Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-27-2007, 10:11 PM   #201
Groundhog
Coordinator

Yeah. Chauncey is clearly a big time player, but he just doesn't have that mental edge that the superstars have. No way do these Pistons do anything with him leading the team.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:05 AM   #202
Logan
Head Coach

Threads like this are why I <3 FOFC.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:04 AM   #203
Leonidas
College Benchwarmer

Waiting for the first anti-LeBron troll to try and take a cheap shot at him now. OK, I'll do it for them. Jordan would have scored 60 and gotten the triple double. LeBron is just a cheap hack. And Detroit isn't any good anyway, wait until LeBron plays a real team from the West like Utah. Yeah, that's the ticket.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:17 AM   #204
Leonidas
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiRevival View Post
Let's see. The title of the thread, and the talking point of the intelligent posters here, is an observation about an individual trait in an otherwise very talented players game. LeBron sucks in the clutch. He's done nothing but feed that perception this year. His team went farther than some other star players teams by beating a Washington team that was missing it's two best players and a NJ team that is nothing special. His team is in the conference final of the clearly inferior conference and will be very lucky to win 1 game. No one denies that he has talent and the potential to become one the all time greats, but he is missing a key feature.

Gatorade made a nifty commercial with edited "what if" history that includes Jordan missing the shot over Ehlo. With LeBron, you wouldn't have to edit the video. A jumper at the end for the win means an automatic loss at this point. The addition of that part of his game, if he can do it, would elevate him to his current hype point of all-time great. Right now he's a very good player on a decent team in a bad conference where he doesn't have to make big shots due to the lack of quality competition. Until those big shots at the end go in, he's still not a truly great one.
Would some intelligent posters please tell the rest of us retards what happened last night, we need enlightenment as we dumb people thought LeBron stepped up and had a really big game and was clutch. Or am I too stupid to understand the term clutch? Or did the refs give him the game, or, well, what intelligent rationale is available for intelligent posters to explain what really happened since intelligent posters are the only ones capable of understanding the amazing depth of LeBron's inability to play well in an important game. Please, provide we stupid posters some guidance. Please tell us who we really should look to as a great player in this day and age. Nash? Kobe? Wade? Oh, I foolishly suggested those guys are at home watching TV, putting my stupidity on display for the intelligent posters to ridicule. Maybe we stupid fans who consider LeBron to be a real quality player should convert to be Chauncey Billups fans.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:00 AM   #205
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Wow, I never noticed it, but Billups is averaging 5.67 turnovers per game this series.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:04 AM   #206
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

dola,

I wonder if HiFiRevival ever saw the Cavs-Wizards series last year? You know, the one where LeBron sealed the deal with a game-winning lay-up?
Old 05-28-2007, 04:08 AM   #207
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
dola,

I wonder if HiFiRevival ever saw the Cavs-Wizards series last year? You know, the one where LeBron sealed the deal with a game-winning lay-up?

I'm sure he's seen about the same amount of LeBron in the playoffs this year as with last year - next to none.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:16 AM   #208
stevew
Hall Of Famer

fwiw, I still hate it when Lebron takes fadeaway 3's...hell 3's in general. If, and its a big IF, he can ever get to where he's actually a pure shooter like Jordan or Kobe, he'll be fucking unstoppable. For now, his percentages look good cause he gets quite a few dunks.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:24 AM   #209
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Shit....I had to work and missed the 2nd half of the game....that was a nice Facial on Sheed.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:26 AM   #210
stevew
Hall Of Famer

triple dola....am I wrong to be happy that Larry Hughes may have an injury and miss a game or so.

Last edited by stevew : 05-28-2007 at 05:36 AM.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:32 AM   #211
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
fwiw, I still hate it when Lebron takes fadeaway 3's...hell 3's in general. If, and its a big IF, he can ever get to where he's actually a pure shooter like Jordan or Kobe, he'll be fucking unstoppable. For now, his percentages look good cause he gets quite a few dunks.

The funny thing about this thread is that there are enough flaws in his game at this point that are legitimate that there is no need to go searching for things that just aren't there. Lebron needs to work to get a more consistent jumper. He needs to be more aggressive(selfish?) especially with his current teammates. He needs to be MUCH better at the free throw line. Hell he may have to develop the sixth sense to completely ignore his coach and call his own plays. The idea that he is not "clutch" or is mentally weak flies what we have already seen from him.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:04 AM   #213
mckerney
Coordinator

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
Waiting for the first anti-LeBron troll to try and take a cheap shot at him now. OK, I'll do it for them. Jordan would have scored 60 and gotten the triple double. LeBron is just a cheap hack. And Detroit isn't any good anyway, wait until LeBron plays a real team from the West like Utah. Yeah, that's the ticket.

OMG! LeBron is so bad at and so scared of the final shot he played well enough to beat the Pistons without needing it. LOL, he only went 32-9-9, he didn't hit a big shot people.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:26 AM   #214
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
The funny thing about this thread is that there are enough flaws in his game at this point that are legitimate that there is no need to go searching for things that just aren't there. Lebron needs to work to get a more consistent jumper. He needs to be more aggressive(selfish?) especially with his current teammates. He needs to be MUCH better at the free throw line. Hell he may have to develop the sixth sense to completely ignore his coach and call his own plays. The idea that he is not "clutch" or is mentally weak flies what we have already seen from him.

It's unacceptable for a "superstar" to shoot less than 80 percent from the line. Ideally he should be closer to 85.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:27 AM   #215
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Shaq and Duncan would beg to differ .
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:28 PM   #216
dime
High School JV

Quote:
Fantastic. That's the kind of aggressive, I'm the best on the court and I'll play like it when my team needs it most, play that I've been waiting to see from LeBron. The dunk was great, and he finally realized that Rip Hamilton absolutely cannot defend him 1 on 1. Just pull up over him and hit the 15 foot jumper and Hamilton will be helpless. There is absolutely no reason why he hasn't learned this before. He's got a mediocre team around him and always took bad shots or deferred to teammates late. He finally stepped up and put a team away himself. It's about time he ignored his idiot coach and did what was best for the team. Even a miss in that situation would have been a positive since he didn't take a bad 3 or some weak drive to the rim where he cried about a foul. Just knew the situation and took advantage of it.

Now, more polish on that jumper and you've got an unstoppable player.

"take it easy, champ. why don't you stop talking for awhile."
dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:58 PM   #217
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
triple dola....am I wrong to be happy that Larry Hughes may have an injury and miss a game or so.

Completely justified.

I just hope Brown inserts Gibson in to the lineup over Snow.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:59 PM   #218
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Even a miss in that situation would have been a positive since he didn't take a bad 3 or some weak drive to the rim where he cried about a foul. Just knew the situation and took advantage of it.

Wrong. A miss in that situation would have had you back in this thread crucifying him for being mentally weak.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:34 PM   #219
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Wrong. A miss in that situation would have had you back in this thread crucifying him for being mentally weak.

Wonder if he is going to streak to both ends of the LeBron fan spectrum after every game.

Post count++.

Last edited by jeff061 : 05-28-2007 at 08:34 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:28 PM   #220
Jas_lov
College Starter

As much as Detroit struggled in the 2nd quarter they're only down 7 with a nice run at the end. Billups is the only one scoring tonight for the Pistons while the Cavs are getting contributions from Gooden, Gibson, and Big Z as well as Lebron. Gibson especially did really well getting to the basket. Should be an interesting 2nd half.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:29 PM   #221
dime
High School JV

cavs seemed to be a little too content with being up 7 at the half...
Old 05-29-2007, 09:17 PM   #222
Jas_lov
College Starter

Now it's Cleveland really struggling but they should be happy to only be down by 2. Lebron needs to take over in the 4th like in game 3 if they want to win. Not sure Detroit is going to let that happen though.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:46 PM   #223
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Man LeBron is really something else. He looks great and if he had another good player on his team he would be damn near unstoppable.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:10 PM   #224
RedKingGold
College Starter

Bump for two "clutch" free throws with 4 seconds left to seal the win and tie the series
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:15 PM   #225
Groundhog
Coordinator

Yeah, is he clutch yet, or does the next game where he misses a shot in the final 2 minutes make him non-clutch again?
Old 05-29-2007, 10:16 PM   #226
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, is he clutch yet, or does the next game where he misses a shot in the final 2 minutes make him non-clutch again?

If clutch is something you can magically gain in the middle of the playoffs, he'll be unclutch again shortly.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:18 PM   #227
Passacaglia
Coordinator

well, you can't have a little bit of clutch
and, you can can't hope to acquire clutch
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:29 PM   #228
Groundhog
Coordinator

It might make it easier if the NBA put a 'clutch' rating on the player profile pages.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:35 PM   #229
Atocep
Coordinator

When does Billups get a thread?
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:54 PM   #230
Schmidty
Coordinator

This series is still over. Pistons in 6.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:59 PM   #231
Groundhog
Coordinator

Might go to game 7 if Gibson can score 20 points a game for the rest of the series.

Would be a good year for the Cavs to upset the Pistons though, because I kind of like our chances against the Spurs to be honest.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:35 AM   #232
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:

Let's be honest. He would have been non clutch if Gibson or Gooden had missed any of those shots in the 4th qtr.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:50 PM   #233
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

I think this guy is missing that something special!!!

What a game, LeBron has carried the Cavs on his shoulders and might be able to single handed beat the Pistons.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 05-31-2007 at 10:52 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:51 PM   #234
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Best individual performance I've seen in a meaningful game since Jordan.

Also, the most fun I've had watching a game in several years.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:55 PM   #235
Atocep
Coordinator

I still haven't seen him win a game at the buzzer.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:56 PM   #236
stevew
Hall Of Famer

FOAD bitches. Is that a game winner yet?
Old 05-31-2007, 10:57 PM   #237
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Best individual performance I've seen in a meaningful game since Jordan.

Also, the most fun I've had watching a game in several years.
Yes and yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:57 PM   #238
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Just popping in to say hi.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:57 PM   #239
dime
High School JV

I can't remember seeing such a big game coached this poorly.

that said...

Jordan was never this good. Jordan needed a lot of free throws to score 40, 50 points. James is not getting those calls just yet, he's finishing the play and hitting ridiculous jump shots with two defenders on him 25 feet out.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:57 PM   #240
mckerney
Coordinator

LeBron 18
Detroit 16
Old 05-31-2007, 10:59 PM   #241
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

That was an amazing game by James, he completely dominated.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:00 PM   #242
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

***Ping AMDaily & HiFiRevival***

Last edited by jbergey22 : 05-31-2007 at 11:00 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:00 PM   #243
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dime View Post
I can't remember seeing such a big game coached this poorly.

that said...

Jordan was never this good. Jordan needed a lot of free throws to score 40, 50 points. James is not getting those calls just yet, he's finishing the play and hitting ridiculous jump shots with two defenders on him 25 feet out.

And James won that game practically by himself starting with the 4th quarter. He scored something like 30 of their last 31 points. Detroit didn't really make anyone else have to shoot the ball at the end which was a huge mistake.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:03 PM   #244
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

LeBron just carved his name in NBA Playoff History.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:05 PM   #245
RedKingGold
College Starter

[quote=amdaily;1363990]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice4277 View Post
Ping: WrongWay

Yup. Amdaily can now be among the immortal FOFC legends WrongWay and Bubba Wheels.

Congratulations on this great honor!

RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:14 PM   #246
Radii
Head Coach