Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-10-2009, 04:51 PM   #1051
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I realize it comes down to getting a read on things, but I am pretty sure Abe's not a wolf. I could see the Cultist, but not a wolf. I think we're making a mistake lynching him if we're looking for a wolf.

Those of you trying to play up clap's play with Pass are going to far lengths, IMO, to lynch him, when instead you could be looking at other options. It strikes me as odd to see people going for the difficult explanation and moving past the easy one. Occam's razor--clap's probably who he told Pass he is.

Since it is increasingly likely that Pass is who he says he is, too, given no counter reveal Arbitro, we can be sure he's not lying about what clap told him.

Now, I'm not saying we should extend clap's successor trust at all. But I do tihnk he's bought himself a bye on a lynch at least, because unlike most of the rest of us, he actually has some evidence he might be a villager.

I'll admit I haven't focused on other options myself yet, so I would do best tot ake my own advice there.

funny you and I kinda feel the same about Abe in two quick posts on it.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:53 PM   #1052
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

vote Pass king

This one's easy, I'd like to see a vote count...
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:00 PM   #1053
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Here's What Danny did up - revised for Night 2...

Final Day 1 Vote Count:

Pass Jail - 10 - Clap (222), USFL (253), MartinD (261), Hoops (300), path12 (344), Tyrith (366), lerriuqs (372), Pass (380), Jackal (383), BK (395)
BK Jail - 8 - Lathum (177), Render (210), SnDvLs (233), DT (235), saldana (278), CR (295), Danny (349), Kwhit (369)
KWhit Jail - 2 - Autumn (254), Telle (320)
KWhit Lynch - 1 - Schmidty (298)

We don't have too many names to fill here, but it is worth noting that Tyrith stayed off of BK.

Day 2 Final Vote Count:

Abe/Clap Jail - 5 - USFL (528), Telle (618), DT (624), CR (626), KWhit (666)
BK Jail - 4 - Lathum (497), MartinD (527), Sndvls (532), lerriuqs (547)
Abe/Clap Lynch - 3 - Saldana (503), The Jackal (560), BK (698)
Pass Jail - 3 - Tyrith (718), Autumn (770), RendeR (783)
USFL Lynch - 2 - Path (557), Schmidty (558)
KWhit Lynch - 1 - Clap (656)
Telle Jail - 1 - Danny (736)

Tyrith stayed off of Clap here at the end and off of BK once again.

What if we go back to Barkeep now? The question is - jail or lynch?
Old 06-10-2009, 05:10 PM   #1054
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post
What if we go back to Barkeep now? The question is - jail or lynch?

Same sort of thing as with Abe, really. BK's not cleared either, but given the guy he fingered turned out to be an awesome King, he maybe gets the benefit of the doubt for now.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #1055
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

As of 1054

Lynch Abe - 3- Autumn (905), Path (1042), MartinD (1045)
Lynch Autumn - 1 - SnDvls (1050)

CR king - 1 - SnDvls (912)
DT king - 1 - DT (927)
Pass king - 10 - Jackal (1008), CR (1009), Autumn (1016), USFL (1026), saldana (1035), Telle (1038), Path (1042), MartinD (1045), Lathum (1048),Lerriuqs (1053)
Old 06-10-2009, 05:17 PM   #1056
RendeR
Coordinator

King is a runaway, might as well join the race.

VOTE PASS KING

Still not a fan of lynching when we have an alternative. Perhaps we ought to Jail Abe to keep his abilities in check and give the king a shot at clearing him completely?

VOTE JAIL ABE
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:25 PM   #1057
RendeR
Coordinator

I'll be in and out till later. Not feeling real well tonight, bleh.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:29 PM   #1058
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Vote Count (Deadline 11p):

Abe Lynch - 3 - Autumn (905), Path (1042), Martin (1045),
Abe Jail - 1 - RendeR (1056)
Autumn Lynch - 1 - SnDvls (1050)

Yet to Vote: Abe, Barkeep, CR, DT, KWhit, Lathum, Lerriuqs, Pass, Saldana, Telle, Jackal, USFL

King Election (Deadline 7p):

Pass - 11 - Jackal (1008), CR (1009), Autumn (1016), USFL (1026), Saldana (1035), Telle (1038), Path (1042), Martin (1045), Lathum (1048), lerriuqs (1052), Render (1056)
CR - 1 - SnDvls (912)
DT - 1 - DT (928)

Yet to Vote: Abe, Barkeep, KWhit, Pass
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:31 PM   #1059
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

The 7p deadline may conflict with supper tonight I am being told. That action may end up being ran a half hour or so late. The deadline will remain 7p.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:10 PM   #1060
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Thanks to this being a two job day for me, it's tough at the moment to do any real look around for other potential candidates. We're about to put a King in place that I think we can trust, and (supposedly) the main guy who can bust our jail is dead, so the jail option is, IMO, still a safe way to go if you think the lead candidate is actually a villager (as I do).

VOTE JAIL ABE

I'll say again, while Abe might be the Cultist, I am pretty sure he's not a wolf, and would recommend we not rush off to a lynch a guy who actually has more evidence via Pass of being a villager right now than just about anyone else in the game.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:10 PM   #1061
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

King Election (Official Vote Count):

Pass - 11 - Jackal (1008), CR (1009), Autumn (1016), USFL (1026), Saldana (1035), Telle (1038), Path (1042), Martin (1045), Lathum (1048), lerriuqs (1052), Render (1056)
CR - 1 - SnDvls (912)
DT - 1 - DT (928)

Did Not Vote: Abe, Barkeep, KWhit, Pass

Mere weeks after the election of King Schmidty all of Metou has been forced to once turn out at the polls to elect another King. Following King Schmidty will be no easy feat as in his short reign he was able to hunt down and kill The Dark One.

Today in the Great Hall of Kings Passacaglia takes the crown. He is the twelfth man to ascend to the throne.

The story of Passacaglia is perhaps one the most interesting of any king in history. The Story of how this escaped convict was able to win a majority of the votes needed to become king will be told for generations to come.

One major question remains. Will he ever be able to step out of the giant shadow of his predecessor? Only time will tell. Passacaglia will rule all of Metou for the remainder of his life.

Passacaglia has become your king.

1.Barkeep49
2. lerriuqs
3. USFLTechmo
4. Abe
5. MartinD
6. hoopsguy - Vanilla Villager, Killed Night 1
7. Passacaglia - Elected King Day 3
8. Telle
9. The Jackal
10. Danny - Lord Righteous, Killed Night 2
11. Autumn
12. Lathum
13. SnDvls
14. RendeR
15. Chief Rum
16. saldana
17. DaddyTorgo
18. Tyrith - The Dark One, Duked Day 2 by Schmidty
19. path12
20. KWhit
21. Schmidty - Elected King Day 1, Killed Day 2 by Tyrith, Vanilla Villager

Deadline for day 3 is 11p est Wednesday

Last edited by dubb93 : 06-10-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:20 PM   #1062
Passacaglia
Coordinator

My first act as King will be to

VOTE ABE JAIL
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:20 PM   #1063
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well, I voted to lynch him yesterday, but I think people have made a good case for Abe at least having some things that point to him being a villager. If we're dead set on him being the jail/lynch target, I don't see a problem with jailing. He won't be able to use his talk to prisoner ability.. but so what if he's the only prisoner, and Pass can do what he wants and hopefully get a scan hit.

If he's a wolf he's stuck in prison and can't be of much use, and if he's a villager, we're not helping the wolves by lynching him. I understand the drive towards learning something from a lynch, but I'm not sure how much his lynch would tell us about other players. I suppose I'm good with either option, but:

VOTE ABE JAIL
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:21 PM   #1064
Passacaglia
Coordinator

It seems like Abe is a runaway, and that's fine, but I don't think killing him now is the right move. I think having him hang out in jail for a while will be fine, in hopes that we scan him. I'm also curious to see if he breaks himself out.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:23 PM   #1065
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

VOTE ABE JAIL

I have no better option right now and I'm not sure if I'll be around at deadline.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:41 PM   #1066
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I have dinner, a drink, and finally got back from work. Let me get caught up with the game and then check and see what's what.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:04 PM   #1067
Autumn
Head Coach

I don't think Abe's a great target, I agree with Chief that the most likely explanation is that he's what he told Pass he was. The fact that he was involved in strange circumstances (plus Clap's odd play) is putitng him in teh spotlight but he has more going for him than most of the rest of us in terms of evidence of good.

I was thinking about this while putting the kids to bed and planning on coming back and looking through the thread at Sndvls and KWhit, two folks who had pinged my wolfdar a bit. I come back to find that Sndvls is targeting me. I hate to get into a back and forth there really. And since I suspect that Abe's good, I imagine the wolves are happily riding this one candidate train.

I really want another candidate, so I'm going to look into KWhit for the moment.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:12 PM   #1068
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Same sort of thing as with Abe, really. BK's not cleared either, but given the guy he fingered turned out to be an awesome King, he maybe gets the benefit of the doubt for now.
I don't think it should. Often when I play a wolf I'll be able to trust a villager. I know you hate statements like that, but it happens to be the truth, though I wish it weren't.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:13 PM   #1069
Barkeep49
Coordinator

BTW here we are again going down the jail route. Why? I just don't get this course of action after we've already failed with it.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:14 PM   #1070
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
BTW here we are again going down the jail route. Why? I just don't get this course of action after we've already failed with it.

What? Didn't it work exactly as we hoped, with someone mostly cleared in at King?
Old 06-10-2009, 07:15 PM   #1071
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, I didn't turn up anything on KWhit so I don't know where my hunch came from. Besides the fact that he's one of four people that iddnt' vote for a king today. I hate to have non-voters, it's just helping the wolves out if the non-voters are all villagers.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:19 PM   #1072
Autumn
Head Coach

Am I right in thinking that Saldana is unusually quiet this game. I don't have him pegged as a quiet player yet he's right down there with Martin and Lerriuqs and USFL.

I'm having a hard time this game as it seems so many people are playing fairly quiet, there's not much to go on.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:22 PM   #1073
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, hate to take up everybody's time like this but I've decided on a route to go. DaddyT is pinging my radar the most looking back through the thread. He's been around but not contributing a lot, a large percentage of his comments have been post-padding fluff. That doesn't seem at all like what I usually expect from him.

That's all I'm really going on but I'd like to see some action around another candidate so I want to get someone out there.

VOTE TO SEND DADDY TORGO TO JAIL
Old 06-10-2009, 07:22 PM   #1074
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

As I've been saying most of the game, not knowing what the mechanics are makes it hard for me to come to any sort of conclusion about anyone. I'm not happy with the jailing idea now because of the breakout, so I'll go with....

VOTE LYNCH ABE
USFLTecmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:28 PM   #1075
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

+eleventy hundred billion.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:29 PM   #1076
Autumn
Head Coach

We failed in what sense? That we now have a cleared King instead of a dead villager?
Old 06-10-2009, 07:35 PM   #1077
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote Lynch Autumn

I am with sndvls, I think he has been all over the place, in the last 3 posts he has said he is focusing on KWhit, Saldana has been unusually quiet and then voted for DT. makes no sense.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:37 PM   #1078
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
We failed in what sense? That we now have a cleared King instead of a dead villager?

We don't have a cleared king. We have a king who we think has the best chance of any of us of being good. Who cleared him?
Old 06-10-2009, 07:41 PM   #1079
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Vote Lynch Autumn

I am with sndvls, I think he has been all over the place, in the last 3 posts he has said he is focusing on KWhit, Saldana has been unusually quiet and then voted for DT. makes no sense.

It makes no sense unless you actually read the posts. Clearly I was looking back through the threads looking for suspects. I explained my thoughts on KWhit. I noted that Saldana was quiet. Then I looked back at DT's posts and decided to vote for him. I believe that's called playing Werewolf, but blast away.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:42 PM   #1080
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
We don't have a cleared king. We have a king who we think has the best chance of any of us of being good. Who cleared him?

Unless someone comes out and counter reveals I think he's as good as cleared as we can get. Although with the number of inactive players we have I suppose it's possible someone will show up tomorrow and tell us they're Arbitro.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:45 PM   #1081
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

This vote is not valid.

Last edited by dubb93 : 06-10-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:47 PM   #1082
Autumn
Head Coach

VOTE DADDYTORGO JAIL

How's that?
Old 06-10-2009, 07:47 PM   #1083
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Well, hate to take up everybody's time like this but I've decided on a route to go. DaddyT is pinging my radar the most looking back through the thread. He's been around but not contributing a lot, a large percentage of his comments have been post-padding fluff. That doesn't seem at all like what I usually expect from him.

That's all I'm really going on but I'd like to see some action around another candidate so I want to get someone out there.

You need to unvote Abe lynch (905) first.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #1084
Autumn
Head Coach

Thanks, Telle. It's voting by trial and error here I guess.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #1085
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Abe should be able to verify everything I've said, but I don't have any read on whether he's good or not.

I haven't finished, but I can confirm all of this, mostly. I can confrim that my role is to release a prisoner once, and after doing that, I lose my abilities to talk with prisoners, so I am now just a vanilla villager. Apparently, I shot my wad early before awakening to a much sexier, blonder, and more Norweigan body that I have now.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:49 PM   #1086
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And vice versa. Well, I told him I was Arbitro, but he might not believe me.

This was forwarded to me, their conversation, but it was Pass telling clap he was, not whether or not I beleive him. Obviously, claphamsa did beleive him.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:49 PM   #1087
Autumn
Head Coach

unvote abe lynch
vote daddytorgo jail
Old 06-10-2009, 07:52 PM   #1088
Barkeep49
Coordinator

But did Pass being in jail really tell us he was Arbito?
Old 06-10-2009, 07:52 PM   #1089
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I haven't finished, but I can confirm all of this, mostly. I can confrim that my role is to release a prisoner once, and after doing that, I lose my abilities to talk with prisoners, so I am now just a vanilla villager. Apparently, I shot my wad early before awakening to a much sexier, blonder, and more Norweigan body that I have now.

why the hell would anyone waste this N2?
Old 06-10-2009, 07:52 PM   #1090
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Can we get a vote count?
Old 06-10-2009, 07:52 PM   #1091
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Overall, I'm getting a good vibe from Pass. His story seems legit. But clap? Not so much. It's hard to not let his odd play from last night color my suspicion, but Tyrith's posts regarding his likely innocence last night weird me out in a major way. He had like 5 posts saying we should move off of clap during the last hour before deadline last night.

I would appriecate it if my role could be somehow separated from the erratic play of claphamsa, whom we all know to be a bit idiosyncratic at times.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:53 PM   #1092
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

No. The fact that nobody else is claiming to be Arbito does.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:53 PM   #1093
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I didn;t make this call, don;t jump on my crotch.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:53 PM   #1094
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

Because his PMs convinced him that Pass was a villager with an important role, I presume. Why wait?
Old 06-10-2009, 07:54 PM   #1095
KWhit
Coordinator

Vote Abe Jail

I still think jailing is the best option.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:56 PM   #1096
Telle
College Starter

How do we know that Abe won't be able to let himself back out of jail? Other than him claiming he can't? We could end up wasting two days jailing him then lynching him.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:56 PM   #1097
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

No, but it keeps him from being dead. And since we're all leaning toward believing he's a villager, it's much better to have him alive than dead at this point.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:56 PM   #1098
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It seems like Abe is a runaway, and that's fine, but I don't think killing him now is the right move. I think having him hang out in jail for a while will be fine, in hopes that we scan him. I'm also curious to see if he breaks himself out.

Well, I think that's a bit pissy because I am almost caught up and then I can;t talk for a day or two or three after doing all of the work to get here.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:57 PM   #1099
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
No. The fact that nobody else is claiming to be Arbito does.
Exactly. I continue to argue that Pass's jailing had NOTHING to do with having a trusted King. I continue to argue we should be lynching.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:57 PM   #1100
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Because his PMs convinced him that Pass was a villager with an important role, I presume. Why wait?

because Pass is in no danger in jail so why waste that ability N2, he wasn't in danger of being lynched, al that was going to happen to him was he would have been jailed.