Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #1901
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Lets work through it, CR.

Scenario #1: GE = cunning and we end up lynching a villager today.
6-2 now
goes to 5-2 with bad lynch
goes to 4-2 with night kill (assuming it is not GE)
tomorrow we lynch GE and he is cunning, 4-1
night kill leads to 3-1
and we have to get the brutal that day or we lose

Scenario #2: GE = villager and we lynch him today
6-2 now
goes to 4-2 with night kill
we are left needing to get brutal/cunning without any idea who has either role and a GE runaway would have proved nothing in terms of getting next wolf

Scenario #3: we lynch a wolf today that turns out to be cunning. GE = 100% cleared the rest of the way, hunt for last wolf is easier as we can afford two misses.

Scenario #4: we lynch the brutal today, and if GE is still around in morning we go after him as cunning. Even if that is wrong, we still have a day left.

I'm sure there are a couple of other scenarios, but I don't see one where leaving GE to tomorrow hurts our cause if he is in fact a wolf. It is only if he is a villager and the person we lynch today is a villager that we are hosed. But if that is case, weren't we going to be hosed lynching GE and then the other person? I just don't see what new info we would learn, barring a close vote that involved a villager/wolf showdown.

Yes, explained very well
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #1902
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #1903
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Lets work through it, CR.

Scenario #1: GE = cunning and we end up lynching a villager today.
6-2 now
goes to 4-2 with night kill (assuming it is not GE)
tomorrow we lynch GE and he is cunning, 4-1
night kill leads to 3-1
and we have to get the brutal that day or we lose

Scenario #2: GE = villager and we lynch him today
6-2 now
goes to 4-2 with night kill
we are left needing to get brutal/cunning without any idea who has either role and a GE runaway would have proved nothing in terms of getting next wolf

Scenario #3: we lynch a wolf today that turns out to be cunning. GE = 100% cleared the rest of the way, hunt for last wolf is easier as we can afford two misses.

Scenario #4: we lynch the brutal today, and if GE is still around in morning we go after him as cunning. Even if that is wrong, we still have a day left.

I'm sure there are a couple of other scenarios, but I don't see one where leaving GE to tomorrow hurts our cause if he is in fact a wolf. It is only if he is a villager and the person we lynch today is a villager that we are hosed. But if that is case, weren't we going to be hosed lynching GE and then the other person? I just don't see what new info we would learn, barring a close vote that involved a villager/wolf showdown.

So, like I thought this morning, Pass is the correct play...........correct?
Old 03-04-2011, 08:02 PM   #1904
hoopsguy
General Manager

cougar, I guess we'll find out when EagleFan posts the results. But a lot of people agree with your Pass vote tonight.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:37 PM   #1905
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I am not convinced that Pass is a wolf. He has been playing suspiciously throughout the game. At this point, I really don't know who the wolves are. I still have some suspicion of almost every player in the game.

Voting for Pass at this point makes me look suspicious if he does come back as a wolf. If I go another direction and he comes back a villager, then I am not sure what that says either. So, essentially, I am going to be under scrunity no matter what direction I go, just like Pass last night.

So I am going to vote by my gut and what my gut has been telling me all along

VOTE NTNDEACON
Old 03-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #1906
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

14 minutes to deadline for those that need it.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #1907
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Pass - ntndeacon (1811) hoopsguy (1877) PackerFanatic (1886) mckerney (1896)
GoldenEagle - Chief RUm (1815)
ntndeacon - GoldenEagle (1905)
Old 03-04-2011, 09:03 PM   #1908
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Looking forward to EF getting back. I will probably be in bed, so I will catch up in the morning.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:03 PM   #1909
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Oh, right, we don't get results today. Well, hopefully the duke saved our butts.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:05 PM   #1910
Passacaglia
Coordinator

And sorry I haven't been very involved in the game lately -- I pretty much felt like I was being attacked personally, and that basically made me not want to do anything game-related.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #1911
cougarfreak
College Starter

I'll definitely be in bed......I'm beat from a long week.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:33 PM   #1912
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Going to start processing the results. It'll be a few as it look like I have a lot to go through.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:25 AM   #1913
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The Teams are underway as they all start making their way toward Frankfurt.

During the travel we see Chief Rum and hoopsguy discussing the race. It seems they have some not so good intentions for a couple other teams on the race.

"I can't wait to see CrimsonFox's face..."

"Yeah...." (laughter)

"What about Autumn, this should wipe that goofy smile off his face..."

As we see Team Reebok talking we can see that the Team Fembot isn't the only team looking to play a little dirty....

"That animal team won't know what hit them..."
Old 03-05-2011, 12:30 AM   #1914
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

CrimsonFox and GoldenEagle arrive at the roabblock first. The challenge involves driving a test vehicle on a high speed course ad beating the time limit. If the player does not beat the time they must try again. If another team arrives during that time they must alternate turns if not successful.

CrimsonFox takes the challenge for his team and he does a phenominal job. He has what will end up being the fastest time of the day in the challenge.

Team Fembot arrives followed shortly by Team Reebok. It will be hoopsguy versus ntndeacon as the two teams begin the challenge.

hoopsguy seems to pick it up in training faster then ntndeacon and she takes the first run at it. She makes it the first time.

ntndeacon misses the time by just one second and must attempt a second time. He is successful and they are on their way.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:33 AM   #1915
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

JAG and mckerney arrive next and drama begins. mckerney begins to sob uncontrollably and is having flashbacks to a traumatic event from Grease.

He begs JAG to do the roadblock and he finally agrees. It takes him a couple attempts but they are finally on their way.

Shortly after they finish mauboy1 and Danny arrive. Mauboy1 does the challenge and finishes on thei first try. They have made up some time as they head for the detour.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:34 AM   #1916
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
And sorry I haven't been very involved in the game lately -- I pretty much felt like I was being attacked personally, and that basically made me not want to do anything game-related.

Sorry for my part in that, Pass. I know I have treated you roughly. I wasn't the one who called you a dick, but I certainly said some less than nice things. I will say that my comments weren't intended to be personally insulting, but a frustrated commentary on the approach you took in arguing with me. I found it a little insulting to my intelligence that you would go to the point of semantics on my use if one word in a post a whole day before. Being that picky showed me you had no interest in a rational discourse.

But I shouldn't have let that get to me, so I apologize for reacting less agreeably to your argumentative style.

As to my comments regarding your stubborness and my impression you were unwilling to consider logical arguments, I stand by my words there as fair commentary.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:38 AM   #1917
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Oh yeah, and before anyone says anything, yes, I recognize I am just as guilty, if not more so, of being stubborn as Pass is.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:43 AM   #1918
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Team ColorAnimal arrives at Drink It first, followed very shortly after by Team Fembot. Both teams make extremely quick work of the task. It seems they all have spent plently of time in a pub.

While they are drinking Team Reebok arrives at the river Main and begin looking for th next clue. We see them walk past a marker but very shortly after they decide to go back and look again and they find it. They are on their way but have lost a little time.

JAG and mckerney arrive at Drink It and mckerney is arguing with the people in the area about having to drink beer. He wants it to be an Appletini. After his tantrum JAG calms him down and they eventually decide to try the other detour and go to Find It.

While trying find it mckerney slips into a muddy embankment and begins to rant about the network paying for his dry cleaning.

Danny and mauboy1 arrive at Drink and and both down their beers in quick fashion. They have traveled very well through this leg and have made up a lot of time in all aspects of this leg, travel and event.

Back at the river Main JAG and mckerney have gone looking for a dry cleaner...
Old 03-05-2011, 12:45 AM   #1919
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

We see two teams show up near the pitstop at about the same time.

Chief Rum and hoopsguy jump from their cab and run for the pitstop....

CrimsonFox and GoldenEagle do the same....

We have a foot race between them.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:47 AM   #1920
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Then CimsonFox tumbles to the ground and GoldenEagle stops to help him back up. We hear hoopsguy and Chief Rum giggling as they continue towards the mat.

hoopsguy and Chief Rum, you are the first team to arrive.

Minutes later...

CrimsonFox and GoldenEagle, you are team number two.

Team Reebok arrives shortly after as team number three.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:49 AM   #1921
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

We see the next team running for the mat; the camera focuses and we see that it is Danny and mauboy1...

Danny and mauboy1, you are the 4th team to arrive.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:51 AM   #1922
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Cue the sad music as JAG and mckerney run towards the mat.

As they arrive mckerny hands Phil a receipt for their cleaning and demands that the network pay up.

JAG and mckerney, you are the last team to arrive.

I am sorry to tell you but you have been eliminated from the race.

JAG is completely out of the game.

mckerney is still in the werewolf portion of the game.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:09 AM   #1923
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

After the leg of the race you meet yet again, determined to find another mole.

You first start to look at GoldenEagle but soon decide that Passacaglia must be a mole. The interogation begins and you finally notice something. A mol on Pasacaglia's face...

He confesses everything....

Passacaglia was Cindy, the cunning.

Passacaglia is now completely out of the game.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:13 AM   #1924
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Later in the evening you happen so notice another person walking around in that familiar T-shirt. It's GoldenEagle.

GoldenEagle was a vanilla villager.

He is still in the race but has no remaining additional effort to use and their team has lost their remaining aggression as both members are now out of the WW portion of the game.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:18 AM   #1925
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Race Standings
1st - Team Fembot
2nd - Team ColorAnimal (+0:05)
3rd - Team Reebok (+0:55)
4th - Team Six (+3:25)
Old 03-05-2011, 01:32 AM   #1926
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

When you are allowed to begin you will start at Frankfurt and travel to Niagara Falls in Canada. From there...

You have a clue to the Roadblock.
Who has fast hands and good concentration? Requires Mental and Physical.

Fast Forward (this clue will be at the location of the roadblock)...
Over the falls.
- We have secured a high tech barrell built for two.
- Get in the barrell and go over the falls.
- If you survive you may go directly to the pit stop.

You have a clue to the Detour.

Sweep it: Curl a stone into the target area. Requires physical and mental.
- Each player must curl a stone into the target area while the other player sweeps.
- Must take turns until they have each played one stone into the target area.

Follow it: Find the clue. Requires Travel and Mental.
- Using a GPS locator the team must find the clue located somewhere within the city.
- Could be quick if you can understand how to read the GPS and what it is telling you.

Pit Stop - Goat Island
Old 03-05-2011, 01:33 AM   #1927
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

If you want to attempt the fast forward include it in your writeup. Only the first team to accomplish the roadblock will get to skip the tasks.

It is a risk so it is up to you to decide if you want to risk it.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:52 AM   #1928
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All right, mea culpa. You guys were right and big time congrats for nabbing the cunning in Pass. I'm never trusting Pass again. Sorry for not following along; I just didn't think it was the right percentage play.

I am certain you guys will come after me now. You will be lynching a villager if you do.

The good news, though, is that you have the room to do it, thanks to getting the cunning tonight. So if you guys want to lynch me, I understand (although I'll stay argue until I am blue in the face that I am a villager).

I think I have been way off in this game. Hopefully I can bounce back in the next one.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:01 AM   #1929
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Danny and Hoops, you guys are absolute geniuses.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:12 AM   #1930
Danny
Head Coach

Hell yeah!
Old 03-05-2011, 03:12 AM   #1931
Danny
Head Coach

Great job guys!
Old 03-05-2011, 03:14 AM   #1932
Danny
Head Coach

Oh and not sure how in the world Mau and I are still in this race, but I am glad I get to contribute in helping to find the last wolf.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:19 AM   #1933
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

So am I really seeing this right? Has this whole Chief vs Pass thing been just one huge fake fight between two wolves? Wow Bravo for the acting. And why take out GE now? That was odd. And I think I know why. Now we have no more points left and so hoops and CHief Rum can charge toward the finish line. Hmmmm, another Chief RUm powerplay?

And for the record Pass, I never called you a dick, but you know that. I've been observing your and Chief's heated comments toward each other as really extreme and rude and I said borderline being dickish (meaning being rude to each other). But I do understand that's in the context of the game and that you are playing each other, especially now that I know you were the cunning. Hell you were playing us as the village too and you are no doubt playing us now. And I really almost fell for it. The lucky thing was I could not do anything about it as I had no vote. As I might not have voted for you today. That was come great acting dude. I dont buy it especially since you guys were shouting tooth and nail at each other and suddenly you perceive someone calling you something and get offended? That does not add up. But that was very very shrewd. I like the aggressive wolf play.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:21 AM   #1934
Danny
Head Coach

So we're now 5-1

We have the duke in the game and possibly a wannabee. We're in pretty good shape at this point.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:22 AM   #1935
Danny
Head Coach

They killed GE because he was going to be 100% cleared
Old 03-05-2011, 03:28 AM   #1936
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Wait A Fast Forward! The Rob Wannabe is using his fast forward abilitiy!
Old 03-05-2011, 03:34 AM   #1937
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

So that means that ntndeacon is mostlikely the Rob Wannabe considering he is the only member alive from the 3rd and 4th place teams.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:27 AM   #1938
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Dear village,

Please vote Chief Rum the wolf out so we can win. His "apology" post to pass absolutely proves it to me. (on top of all his voting)
Old 03-05-2011, 06:42 AM   #1939
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Well, that is just mean.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:17 AM   #1940
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

We even submitted a somewhat trying to be suicidal race to the finish line.. but apparently we did the leg too well for us to die yet. LOL
Old 03-05-2011, 07:31 AM   #1941
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

And HIGH FIVE DANNY! We MOVE ON!
Old 03-05-2011, 07:38 AM   #1942
cougarfreak
College Starter

Kinda what I expected...
Old 03-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #1943
Autumn
Head Coach

Very nice. This certainly paints you darkly, Chief. And if you turn up Wolf I will feel very vindicated for having gnawed at you all game.

Sucks that we can't get out of third place. If those damn wolves hadn't offed me ... we'd have you, Fembots, we'd have you!
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:32 AM   #1944
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, I've got one thing to offer on Chief's behalf.

I said in the PMs last night that I was the wannabe, and that I wanted to use the fast forward last night. Now it didn't end up getting processed, perhaps in part because we had a bunch of different PMs we sent Eagle and maybe it wasn't clear enough that we wanted to use it last night. I don't know ... I revealed this about 3.5 hours before deadline, or about the time I posted in thread telling Chief to check his PMs.

So if Chief was a wolf then they would have been picking between two "cleared" villagers, since there was the expectation on Chief's part that I would be revealed in the write-up as the wannabe.

I agree most everything else about Chief looks bad, and that they certainly could have chosen "scanned/clear > looks like villager + wannabe" but I did want to put it out there as an additional data point.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #1945
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, I've got one thing to offer on Chief's behalf.

I said in the PMs last night that I was the wannabe, and that I wanted to use the fast forward last night. Now it didn't end up getting processed, perhaps in part because we had a bunch of different PMs we sent Eagle and maybe it wasn't clear enough that we wanted to use it last night. I don't know ... I revealed this about 3.5 hours before deadline, or about the time I posted in thread telling Chief to check his PMs.

So if Chief was a wolf then they would have been picking between two "cleared" villagers, since there was the expectation on Chief's part that I would be revealed in the write-up as the wannabe.

I agree most everything else about Chief looks bad, and that they certainly could have chosen "scanned/clear > looks like villager + wannabe" but I did want to put it out there as an additional data point.

I don't think that would clear you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Network or Mole

The following roles could be had by either a mole or network player.

Russell Wannabe - This player is a wannabe ruthless player. As long as this player is still "alive" in the werewolf portion of the game they may once setup a "Yield" on a leg of the race. This player will know the details of setting up a yield. The yield is not guaranteed to help the team and could backfire.

Rob Wannabe - This player is a glory hog and wants to be on reality shows as many times as is humanly possible. If this player is still alive in the werewolf portion of the game (and his/her team is still in the race) the Rob wannabe may once setup a fast forward on a leg of a race. Much like the yield, this is not guaranteed to help his/her team and could backfire.

The Sponsor - You love the money gained from advertising on the show and want the show to last longer. While there are already a couple pre determined non-elimination legs you have the ability to select another leg to be one as well (as long as you are still "alive" in the werewolf portion of the game).
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #1946
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Clarification to the Wannabes and the Sponsor. When you select which leg to use your ablity you will be selecting it for the next leg. Example: if you submit it for this deadline the leg that is affected would be the second leg.

It will be known that it has been enacted.

You may submit conditional orders for it (such as, if your team is position x or higher at the end this leg enact it for the next leg).

The clarification of the wanabe roles from the day one questions.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:12 AM   #1947
hoopsguy
General Manager

mckerney, while that is true it would require either:
1.) a combined "neutral" and "wolf" role
2.) multiple wolves left
Old 03-05-2011, 10:20 AM   #1948
Autumn
Head Coach

Hoops, I think that if you put in a fast forward order last night, it applies to the next day, as we see in the next leg's writeup. That's how my sponsor ability worked. Just so you know, I don't think it was a mix-up, you have to send it in a day ahead.

There was no reason to leave GE alive no matter what you did, I think, as GE would be 100% cleared with the cunning reveal. There could at least be some question about you.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:30 AM   #1949
mckerney
Coordinator

[quote=hoopsguy;2434886]mckerney, while that is true it would require either:
1.) a combined "neutral" and "wolf" role
2.) multiple wolves left[/QUOTE

Yes, it would require a neutral wolf, but since we know they can be combined knowing someone has a neutral role doesn't clear them of being a wolf.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #1950
hoopsguy
General Manager

mckerney, do you in any way think that I'm a wolf at this point in the game? Given the events over the last two days?

If not, I don't really think there is a lot worth arguing here.