Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-17-2018, 03:39 PM   #201
RainMaker
General Manager

The woman who sought out the woman and wrote the piece seems really sane too.

The email a Babe.net writer wrote to HLN's Ashleigh Banfield about the Aziz Ansari story - Business Insider
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:25 PM   #202
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Michael Douglas anyone?

Michael Douglas accuser on alleged sexual harassment: 'I was humiliated' | Film | The Guardian
Old 01-19-2018, 07:25 AM   #203
Kodos
Resident Alien

That one probably isn't so surprising.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:10 AM   #204
Edward64
Head Coach

How stupid and arrogant are you to say something like this.

That was back in 2003 vs current environment but still ...

https://pagesix.com/2018/02/06/taran...388.1493575353
Quote:
Quentin Tarantino may be trying to act like a woeful choir boy in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein allegations, but he seems all the more mendacious in the light of an old interview in which he claimed Roman Polanski’s 13-year-old rape victim “wanted to have it.”

Tarantino defended Polanski during a 2003 Howard Stern interview — that resurfaced on Jezebel — saying, “He didn’t rape a 13-year-old…he had sex with a minor. That’s not rape.”

When reminded by Stern sidekick Robin Quivers that Polanski’s victim was plied with drugs and alcohol, Tarantino said, “No that was not the case at all. She wanted to have it [sex] and dated the guy…Look, she was down with this.”
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:39 PM   #205
Edward64
Head Coach

Good mea-culpa.

Now just STFU about everything except make movies.

(Not sure I understand Uma's choking and spitting and if, at that time, it was appropriate for the movie. If it wasn't just slide down a hole)

Quentin Tarantino Apologizes To Polanski Rape Victim For 2003 Remarks To Howard Stern | HuffPost
Quote:
Quentin Tarantino has apologized to the woman who was sexually assaulted by director Roman Polanski for comments he made about her on Howard Stern’s radio show in 2003.

Tarantino released a public apology on Wednesday to Samantha Geimer on Wednesday after he apologized to her by phone, IndieWire.com reported.

The apology came after the director’s 2003 interview with Howard Stern resurfaced earlier this week.

In the interview, Tarantino seemed to downplay Polanski’s 1977 assault of Geimer, who was 13 at the time. Polanski pleaded guilty to unlawful sex with a minor but fled the country before sentencing.

“She wanted to have it,” Tarantino says in the clip, which is no longer available. “He didn’t rape a 13-year-old. It was statutory rape. That’s not quite the same thing.

“He had sex with a minor, all right. That’s not rape. To me, when you use the word ‘rape,’ you’re talking about violent, throwing them down.”

Geimer disagreed, telling the New York Daily News: “He was wrong. I bet he knows it.” She added: “I hope he doesn’t make an a― of himself and keep talking that way.”

Here’s Tarantino’s statement:

“I want to publicly apologize to Samantha Geimer for my cavalier remarks on “The Howard Stern Show” speculating about her and the crime that was committed against her. Fifteen years later, I realize how wrong I was. Ms. Geimer WAS raped by Roman Polanski. When Howard brought up Polanski, I incorrectly played devil’s advocate in the debate for the sake of being provocative. I didn’t take Ms. Geimer’s feelings into consideration and for that I am truly sorry.

So, Ms. Geimer, I was ignorant, and insensitive, and above all, incorrect.

I am sorry Samantha.

Quentin Tarantino”
Old 05-24-2018, 10:42 AM   #206
Thomkal
Head Coach

Morgan Freeman's turn to "shine"

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/24/enter...ons/index.html
Old 05-24-2018, 12:22 PM   #207
Edward64
Head Coach

Oh no ... not "God" also.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:35 PM   #208
Kodos
Resident Alien

I guess they caught him "Red" handed.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:36 PM   #209
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

When reading that article I keep imagining that Morgan Freeman is narrating it.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:47 PM   #210
Edward64
Head Coach

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
When reading that article I keep imagining that Morgan Freeman is narrating it.

Now that you mention it ... good one
Old 05-25-2018, 06:41 AM   #211
Thomkal
Head Coach

Harvey Weinstein set to turn himself into authorities today
Old 05-25-2018, 07:53 AM   #212
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Harvey Weinstein set to turn himself into authorities today

I didn't realize that he was wanted criminally.

Too bad he turned himself in. It would have been fascinating to watch an O.J. style run from the police in the age of Twitter.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:19 AM   #213
digamma
Torchbearer

I think the NY authorities just announced the charges yesterday alb.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 01:51 PM   #214
QuikSand
lolzcat

Chris Hardwick, apparently

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...-claim-1120557
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:09 PM   #215
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
That story is horrifying. Knowing Hardwick has had some pretty serious struggles with mental illness kind of explains some of it, but excuses none of it.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:10 PM   #216
Groundhog
Coordinator

Yeah, it's in the shocking but not surprising category for me.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:45 PM   #217
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

How in the hell is he old enough to have had (legally) a g.f. 20 years his junior?
Old 06-16-2018, 09:57 AM   #218
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
How in the hell is he old enough to have had (legally) a g.f. 20 years his junior?

Singled out was in like 2000 or something.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 10:56 AM   #219
Drake
assmaster

Put me in the camp of also not realizing he was my age. I thought he was in his early 30's.

Apparently TV adds ten pounds but gives you back 15 years as compensation.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 03:54 PM   #220
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Seems suspect
Old 06-16-2018, 04:49 PM   #221
Radii
Head Coach

A piece of shit is a piece of shit no matter what, but I believe part of Hardwick's appeal on the Nerdist podcasts is that he would openly talk about demons from his past like alcoholism and his journey to being a better person. Discovering that while he was doing that he was actively being a complete piece of shit human being in this manner makes this one a little extra frustrating.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 04:34 PM   #222
Edward64
Head Coach

You know, I would not be surprised if the story is true.

However, it is unsettling that it is one person accusing him (so far) who was in a failed relationship with him (he says she was unfaithful).

I don't know what the answer is.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/17/enter...ons/index.html
Old 07-02-2018, 06:15 AM   #223
Edward64
Head Coach

Good to see that there has not been a pattern per his wife and 3 ex-girlfriends.

https://uproxx.com/news/chris-hardwi...e-allegations/
Quote:
Two weeks ago, Nerdist erased all traces of founder and CEO Chris Hardwick after actress Chloe Dykstra published a Medium post that alleged “long-term” abuse, both emotional and sexual, (along with career blacklisting) against an unnamed ex-boyfriend who she accused of controlling behavior. Due to the specified timing and several other details, many people believed that Hardwick was the ex in question, and his career has taken several hits, including the shelving of his AMC talk show and cancellation of Comic-Con appearances.

Amid these allegations, Hardwick’s wife, Lydia Hearst, issued a statement of support for her husband, and over the past week, three of his ex-girlfriends have also come to his defense. All of these women have stressed that their experiences with him were very different than the ones described by Dykstra, and they urged the public not to rush to judgment:
Old 07-25-2018, 09:35 PM   #224
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Hardwick back on AMC.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:57 PM   #225
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Hardwick back on AMC.

I thought they just announced his replacement (Y.N. Brown) earlier this week?

edit to add: Googling reveals to me that she was announced earlier in the month, that I only heard about it in the last couple days

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 07-25-2018 at 10:00 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 05:40 PM   #226
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Looks like the Chen bot's husband is out at CBS or will be soon
Old 08-20-2018, 07:01 AM   #227
Edward64
Head Coach

Another hypocrite.

With that said, if it happened to me as a 17 year old male, I wouldn't have called it a sexual assault. Nevertheless, she probably would have known he was underage.

What he got was considerably less than what he asked for so there may be more to the story.

Weinstein accuser Asia Argento made deal to pay her own sexual assault accuser, bombshell report says | Fox News
Quote:
Actress Asia Argento, one of the first prominent women to accuse disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein of sexual assault, agreed to pay $380,000 to an actor who accused her of sexually assaulting him when he was 17 years old, The New York Times reported Sunday night.

The actor claimed that the assault took place in a California hotel room in 2013, according to the report. The age of consent in California is 18.

Neither Argento's representatives nor the actor's attorney immediately responded to Fox News' request for comment.

The newspaper obtained documents sent between lawyers for Argento and the accuser that laid out a payment schedule. The paper also obtained a photograph dated May 9, 2013 that showed the two lying in a bed together.

On that date, according to a notice of intent to sue document sent to Argento's then-lawyer in November, Argento met the actor at the Ritz-Carlton hotel in Marina del Rey, Calif. After giving him alcohol, Argento kissed him and performed oral sex on him before the two had sexual intercourse, the report said.

The notice of intent asked for $3.5 million in damages. The Times reported that the final agreement was reached in April of this year.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:18 AM   #228
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Another hypocrite.

With that said, if it happened to me as a 17 year old male, I wouldn't have called it a sexual assault. Nevertheless, she probably would have known he was underage.

What he got was considerably less than what he asked for so there may be more to the story.

Weinstein accuser Asia Argento made deal to pay her own sexual assault accuser, bombshell report says | Fox News

Victim shaming is cool!
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:11 AM   #229
miami_fan
Coordinator

To be fair, she is not a victim in this case, she is the perpetrator.

That being said, I am glad to see that we are all on the same page now when it comes to believing victims when they come forward with accusations.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:25 AM   #230
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Sick stuff. She played that kid's mum when he was 5-6 years old.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:52 AM   #231
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
That being said, I am glad to see that we are all on the same page now when it comes to believing victims when they come forward with accusations.

LOL
Old 08-20-2018, 10:56 AM   #232
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Goodness knows THAT would be the highly responsible thing to do
Old 08-20-2018, 04:04 PM   #233
tarcone
Coordinator

If ever a place had a rape culture, it is Hollywood.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 04:34 PM   #234
JPhillips
General Manager

It's anywhere there's a big discrepancy in power. Eventually those with great power held over those with little to know power will abuse their authority. That's why we need laws instead of trusting humans to do the right thing.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:58 PM   #235
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
It's anywhere there's a big discrepancy in power. Eventually those with great power held over those with little to know power will abuse their authority. That's why we need laws instead of trusting humans to do the right thing.

Definitely agree with this, thinking about the Catholic Church also.

Laws are great but would also include continuous education campaign where those sexually assaulted have an avenue to pursue and not just take it. I do think there is more "grey" in sexual harassment (e.g. was it a one-time or pattern, are there cultural differences etc.).

With that all said, there are very likely cases of false accusations so somehow those need to be accounted for also.

Last edited by Edward64 : 08-20-2018 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:02 PM   #236
Radii
Head Coach

The military is the #1 place I think of for power abuses being made very possible like this outside of Weinstein.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:14 AM   #237
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
To be fair, she is not a victim in this case, she is the perpetrator.

I kinda think she is both a victim and perpetrator. I don't know but maybe her experience with Weinstein made prey on the kid?

Not sure if RedKingGold read the whole article before giving her a pass.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:31 AM   #238
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I mean this obviously had to play a role in Anthony Bourdain's suicide right?
Old 08-21-2018, 01:53 PM   #239
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I mean this obviously had to play a role in Anthony Bourdain's suicide right?

I didn't think so but now apparently he knew about it.

https://pagesix.com/2018/08/21/asia-...150.1520085772
Quote:
Actress Asia Argento on Tuesday denied allegations that she sexually assaulted a 17-year-old former co-star — claiming her late boyfriend Anthony Bourdain paid the hush money only to stave off “negative publicity.”

A bombshell report Sunday alleged that Argento paid actor and musician Jimmy Bennett $380,000 last year after he accused her of plying him with booze and molesting him years earlier when he was a teen.

In a statement Tuesday, she finally responded to the assault allegations, calling them “absolutely false” and insisting she never had “any sexual relationship” with Bennett — who played her young son in the 2003 movie “The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things.”
Old 08-21-2018, 01:54 PM   #240
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
I kinda think she is both a victim and perpetrator. I don't know but maybe her experience with Weinstein made prey on the kid?

Not sure if RedKingGold read the whole article before giving her a pass.

Given what was reported, the only way she is a victim in this case in my eyes is if the kid has made a false accusation against her. I can't speak for RKG but maybe he believes she was being falsely accused. I guess we should hold off on judgement until a proper investigation is done.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:52 PM   #241
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Argento now says she didn't have any sexual relations with Bennett at all, even though there is a picture of both of them in bed. I mean if she said something like, yes, he was underage but she didn't coerce him and it was mutual (while also understanding that someone under age legally can't give consent), I may have been inclined to listen to her story. But to flatly deny it just seems like covering it up.

Oh, and the sex between Argento and Bennett happened 5 years ago. Well before Argento and Bourdain were together, so I don't think it triggered the suicide.
Old 08-21-2018, 06:07 PM   #242
stevew
Hall Of Famer

He helped pay the kid off after he was so out there against Weinstein, no? Had to be a factor, unless I'm totally not understanding this. His reputation was about to go in the shitter.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:56 AM   #243
Edward64
Head Coach

I wouldn't be surprised if this is about $ for the kid (e.g. her comment about shakedown) but the evidence re: sex leans against her. I could believe that she did not know he was underage but her denials about not having sex with him doesn't seem credible.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...onship-n902876
Quote:
A photo showing Italian actress Asia Argento alongside an underage actor who has reportedly accused her of sexual assault appears to contradict her claim that the two never had a sexual relationship.

The photo, published on Wednesday by TMZ, purports to show Argento in bed with Jimmy Bennett, the young actor who said in documents obtained by the New York Times that he had sex with the actress in a California hotel in 2013, two months after he turned 17.
:
The Times has reported that it received documents that included a selfie of Argento and Bennett in bed. The newspaper said three people familiar with the case had said the documents were authentic.
:
TMZ also published screenshots of text messages that it claimed were exchanges between Argento and an unidentified friend following the publication of the Times report on Sunday. In the screenshots, Argento purportedly said: "I had sex with him it felt weird. I didn't know he was a minor until the shakedown letter." NBC News has not verified the text messages.

Last edited by Edward64 : 08-22-2018 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:18 PM   #244
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Kevin Spacey Now Facing Another Sexual Assault Investigation

Another notch in Spacey's belt
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 09:02 AM   #245
Edward64
Head Coach

I looked at the video and I would define it as groping. The taco bell joke was definitely in very poor taste.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...l-joke-718402/
Quote:
The bishop who served as the emcee at Aretha Franklin‘s funeral apologized to Ariana Grande following accusations that he groped the singer onstage as well as likened the singer to a Taco Bell menu item.

Last edited by Edward64 : 09-01-2018 at 09:03 AM.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:34 AM   #246
Kodos
Resident Alien

I guess Neil deGrasse Tyson is up next. These things are hard. You don't want to believe they happened.

Neil deGrasse Tyson denies sexual misconduct allegations
Old 12-07-2018, 11:54 PM   #247
Edward64
Head Coach

I really want to believe Neil is innocent
Old 12-17-2018, 08:25 PM   #248
Thomkal
Head Coach

Les Moonves denied any of his $120 million in his severance payment from CBS-saying there was merit in the allegations:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/17/media...utm_term=image
Old 12-25-2018, 06:44 PM   #249
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Kevin Spacey up for a felony charge...
I have not watched the "strange video" he recently released yet.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 07:17 AM   #250
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
I really want to believe Neil is innocent

A little more news.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson's 'StarTalk' Grounded During Probe Of Sexual Misconduct Allegations | HuffPost
Quote:
The “StarTalk” TV show hosted by popular astrophysicist Neil DeGrasse Tyson will be off the air during an investigation into sexual misconduct allegations against him, according to media reports.

Just three episodes of the fifth season of “StarTalk” ran in November before the program was suspended after allegations of sexual misconduct emerged against Tyson.

Now a decision has been made to halt the program until some conclusion is reached in an investigation by the National Geographic Channel and Fox Networks Group, which share “Cosmos,” also hosted by Tyson. Both Nat Geo and Fox had planned to launch a revival of “Cosmos: Possible Worlds” in March.

Tyson is also the director of the Hayden Planetarium at the American Museum of Natural History in New York.

“In order to allow the investigation to occur unimpeded, we chose to hold new episodes of ‘Star Talk’ until it is complete,” a representative of Nat Geo told Variety, which was the first to report the decision. “We expect that to happen in the next few weeks at which time we’ll make a final decision.”

Tyson has denied all the accusations and said he welcomes an investigation.

Patheos.com reported in November on a rape allegation by Tchiya Amet, which she said occurred in 1984 when she was a student at the University of Texas at Austin while Tyson was working on his doctorate.

Bucknell professor Katelyn Allers also accused Tyson of “grabbing” her in 2009, and production assistant Ashley Watson accused him of making unwanted sexual advances over wine and cheese in 2018, Patheos also reported.

Tyson denied the allegations in a lengthy Facebook post. He said he was “searching for Pluto” in a solar system tattoo on Allers’ shoulder — beneath the material of her sleeveless dress. He said the wine and cheese was simply that. And he wrote that the sex with Amet was consensual.