Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #51
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I actually for some reason thought next week was the finale as well, weird. It was due to that that I thought a lot of the stuff was the easy way out and after realizing there was two more decided Opie's storyline was not finished yet.

Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:23 AM   #52
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I don't see Opie's storyline getting finished this season, not with the events of the most recent episode. Zobel will be the target of the Sons' undivided attentions for the remainder of this season, methinks.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:44 PM   #53
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Wow, one of the best season finales I have ever witnessed. Talk about setting the table for not just next season but the rest of the series. Very Shield like.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:20 AM   #54
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Other than the fact they're going after the daughters/kids of their opponents, have theirs protected in a locked-down compound from at least 3 violent gangs (Mayans, Aryans, Irish) that are all currently in Charming, and yet send Gemma and the doctor and the baby out to get supplies with only one person to protect them, agreed.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:30 AM   #55
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Other than the fact they're going after the daughters/kids of their opponents, have theirs protected in a locked-down compound from at least 3 violent gangs (Mayans, Aryans, Irish) that are all currently in Charming, and yet send Gemma and the doctor and the baby out to get supplies with only one person to protect them, agreed.

read the interview with the head writer/creater. he said that their thinking was that after the events of last episode the whole "lockdown" thing was meant to be lifted, but i guess they had to cut that scene (i think he said that...iirc, or else it just wasn't explained)
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:03 AM   #56
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I don't think they are targetting the kids of their enemies. Gemma and Zoebel's daughter had a more intimate bond than that. About the supply run. Yeah. When I heard that they'd sent out a prospect to watch them, I figured he was likely wearing a red shirt under his leathers. Which was sad, cause I kinda liked the comic relief associated with him. The kidnapping was quite a turn of events, and I'm still not sure why they went home...rather than the clubhouse. So there are some pretty big holes in how they got to Abel's kidnapping.

On the bright side. I'm sure I'll have forgotten this by next season.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:14 AM   #57
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
I don't think they are targeting the kids of their enemies. Gemma and Zoebel's daughter had a more intimate bond than that.
I don't think they were "targeting" in the sense they were trying to kill them but the club had already gone to Zoebel's cigar shop and held his daughter at gunpoint last episode and clearly shown they could get to Henry Rollins kids as necessary.

If DT's report of a missing scene is true it makes more sense, although I'm pretty sure they'd been sending the prospect to watch the old ladies and the old ladies had been making runs with minimal protection even during lockdown.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:25 AM   #58
timmynausea
College Starter

The show does have lots of little holes like that, but I've learned to forgive and forget for the most part.

Two things I thought may happen that didn't:

1. For several weeks after the fire, they never explained (unless I completely missed it) whether Darby or the guy with cut off fingers died in the fire. Obviously the latter made his reappearance. I thought maybe Darby would come back in the finale and help the SoA take out Zobelle.

2. I really thought the Irish guy would kill Tara. After the hospital incident and Gemma fully accepting her into the family, it seemed like her story arc was complete, and it was time for her to go. Once I was bracing for that, it made the Half Sack death feel a little underwhelming.

Still a good finale and a good show. I guess I'm still waiting for one of these shows to kill off main characters and reinvent itself every year as brazenly as Oz did.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:47 AM   #59
MrBug708
Head Coach

Has it even been picked up for season 3?

Incredible finish to this season though. Jax and Clay don't know about Gemma yet but Gemma doesn't know about Abel either
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:57 AM   #60
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Has it even been picked up for season 3?

Was picked up Wednesday morning, right after the show posted its highest rating ever, was the #1 show on cable for the night, and was the most watched show in America for M18-34 and M18-49

Sons of Anarchy Renewed for Third Season
Old 12-04-2009, 08:26 AM   #61
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

the picking-up was a formality by all accounts, fX just needed to get their finances lined up to pay for the bumps in pay the actors will get
Old 12-04-2009, 09:55 AM   #62
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Yeah. Good to see Sutter signed a two year deal also, basically making it a two year pickup unless the ratings somehow just tanked.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:27 PM   #63
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

BUMPITY

New season starts tomorrow at 10pm on FX
Old 09-07-2010, 04:22 PM   #64
DataKing
Pro Rookie

W00T!!!
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 09-07-2010, 04:31 PM   #65
MrBug708
Head Coach

Pumped!
Old 09-07-2010, 10:09 PM   #66
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

HOLY SHIT!!

Now that's a season premiere!!!

I guess we presume that was the Irishman's second bit of retaliation hmm?

Fucking crazy!!!
Old 09-07-2010, 10:16 PM   #67
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Oh baby...
Old 09-07-2010, 10:20 PM   #68
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Oh baby...

Seriously!! I thought it was fairly pedestrian up until that last like...2 minutes. That totally blew shit up. Wow.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:30 PM   #69
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Seriously!! I thought it was fairly pedestrian up until that last like...2 minutes. That totally blew shit up. Wow.

Same here...pretty ho hum until the end then...dayummmm!
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 09-07-2010, 11:46 PM   #70
MrBug708
Head Coach

It could have been Zobel, he got away and it seemed pretty amateurish.

I'm guessing the Irishman made it back to Ireland?
Old 09-07-2010, 11:54 PM   #71
MrBug708
Head Coach

Dola

Last season had Gemma's rape at the end of the first episode so I kinda expected something amazing
Old 09-08-2010, 12:03 AM   #72
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It could have been Zobel, he got away and it seemed pretty amateurish.

I'm guessing the Irishman made it back to Ireland?

Nah - it looked to me like the Irishman was still there in the U.S. from the snippet we got of him. Couldn't say for sure though.

Coulda been Zobel I suppose.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:06 AM   #73
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I felt Jax's girl, Tara, had a very strong episode. Hopefully she is this good all season long.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:10 AM   #74
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Nah - it looked to me like the Irishman was still there in the U.S. from the snippet we got of him. Couldn't say for sure though.

Coulda been Zobel I suppose.

When they scanned over the manhole cover on the ground, it said Belfast, which led me to think they made it to Ireland.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:15 AM   #75
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
When they scanned over the manhole cover on the ground, it said Belfast, which led me to think they made it to Ireland.

Oh wow. I wasn't paying that much attention in that scene - probably was puttering around on the interwebs.

Good catch. Ireland it is for the Irishman.

Which leads me to agree with you that the retaliation was Zobel.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:14 PM   #76
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Were we supposed to make out who the shooter was (Irish or Aryan) when Jacks beat the shit out of him or was that just to show how he has become a monster?

Great episode. Loved the end, liked the Ireland angle especially if that means the bikers may end up there for a needed change of scenery, and even think the police chief's brother might be a decent thorn in the side of the gang. The funeral was silly though... a bunch of ex-marines would respect that a special forces guy got killed as a biker gang's lackey? OK.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:14 PM   #77
MrBug708
Head Coach

I think you vastly underestimate the importance of brotherhood
Old 09-11-2010, 12:02 AM   #78
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
a bunch of ex-marines would respect that a special forces guy got killed as a biker gang's lackey? OK.

Motrocycle gangs and the armed forces have a connection that goes back a long ways. Lots of the bigger clubs were started by dudes coming back from wars, feeling disenfranchised and out of place, missing the feeling of a 'troop', and perhaps looking for a little more action/violence than 'normal' life. The Hells Angels were possibly named after a military unit, the Bandidos were founded by a marine and uses the marines colors, and the Mongols were founded by hispanic Vietnam vets.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:32 AM   #79
MrBug708
Head Coach

Show has been money so far, let's hope that DISH doesnt kill it off
Old 10-08-2010, 09:44 AM   #80
BishopMVP
Coordinator

SoA picked up for a 4th season.

Interesting commentary from Sutter on his blog - talking about the slow development this season he mentions having a 7 year plan for the show, and that events this season are integral in it. That being said, I do wish they toned down the Irish accents some - I find myself rewinding more than once an episode.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:48 AM   #81
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
SoA picked up for a 4th season.

Interesting commentary from Sutter on his blog - talking about the slow development this season he mentions having a 7 year plan for the show, and that events this season are integral in it. That being said, I do wish they toned down the Irish accents some - I find myself rewinding more than once an episode.

Yeah I saw that. Sutter is really arching this in a Shield esque manner. We're going to get closure with Zebel in a later season, much like with Antwan Mitchell, and we'll also get the closure between Jax/Clay like we did Vic/Shane in the final season.

Add in Ope as the sympathetic Lem figure and we have some comparisons going on.

I am eager to see how this year plays out. I sense Tera gets the murder rap since they were clear in the dialogue not to name her when Jax says he just wants his mom and the club protected.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:55 AM   #82
MrBug708
Head Coach

That was amazing. Great ending with Opie especially
Old 12-01-2010, 11:34 PM   #83
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I missed the first half of the episode when they moved the time slot. Had to love the end, and Opie had to be the one. I'm not sure what to think about the sheriff now, not really a way to recover for him. I'm going to have to see the beginning.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:10 AM   #84
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

staying out of this thread until i get home next tuesday and get a chance to watch it.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:12 AM   #85
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Eh - I wasn't as much a fan of the episode. Seemed like taking the easy way out by having the whole setup of O'Fallon and handing him over to the ATF being a club-wide thing instead of Jax's thing. Although I think the whole Jax/Clay thing will start to boil over harder next season for sure, based on the stuff at the very end.

Intense though.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #86
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Awesome

Quote:
Exclusive: Sons Of Anarchy Recruits Pulp Film Badass Danny Trejo

Oh, this is a marriage made in a dark, gritty little corner of heaven, folks.

TVLine has learned exclusively that FXs Sons Of Anarchy has booked film vet Danny Trejo ; whose myriad credits include, to name but a few, Machete, From Dusk Till Dawn and The Devils Rejects ; for a multi-episode Season 4 arc.

Trejo will play Romero ;Romeo; Parada, a charismatic and (duh) dangerous former commando for the Mexican military who becomes a new associate of the SONS.

Last edited by DeToxRox : 05-11-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:54 PM   #87
BishopMVP
Coordinator

FuckYeahSoA
Old 05-12-2011, 01:28 PM   #88
StrangeWay
n00b

I love this show! I like that they use so many of the actors from Deadwood in it and it just kicks ass every week.
StrangeWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:13 PM   #89
DeToxRox
Head Coach

The former "Baywatch" star will have a guest-starring turn on the upcoming season of the hit biker series "Sons of Anarchy," a representative for the actor confirms to TheWrap. The Hoff's role? He'll be playing Dondo, a former XXX actor who's segued into producing skin flicks.

Hasselhoff, who vacated his judge's chair on "America's Got Talent" early last year, has been keeping busy of late with a reprisal of his role as Dr. William "Snapper" Foster on "The Young and the Restless."

There's also the star-studded, sure-to-be-epic horror film "Piranha 3DD," which is slated for release on November 23 and will see Hasselhoff share the screen with such talents as Gary Busey, Christopher Lloyd and Katrina Bowden.

Which is to say nothing of his appearing in the occasional iced-treat promotional video.

The bad news? An FX spokesperson told TheWrap that, for the time being, Hasselhoff's guest-starring turn is just a one-episode deal. Fingers crossed, people...

News of Hasselhoff's "Sons of Anarchy" stint was first reported by TV Guide.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #90
StrangeWay
n00b

Saw a preview last night, show returns in September. I cannot wait!
StrangeWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:20 PM   #91
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Finally getting caught up with this and now waiting for season 3 to hit DVD this week.

I haven't read any of the posts above, but generally speaking, how does Season 3 compare to 1 and 2?

Last edited by Carman Bulldog : 08-26-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:26 PM   #92
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
Finally getting caught up with this and now waiting for season 3 to hit DVD this week.

I haven't read any of the posts above, but generally speaking, how does Season 3 compare to 1 and 2?

Weakest of the 3. Still was good but Sutter just got way too ambitious.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:52 PM   #93
Recoil
High School Varsity

Hour and a half episode tonight to start S4. Can't wait.
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:10 AM   #94
Logan
Head Coach

So I ended up catching up on Seasons 1 & 2 through Netflix earlier this summer (flew through it in about 2 weeks) and since the S3 DVDs weren't on sale until fairly recently, caught those episodes as FX reaired them late Wednesday nights. Finished S3 last week just in time to watch S4 with the rest of you.

Off to a great start last night.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:51 AM   #95
Logan
Head Coach

I can't believe it took me reading Detox's fucking Facebook post to realize why that one agent looked so familiar: Ronnie!
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:08 AM   #96
BYU 14
Coordinator

Managed to squeeze quite a few interesting storylines into the first episode, looking forward to a strong season, especially how things work out for Jax when the time comes.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:37 PM   #97
MrBug708
Head Coach

That might be in my top five favorite episodes in terms of jaw dropping storyline.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:46 PM   #98
MrBug708
Head Coach

Terrible
Old 10-18-2011, 11:36 PM   #99
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Terrible

Almost positive he didn't die. You can distinctly hear a limb break.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:56 PM   #100
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

No love for
Spoiler