Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-29-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

More Excel 07 Help: Pivot Table

Ok, I'm pulling my hair out on this. I've generated a pivot table of equipment required for an upcoming project and I have several cells displaying (blank), which looks terrible. Now I could go through and put ="" or a space in all the cells to get rid of the (blank) but I feel like there is an option I could just toggle to do this for me.

To try explain this better (I showed a little table of what it looks like at the bottom with the primary column in bold) I have one column with the primary instrument description and another column with the secondary description when an instrument requires several separate parts. Some of the instrument have several parts, and they display fine (like the sludge sampler below), but ones that don't (weather station) display a blank. I tried going into options and toggling the for empty cells show field, but it doesn't do anything and this is driving me nuts. So I'm just hoping someone out there knows the solution to this. Thank you, thank you, thank you in advance.

Weather Station
(blank)
2" Sludge Sampler
2" x 1' Liner
End Caps
Core Catcher
Brush
Body

nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
Logan
Head Coach

I have no idea. When I end up creating pivot tables, I usually just copy all the data, then do a Paste Special -> values and then make the tables look nice, format it how I want, etc
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:10 PM   #3
bryce
High School Varsity

Under your equipment row label (or whatever your row label is), there should be a drop down - the default is set to all boxes being checked - just uncheck the 'blank' option.

You'll want to make sure, though, that all future refreshes include new equipment options, so go to Field Settings, look at the Subtotals & Filters tab, and make sure the 'Include new items in manual filter' option is checked.
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote