Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-14-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
OOTP Developments

Smile OOTP 11 Released!

Out of the Park Baseball 11 Released!

We are proud to announce that we have officially released Out of the Park Baseball 11!

OOTP 11 is the latest iteration of our award-winning baseball management simulation which Operation Sports already called "An instant classic!" and scored 9.5 out of 10. The game offers countless improvements and new features, including 2010 major league Opening Day rosters, a recoded fielding engine, a greatly improved interface, enhanced draft features and stunningly realistic historical replay leagues. A complete list of new features in OOTP 11 is available here. If you are not familiar with OOTP, please take a look at the core features list.

OOTP 11 is priced at $39.99 (€39.99 for customers living in the European Union) and is available for PC, Mac and Linux! Download the game now and start playing within minutes!

Windows XP/Vista/7 Download Links
Mirror #1 | Mirror #2 | Mirror #3 | Mirror #4 | Mirror #5

Mac OSX Download Links

Linux Download Links

OOTP 11 can be purchased and activated right from inside the game. You may alternatively visit our web stores and purchase a license there.

Note to preorder customers

This release version is a newer version (build 11.0.3) than the one which was released to our preorder customers on Monday. To take advantage of the improvements, download the full version and simply install it over your current installation of OOTP 11. This will not erase any of your saved games. However, it could overwrite any custom files you may have in use. We will have a patch installer available tomorrow which does not cause any overwritten data.

Build 11.0.3 does have the following fixes/improvements:
- Fixed errors in the major league quickstart
- Enabled evolving league options for major league quickstart
- Tweaked inaugural draft AI, relief pitchers were picked too late
- Tweaked automatic relocation/expansion
- Fixed several activation- and installer-related issues

Getting Support

If you need support, please first visit our Knowledge Base. Most questions related to licensing and installing are covered there! If you can't find an answer, the quickest way to get official help is to submit a ticket to us via our Support Central web site! We will do our best to respond promptly to your questions!

Play Ball!

We hope you enjoy Out of the Park Baseball 11! Be sure to check out the in-game Add-ons Central to see what custom modifications the community has already made available. Just load up a game, then navigate to OOTP Menu >> Add-ons Central, and click the Re-load add-ons list button. You can also visit the OOTP Mods forum to learn about more community-created player images, logos, custom logos, ballparks, jerseys, ballcaps, and more! The New to the Game forum is also a great place to come and ask questions about the game!

And now, enjoy OOTP 11!

Cheers,
Markus

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn : 04-14-2010 at 09:47 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:18 AM   #2
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Is there a demo for it yet?
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

11 years, Markus. congratulations.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:44 AM   #4
MJ4H
Coordinator

Wake me up when I can play college baseball with it.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:05 AM   #5
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
Wake me up when I can play college baseball with it.

You've been able to for years. It's not even that difficult, once you get it setup. And I believe there are people on the forums over there that have at least created some worlds with most college leagues, etc., so....yeah.

You might want to wake up now.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:08 AM   #6
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Do the fixes include the scheduling bug? My historical sim is pretty much a non-starter until the teams actually play 154 games a year, instead of 140 based on the 1901 schedule.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-14-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:06 PM   #7
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
You've been able to for years. It's not even that difficult, once you get it setup. And I believe there are people on the forums over there that have at least created some worlds with most college leagues, etc., so....yeah.

You might want to wake up now.

I have been looking for years. I haven't seen a mod that allows automatic graduation of seniors (or juniors going pro) and recruiting. Please link for me if it does, I'd be grateful.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:12 PM   #8
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

shit just got real
Old 04-14-2010, 01:17 PM   #9
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
I have been looking for years. I haven't seen a mod that allows automatic graduation of seniors (or juniors going pro) and recruiting. Please link for me if it does, I'd be grateful.

I think in the last one or two ago you could set an age limit (like 22) and those players would just 'disappear' as though their college career ended.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:06 PM   #10
DanGarion
Coordinator

I'm not buying it till I can populate it with the races from Lord of the Rings.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:08 PM   #11
Ksyrup

That's the GEEK easter egg.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 04-14-2010, 04:51 PM   #12
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I think in the last one or two ago you could set an age limit (like 22) and those players would just 'disappear' as though their college career ended.

That might be close enough, but recruiting needs to be in for me. I'm keeping my eye out. College baseball is one game I've had a bad itch for.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:14 PM   #13
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
I'm not buying it till I can populate it with the races from Lord of the Rings.

That's already one of the options if you start a New Zealand league.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:05 AM   #14
Markus Heinsohn
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Do the fixes include the scheduling bug? My historical sim is pretty much a non-starter until the teams actually play 154 games a year, instead of 140 based on the 1901 schedule.

Could you please open a support ticket for this? I am not aware of any scheduling problems

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out... will be fixed in the next patch. You can play without issues already however, the schedule length is always fine.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn : 04-15-2010 at 04:14 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:19 AM   #15
Ksyrup

Yeah, someone already reported it before I did. The problem I'm having, in particular, is quick-simming an historical league from 1901. It just keeps using a 140-game schedule for every season. So the season length is incorrect early on, once MLB switched from 140 to 154 games.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:08 PM   #16
Qrusher14242
High School JV

dang, made it to 1909 and just saw it was still at 140. I never thought to check if it changed to 154 lol
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:20 PM   #17
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Yeah, someone already reported it before I did. The problem I'm having, in particular, is quick-simming an historical league from 1901. It just keeps using a 140-game schedule for every season. So the season length is incorrect early on, once MLB switched from 140 to 154 games.

You could import a 154-game schedule from the OOTP boards in XML format in the mods section and then it'd play it out with that one, rather than the one the game generates in the meantime.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:40 PM   #18
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I hear this version will only draft 8 catchers in a 25 round draft.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:52 PM   #19
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Pretty cool podcast with Steve from the OOTP board

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:01 AM   #20
Epi_862
Mascot

So how about someone who very much enjoys manager games but doesnt have a clue about baseball.

For example, with very little studying and the aid of in-game help, i got pretty good at football manager pretty fast without understanding the mechanics of soccer at all going into it.

So, basically, i get the basic gist of baseball. Hit the ball. Homerun good. No-hitter awesome. You play 9 innings i guess, and the hitting team changes with 3 outs.

Will i just waste 40 euros on this, or will the game explain the stuff it has and hold my hand a bit?

And to complicate things, no, i have no intention of watching baseball or starting to follow it in real life.

ALSO, please use vaseline the next time you fuck europe in the ass - we're paying 30% more for a game about a sport that is barely known here... But all kidding aside, can i enjoy the game?

Thanks
Epi_862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:06 AM   #21
Sgran
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epi_862 View Post
So how about someone who very much enjoys manager games but doesnt have a clue about baseball.

For example, with very little studying and the aid of in-game help, i got pretty good at football manager pretty fast without understanding the mechanics of soccer at all going into it.

So, basically, i get the basic gist of baseball. Hit the ball. Homerun good. No-hitter awesome. You play 9 innings i guess, and the hitting team changes with 3 outs.

Will i just waste 40 euros on this, or will the game explain the stuff it has and hold my hand a bit?

And to complicate things, no, i have no intention of watching baseball or starting to follow it in real life.

ALSO, please use vaseline the next time you fuck europe in the ass - we're paying 30% more for a game about a sport that is barely known here... But all kidding aside, can i enjoy the game?

Thanks

That's a tough one. As opposed to the current FM, OOTP doesn't really let you see what's happening on the field outside of the text play-by-play. Of course, on the management side you can just go by the numbers, but whether you'll enjoy it is hard to say. I doubt I could enjoy a management sim about cricket.

Last edited by Sgran : 04-23-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Sgran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #22
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Epi - I'd say that might be tough. Are there any versions of OOTP that are freeware now that you could pickup and "learn" on for a while? Or reduced-price versions?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:51 AM   #23
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Out of the Park Baseball 8 Free
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:59 AM   #24
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I hear this version will only draft 8 catchers in a 25 round draft.

Only if you're in Head to Head mode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:12 AM   #25
BigDPW
College Prospect

Is a Demo ever going to be released. I am a bit hesitant to plunk down $40 to try this out. I haven't tried an OOTP since the switch to SI a few years back. This one has me intrigued though.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:26 AM   #26
Tim Tellean
High School JV

I believe the game automatically opens in demo mode unless you enter a purchase key.
Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:03 AM   #27
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

No, Tim, I believe a demo usually released a few weeks after release.

I downloaded the game to try it out before I purchased it in the middle of last week but the menu is grayed out with the only options being "Purchase the Game" and "Enter License Key" or something like that.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:09 AM   #28
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
No, Tim, I believe a demo usually released a few weeks after release.

I downloaded the game to try it out before I purchased it in the middle of last week but the menu is grayed out with the only options being "Purchase the Game" and "Enter License Key" or something like that.

what scoobz said.

i'm in the "wait for a demo" camp too. did the same thing.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:52 AM   #29
Galaril
Pro Starter

yup wait for demo and a MLB/TRIPLE AAA only quickstart option in game.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:45 PM   #30
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
yup wait for demo and a MLB/TRIPLE AAA only quickstart option in game.

lol - you wont give that up -will you???

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders

Last edited by CleBrownsfan : 04-25-2010 at 12:47 PM.
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:05 PM   #31
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
lol - you wont give that up -will you???

No way
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote