Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the NFL primetime draft?
Love It 13 39.39%
Hate It (bring back Saturday) 16 48.48%
Who's going first in this year's trout-fishing fantasy draft? 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2010, 03:52 PM   #1
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

NFL 3 Day Prime Time Draft--Love it or Hate It?

Love it, or hate it?

albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:54 PM   #2
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

While I used to love the day long affair, I think this one makes it even more of an event. The 2nd Round tonight feels like a big deal, where I'm not sure it ever was before. So, I'm with it.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I agree. What I didn't anticipate, but really enjoy, is having time to really think about the second round.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:56 PM   #4
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Hate it. It tied up a TV at the bowling center last night while the NHL playoffs were going on.

What better, a live sporting event or listening to hours of WHY JIMMY CLAUSEN AINT DRAFTED YET? Outside the Clausen household, who gives half a shit?

Edit: I guess I need to understand that I'm clearly not the audience that the draft is looking for anyway. I'm more than happy to have the teams do the draft over a conference call and then have the full results posted online when it's over. I'm not really into the "event" they've made this out to be.

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 04-23-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:56 PM   #5
path12
Coordinator

Voted trout due to no 'not sure yet' option. I did enjoy last night.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:57 PM   #6
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I liked how quickly it moved, but obviously that could have been done without chopping it up into 3 days and putting it in prime time.

I'm assuming there will be a ton of trades at the start of tonight's portion, which could be fun. I never really watched day 2 (now day 3), so Saturday's portion doesn't really matter to me.

One thing that I kinda like about this is that I'm able to watch more of it. The older I got, it was impossible to spend an entire day watching the draft. This is basically how I feel about the games - I rarely am able to watch much on Sunday afternoons, so most of my viewing is Sunday and Monday nights. So this fits better with where I am in life these days (no longer a college student or a family-free adult with plenty of time on my hands).
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:01 PM   #7
SteveMax58
College Starter

I dont actually hate it (even though that's my vote)...but I voted hate it because I thought I would hate it. While I think I still prefer it at 1pm on Saturday (1st rd)...it is definitely different and I can't quite tell whether I hate it or not.

I definitely miss starting up the ribs at 10 am, starting on a beer at 11:59am-ish, and waiting for it to start. Now...starting at 4pm (or whenever it started last year or the year before...cant recall)...that was complete BS. This is definitely better than that...but I recall the early Saturday afternoons as the best.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #8
spleen1015
Coordinator

I've never managed to finish the 1st round before. All of the trades last night made it more exciting for me. My wife was also into it for some reason. She stayed up to see the Colts pick and she's usually in bed before 9.

Did they change the length of the clock for 1st round picks this year from 15 minutes? Maybe it is the NBA that is 15 in the 1st?

I am looking forward to tonight as well. I don't know if that is because of the format or not.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:04 PM   #9
Thomkal
Head Coach

I hated it was on Thursday night against so many other things I watch regularly. Would prefer it to be Friday night for Round 1. I do like the excitement and talk about the start of Round 2 which you wouldn't have had with the way the old draft was done.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote