Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-27-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

It ain't over...

till it's over...

From what I understand it's the championship gae for this league. The team with the white uniforms hit a shot with 0.6 seconds left to give thm a 2 point lead and the celebration begins.

Problem is there was 0.6 seconds left and the team in the black uniforms hit a miracle three to win the game while the team in white was celebrating.

It's a little confusing but you can see around the 4 minute mark the team in black watching the shot while the other team was celebrating. About 30 seconds later they show a replay of the shot.

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:17 PM   #2
tarcone
Coordinator

I just saw this. It is in the former Yugoslavia basketball league that is on par with the NBA in the USA.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:30 PM   #3
Groundhog
Coordinator

Yah, saw this earlier. Aussie big (and former Nebraska Cornhusker) Aleks Maric was on the winning side.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:10 AM   #4
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Hmm...I've seen this before...let me think...let me think...ah, yes...here it is:

I had blocked it from my memory. Thanks for bringing it back up again....
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:27 AM   #5
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
Hmm...I've seen this before...let me think...let me think...ah, yes...here it is:

A little different in that the shot wasn't hit while the other team was celebrating.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:30 AM   #6
TroyF
Coordinator

Was there a time out between shots? If there wasn't a time out, the team in white should have been assessed with about 4 technical fouls for having extra players and staff on the floor during the game.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:33 AM   #7
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Was there a time out between shots? If there wasn't a time out, the team in white should have been assessed with about 4 technical fouls for having extra players and staff on the floor during the game.

Nope, no timeout before the winner. I was thinking the same with everyone on the court.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:49 AM   #8
Sgran
High School Varsity

How about the cameras missing the greatest final shot in basketball history!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:09 AM   #9
whomario
Pro Starter

wow ... I read an article on it, first time a see video.

For Cibona (white) to hit 2 great shots like they did to come back and get the lead and then get beaten that way ... But prematurely celebrating is never a good idea, you´ve got to know there´s time left

Did anyone pay attention to the giant (7´6) bearded guy from Partizan (No 33) ? That´s Slavko Vranes, who was drafted for the Knicks a few year back and played 3 minutes in a single game (not even for the Knicks but the Blazers)
Never would have thought he´d ever play on any higher level, but here he is anchoring one of the best defensive teams in Europe
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:23 AM   #10
TroyF
Coordinator

whomario,

I don't feel bad for Cibona at all. I understand the refs can't unfairly penalize a team for their fans, but there should have been a 2 shot technical foul called on every member of the team or staff who set foot on that court to celebrate with time left on the clock in a live game.

I said 4 earlier, but watching the video I think there could have been as may as 8 technical fouls called, with 16 total FT attempts in total. I think this is one of those "ball don't lie" kind of things.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:38 PM   #11
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

One of the star players for Partizan is former University of New Orleans star player Bo McCalebb. Go Partizan!!
Old 04-29-2010, 01:04 PM   #12
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post

Is this now the thread where we post buzzer beating, long range shots that beat our alma maters? Ok, then...

Fuck Kevin Nixon.

Of course, without that shot, we wouldn't have been the first team in the 64 team era to beat a #1 seed in the second round when we beat Kansas...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote