Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-25-2020, 05:31 PM   #51
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
Honestly, I thought about going back to back with the Rob/ Amber pick for my 2nd and 3rd round picks, but that didn't last long. I'm perfectly fine with her on my squad though.

she's a dark horse to be sure.

She was pretty unmemorable in s3....only memorable in to me in her crying when they kept losing. But she was drown out cameratimewise by dramaqueen Jeri and pretty boy colby plus the Keith/Tina pair plus the Skupin fire disaster plus the other tribe steamrolling their tribe up until then.

But yeah it was a miracle she was asked back to allstars. Only guess is so many other people they asked said no and the priducers wanted more eye candy.

allstars she rode rob's coattail the entire way and again...wasn't a threat so wasn't a target. That's kind of Sandra's gig too.

And actually...that kind of package (package amirite?) works well in this survivor era as the beefy guys get pinged off and she goes utring her way through the game. Being married to rob will absolutely put a target on them now but I think rob and amber would easily vote each other off hehhehehe. I think every married couple would

Sandra has no chance this time and I've never felt she had a ton of game. Rob could make the merge but def not far beyond.
They'll keep him to build them an awesome shelter so maybe amber will go early?

it will be interesting

CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 08:54 PM   #52
Racer
College Benchwarmer

My thoughts based on editing based on the 4 or 5 minute extended preview of season 40 we saw:

Spoiler
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 09:06 PM   #53
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Also, the look on several players faces at they were being brought in on the boats was epic.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:19 AM   #54
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
My thoughts based on editing based on the 4 or 5 minute extended preview of season 40 we saw:

Spoiler

That's so great to hear! Am glad she's got some fire for the game now. In her 40s and with 4 kids I'm sure she'd be more a personality now and I actually had this pipedream that she'd try to vote rob out all game
Old 02-11-2020, 04:20 AM   #55
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

the season premiere is this week. Is it an actual bootoff episode? or is it just a kind of preview.
Old 02-11-2020, 06:16 AM   #56
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

NOW I remember who Sophie Clarke is. Was in Cochrane's first season...meh she was okay but not great
Old 02-11-2020, 06:17 AM   #57
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

wow Mike! hahahaha you went super popularity people!

Rob, Amber, Parvati AND Sandra! Can't wait to see how that shakes out
Old 02-12-2020, 09:33 PM   #58
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

There's something about an all-star season that makes me remember how much I like this show.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:59 PM   #59
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Big mistake Natalie! Totally rookie move giving that idol to sandra.
i realize she's trying to cause chaos but you don't want an idol in her hands.
And she will never be grateful.

Man Sandra is so childish
Old 02-13-2020, 03:59 PM   #60
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Scoring update:

Spoiler

Last edited by Racer : 02-13-2020 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-13-2020, 04:07 PM   #61
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
wow Mike! hahahaha you went super popularity people!

Rob, Amber, Parvati AND Sandra! Can't wait to see how that shakes out

As we saw in episode 1, Parvati and Rob still 2 of the best players. I look at the order people got drafted and I'm not sure who else I was supposed to take at the 2/3 flip then Rob and Sandra. Tony and Natalie? F no.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 07:18 PM   #62
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Big mistake Natalie! Totally rookie move giving that idol to sandra.
i realize she's trying to cause chaos but you don't want an idol in her hands.
And she will never be grateful.

Man Sandra is so childish

She had to give it to someone on that tribe though and Sandra has been pre-gaming for a possible all winners season since at least Heroes vs. Villains if not Pearl Islands and more so then any other winner. Most winners at the time they've won have said she is the first former winner to reach out to them after they've won.

If you're on the other tribe, you would have to guess the number of people willing to work with her is limited meaning if Sandra makes it to the merge and you get off the EoE she could become a strong ally.

If nothing else maybe she just wanted to give it to the biggest perceived target on that tribe to try to make an impact on the game since she was on EoE.

I really don't think it makes much of a strategic difference who she gave the idol to. Natalie is probably the female athlete on this season but her chances of getting off the EoE still aren't great.
Old 02-13-2020, 08:17 PM   #63
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
As we saw in episode 1, Parvati and Rob still 2 of the best players. I look at the order people got drafted and I'm not sure who else I was supposed to take at the 2/3 flip then Rob and Sandra. Tony and Natalie? F no.

They certainly are two of the best players ever based on the edits they received in the seasons they won.

They may very well be two of the top four players ever but that also means they entered the game with huge targets on their backs in a game where the other players might not be quite at their level but they still are really, really good players.

I tried to pick make the safest picks possible but I think I might as well have just picked the players I liked the most. Really any of us could win.

This doesn't mean as much now that the first two episodes have aired but here are my thoughts on the players that went after this pair:

Danni Boatwright - She has largely been absent from the Survivor community since she won season 11. I thought she was the most likely person to be voted out of her tribe first because of the "anybody but me" jitters that did happen but she managed to keep the target off her.

Kim Spradlin-Wolfe - I really like Kim. I kind of wish I had taken her over Denise. I believe she is the G.O.A.T, ahead of Rob, Sandra, and Parvati. She dominated One World like Rob dominated Redemption Island except she did it the first time she played and would have beaten just about anyone in the final three whereas from what I understand the number of people Rob would have beaten was limited. People say she played with idiots but Troyzan and Monica have both made it to final 3 in returnee seasons.

I was scared off from taking her with my second pick because the other players named her as the best Survivor winner more then anyone else other then Sandra in their pregame ET Canada interviews. I was aware she was part of the Survivor crew who had played poker together along with Rob, Jeremy, Ben, Tyson, and Adam but figured if anything that would help her.

Ethan Zohn - I felt like he was a safe pick that would almost certainly make the merge due to the perceived lack of strategic threat. As a two time cancer survivor, he has the story to beat just about anyone in the final three except possibly Sandra (two time winner), Yul (playing for ALS research), and Rob, Kim, and Parvati (biggest pregame threats). I viewed him as a likely mid post merge boot (6 to 8 range) in the preseason. I will say that I think social threats like Ethan and Michele often beat strategic threats in a final 3.

Tony Vlachos - I am not sure if he can relax enough to not get voted out pre merge after what happened in Game Changers. However, his Game Changers performance probably gave him one of the lower threat levels entering the game.

Ben Driebergen - I wasn't going to take him because I didn't like he basically idoled his way to victory in his original season. However, I will say I thought he gave the most memorable confessional of the premiere when he talked about his beach conversation with Boston Rob.

Sophie Clarke - Some players from her season criticized her for coming across as condescending at times. However, my thoughts were that the other four women in her tribe were all far more likely to be voted out before her - Amber for being wife of Boston Rob, Kim and Sandra for being two of the best players ever, and Sarah for having probably the biggest ego in the game and coming across as very shady in Game Changers which aired just two years before this season began filming. I was thinking she was a lock for the merge barring a bad swap entering the season.

Natalie Anderson - I strongly considered taking her over Sophie but I was slightly concerned she could be targeted early because of her relationship with Jeremy. I also like that Sophie has been part of the RHAP community so I was also picking someone who I would rather root for after passing on Kim for Denise. I had both her and Sophie in the 9 to 12 range in my rankings.

Nick Wilson - He was out of the loop at times post merge in David vs. Goliath and also let his emotions get the best of him at times. I think he has one of the best minds in the game (his minority vote split was genius) but his social game I think is lacking compared to the other winners.

Amber Mariano - I thought Sarah most likely would be the first voted out of her tribe. However, I thought if Rob got through a couple of tribal councils then Amber could end up getting chopped. I was surprised to see her go first though. If Rob wasn't in the game, I think she would have been a post merge lock.

Last edited by Racer : 02-13-2020 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-14-2020, 12:00 AM   #64
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Sandra is a pouting child. Hate her so much.

Parvati is great! Love her. Funny how she thinks she's such a target.
Rob. hoy crap gogogo robrobrob
He's right. What the hell is his tribe doing?

He's not used to how spastic people are this game. Everyone knows tho that the first person to throw out a name gets voted off (no matter how stupid that is)

I don't remember him being that fierce in challenges

I barely ever know that sophie is there

Yul is so awesome. Wendell too

So happy Adam and Denise survived. Love both of those two SO MUCH.

Sad Amber went home but not at all surprised .

At least we get to see amber more.

WOrst play of the game already made: Natalie giving the idol to Sandra.
Her pouting about Rob was soooooooooooooooo stupid
Old 02-15-2020, 12:46 PM   #65
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

gonna be a scoring update?
Old 02-15-2020, 02:40 PM   #66
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
gonna be a scoring update?

Updated the first page. Posted it here a few days ago (see post #60) but put it in spoiler tags.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:08 PM   #67
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Thoughts on the premiere:

I really liked the premiere. It gave me similar feelings to Indianapolis Colts playoff games when the score is close in the 4th quarter.

I am bad at reading the edit apparently. After I saw the first 4 1/2 minutes of the episode at the end of the retrospective episode, I was convinced Amber was making it further then Rob in the game and even one of the more likely winners.

Adam and Ethan both mentioned in their Dalton Ross pregame interviews that they knew each other outside the game. I think I read somewhere else that Adam and Ben also knew each other outside the game. It seemed like these relationships likely saved Adam more then anything else since both of these guys seemed to try to subtly move the vote off of him.

I saw a few comments on social media pointing out that Natalie is a woman and a minority. I do not think this has anything to do with why she was voted out first. I think it's because her and Jeremy are friends outside of the game and because I think Adam's relationships outside the game saved him. Production probably should have flipped what tribes Sarah and Natalie started on to split both the Tony/Sarah and Jeremy/Natalie pregame relationships. I did follow Big Brother 21 this past summer and I do think there were problems with implicit biases/racism on that season.

I am pulling for the Yul-Sophie-Wendell-Nick alliance the most. Yul said in pregame press he will probably donate the money if he wins to ALS Research in honor of Jonathan Penner's wife if CBS agrees to match the donation (my mom passed away from ALS about 10 years ago). On top of that, Yul is just a really endearing guy on screen. I also like Wendell a lot and Sophie has been a fill in numerous times on RHAP Know-It-Alls (plus I drafted both of them).

I didn't like Ben on Survivor Triple H and I generally consider him having one of the least deserving wins in the history of the show but I enjoyed his confessionals the most of anyone in the premiere. I loved how he made fun of himself for spilling the beans to Rob on who brought his name up. He's really growing on me.

Last edited by Racer : 02-15-2020 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:04 PM   #68
Racer
College Benchwarmer

In case anyone likes reading into the edit to determine winner chances:

Survivor: Winners At War The Edit Bay - Episode 1 : Inside Survivor

My thoughts on the article as well as my own brief thoughts on the edit and who I think have the best chances of winning based on the edit.

I've not very good at predicting who goes early and who goes far though I did suspect Nick was winning after the David vs. Goliath premiere and thought Tommy was a slight favorite to win after the Island of the Idols premiere. However, I thought Chelsea and Molly had a good chance of winning Island of Idols as well after their premiere edit and both went pre-merge.

Spoiler
Old 02-19-2020, 04:46 PM   #69
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 02-19-2020, 08:13 PM   #70
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Scoring update:

Spoiler

Scoring Update after week 2:

Hopefully advantages from Edge of Extinction aren't a weekly thing but it's looking like it.

Spoiler

Last edited by Racer : 02-19-2020 at 08:30 PM.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:28 PM   #71
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I don't think he wins but based on the first few episodes, Boston Rob is the greatest player in Survivor history. I had him right there with Parvarti and Cirie and maybe one or two others, but after watching the last few weeks he's head and shoulders. He's just perfect for the game -- he can get people to do whatever he wants, and even smart people like Adam are terrified to do anything to anger him. It's so great to watch.
Old 02-22-2020, 01:34 PM   #72
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

seriously what was i thinking with the Danni pick....i shoulda picked ben
Old 02-22-2020, 08:31 PM   #73
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
seriously what was i thinking with the Danni pick....i shoulda picked ben

Don't beat yourself up to much. She was was Jeff Probst's winner pick.

I thought there was a strong possibility of her getting voted out first since she probably had the fewest connections of anyone on the cast going into the game which made her a potential easy first boot (usually an anyone but me vote because no one wants to be first out). She should have been fairly save once she got past that first vote though.

However, I'm shocked she let the paranoia get to her the way it did. She managed to integrate herself into the majority alliance with Stephanie and Rafe after being the last person standing from her original tribe in Guatemala. She was definitely not in a position where she could trust anyone for at least part of the post merge that season so I don't know what the hell happened to her this season.

She definitely played awful. However, Boston Rob must have done a real number on her to make her comfortable enough to come to him with the idea of voting out Parvati.

Danni was absolutely the right choice for the tribe to vote out even though Parvati is a superior player and a far bigger threat. With EoE in play, I think there are still 16 more player eliminations to get Parvati out.

A swap is likely coming and a Survivor player should aim at alienating as few people as possible in these pre-swap votes so that hopefully no one flips on them after they swap. Had new school voted out Parvati, I feel like Ethan and Rob would have absolutely flipped to red after a swap which would greatly reduce the chances of Jeremy, Adam, Denise, Michele, or Ben winning the game or even making the merge. Plus Danni basically showed you can't count on her long term by flipping on Parvati so quickly.

For example, after Missy decided to blindside Chelsea last season instead of voting out Karishma, Dean never voted with her again and Karishma still wasn't loyal to Missy (unlike Chelsea) so the move basically cost her two votes. Chelsea was definitely a bigger threat then Karishma but the bigger move is often not the right move.

Parvati would have been the bigger move here but like I said Danni was definitely the right move to make for all other 8 players left which is a rarity.
Old 02-26-2020, 08:17 PM   #74
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Week Three Scoring Update

Another week, another episode.

Spoiler
Old 02-27-2020, 06:23 PM   #75
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

why won't anyone vote out rob. vote him out and he's gone. no worries!
Old 02-27-2020, 06:30 PM   #76
General Mike
Pro Starter

Not looking great for Team GM so far
Old 02-28-2020, 02:37 AM   #77
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Not looking great for Team GM so far

you're fine mike

everyone is too chickenshit to vote out your picks
Old 02-29-2020, 10:27 AM   #78
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I think it makes sense to keep him around. If you can make a move to vote him out after the merge it becomes a game changer you can highlight to the jury.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:13 PM   #79
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I think it makes sense to keep him around. If you can make a move to vote him out after the merge it becomes a game changer you can highlight to the jury.

I think if there was no Eviction Island, maybe things get played different, but there is.

Personally, I'm still hoping for the season of no idols, no advantages, no anything, but don't tell the contestants that there aren't any of those things.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
Old 03-05-2020, 04:50 PM   #80
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Week Four Results

Back from my Disney trip. Saw the episode this afternoon.

Spoiler
Old 03-06-2020, 09:26 AM   #81
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

wow looks like I'm sunk in this league. Good thing I have 2 others
Old 03-06-2020, 02:44 PM   #82
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Personally, I'm still hoping for the season of no idols, no advantages, no anything, but don't tell the contestants that there aren't any of those things.
I've thought of that scenario too. Could be a fun season, with all the paranoia as the players slowly figure out that they don't have the usual stuff (or do they).

I've also wondered if it would be fun to a do a season where the viewers never saw who had immunity idols. You'd see the players speculating, etc., but wouldn't know who actually had one until it was played. Would basically be the equivalent of watching poker without knowing the hole cards.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:32 PM   #83
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Week Five Results

Another week, another episode.

Spoiler

Last edited by Racer : 03-11-2020 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:49 PM   #84
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

He's probably the best all around player to ever play, but that tribe he's in really needs him in challenges.

I don't get why Sandra is kept around. She doesn't do anything around camp, doesn't do anything in challenges, and does nothing but try to form wedges in alliances. Yet she's won twice because no one takes her seriously until the end. There is no justification for keeping her around.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 01:10 AM   #85
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

someone piunch me he's finally gone!!!!

sandra next please oh please
Old 03-18-2020, 08:50 PM   #88
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Week Six Results

Not the final pre merge episode?

Also, I decided to count this as one round. The rules I made didn't specify what to do in the situation of two people being voted out after a single immunity challenge. If a majority feel it should count as 2 rounds I'm fine doing it because I think a person could argue either way.

Spoiler
Old 03-18-2020, 09:06 PM   #89
larrymcg421
Head Coach

In the pool I run, we treat it as two separate eliminations.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 04:07 AM   #90
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh wow denise is the BEST!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bye bye sandra....hate ya later! lol wendell dropping the ball after smak

sophie nerves of STEEL!
Old 03-20-2020, 01:25 PM   #91
Bisbo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
oh wow denise is the BEST!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bye bye sandra....hate ya later! lol wendell dropping the ball after smak

sophie nerves of STEEL!

IMO, best move in Survivor history by Denise - brilliant!
Bisbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:40 PM   #92
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Week Seven Results

Final Pre-merge episode.

Next week the following things will now be in play for scoring:

1. Not on Edge of Extinction or out of the game at some point during the Merge Episode: 4 points - Everyone still alive right now will receive this bonus next week plus whoever returns from EoE assuming someone returns next episode.
2. Return from Edge of Extinction: 4 points
3. Surviving a round post-merge: 2 points
4. Winning individual immunity: 2 points
5. Go on a reward post merge: 1 point - This one will delay scoring by a day or so while I wait for the Survivor wikia to post who went on the reward which may or may not be shown in the episode.

Since only Larry responded, I'll go ahead and keep scoring from last week as is where each person only gained 1 point for surviving. Interesting enough, Sandra was apparently voted out before Parvati but production must have immediately decided to flip it based on the Sandra boot being the far more exciting one.

Spoiler
Old 04-01-2020, 08:29 PM   #93
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Week 8 Results

The Merge! These point totals are subject to change if I find out there was an unaired reward challenge. I think it's unlikely it happened at the merge but I'm guessing we'll get one or two over the course of the rest of the season.

Point totals are going to start going up quick.

Spoiler
Old 04-08-2020, 08:31 PM   #94
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Week 9 Results

Scoring is definitely tight right now.

Spoiler
Old 04-09-2020, 06:01 PM   #95
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I feel like Adam trying to play a piece of the set as an idol is going to get treated like some sort of all-time dumb move, but I respect it. That's 100% the sort of thing the producers would do on this season.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:40 PM   #96
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Indeed maple! It was a FINE move! In fact when Denise was sitting on the sandrabench during the challenge I expected there to be an idol there to find. They've DONE that before.

Jeff making fun of adam was bullshit because they do all kinds of new things every season especially with advantages

really going to miss Adam. Like him a lot
Old 04-10-2020, 04:05 PM   #97
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
I feel like Adam trying to play a piece of the set as an idol is going to get treated like some sort of all-time dumb move, but I respect it. That's 100% the sort of thing the producers would do on this season.

It was definitely worth a try and was super entertaining to watch.

Apparently a real hidden immunity idol was hidden in that spot on South Africa's version of Survivor which Adam had apparently seen before he went out there.

American Survivor has taken from international Survivor in the past. The Idol Nullifier was first on the Australian version of the show though it was a Super/Tyler Perry version of it where it could be played after a hidden immunity idol had been played.
Old 04-10-2020, 04:14 PM   #98
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

uh just how many survivors ARE there now?

and where do they film?

all in the same place?
Old 04-10-2020, 04:19 PM   #99
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post

Straight up struck me as the cool kids laughing at the nerd and it pissed me off.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 06:21 PM   #100
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
uh just how many survivors ARE there now?

and where do they film?

all in the same place?

As far as English speaking goes, I believe besides the United States, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand all have their own versions of Survivor.

I'm not sure if there are any non English speaking ones.

Australia usually/always films their Survivor on the same islands that US filmed the Samoa based seasons.

It looks like South Africa and New Zealand may not always film in the same location though I'm not familiar with these two aside from knowing they exist.