Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #251
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Can one who panders to all truly rule any?

Ah. I do not pander. And you notice did not welcome all.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #252
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchow View Post
While not a perfect man, I believe the King Robert Baratheon was an honorable man despite his shortcomings. I lost my position as the Kingsguard because the little turd Joffrey wanted to have some less trust worthy than himself protecting him. So be it.. Perhaps someone someday will be able to convince me that I shoulfd join them..I have my doubt that there is anybody currently worthy of my sword, honesty and loyalty.

I will spend my days as an adventurer!

You know I have always thought well of you Ser Barristan. Let us not quarrel now, when the fate of the realm is at stake. I know the source of the sorrow that weighs heavy on those shoulders Ser, and I assure you, I feel it too. The hour is not yet come to make amends for the past, but let us keep watch over each other until such dawn arrives, on golden wings.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #253
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Interesting. I did not expect to be courted by my departed husband's baby brother but why would he overlook a man of Lord Baelish's talents as he appeals to anyone willing to give him the time of day? A mystery indeed
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #254
MrBug708
Head Coach

I hope Sir Barristan remembers when we fought the evil Sir Taylor of Featherston and will hopefully repay the Karstarks and North in kind!
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #255
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Interesting. I did not expect to be courted by my departed husband's baby brother but why would he overlook a man of Lord Baelish's talents as he appeals to anyone willing to give him the time of day? A mystery indeed

My youngest brother was never one to choose wisely or soundly. You could waste a week trying to understand his reasoning for there is none. Not exactly virtues for a would-be king.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #256
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchow View Post
While not a perfect man, I believe the King Robert Baratheon was an honorable man despite his shortcomings. I lost my position as the Kingsguard because the little turd Joffrey wanted to have some less trust worthy than himself protecting him. So be it.. Perhaps someone someday will be able to convince me that I shoulfd join them..I have my doubt that there is anybody currently worthy of my sword, honesty and loyalty.

Then stand at the side of Winterfell, until the day someone worthy is found to hold the Iron Throne. The Starks will hold that throne in regency until a suitable man of honor can be found to govern the South...and only the South.

Perhaps I am not worthy of the legendary Barristan Selmy - I have no need, for I lay no claim to the Iron Throne. I merely wish to free my people from it's sway. Should you act as my advisor, perhaps we can find a just and honorable King together, and the Kings of the North and South may live in peace.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #257
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
My youngest brother was never one to choose wisely or soundly. You could waste a week trying to understand his reasoning for there is none. Not exactly virtues for a would-be king.

But he clearly does have some reasoning however misguided. Perhaps my lord Baelish will be able to shed some light on this snub. Maybe Renly is so certain of his Tyrellian backers that he can afford to discount the financial acumen Lord Baelish has demonstrated.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #258
hoopsguy
General Manager

I resent the rumor-mongering in post #6 of this thread, especially that related to the Lannister family.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #259
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Truth can be a harsh mistress, Lord Tywin. Perhaps you should open your eyes to it.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #260
Autumn
Head Coach

All the Lannister gold can't seem to prevent the truth from being repeated. Though I'm sure Tywin has tried.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #261
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
But he clearly does have some reasoning however misguided. Perhaps my lord Baelish will be able to shed some light on this snub. Maybe Renly is so certain of his Tyrellian backers that he can afford to discount the financial acumen Lord Baelish has demonstrated.

My reasoning is quite simple. I value those who value the realm above themselves. You and Lord Baelish see no higher than your own needs.

And I am not in the least surprised that already you seek to create discord for your own ends.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #262
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

King Renly Baratheon (path12) has named Ser Cortnay Penrose (Darth Vilus) his Hand of the King.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:41 PM   #263
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I am most honored to serve my Liege

*Bows to King Baratheon*

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #264
hoopsguy
General Manager

It appears that our GRRM proxy has posted some new rules.
Not necessarily the rules I was looking to see, but rules nonetheless. Enjoy.
Except Theon Greyjoy, who either cannot read or cannot be bothered to read. The net result is the same.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:49 PM   #265
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

regular villager checking in
Old 05-20-2013, 04:50 PM   #266
Danny
Head Coach

lol, even in this game, we are still ge2tting vanilla villager check ins
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #267
Autumn
Head Coach

Damn, how's I get stuck with some villager as a bannerman, lol
Old 05-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #268
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

ohh it seems my role is revealed, so much damn reading. you didnt tell me this game was going to have sooo many rules and reading
Old 05-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #269
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Damn, how's I get stuck with some villager as a bannerman, lol

The better question is how did you convince three people to follow you?
Old 05-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #270
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Those who speak ill of my king would be wise to pray for a warm coffin to rest in.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #271
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

im gonna go ahead and say fontsian is seemingly very UTR here... could be a wolf.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #272
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

also I hope none of you live in the southern westerloo province of Oklahoma, and if you are you are safe.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:19 PM   #273
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
also I hope none of you live in the southern westerloo province of Oklahoma, and if you are you are safe.

+1 Stay safe everyone!
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #274
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Bulletsponge posted in our thread....I think we should take care of him

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #275
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Ah. I do not pander. And you notice did not welcome all.

i did notice, and wonder how you intend on financing your kingdom (should you win) without my services.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #276
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
Bulletsponge posted in our thread....I think we should take care of him

Damnit bullet, who gave me the drunk villager bannerman?
Old 05-20-2013, 06:23 PM   #277
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

KING'S JUSTICE.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #278
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Hey look, more rules!
Old 05-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #279
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Damnit bullet, who gave me the drunk villager bannerman?

You can't even keep your bannerman from conspiring with other houses
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #280
Autumn
Head Coach

The Lord of Light works in mysterious ways.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #281
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, back from the dentist. Dentist appointments suck.

Let's finish up that rule post and get this sucker rolled over.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:31 PM   #282
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Alright George.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #283
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
im gonna go ahead and say fontsian is seemingly very UTR here... could be a wolf.
Don't worry clap. I never play UTR as a wolf.

Though, I would appreciate it if the bannermen of Dragonstone could stay out of private Storm's End meetings.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:50 PM   #284
hoopsguy
General Manager

New rules, and these are a bit more interesting.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #285
Autumn
Head Coach

Yep, things are getting more interesting.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #286
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(damn that's a fuckton of rules)
Old 05-20-2013, 10:41 PM   #287
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(fyi i'm going to be out of contact yesterday from morning to probably after dinner...i'm traveling up to montreal and then have a couple meetings...will hop on when I can though)
Old 05-20-2013, 10:46 PM   #288
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
(fyi i'm going to be out of contact yesterday from morning to probably after dinner...i'm traveling up to montreal and then have a couple meetings...will hop on when I can though)

Varys is so inscrutable that he appears to have discerned how to bend time to his will.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #289
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Ha!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:49 PM   #290
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(gah...tomorrow - obviously)
Old 05-20-2013, 10:58 PM   #291
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
(gah...tomorrow - obviously)

I go out of my way to make you look mysterious and powerful, and you then go and admit a scribing error. Certainly there were other routes you might have taken?
Old 05-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #292
Autumn
Head Coach

Hoopsguy, always cozying up to the eunuchs.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:07 PM   #293
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yes, I'm renowned throughout the lands for my tolerance.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:27 PM   #294
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

This couldn't fit in the rules post apparently, but it's the way the Kings can stop being Kings, so hey, kinda important.

KINGS BENDING THE KNEE

At any point, any King may Bend The Knee to any other King. If the King accepts his offer of fealty, thst King will no longer be King and his faction will be removed from the game.

The former King will become a bannerman to his new King and all of his lands and the lands of his bannermen (outside of family homes) will go to the new King. His old bannermen will also have the option to Bend the Knee and the new King the option to accept their fealty as well. If they do not Bend the Knee or the new King does not accept their fealty, they became released bannermen.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:38 PM   #295
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

*clearing my throat and dictating letters to each King and Bannerman*

Dear _______,

It's clear to me that this chaos which roils the lands of Westeros, despite my best efforts to arrest it, has come to a head.

No fewer than 4 Kings, each of them proclaiming their right to sit the throne of Aegon Targaryen. Each so-called King cutting a swath of death and destruction across the lands of Westeros as they seek to impose their will on the others, for their own benefit.

The Mad King was...mad...as a hatter. I do not deny that. His treatment of many of you all was unjust, and unstable. He brought about his own demise.

Few that are alive today though know the truths that I know about the last years of Aerys Targaryen.

Rob Stark - Your grandfather, and your uncle, murdered by Aerys Targaryen. One might go so far as to say that they, and in particular your grandfather Rickard Stark, were the cause of all of the chaos that has engulfed Westeros - and quite unnecessarily I might add.

Aerys Targaryen was mad. His son Rhaegar though? Now there was a true Targaryen king, in the mold of Jaehaerys. A Prince, the Prince that Westeros had been waiting for. Groomed by the finest minds in the land. And there were pieces in play. As Ser Jaime will attest, before Rhaegar left for the Trident, where he was tragically lost to us, before Rhaegar left, he announced to all that upon his return he intended to call a council - a council at which changes would be made. Those changes were to include the removal of Aerys, supported by an end to hostilities amongst the Lords Paramount. The maneuvers I had to make behind the scenes upon learning of the southron ambitions of your grandfather Rob Stark, to guide Aerys in such a way to cement the alliances amongst your houses in an effort to bring a true, untainted, Targaryen to the Iron Throne to ensure the future of Westeros, all for naught.

Lord Stannis Baratheon, Lord Renly Baratheon - Your family does not escape blame in this matter. It was the prodigious anger of your brother which was the ultimate undoing of any chance for a prolonged peace.

Lord Tywin Lannister - Your treachery is without parallel in the annals of history. When welcomed with open arms as a protector and savior, you choose to repay that trust with savagery, and with the blood of innocents.

I fret for the future of the realm. Had things gone according to my plan, we would be leaving in peace and harmony under a benevolent King. Instead, you are like vultures at carrion, and my work is almost entirely undone.

The future of all of Westeros is at stake my lords. We will soon see whether any of you are worthy of Aegon's throne.

*Lord Varys*
Old 05-20-2013, 11:42 PM   #296
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

DAY ONE HAS BEGUN.

Rules are posted. I will post the lands located in Westeros soon, and who controls them.

The deadline is 10 PM EST (7 PM PDT) on Tuesday.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:56 AM   #297
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Dear _______,

No fewer than 4 Kings, each of them proclaiming their right to sit the throne of Aegon Targaryen. Each so-called King cutting a swath of death and destruction across the lands of Westeros as they seek to impose their will on the others, for their own benefit.

[Snip]

I fret for the future of the realm. Had things gone according to my plan, we would be leaving in peace and harmony under a benevolent King. Instead, you are like vultures at carrion, and my work is almost entirely undone.

[Snip]

*Lord Varys*

So, in short, everyone is false and should submit. Leaving the question of to whom? If none of the current self-proclaimed kings or the current king then who would Lord Varys have us bend the knee to? Surely not himself. But perhaps to another pretender. A pretender long believed dead. I believe my late husband mentioned such a pretender, one far across the water.

My lord Renly - perhaps you were correct in saying that Lord Varys has the interest of the realm at heart. But does it not seem possible that his interpretation of where the realm's interest lies diverges decisively from your own interpretation?
Old 05-21-2013, 02:39 AM   #298
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Chief - you HAVE to keep a file with all the copy PMs you receive to post at the end of the game
Old 05-21-2013, 03:05 AM   #299
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Chief - you HAVE to keep a file with all the copy PMs you receive to post at the end of the game

I intend to.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:18 AM   #300
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

THE LANDS OF WESTEROS

HOUSE STARK

King Robb Stark (CW)-- Winterfell (family home), Riverrun, The Twins and Deepwood Motte.
Roose Bolton(JAG)-- The Dreadfort (family home)
Rickard Karstark (MrBug708)-- The Karhold (family home)

HOUSE LANNISTER

King Joffrey Baratheon (Zinto)-- King's Landing, Harrenhal, Crakehall and Fairhaven
Tywin Lannister (hoopsguy)-- Casterly Rock (family home)
Ser Gregor Clegane (Julio Riddols)-- Clegane's Keep (family home)

HOUSE BARATHEON OF DRAGONSTONE

King Stannis Baratheon (Autumn)-- Dragonstone (family home), Maidenpool and Duskendale
Ser Davos Seaworth (InBlue)-- Cape Wrath (family home)
Ser Axell Florent (claphamsa)-- Brightwater Keep (family home)

HOUSE BARATHEON OF STORM'S END

King Renly Baratheon (path12)-- Storm's End (family home), Summerhall, Blackhaven, The Arbor
Ser Loras Tyrell (murrayyyyy)-- Highgarden (family home)
Ser Cortnay Penrose (Darth Vilus)-- Parchments (family home)