
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
This is weak IMO.

I would be far more suspicous of someone who has checked in with no info then someone who may have gotten caught up in a busy work day.

I look at people who don't/can't/aren't contributing less than those that do...sorry if you don't like it it's how I play
Old 12-13-2007, 04:33 PM   #370
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think ypu should at least give him a chance to check in.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:38 PM   #371
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Out for the evening, till prolly around 11pm tonight. Deadline is still firm at 9pm.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:54 PM   #372
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I'm outta here. I'm sticking on Lathum. See ya in the AM folks.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:54 PM   #373
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

thats an awfully random guess at a power there.....

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:56 PM   #374
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I did nothing and (to my knowledge) experienced nothing last night.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 12-13-2007, 04:58 PM   #375
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
If I was playing as a wolf/avatar I would have had very little incentive to switch votes around late last night between Pass and SnDvls. The only scenario that makes sense with me as a wolf is the one that Lathum is using, that I'm wolf teammates with SnDvls. But if you re-read how yesterday went down you would have to conclude that I was extremely confident in my ability to pull off the right lynch when there was a good amount of uncertainty between candidates.

There's so much metagaming that goes on, I'm not sure I would completely trust an assertion that you have little incentive as an avatar to change votes between two elementals. It could be an inspired play to try to gain trust. I'm not trying to argue it this way, I'm just saying that nothing gets a free pass from me (nothing).

Old 12-13-2007, 04:58 PM   #376
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I havent said anything cuz i have nothign to say, my squid power is essentially uselss! I tend to agree with what hoops is doing, very analytical (the accountant in me appreciates that) but im not seeing his conclusions. Ill actually have a chance to read over tonight and see whats goign on and say more later!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 05:00 PM   #377
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
thats an awfully random guess at a power there.....

clap, I have no idea how it worked, which is why I asked the question.

People may not be interested in revealing that information publicly, which is why I explained my thought process on asking for the info.

I've come up with much more convoluted ideas than that (modify power = redirect as opposed to negate) in previous werewolf games.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:07 PM   #378
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Vote Hoopsguy

Ok, well, since you're the only one I can trust:

Vore hoopsguy
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 05:08 PM   #379
Schmidty
Coordinator

Dola.

And yes, I did spy on Lathum last night, and was given the STRONG impression that he was good. I also saw what power he was using.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:09 PM   #380
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
OK, here is some early speculation on what took place last night:

Barkeep - ???
Hoops - spied on SnDvls with Ethereal servant, was viewed
Clap - ???
Path - powers altered - by Jonathan (best guess)
Jonathan - potentially altered Path's powers
Saldana - ???
Lathum - visited/viewed by Schmidty? (pretty likely)
Swaggs - potentially visited/viewed me (gut based on his question earlier)
Cronin - powers altered by SnDvls (confirmed by my view on SnDvls)
JEHeinz - ???
Schmidty - potentially visited/viewed Lathum
MrW - ???
SnDvls - targeted Cronin with powers alteration

That leaves Barkeep, Clap, Saldana, JEHeinz, and MrW as the people that I have very little info - lack of info is generally a bad sign, from where I sit. It means they have a better chance to be a killer.

Why do you think it's likely that Jonathan was the one that visited me? I didn't get anything from his post....
Old 12-13-2007, 05:10 PM   #381
hoopsguy
General Manager

Path, because he said he had the same power that SnDvls has.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:10 PM   #382
saldana
Pro Starter

ok, first, sorry for not being around all day...i normally would have been able to pley a bit during my lunch break, but being a clinical logistics manager during a snow and ice storm creates some free time issue, and lunch was unceremoniously cancelled by one of my clients today

that said, somthing happened to me last night...i was the object of an unidentifiable force....i didnt have a vision such as the one that hoops sent, but something was definitely directed against me last night.

i dont know if that means i was scanned, or something else

as far as today goes, i brought it up yesterday, and it was basically ignored, but i will bring it up again today, and hope someone gives a crap about what i have to say

Swaggs jumped in yesterday when the vote was already narrowing itself down, threw in a completely random vote for a brand new person, essentially making his vote worthless, and then jumped back out.

even though i called him out about it, he never defended it then or at any point since then...i know that it was day one, and random hit and run votes happen all the time, but this wasnt a 10 am vote...other than the shuffling that took place late, it was one of the last votes cast...his vote was needed to help decide the result of the day, and he went with a throwaway instead.

to me, that reeks

i should be in the rest of the night, btw

vote swaggs
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 05:11 PM   #383
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

What I know is this: I was invaded by another magic. I lost a power I originally had and got a substitute (and weaker) power in return. That's about all I want to say about it at this point.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:15 PM   #384
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Dola.

And yes, I did spy on Lathum last night, and was given the STRONG impression that he was good. I also saw what power he was using.

Wish you had looked at me if that is your logic.

Did you use an Ethereal Servant to do the spying or did you have another means of doing so? If you had a servant like I did then maybe we can discuss him a little bit to build some mutual trust?
Old 12-13-2007, 05:18 PM   #385
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
What I know is this: I was invaded by another magic. I lost a power I originally had and got a substitute (and weaker) power in return. That's about all I want to say about it at this point.

That is helpful. Cronin, can you confirm that the same thing happened to you?
Old 12-13-2007, 05:19 PM   #386
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Did you use an Ethereal Servant to do the spying or did you have another means of doing so? If you had a servant like I did then maybe we can discuss him a little bit to build some mutual trust?

hopefuly somoen can! you have a couple peple you trust (sundveli, ?) and if someone could clear hopps then we would have a COT!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 05:23 PM   #387
path12
Coordinator

I also will say that I tried to scan hoops last night, but apparently the attack on me caused that to fail, for I got no reading.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:29 PM   #388
saldana
Pro Starter

why do i bother to post.

people complain and consider it suspicious when i dont post, but then when i do, everone ignores it
Old 12-13-2007, 05:32 PM   #389
hoopsguy
General Manager

Interesting, I know someone performed a ritual on me last night. I had assumed it was Swaggs.

Saldana, I've been discounting Swaggs a little bit because I thought he was the one who performed a ritual on me. Do you think that the vote last night is a better area of exploration than anything coming out of today? Also, were you arguing last night for me not to vote for SnDvls or not to have a tie? Because at the end when I moved my vote it wasn't tied. So I'm interested in understanding exactly what position had you so frustrated with me at the end of last night.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:34 PM   #390
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
why do i bother to post.

people complain and consider it suspicious when i dont post, but then when i do, everone ignores it

calm down honey.

I was just about to ask you if you think Swaggs was trying to protect someone and if so who?
Old 12-13-2007, 05:37 PM   #391
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post

Vote Saldana

Quote:
I think ypu should at least give him a chance to check in.

Quote:
[/b]

did you miss something?

back at you
Old 12-13-2007, 05:41 PM   #392
SnDvls
Pro Starter

unvote Saldana

in light of his showing up
Old 12-13-2007, 05:42 PM   #393
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

I can honestly say that I don't know what an Ethereal Spirit is, so I guess. My abilities are based upon what the daily sign is (i.e. Yak, Squid, etc.). Yesterday was Squid, which allowed me to see everything a person did at night.

If that makes you trust me, awesome (if you're good). If not, oh well. I don't know what else to say.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:43 PM   #394
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Interesting, I know someone performed a ritual on me last night. I had assumed it was Swaggs.

Saldana, I've been discounting Swaggs a little bit because I thought he was the one who performed a ritual on me. Do you think that the vote last night is a better area of exploration than anything coming out of today? Also, were you arguing last night for me not to vote for SnDvls or not to have a tie? Because at the end when I moved my vote it wasn't tied. So I'm interested in understanding exactly what position had you so frustrated with me at the end of last night.

i am very suspicious of swaggs...i want to know why he didnt make a vote that helped at all...his vote was needed, it was past the time to be introducing new people or making throwaways.

as far as other things today, i cant imagine that you and sndvls would align yourselves together in such an exposed way this early in the game...neither of you will get my vote today.

as far as yesterday, i said a number of times i didnt like either candidate...the reason i was on you about your vote was because you were basing it on something that i knew was flawed (the 2/2 theory). i didnt really want to release my power information, so the fact that you kept pushing that as your reasoning, i was a bit ticked off that i gave you what you wanted and you almost left your vote up.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:47 PM   #395
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I like the swaggs vote

I won't be voting hoops and I think Lathum is just very confused
Old 12-13-2007, 05:55 PM   #396
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
calm down honey.

I was just about to ask you if you think Swaggs was trying to protect someone and if so who?

it doesnt look like it since sndvls is more or less in the clear

i think he was just trying to hide.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:03 PM   #397
saldana
Pro Starter

sorry about the triplicate posts...board is acting up
Old 12-13-2007, 06:07 PM   #398
SnDvls
Pro Starter

vote Swaggs

have to take the little one to dance class, hopefully I'll be back before deadline.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:38 PM   #399
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes as of Post #400. Will post more when my kid has crashed for the night.

Hoops - Lathum (354), Schmidty (378)
Swaggs - Saldana (382), SnDvls (400)
Cronin - Barkeep (270)
Lathum - JEHeinz (333)
Old 12-13-2007, 06:44 PM   #400
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

i gotta vote somewhere and heinz is way smarter than me so

vote lathum

GIT R DUN!!!