Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #201
bhlloy
Coordinator

Spoiler

Last edited by bhlloy : 11-09-2012 at 09:25 PM.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #202
chadritt
High School Varsity

Im a little confused, is there anyone in the gang who DOESNT know Clay deserves to die? Why are they so hung up on proof considering how many things they know hes done against the club through the years?
chadritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #203
MrBug708
Head Coach

Killing a member of the Sons?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:09 PM   #204
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I don't read any of the fan boards but surely other people complain about the self indulgent idiocy that is any scene featuring Otto.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:11 PM   #205
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I don't read any of the fan boards but surely other people complain about the self indulgent idiocy that is any scene featuring Otto.

Seriously. That was so blatantly obvious that he was going to kill someone with the crucifix from the second he mentioned it too.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:59 AM   #206
bhlloy
Coordinator

So Tara is smart enough to be this hugely respected doctor who is wanted by some of the best hospitals in America but she's stupid enough to leave Otto alone with a weapon because he told her he has a sad. Riiight.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:07 AM   #207
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
So Tara is smart enough to be this hugely respected doctor who is wanted by some of the best hospitals in America but she's stupid enough to leave Otto alone with a weapon because he told her he has a sad. Riiight.

Almost as crazy as masturbating to him
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:01 AM   #208
stevew
Hall Of Famer

way too much shit going on, and the fact that they've run 3(or 4?) consecutive 90 minute episodes is just silly.

This shit needs an editor so fucking bad...love the turn of the smits character though. Figuring he bites it next week, along with Tig.

If they even pull some typical bait and switch and then kill Pope type stuff...well, they probably will since it's SoA and it's obsessed with massive logic gaps and cheese.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:27 AM   #209
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
If they even pull some typical bait and switch and then kill Pope type stuff...well, they probably will since it's SoA and it's obsessed with massive logic gaps and cheese.

This was the exact thought I had when I saw the preview for the finale. Agreed, they are cramming way too much into this season. With at least 2 more seasons already signed for the could have focused this season on the Clay / Jax thing, kept Opie alive and had cameos by Pope with Tigs daughter getting killed in one of the final two episodes, then made Pope a focus next season.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:27 AM   #210
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah it appears that Clay will have his own faction with Tig and possibly Juice and Bobby next season. I was pretty sure they wouldn't kill off the show's biggest name (at least when it first started) but who knows?

In the "I know it's TV but it's still absurd" quote of the week. Tara mentioning to her supervisor about Jax having life insurance. How quickly would an insurance agent get shitcanned if he underwrote a life insurance policy for a multiple ex-con leader of a biker gang who is routinely held hostage by the IRA and rival drug gangs and shot at and driven off the road almost daily? What is the monthly premium on that one?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #211
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Well, that was all way too convenient. Can we just kill Otto already(and maybe take Sutter with him).
Old 12-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #212
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, that was all way too convenient. Can we just kill Otto already(and maybe take Sutter with him).

At least he can't talk now
Old 12-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #213
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:

Hated that, and the Jax plan to get Pope, well, that wasn't really a plan. I expected something more then hide a gun in your bike and start shooting everyone before they figure out where the bullets are coming from.

You hit the nail on the head. Convenient. Very enjoyable season again, but what is now a pattern, the finale's seem to suck.
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #214
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I did think for a second that they might actually kill Tig. But yeah...all way to incredibly convenient.

Blah.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #215
MrBug708
Head Coach

Finally caught up. Bobby was a terrible character this season. Is there a single shred of club business that jax didn't wrap up? Obviously I'm considering tara's problems more of a 'personal' thing, but even then Bobby stepped down before he knew Tara was arrested. Bobby's odd conflicts with morality seem to conflict with the line of business he's in. for cutting ties with the irish, the cartel, and getting their pope problem taken care of, remarkably few people died. jax gave up clay? boo freaking hoo.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:56 PM   #216
stevew
Hall Of Famer

How many people did Jax kill this year? Had to be >10.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #217
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Finally caught up. Bobby was a terrible character this season. Is there a single shred of club business that jax didn't wrap up? Obviously I'm considering tara's problems more of a 'personal' thing, but even then Bobby stepped down before he knew Tara was arrested. Bobby's odd conflicts with morality seem to conflict with the line of business he's in. for cutting ties with the irish, the cartel, and getting their pope problem taken care of, remarkably few people died. jax gave up clay? boo freaking hoo.

Pretty solid synopsis. Everything with Bobby seemed like it was done without considering what was going on in the rest of the episodes.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:40 AM   #218
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I hadn't seen a single episode of SoA before about a month ago. Goes back to my irrational fear of Ron Perlman. I simply can't watch anything he is in. I have this fear that I will wake up with him hovering over me in my bed if I watch one of his shows. His features are simply not natural.

So I proceeded to get caught up via marathon sessions on Netflix for seasons 1-4 and downloading Season 5 via Pirate Bay. This is a great show. Sure, there are times you have to suspend reality, but that is a price you have to pay for hourly dramas.

For season 6, who is it that ratted on Tara? Gemma, Clay, or the new wildcard of the forcibly retired US Marshall?
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #219
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I hadn't seen a single episode of SoA before about a month ago. Goes back to my irrational fear of Ron Perlman. I simply can't watch anything he is in. I have this fear that I will wake up with him hovering over me in my bed if I watch one of his shows. His features are simply not natural.

So I proceeded to get caught up via marathon sessions on Netflix for seasons 1-4 and downloading Season 5 via Pirate Bay. This is a great show. Sure, there are times you have to suspend reality, but that is a price you have to pay for hourly dramas.

For season 6, who is it that ratted on Tara? Gemma, Clay, or the new wildcard of the forcibly retired US Marshall?

Yes this definitely is a great show and much like Another great FX show The Shield it helps a lot to just enjoy and not go too deep into the murder rate of Charming etc...

My guess we are supposed to believe it was Gemma or Clay but ultimately it will be a weak payoff of the Grounded for Life guy.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:10 AM   #220
MrBug708
Head Coach

Well...Kurt Sutter knows how to shock everyone
Old 09-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #221
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

We got the answer to that last night.

No shocker that Clay folds before Tara.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:45 AM   #222
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

-The Persians bit was just gratuitous
-Guess we're seeing real early how they'll get to the US Marshall guy
-Didn't take Clay long to fold
-Not sure I "buy" Tara's actions at the end of the episode. For someone so concerned with her kids it seems out of place
-The Madam isn't hard on the eyes - nor was that girl in pink in her house
-Was trying to put things together with the kid all episode long. Had read something about the shocking part, but for some reason it didn't connect with me until it happened

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 09-11-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #223
Logan
Head Coach

Kim Dickens (the new Madam) looked awesome.

Everything else was typical Sons crap.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #224
BYU 14
Coordinator

Yeah that Kid thing was bugging me the entire show, not quite sure where they go with it now, unless I am really missing something.

Was wondering where I had seen Kim Dickens before, then it hit me today....Deadwood!

Last edited by BYU 14 : 09-11-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #225
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Yeah that Kid thing was bugging me the entire show, not quite sure where they go with it now, unless I am really missing something.

My first thought was that the kid was going to be like the girl from the first seasons that randomly appeared at different times and freaked out Gemma.

My guess is that the gun used somehow gets traced back to SAMCRO. Plus the kid's mom was tied to Dave Navarro, who is in Jimmy Smit's crew.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #226
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
My first thought was that the kid was going to be like the girl from the first seasons that randomly appeared at different times and freaked out Gemma.

My guess is that the gun used somehow gets traced back to SAMCRO. Plus the kid's mom was tied to Dave Navarro, who is in Jimmy Smit's crew.

In the "previously on", I'm pretty sure they showed Jax handing that very gun to Dave Navarro's character last season.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #227
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
In the "previously on", I'm pretty sure they showed Jax handing that very gun to Dave Navarro's character last season.

Yeah they did
Old 09-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #228
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Kim Dickens (the new Madam) looked awesome.

Everything else was typical Sons crap.

I need to see more of her to be sure .
Old 09-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #229
Logan
Head Coach

In addition to Deadwood, she was in Treme, Lost, The Blind Side, Thank You For Smoking, and Friday Night Lights.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #230
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Yeah they did

Totally missed that, now makes sense. Could make a nice poetic justice angle for framing Clay if it wraps back around.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #231
chadritt
High School Varsity

They also said exactly how it comes up again in the "next on".
Spoiler
Old 09-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #232
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadritt View Post
They also said exactly how it comes up again in the "next on".
Spoiler

The spoiler text below is a Sepinwall quote from his recent review about the above spoiler, and discusses the general theme over the next couple episodes, not anything extremely specific.

Spoiler
Old 09-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #233
chadritt
High School Varsity

Sounds about right. I like the show well enough but I watched last night and instantly went "they're not going to handle this well".
Old 09-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #234
cartman
Death Herald

The retired fed slipped up again.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:10 PM   #235
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Ummm...HOLY SHIT
Old 10-23-2013, 12:45 AM   #236
MrBug708
Head Coach

Hooked on this season...pretty crazy
Old 10-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #237
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Hooked on this season...pretty crazy

I'd missed the past few episodes, so I got caught up last night before watching the latest one. Yep, this has been an entertaining season so far.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #238
cartman
Death Herald

Finally saw this week's episode. I bet Tig and the tranny get their own spin-off show after SoA's run is done.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #239
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Finally saw this week's episode. I bet Tig and the tranny get their own spin-off show after SoA's run is done.

Love Tigs subtle interactions with heshe. His facial expression was priceless when he first saw her.

Coggin's is just a helluva an actor.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:13 PM   #240
BYU 14
Coordinator

And this season has started off really strong, I hope they can maintain this pace, every episode has been top notch.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #241
cartman
Death Herald

Wow, didn't expect Gemma to lay it all out there like that.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #242
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wow, didn't expect Gemma to lay it all out there like that.

Jeezus. And now Nero can tell Jax, because you know at some point in this series we have to get the payoff of THAT confrontation.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #243
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

So the homeless woman is the lady who supposedly died in the accident where JT died. Interesting.

I have a theory based on that.

Spoiler

I hope I'm wrong about the final ending of things, but I think I'm right about the first sentence in my spoiler. It makes sense.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:01 PM   #244
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Nothing yet?

I'm disappointed in you guys.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:24 PM   #245
cartman
Death Herald

Had to catch up from missing last week's episode, just got done watching this week's.

All I can say is WOW, they packed a lot into this episode

MAJOR SPOILER:
Spoiler

Last edited by cartman : 11-19-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:02 PM   #246
BYU 14
Coordinator

Just watched this weeks episode, wow!! The final two could be pretty crazy, hopefully they live up to the build up.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:42 AM   #247
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

So what are your thoughts on Tara? It seems like she might actually understand some of the actions of the club and obviously with another season next year (unless its going to be from a prison again) she probably won't end up ratting on the club. Will it be because of a change of heart or will she be intimidated/killed? I am thinking change of heart.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:46 AM   #248
Logan
Head Coach

Change of heart, because this show loves spinning its wheels.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:56 AM   #249
MrBug708
Head Coach

Based on previews, the Mayans are back so there will be that element back involved too
Old 11-21-2013, 08:04 AM   #250
BYU 14
Coordinator

I think change of heart as well, or they get leverage on the DA. Trying to figure out how the Mayan's will play into everything though.