Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2022, 04:31 PM   #5301
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The next level stupid has spun so far out of control....

How the Georgia Guidestones became a magnet for conspiracy theorists
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 04:33 PM   #5302
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Jan 6 committee got who they wanted to testify at last-don't know the details yet, but Pat Cippolini has agreed to testify.

In other news Lindsay Graham refuses to testify to the GA Grand jury using the same argument that Trump was never successful with it, "its all political"

Cippolini testified for about 8 hours, so I doubt there was a lot of Pleading the 5th there.
Old 07-08-2022, 05:01 PM   #5303
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Cippolini testified for about 8 hours, so I doubt there was a lot of Pleading the 5th there.

One of the committee members said he did not plead the 5th and they got answers to all questions they could which probably means he did say executive or attorney-client priviledge on some questions.
Old 07-08-2022, 05:24 PM   #5304
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
The next level stupid has spun so far out of control....

How the Georgia Guidestones became a magnet for conspiracy theorists

What a weird story.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 09:25 AM   #5305
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Steve Bannon, ahead of his contempt trial, is saying he is now willing to testify but only if it is on a live broadcast. This seems to be the new strategy. Go live and play to the public.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 10:02 AM   #5306
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Steve Bannon, ahead of his contempt trial, is saying he is now willing to testify but only if it is on a live broadcast. This seems to be the new strategy. Go live and play to the public.

Some pundits on Twitter were seeing this as a defense for Trump in any upcoming trials for him. See I waived executive priviledge for Bannon (even though he doesn't have any now). Not sure how the Committee is going to respond to it. With such an anti democracy and Democratic party stance as he usually has, it would not surprise me if he used it just to continue what was started on the 6th. I can't see them allowing him to do it live.
Old 07-10-2022, 10:06 AM   #5307
Flasch186
Coordinator

I think they ought to invite him

Put together a really slick package of videos, and statements from the members and never ever ask him a question but just make him sit there and watch the overwhelming amount of evidence…

Maybe even put people next to him that will talk about him and the things he said and never ask him any thing or give him the floor the whole time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 11:39 AM   #5308
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:

Makes sense. Cold sobering evidence presented without fanfare is killing them

So try and drag this back to reality TV land.

Committee should just say no. You've got your subpoena. Comply or don't.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 12:59 PM   #5309
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
I think they ought to invite him

Put together a really slick package of videos, and statements from the members and never ever ask him a question but just make him sit there and watch the overwhelming amount of evidence…

Maybe even put people next to him that will talk about him and the things he said and never ask him any thing or give him the floor the whole time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that would kinda defeat the whole fair and balanced approach they have been taking to these hearings wouldn't it? As much as I would like to see that. If it they were going to do it live, they would have to be ready to mute his mic, and make crystal clear before hand that his was a Congressional hearing not his podcast or a trial, and that he was there to answer their questions only.
Old 07-10-2022, 06:07 PM   #5310
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I think they should ship him to Guantanamo and have him answer after water boarding. He's a repugnant vile traitor.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 07:45 PM   #5311
Atocep
Coordinator

It's crazy how far the election fraud nonsense has gotten with zero evidence despite multiple opportunities to do so in court. We had the Wisconsin Supreme Court openly question the validity of the 2020 election and Nebraska, a state that isn't going Dem any time soon, is pushing a resolution requiring all ballots to be hand counted under video surveillance.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 09:05 PM   #5312
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
It's crazy how far the election fraud nonsense has gotten with zero evidence despite multiple opportunities to do so in court. We had the Wisconsin Supreme Court openly question the validity of the 2020 election and Nebraska, a state that isn't going Dem any time soon, is pushing a resolution requiring all ballots to be hand counted under video surveillance.

Almost like the country has a large percentage of fascists who have been looking for an excuse to impose their form of government on others.
Old 07-10-2022, 09:16 PM   #5313
RainMaker
General Manager

This shit is written like a 15 year old high school girl would write a mean letter. How low is the self-esteem and worth of people who see this and think that should be the President.

Old 07-10-2022, 09:24 PM   #5314
PilotMan
Head Coach

Does he know he can't pick and choose who he waives it for? It's sort of an all or nothing gig.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 09:30 PM   #5315
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Does he know he can't pick and choose who he waives it for? It's sort of an all or nothing gig.

You're acting like the executive privilege existed in the first place.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 07-11-2022 at 07:23 AM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 06:17 AM   #5316
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
This shit is written like a 15 year old high school girl would write a mean letter. How low is the self-esteem and worth of people who see this and think that should be the President.
I think we are now seeing a timeline on how and why this is all going down like it did. Saturday's Trump letter "waiving" Executive Privileged proceeded Sundays announcement that Bannon would testify. It seems like they are coming up with a new strategy to try and get their message into the committee, right?

Actually, a filing after midnight from the DOJ gives us another reason. Bannon and Trump wanted to curtail the contempt hearing set for Wednesday because Bannon's attorney lied to the January 6th committee in their filing for refusal to testify. The DOJ wants to the hearing to proceed, and believes Bannon's reversal is in bad faith.

Old 07-11-2022, 06:56 AM   #5317
Thomkal
Head Coach

Looks like he still hasn't produced the documents the Committee wanted either, so hard pass on him appearing
Old 07-11-2022, 03:40 PM   #5318
RainMaker
General Manager

This feels almost abusive making him do this.

Old 07-11-2022, 04:10 PM   #5319
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Looks like he still hasn't produced the documents the Committee wanted either, so hard pass on him appearing

Trump appointed judge shot down all of Bannon's defenses today, except one and ordered the trial to go as scheduled next week, leaving his lawyer to say:

“What’s the point of going to trial if we don’t have any defences”

Also Lindsay Graham lost his appeal to not testify before the GA Grand jury today too, though he still says he's going to fight it.
Old 07-11-2022, 04:18 PM   #5320
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
This feels almost abusive making him do this.

You know I got several concussions playing Football too, but I didn't sound this stupid right after getting them, let alone 40 years later
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 05:05 PM   #5321
BYU 14
Coordinator

The unadultered grifting that people are willing to support is crazy. Check these price packages

400 Bad Request
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 06:35 PM   #5322
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
The unadultered grifting that people are willing to support is crazy. Check these price packages

400 Bad Request

Unless I'm mistaken, the Presidential ($3995) and Congressional ($2995) have the exact same thing in them, right? Do you get anything for your extra $1000?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 08:36 PM   #5323
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Unless I'm mistaken, the Presidential ($3995) and Congressional ($2995) have the exact same thing in them, right? Do you get anything for your extra $1000?

SI

Seating location. You're closer to the shit. That's all I can see.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 03:07 PM   #5324
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Cheney calling out the DOJ. Love it.
Old 07-12-2022, 03:40 PM   #5325
Thomkal
Head Coach

I always make sure to watch Cheney's final statements, cause she always throws a ringer in there-can't wait to see which witness he tried to tamper with.

3 comments about this hearing:

1) Cippolini is still trying to protect the President too much-he was not Trump's lawyer, but White House Counsel-executive priviledge be damned

2)I thought the two witnesses today were effective and wish they had been given more time to speak-I think many of us, myself included have family and friends who were and still are much like the man from Ohio who marched on the Capital thanks to Trump's words. I wish we could have learned more about the OathKeepers as a group and less about its leader.

3)Wishful thinking perhaps, but I was hoping they had direct evidence of Trump meeting with the Proud Boys and other far-righters.

4) Glad the one Congresswoman read the list of Republicans at that meeting. Glad they named the main players in the Rally, wish they had included Ginni Thomas

Last edited by Thomkal : 07-12-2022 at 03:42 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 03:50 PM   #5326
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think the witness he called is likely the former CEO of Overstock. Seems like someone Trump would feel close enough to call and he is probably smart enough to not take the call.
Old 07-12-2022, 03:56 PM   #5327
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
I think the witness he called is likely the former CEO of Overstock. Seems like someone Trump would feel close enough to call and he is probably smart enough to not take the call.

Good thought there, could be right. Was pretty funny when Cippolini didn't even know who he was when he found him meeting with the President with all the other crazies.
Old 07-12-2022, 04:02 PM   #5328
GrantDawg

John, I don't think you should be admitting that.
Old 07-12-2022, 04:23 PM   #5329
Thomkal
Head Coach

Saw on Twitter that after the hearing Ayres shook hands with the Capitol Police witnesses that were there and apologized for what he did on Jan 6.
Old 07-12-2022, 05:25 PM   #5330
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
John, I don't think you should be admitting that.

He said that and didn't even address the statement from Tapper. Anyone can attempt anything, including a coup, with minimal effort. It takes a lot of planning if you want to have a coordinated, efficient, successful coup. If you want it to happen organically, you make sure all the ingredients are in the pot, stir it, and hope it turns out the way you want. Trump was hoping for a combination of the crowd, Pence, GOP state legislatures, and the GOP on the ground in the Capitol to make it happen. This was never going to be a special forces operation, especially "masterminded" by Trump.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 07:40 PM   #5331
Ksyrup

Cool moment.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 07-12-2022, 07:42 PM   #5332
Thomkal
Head Coach

I have another candidate on who Trump tried to intimidate-Deputy press secretary Sarah Matthews, who was subpoenaed recently and before the change in schedule, testify this week I think:

Another top Trump aide agrees to publicly testify before J6 committee: CNN - Raw Story - Celebrating 18 Years of Independent Journalism
Old 07-13-2022, 08:34 PM   #5333
Ksyrup

According to a tweet I just read, the person Trump called is a WH support staff not accustomed to receiving calls from Trump. It happened after Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-13-2022 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-13-2022, 08:52 PM   #5334
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
According to a tweet I just read, the person Trump called is a WH support staff not accustomed to receiving calls from Trump. It happened after Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony.

Well according to a NewsMax host, Trump must have inadvertently "buff-dialed" the person by mistake, so we are all good here.
Old 07-13-2022, 08:53 PM   #5335
Thomkal
Head Coach

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/13/polit...tee/index.html
Old 07-13-2022, 09:02 PM   #5336
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The DOJ has so much to go after Trump on and they wont. Nutless wonders...
Old 07-13-2022, 09:16 PM   #5337
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Cool moment.

ehhhh

Old 07-13-2022, 10:02 PM   #5338
Ksyrup

I don't follow. It's his actions that matter, not whether the guy accepted his apology.
Old 07-13-2022, 10:36 PM   #5339
RainMaker
General Manager

I think his actions might have something to do with an upcoming sentencing hearing. I think we saw his true colors before he potentially faced a year in prison. The guy showed no remorse until he plead guilty and even tried to blame innocent people for his actions.
Old 07-13-2022, 11:26 PM   #5340
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think his actions might have something to do with an upcoming sentencing hearing. I think we saw his true colors before he potentially faced a year in prison. The guy showed no remorse until he plead guilty and even tried to blame innocent people for his actions.

Meh, I think the sheer national view of it meant that it was pretty sincere. There's no way his fellow (former?) Trumpites would accept "I was just trying to avoid jail" as a reason to apologize so publicly after saying the election wasn't stolen to congress.

Forgive? Yes. Forget? No. He still has to face his punishment, but I'm thinking that was general remorse
Old 07-14-2022, 08:24 AM   #5341
Ksyrup

Of course, this report by a bunch of RINOs won't move the needle at all.

New Report from Prominent Conservatives Reaffirms Trump's Loss and Warns of Danger to Democracy from Baseless Claims of Fraud
Old 07-14-2022, 08:31 AM   #5342
Ksyrup

Quote:
Well according to a NewsMax host, Trump must have inadvertently "buff-dialed" the person by mistake, so we are all good here.

The problem with the butt dial theory is that every time someone small like a WH staffer says something Trump doesn't like, he automatically says he didn't know the person. So why would he have their phone number if he barely knew them?
Old 07-14-2022, 08:44 AM   #5343
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Quote:
Several have worked as Republican poll workers or assisted in election day operations monitoring voting. None has shifted to the Democratic Party.

This is the part I find interesting. If Trump wants the nomination it is his. What do these people, and millions of others like them do? Stay home? Third party? Or vote Trump despite all the horrible shit.
Old 07-14-2022, 08:49 AM   #5344
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Most will hold their nose. If nothing else they know the power of having a conservative supreme court and will elect anyone who will keep it that way.
Old 07-14-2022, 10:01 AM   #5345
Ksyrup

It doesn't explicitly say any of them voted for Trump or Clinton/Biden. Likely because they didn't vote Trump - or haven't publicly said who they voted for - and that would invariably draw the "Never Trump" argument against them, making this entire exercise look biased in the minds of those who need the most persuading.
Old 07-14-2022, 12:05 PM   #5346
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I do wonder if after the mid terms the party will make a concerted effort to make him as irrelevant as possible. They have to know the effect he has on the party.
Old 07-14-2022, 12:21 PM   #5347
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
I do wonder if after the mid terms the party will make a concerted effort to make him as irrelevant as possible. They have to know the effect he has on the party.

They absolutely do. They've supposedly talked him out of announcing a 2024 run a couple of times because they're worried about it hurting them in the midterms.

They guy has lost the popular vote twice and lost a senate that is completely stacked to favor their party. The GOP would very likely be in far better shape if he had lost in 2016 and just faded away. They're a minority party that's only holding on because of gerrymandering and electoral college advantages.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 01:12 PM   #5348
Ksyrup

Supposedly Trump is now looking at a September announcement that he's running for President, which I assume would be great news for Dems coming just before midterms. Of course, we also heard he was going to be announcing on July 4th and that didn't happen.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-14-2022 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-14-2022, 01:25 PM   #5349
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Supposedly Trump is now looking at a September announcement that he's running for President, which I assume would be great news for Dems coming just before midterms. Of course, we also heard he was going to be announcing on July 4th and that didn't happen.

I've never quite sure when Trump is playing checkers or when he's just following his basest impulses and picking up a pawn and chewing on it. But every time he threatens to run, does the RNC slip him some money or bend to kiss the ring so he doesn't so he just keeps threatening to do it to get that response?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 01:38 PM   #5350
GrantDawg

I don't know where to put this, but interesting. Correlation isn't causation and all of that.