Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-07-2009, 02:01 PM   #451
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
That's true Pass, but its day 1 and so far no one has come forth with an in-game reason to vote for anybody I think, and Jack Bauer has suggested we vote for ntn amongst others, so hence my vote. Is there another person you think we should be voting for at this point?

I am sure he will agree, but let me say Jack Bauer did not know anything about who I am or what my allegiances might be. The only thing he said about me is Iam quiet. That is the SOLE reason any of you are voting for me.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:04 PM   #452
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I will grant you that but neither should the nonsensical goofing around that happened prior to the game actually starting count either.

Are you saying in regards to my posts? Take those two out..I still have been very active.
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:04 PM   #453
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

edit: take those three out.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #454
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I am sure he will agree, but let me say Jack Bauer did not know anything about who I am or what my allegiances might be. The only thing he said about me is Iam quiet. That is the SOLE reason any of you are voting for me.

I believe he didnt say to vote for you but to not vote for Jackal...that was my take at least.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:08 PM   #455
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm back and fixed, I think.

I'm wary of the bandwagon on ntn myself. I will be voting for Purduebrad right now simply because he's the other main candidate (other than Jackal). I hope to be around to switch if something better comes along.

VOTE PURDUEBRAD
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #456
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

quite honestly ntn is there a reason to vote anybody else at this point? Give me an in-game reason to vote someone else and I will consider it. I have nothing against you, we just have to vote for somebody at this point.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:10 PM   #457
Thomkal
Head Coach

yay Autumn, glad you got it fixed!
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:11 PM   #458
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

ntn, my hunch is The Jackal sent DT a PM telling him what his role was. Is there a reason that you feel uncomfortable doing the same thing at this point?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:17 PM   #459
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

this is starting to look a lot like a run...i can always get back into it later, but i don't want any shenanigans to push things over the top

UNVOTE NTNDEACON
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:17 PM   #460
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
I believe he didnt say to vote for you but to not vote for Jackal...that was my take at least.

+1
Old 07-07-2009, 02:17 PM   #461
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
ntn, my hunch is The Jackal sent DT a PM telling him what his role was. Is there a reason that you feel uncomfortable doing the same thing at this point?

What makes you think I haven't? As soon as I got back from class I did do that very thing.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:19 PM   #462
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What makes you think I haven't? As soon as I got back from class I did do that very thing.

confirmed
Old 07-07-2009, 02:20 PM   #463
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i believe that in with the people who have sent me roles so far there are doubtless wolves. however i don't think all the wolves have.

therefore my thinking is: choose from those who have and risk taking out a known-quantity villager trying to hit one of the wolves who did, or

b) choose from those who haven't and try to get a wolf and if it's a villager then they will likely reveal to me

so that is what has been informing my decision-making
Old 07-07-2009, 02:21 PM   #464
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

I guess the silence from DT about it? I figured that if you had, he would have said something, or unvoted you, which he hadn't when I had posted that.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #465
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

and a +1 to the person who utilized their power on me. i will not reveal them yet, unless they are under pressure of course.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #466
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I guess the silence from DT about it? I figured that if you had, he would have said something, or unvoted you, which he hadn't when I had posted that.

my silence is primarily a result of the 20 different tasks i've been ping-ponging between today
Old 07-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #467
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Ok, based on DT's unvote of NTN, I'm going to make a decision:

Vote Purdue Brad
Old 07-07-2009, 02:25 PM   #468
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
my silence is primarily a result of the 20 different tasks i've been ping-ponging between today

No worries, I wasn't even trying to accuse him of not doing it -- I was just trying to help him out in case he hadn't.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #469
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
Are you saying in regards to my posts? Take those two out..I still have been very active.

I was actually referring to the large number of posts prior to the start of the game regardless of who said them. In fact, I thought a lot of the posts in night 0 were of a similar ilk. That was the reason I did not post then. I couldn't do anything useful at the time. I am hopeful my abilities will become useful as we move along.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:30 PM   #470
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ntn has showed up now and has been active in the conversation since arriving, so I'll wait to hear more from him. Now to consider where to look instead.

Unvote ntndeacon

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:30 PM   #471
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

In terms of in game reasons, look at AlanT and Kwhit's votes for me. Especially KWhit's. Alan used the moldy chestnut that I am under the radar too often. Kwit just said it was an interesting horse race before he started to put the "race " out of reach. Therefore
Unvote Jackal
Vote KWhit
Old 07-07-2009, 02:30 PM   #472
Autumn
Head Coach

I think I've read/skimmed most of the thread but I really need to catchup on things like work, clients, etc. I'll post my thoughts when I can get back.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:31 PM   #473
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
and a +1 to the person who utilized their power on me. i will not reveal them yet, unless they are under pressure of course.
+1 what?

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:32 PM   #474
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In terms of in game reasons, look at AlanT and Kwhit's votes for me. Especially KWhit's. Alan used the moldy chestnut that I am under the radar too often. Kwit just said it was an interesting horse race before he started to put the "race " out of reach. Therefore
Unvote Jackal
Vote KWhit

Lucky for me I moved my vote just before you posted this!

My point still remains though. People who talk often, it is easy to find either holes in their story or some way to confirm what they are believing.

People who just show up, vote and nothing else, I have a very hard time figuring out. So no criticism of your play style, but it is one I always have a tough time figuring out. So if I take a roll of the dice on someone on day 1, without much else to go on, that is as good as anything else.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:32 PM   #475
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I will say at least Alan's vote had the apperance of a reason which Kwits did not. niether did the first vote of JAG this morning. But as a first vote I overlooked it for now
Old 07-07-2009, 02:35 PM   #476
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Lucky for me I moved my vote just before you posted this!

My point still remains though. People who talk often, it is easy to find either holes in their story or some way to confirm what they are believing.

People who just show up, vote and nothing else, I have a very hard time figuring out. So no criticism of your play style, but it is one I always have a tough time figuring out. So if I take a roll of the dice on someone on day 1, without much else to go on, that is as good as anything else.

It was indeed serendipitous. I wouldn't have had as much problem with your reason if it had been the first to mention it. Yes I am quieter than several here. I am rarely going to have as many posts as Danny or you for instance. There are some I do pass, even before they get voted out.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:38 PM   #477
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I actually gave my reason in a post before the voting one so I didn't feel a need to rehash it. I'm glad to see you actively engaged now. At this moment I'm keeping my vote on you, but it's not set in stone.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:39 PM   #478
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

I'll go with NTN here. Seems he is stepping up.

UNVOTE NTN DEACON
VOTE KWHIT
Old 07-07-2009, 02:40 PM   #479
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It was indeed serendipitous. I wouldn't have had as much problem with your reason if it had been the first to mention it. Yes I am quieter than several here. I am rarely going to have as many posts as Danny or you for instance. There are some I do pass, even before they get voted out.

I don't think everyone needs to be a post whore, but the village needs everyone's help providing at least some analysis, thoughts on suspicious activity that others may have missed, and so forth for reasons that Alan laid out above.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:40 PM   #480
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Yeah, I didn't figure there was a need to be the first to mention it since it is a pretty common philosophy in most every game anyways. My two options usually in the early game is to either wait until late to vote and try to go with my gut instinct based on the day 1 action, or to go with someone who is under the radar with the assumption that if I am wrong it might hurt us less than going after someone who if bad will lynch themselves with their own actions later on.

Since this game there is no fixed deadline to get a vote in before later on, and I'm simply not able to be here as much this game to get a great read on people, I chose option B.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:41 PM   #481
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

ok JAG, I must have missed it. I will go back and look for it.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:43 PM   #482
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I will say at least Alan's vote had the apperance of a reason which Kwits did not. niether did the first vote of JAG this morning. But as a first vote I overlooked it for now

For the record, I voted for you because you were almost completely silent in the game at the time (which is why I pointed out a few posts after my vote that you had only 2 posts in the thread at the time and that one of those was the sign up post). Just because I didn't say "I am voting for NTN because he hasn't said a single meaningful word in the thread as of yet" doesn't mean that I didn't have a reason.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:45 PM   #483
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

As of Post 486:

4 - The Jackal: Purdue Brad (328, 8:16 AM) saldana (343, 9:10 am), Tyrith (388, 10:40 AM), claphamsa (453, 1:55 PM)
1 - BrianD: Pass (330, 8:23 AM)
6 - ntndeacon: JAG (332, 8:31 AM) path (360, 9:42 am), The Jackal (374, 10:26 AM), KWhit (390, 10:45 AM), kingfc22 (425, 12:22 PM), Thomkal (441, 1:42 PM)
5 - PurdueBrad: EagleFan (334, 8:59 AM), Telle (411, 11:51 AM), BrianD (443, 1:43 PM), Autumn (459, 2:08 PM), ISiddiqui (471, 2:24 PM)
2 - KWhit: ntndeacon (475, 2:30 PM), nfg22 (482, 2:39 PM)

Yet to vote: Danny, Schmidty, Chief Rum, henry296, DaddyTorgo, AlanT

By %:

ntndeacon: 25%
PurdueBrad: 21%
The Jackal: 21%
KWhit: 8%
BrianD: 4%
Old 07-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #484
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

FYI everyone - this is the worst possible day for this to happen, but i am swamped at work with trying to get some stuff out the door by the time i leave. So i have a bunch of people's PM's that i want to respond to, but I'm under the gun. Be patient with me.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:49 PM   #485
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
FYI everyone - this is the worst possible day for this to happen, but i am swamped at work with trying to get some stuff out the door by the time i leave. So i have a bunch of people's PM's that i want to respond to, but I'm under the gun. Be patient with me.

do you still have the 4 limit we all do?

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:50 PM   #486
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
For the record, I voted for you because you were almost completely silent in the game at the time (which is why I pointed out a few posts after my vote that you had only 2 posts in the thread at the time and that one of those was the sign up post). Just because I didn't say "I am voting for NTN because he hasn't said a single meaningful word in the thread as of yet" doesn't mean that I didn't have a reason.

True, however it also happens to be with a surge making it less of a two horse race and into a avalanche of support for my exit form the game. That raises my suspicions. I imagine (if I survive) that I will have a stronger view on someone tomorrow. At least in terms of a day one vote, that gives a stronger reason to vote than they havent said anything thus far.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:51 PM   #487
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
ok JAG, I must have missed it. I will go back and look for it.

End of post 319 or 320 (I forget now). It was basically the same reason as everyone else, you hadn't said anything other than to check in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
My vote will almost assuredly go to someone who is not contributing much.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:54 PM   #488
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
True, however it also happens to be with a surge making it less of a two horse race and into a avalanche of support for my exit form the game. That raises my suspicions. I imagine (if I survive) that I will have a stronger view on someone tomorrow. At least in terms of a day one vote, that gives a stronger reason to vote than they havent said anything thus far.

No. At the time I made my vote, it was only a one vote advantage for the jackal (I made it 2 - still anything but a runaway this early in the 24 time period). So I wanted to keep it at a 2 horse race and picked the person who hadn't really posted in the thread. That's all.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:54 PM   #489
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

That was my main reason, and I may have been first IIRC.

Is there anyone who hasn't checked in yet? I don't have time to go back and check.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #490
Danny
Head Coach

Not too much to go on here. Right now I am leaning towards a Kwhit or PB vote.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #491
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
That was my main reason, and I may have been first IIRC.

Is there anyone who hasn't checked in yet? I don't have time to go back and check.

The lowest post counts now from people in the game are:

henry296 - 3
Chief Rum - 4
Old 07-07-2009, 03:03 PM   #492
path12
Coordinator

UNVOTE NTNDEACON

Let's see how the next couple hours develop.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #493
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
do you still have the 4 limit we all do?

some of you may receive PM's in response - all of you certainly will not. That's as much as I'm willing to say - I don't want to let too much about powers slip out there.

I'm having to respond to the PM's where I feel it can make the most impact.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #494
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

If I were to change my vote, I would rather go with BrianD than KWhit. Reasoning being that a. DT said he didn't have a read on him in post 401 and b. He was the first to put someone (The Jackal) at 3 votes breaking a 4-way tie of 2 votes.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #495
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
The lowest post counts now from people in the game are:

henry296 - 3
Chief Rum - 4

FWIW I do not have any idea what either of them are.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:10 PM   #496
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Im down for anyone...i just need a reason...my votes are never set in stone.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:22 PM   #497
saldana
Pro Starter

well with what is going on, i need to change, but i hate runaways at the beginning..too many places to hide.

unvote the jackal
vote purduebrad
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:22 PM   #498
Tyrith
College Starter

Frankly, I'm pretty confused about what we're trying to accomplish here. I'll vote for whoever - I've got nothing - but doesn't it generally behoove us to stick to the same guys and make the wolves actually pick a side, instead of squirming around? The movement gives a lot of cover to setting up a lynch they want, I think.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:26 PM   #499
Tyrith
College Starter

Now PB has 6 votes, ntn has 5, and Jackal has 3. But we only have one candidate with any momentum - PB. This needs to not turn into a runaway.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:27 PM   #500
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

you're right Tyrith - runaway's tell us nothing. close votes often tell us nothing if we have 2 villagers, but at least have the potential to tell us something.