Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Isn't that picture from China?

VOTE THE JACKAL

Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:42 PM   #52
The Jackal
Coordinator

I think I'm bound for an early death now.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:07 AM   #53
Autumn
Head Coach

Gotham Gazette

BALLET PERFORMANCES CANCELED, TICKETS REFUNDED BY WAYNE ENTERPRISES
Old 05-26-2011, 08:10 AM   #54
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I think I'm bound for an early death now.

Not if I have anything to say about it. I will strike fear into those who oppose justice and as long as you are on the side of good, you can sleep sound at night. (I'm going to RP Batman throughout the game whether I get the role or not).

Last edited by Danny : 05-26-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:53 AM   #55
The Jackal
Coordinator

I think you should start every post with (deep voice)
Old 05-26-2011, 09:07 AM   #56
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

We need someone else to join to at least make it 20. This is like Arsenal - massive surge at the start only to peter out afterwards.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:23 AM   #57
Autumn
Head Coach

We have enough to run it, but it certainly would be great to have a few more. I'm thinking I'll probably send out roles sometime Tuesday for a Wednesday day one, try to give people time to remember it after their holiday.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:24 AM   #58
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
We need someone else to join to at least make it 20. This is like Arsenal - massive surge at the start only to peter out afterwards.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:28 PM   #59
dzilla77
High School Varsity

I'll make it an even 20.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:12 PM   #60
Autumn
Head Coach

That's what I'm talking about. Nice to have you dzilla.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:08 AM   #61
Danny
Head Coach

any relation to dwardzala?
Old 05-27-2011, 06:38 AM   #62
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post

Yeah, that ID is way to close to something that could be identified.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:46 AM   #63
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post

I was thinking the same thing when I first saw it.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:48 AM   #64
Danny
Head Coach

Ah ok, but now we have to vote for zilla instead of zala
Old 05-27-2011, 01:33 PM   #65
Autumn
Head Coach

WAYNE ENTERPRISES ANNOUNCES INNOVATION EXPO

Old 05-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #66
Thomkal
Head Coach

This Bruce Wayne guy is no Donald Trump I hope.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #67
Autumn
Head Coach

Criminals don't take the holidays off, and neither does the Gotham Times!

Old 05-30-2011, 10:45 AM   #68
Autumn
Head Coach

Old 05-30-2011, 09:58 PM   #69
Autumn
Head Coach

I added one role to the Mob. Role details are being finalized, and at some point, probably during the day tomorrow, I will close sign-ups and send out roles. More players are welcome until that point.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:08 AM   #70
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Muh! I'm stupidly hyped about this but holidays and my birthday and stuff means I'm not going to be able to participate much until next Tuesday, if I make it that far. Stupid America with its stupid holidays - whatever it was! :shaky fist smily:
Old 05-31-2011, 07:49 AM   #71
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm also worried about participation, as I know I'll have issues getting online Wednesday and Friday. But I decided to try and play it out anyway, knowing that you needed a big number to have the game you wanted to run.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:38 AM   #72
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, FWIW, early on we usually have plenty of talk with a big game, so better to be busy at the beginning than later on.

I'll send out roles early afternoon, with first deadline tomorrow (Wednesday) night.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:38 AM   #73
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
Muh! I'm stupidly hyped about this but holidays and my birthday and stuff means I'm not going to be able to participate much until next Tuesday, if I make it that far. Stupid America with its stupid holidays - whatever it was! :shaky fist smily:

Which American holiday is affecting you? Memorial Day was yesterday.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:43 AM   #74
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

sure why not if you are still taking people.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:45 AM   #75
Autumn
Head Coach

You're in!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:50 AM   #76
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm also worried about participation, as I know I'll have issues getting online Wednesday and Friday

Vote Hoopsguy

+1 to my "not being UTR meter"

Win/win

And Chubby? I've just been looking back at old games and who should turn up but the famous day killer of Blade. Oh and who said they weren't going to day one vote mckerney because he was new? He was playing before I was.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:52 AM   #77
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I love playing WW but usually don't due to time constraints, fortunately i'm off of work today and tomorrow cause of the holiday so that helps
Old 05-31-2011, 11:59 AM   #78
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Awesome, love that Chubby's playing. Glad to see you back. You were old school when I was a newbie to the WW forum, IIRC.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:12 PM   #79
Autumn
Head Coach

All right, signups are closed. Roles will be determined. I will post again in here when it is okay to start posting.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:52 PM   #80
Autumn
Head Coach

Roles have been sent. If you did not receive a PM, please let me know.

The standard villager PM is:

Quote:
You are a citizen of Gotham.

Please note, since it's unusual, that those with the roles of Mayor, Judge, Commissioner, or Officer are not aware of their role. They received only the standard villager message.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to ask here or in PM. Game play may commence now, with the first vote deadline tomorrow night.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:57 PM   #81
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Checking in!
Old 05-31-2011, 01:01 PM   #82
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

One oddity I noted in the rules. The win condition for criminals is not listed, so it may be more complex than the usual 1:1 ratio.

Vote ntndeacon

May as well get things going.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:07 PM   #83
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

a healthy citizen of gotham here! hopefully it's not as hot in gotham as it is here in syracuse today!
Old 05-31-2011, 01:11 PM   #84
hoopsguy
General Manager

Good news - today is one of the days I can probably be more active in the thread.

Bad news - it is Day 1.

For what it is worth, I very much like the structure of a game that lists character names but not the "roles". I hope that we see a couple of cool/fun roles, bluffing, and all the stuff that is possible with games that are set up like this rather than roles by numbers like "duke", "bodyguard", "brutal", "cunning".

Citizen for now, but still holding out hope for Commissioner.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:17 PM   #85
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Weird stuff with the business of people not knowing if they're the judge, police etc etc. I guess it prevents early mass role reveals. Wonder if the roles will discover powers later on if certain conditions are meet.

My concern at the moment is that the hidden corrupt trait makes people convertible. With 21 guys I'm guessing that the 4 wolf characters will be in the game.

Something for the wolves to worry about is the fact that one of their team-mates might have secret victory conditions which might involve screwing over their team-mates. I think a concept like that would fit in very well with the game mechanics. So suck on that wolfies.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:20 PM   #86
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
One oddity I noted in the rules. The win condition for criminals is not listed, so it may be more complex than the usual 1:1 ratio.

Good pick up. I can imagine that their aim might be to remove all the role figures. That would make a lot of sense in terms of the introduction about some certain figures giving the people of Gotham hope.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:20 PM   #87
MrBug708
Head Coach

Where´s the street-wise Hercules To fight the rising odds? Isn´t there a white knight upon a fiery steed?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:25 PM   #88
Autumn
Head Coach

Gotham City's ornate spires and skyscrapers speak to a past when Gotham inspired its people and the world. Today the gray fog of pollution, the dull looks on the faces on the street speak of despair. It's a town that binds you down and squeezes the life out of you.

Or it was until lately. First Gordon, then Dawes, Batman and now Dent. These men and women have inspired the people of Gotham again. People of Gotham, some of them, have chosen to stand up to the dark forces that control their city and say no more.

However, a cornered dog only gets nastier. The mob has made itself fat off the blood of Gotham and it's not going to give up its lifestyle so easily. Faced with a town suddenly standing up to its bullies, the mob has grown more bold, more desperate. The writing is on the wall, and the battle for Gotham's soul is on. Nobody can afford to pull any punches.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:29 PM   #89
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
In this game certain of the villager roles will be corrupted. A villager will not be aware of whether they're corrupted or not. A corrupted villager still counts as a villager for victory purposes. However, the hidden effects of the villager's role will be altered by their involvement with the mob. The influence of a corrupted villager, like any role, will end if that villager is removed from the game. The villager's corruption will be revealed upon incarceration or death.

Don't know what to make of this bolded bit. I guess it implies that the non-named roles have an influence on some part of the game mechanic, with the non-corrupt ones having a positive effect and the corrupt ones having a negative effect. If there is such an effect it seems logical that both good guys and bad guys will have a method of discovering corrupt and non-corrupt people, otherwise there seems little point in the mechanic. As a wild guess maybe some sort of seer-lite on the wolfy's side who can "scan" for corrupt officials meanign that the wolves will be more interested in taking out some people and might make an effort to save others. Which, if true, would add a layer of uncertainty to vote analysis
Old 05-31-2011, 01:30 PM   #90
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Checking in. Regular Gothamite here (well, so far as I know, it appears).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:42 PM   #91
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
For what it is worth, I very much like the structure of a game that lists character names but not the "roles". I hope that we see a couple of cool/fun roles, bluffing, and all the stuff that is possible with games that are set up like this rather than roles by numbers like "duke", "bodyguard", "brutal", "cunning".

Completely agreed (for any GMs taking notes).
Old 05-31-2011, 01:44 PM   #92
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Vote mauboy1

Good wolf, won't say much unless put under pressure. Only scientist to outlast me last game. That sort of business.

I think lots of voting is good because it allows me to fritter hours of my time away compiling voting records and filling them in in a variety of eye-catching colours. And it gives people something to think about. I'll a-move my vote tomorrow if I decide that someone else isn't contributing as much as they might or for tictactal reasons or, you know, whatever.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:47 PM   #93
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

tho it's been a while for me, isn't day 1 still a crapshoot?
Old 05-31-2011, 01:53 PM   #94
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Yep.

But in normally yields some information later down the line. How you interpret that information is another kettle of fish.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:56 PM   #95
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Don't know what to make of this bolded bit. I guess it implies that the non-named roles have an influence on some part of the game mechanic, with the non-corrupt ones having a positive effect and the corrupt ones having a negative effect. If there is such an effect it seems logical that both good guys and bad guys will have a method of discovering corrupt and non-corrupt people, otherwise there seems little point in the mechanic. As a wild guess maybe some sort of seer-lite on the wolfy's side who can "scan" for corrupt officials meanign that the wolves will be more interested in taking out some people and might make an effort to save others. analysis

Here's the thing though. If a villager with a role found a corrupt citizen, would we really want to vote them off knowing that they are contributing to our win condition? It would be kind of like voting off a known cultist, except one that's potentially unaware that they're helping the wrong side, depending on what the corrupt players have for a win condition. Unless we know that their corruption is hugely hampering our efforts to win I guess in which case maybe it would be worth voting them off, though I don't know how we'd find that out.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:56 PM   #96
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think lots of voting is good because it allows me to fritter hours of my time away compiling voting records and filling them in in a variety of eye-catching colours. And it gives people something to think about. I'll a-move my vote tomorrow if I decide that someone else isn't contributing as much as they might or for tictactal reasons or, you know, whatever.

Read: let's all vote to keep Narc busy
Old 05-31-2011, 01:59 PM   #97
Thomkal
Head Coach

I for one am glad for Batman's presence in Gotham. For far too long, its citizens, of which I am one, have had to cower in their homes not being able to trust even those we should trust the most. It is my hope that Batman and his allies like Dent, Dawes, and Gordon can take back this once bright city from the darkness that consumes it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Checking in here, its a bit of a mystery how to play this as a citizen not knowing if we are one of the corruptible types or not, or just what effect corruption will have. I agree with Narcizo that its likely that there is some type of seer that can determine if a player is one of the corrupt or not, and likely the bad guys too. I'm hoping those with information on such matters will come out with it sooner rather than later when it is safe and/or timely to do so.

Otherwise we risk an Animal Farm like game where we concentrated on rules we were given in game as having an effect on the game-when it turns out they were just flavor (grrrr Path ). I assume the corruption effects are very real here in this game, but how much of an effect will they have I wonder?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:19 PM   #98
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Plain old Gotham Citizen checking in.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:20 PM   #99
Danny
Head Coach

Villager checking in.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:21 PM   #100
Danny
Head Coach

I'd say 4 wolves sounds probably, with the chance of a 5th or conversion. Tough to know with this rule set though as there is a far amount of hidden info.