Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-21-2006, 02:55 PM   #1101
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am leaving for work in a few but since I don't have much to go on I am going to stick with my vote from yesterday.

VOTE CHUBBY
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:57 PM   #1102
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
I think we need to be careful how much we cross up people being busy with them being quiet. Blade is a good enough player that if he were bad he wouldn't make it so obvious, and he really seems to enjoy antagonizing us anyway I've noticed that we keep killing people for being quiet when it's just RL issues, and it's soemthing we need to watch out for.

Him being quiet has nothing to do with it. It is just the way he has been playing while he's been in. Not Blade like. He's yet to accuse anyone. He seems to want to stay under the radar, could be a product of him being killed so early in the past when he plays a bad guy. Also he's been on my ass pretty hard while not coming right out and saying he doesn't trust me.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:59 PM   #1103
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

im still a little suspicious of Dubbs, its not hard for me to believe that he has pulled the wool over our eyes. all he said was that he was the soothsayer and he knows that SnDvls is good. well he could have guessed that and had no harm come to him cause if Sndvls is bad he would have picked up on the lye and recognized a fellow necro right then. if sndvl was good he would have just assumed that Dubbs is telling the truth, and would then believe him.
on top of that the soothsayers role is neutral, which means he could be a necro. im not going to vote for Deebs because odds are he is good, and loosing him would be bad for us, but if he hands me a glass of kool-aid no way in hell im going to drink it
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:01 PM   #1104
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
I think people are making a mistake with barkeep. We see this every game. The people who are most vocal and try to throw out the most things to talk about are the ones taken out early unless they have some method to vouch for themselves.

I haven't seen that much from Barkeep so far that was really far stretches. I think while i have not agreed with all of his points, he definitly has been asking some questions that are important. In fact I think he has been one of the few vocal ones that haven't been steering people to votes blindly. Many others have been assuming alot, voting on those asumptions and saying for folks to just blindly trust them.

Maybe I am being fooled completely here, but the feel I get from barkeep right now is he has been filling the role that hoops does in alot of games as conversation starter. Hoops gets heat many games for it, but its important for someone to pick up that role. If we do not have some direction for our conversations, we will stumble along blindly for days while the bad guys finish us all off.

I guess I am just getting a completely different feel from barkeep than most of you do. I think there are many others who are better choices today than him. I also think there are others who have been much more instrumental in guiding our votes to good guys so far as well.

I have to agree with your assessment by and large, although I'd like to note that the quiet players have been the ones getting killed lately, not the loud ones. After 26 there has been a lot of pressure on the quiet players to speak up, and they've been punished, such as the mckerney/tanglewood Day 1/2 in 27, and all the pressure on swaggs, bek, and such this game. The balance has really started to swing. Yesterday's cronin vote does show some of that, but it's not as bad as it used to be at all.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:03 PM   #1105
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Hey guys...I was just heading back to my home, and noticed a ceremonial dagger lying on the floor. It reminded me of the events last night, that I must have blocked out during my early-morning slumber (i.e., i didn't noticed I had a PM until just now).

I woke up suddenly in the middle of the night, to find that I was being attacked. With an adrenaline rush, I managed to break free. As soon as I started to gain the upper hand, the attacker ran off, and once I got outside, I couldn't find him. This dagger I found (which is ceremonial, so I assume it has no special powers) appears to be something a necromancer would use.

Anyway, I'm glad to be alive, but the whole thing kind of freaks me out. Who would want to kill ME?!?

well well, it looks like someone tried to kill Passacaglia last night. does anyone have a grudge against him?
Old 06-21-2006, 03:20 PM   #1106
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I don't have anything more to go on than I did yesterday after the dubbs reveal. I have no major alarms going off for anyone so I'm going to stick with the person I voted for yesterday since I still haven't seen that much of him (and no post giving a reason why he wouldn't be online). I'm not to sure I agree with the person that said "it may not be beneficial for the wolves to be quiet this game"...

Vote Bek

pending any information that comes out before 10pm EST. I'm very interested in why someone would go after Pass
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:23 PM   #1107
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

"Free Kool-Aid. Any takers?"
Old 06-21-2006, 03:24 PM   #1108
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Him being quiet has nothing to do with it. It is just the way he has been playing while he's been in. Not Blade like. He's yet to accuse anyone. He seems to want to stay under the radar, could be a product of him being killed so early in the past when he plays a bad guy. Also he's been on my ass pretty hard while not coming right out and saying he doesn't trust me.

He did caution us about you pretty hard. Making accusations and really doing all the shit blade does do takes time to read and think about everything. We've made a TON of posts. I think it's possible he's just kinda swamped. Also possible he's trying to do some UTR thing, too, like you said.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:28 PM   #1109
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
"Free Kool-Aid. Any takers?"

Ooh, me! Me! Pick Me!!!

This game is like crack. I can't stay away.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:29 PM   #1110
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
I know hindsight is 20/20 and all, but I'm surprised reading through the events of this morning that NO ONE seemed to pick up on the soothsayer role for dubb until after his role reveal. I mean, no one even suggested it, and it seemed like one of only 4 options (Brothers, Mystic, Bad Guys Corroborating, Soothsayer) for how he knew 100%. Well, like I said, hindsight is 20/20.

I'm not exactly with Lathum on this one though -- while I do agree that the Mystic should do everything they can to stay under the radar at this point, I don't see it as a bad thing that someone else would come out and say they had been scanned. Sure, it might help the necromancers find each other more quickly...but we need information just as badly as they do. If we keep lynching each other, it's technically helping our cause (simply by giving us more information) but at a much slower rate, while helping the necromancers at the same time. So if, as we all seem to believe, you were scanned two nights ago by the mystic and you came out clean, if even ONE more person were to come out about having been scanned and we don't lynch them because of it, that's a victory in my book.

I had guessed Soothsayer, which is why I didn;t want everybody jumping up and down over Dubb and brining more attention to him.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:31 PM   #1111
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
In regards to the guard question, it depends on if the necromancers attack solo or in pairs.

If they attack solo, and attack the bodyguard, then they die. Keep in mind that if they attack the person guarded by the bodyguard, that is going to be attacking the bodyguard. So they die in this case as well.

If they attack in tandem, then the bodyguard fights them off but does not identify the attackers.

Thanks hoops!

-Anxiety

Old 06-21-2006, 03:32 PM   #1112
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Whelp, since Dubb is likely on the up and up, I'm moving back to another target that was briefly touched upon last night.

Vote Saldana

Note: I will not be around for tonight's lynching. May be around for a brief period once I get home from work (at around 5:30ish cst), but that's it.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:33 PM   #1113
Vince
Pro Starter

I just got a call from a buddy of mine from Texas -- he's got a job interview here tomorrow, and he's flying in this evening around 6 PST. I'll probably not be around for the lynch, as we're going out to dinner. Should be around until about 4 or 5 though.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:37 PM   #1114
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

:Gives Vince a free glass of Kool-Aid:

"It's a wonder new invention of mine. I discovered the recipe while I was soothsaying around. Now I'd love to stay around and argue over who's bullshitting who, but I really need to get to this new eatery the Pharaoh opened called Red Lobster. I'll be back to argue semantics later."
Old 06-21-2006, 03:37 PM   #1115
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
I had guessed Soothsayer, which is why I didn;t want everybody jumping up and down over Dubb and brining more attention to him.

-Anxiety

The more I think about it, the more I realize that even if I was here I don't know what I would have done other than say "I don't think we should have a role reveal."
Old 06-21-2006, 03:43 PM   #1116
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Vote Bek

I don't like lynching new guys early, I want them to enjoy their first game, plus you can't assess their gaming style until you have some evidence, but I think its time to push Bek.

Old 06-21-2006, 03:43 PM   #1117
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So in my defense:

I hear what people are saying when they say that this game is different and taht the bad guys have a lack of knowledge just as the good guys do. And to this I sort of go: so what?

Time and time again one strategy, and only 1 strategy, has proven effective at winning games for the humans: Circles of Trust. The look at Schmidty's game, where despite us nailing a whole bunch of bad guys we got killed. We got killed because we could not rely on the information we had. I am somewhat unapologetic about many role reveals if they allow us to start trusting people. I would love if there was another way for the good guys to win the game. But I don't see it. My actions are consistent throughout games: get information out there.

And as has already been stated, the main thing I have tried to do this game is start discussion. In fact in many games I try and start discussion. Now some could argue that I might be trying to start discussion while avoiding certain points. With the exception of my list this morning, I don't think I've tried to steer anyone. I've put out questions. I have made points I think important about the rules. But I haven't tried to steer with that one exception. And even then I "steered" it towards half the players in the game. Hardly useful, as I even said at the time. When Coffee, I believe, disagreed with my list I didn't defned it too hard because it was of such limited use. And that, was my "steering" of the discussion.

Finally for dubb: Yup I missed it. No doubt about it. But I've missed other stuff too. It's why I ask questions.

So that's what I have to say. I don't really have anybody in mind today, I have more people who I do trust, rather than people who I don't trust. So I don't know where my vote is going.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:45 PM   #1118
kingfc22
Head Coach

Gah, not much has been covered since I was last on. I have to work again today, but should be here for the deadline on thursday and friday.

I'm going to leave my vote on saldana since I don't really have any other feelings other than barkeep.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:45 PM   #1119
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Vote Bek

I don't like lynching new guys early, I want them to enjoy their first game, plus you can't assess their gaming style until you have some evidence, but I think its time to push Bek.
Bek hasn't played in a while, but it's not his first game. He's said a couple of times he has some ideas. I know I'd love to hear what they are.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:48 PM   #1120
Tyrith
College Starter

Bleh. For lack of better options right now. I'd rather keep the more talkative players in the game for entertainment and informational reasons.

VOTE BEK
Old 06-21-2006, 03:50 PM   #1121
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I thought he was new because I hadn't ever read a game with him.

I'm happier voting for him now, so thanks!

I still want to push him, though, just to see what happens. Maybe he'll give those ideas, maybe not.

-Anxiety

Old 06-21-2006, 03:51 PM   #1122
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
well well, it looks like someone tried to kill Passacaglia last night. does anyone have a grudge against him?

I have no idea. I don't think I make a very good lynch candidate, either. The only one I've really spoken out against is Barkeep, and I don't think he would really be blunt enough to go after me -- even though, I voted for him Day 1, didn't say anything about him Day 2, and I get attacked Night 2, then it's not until Day 3 that I vote for him again. Maybe it's another necro trying to cast suspicion on Barkeep?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:52 PM   #1123
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
I have no idea. I don't think I make a very good lynch candidate, either. The only one I've really spoken out against is Barkeep, and I don't think he would really be blunt enough to go after me -- even though, I voted for him Day 1, didn't say anything about him Day 2, and I get attacked Night 2, then it's not until Day 3 that I vote for him again. Maybe it's another necro trying to cast suspicion on Barkeep?

I meant assassination candidate, not lynch candidate.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:52 PM   #1124
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Let's be clear: You disagree with me on the role reveal of the EG. Doesn't make me want to kill you
Old 06-21-2006, 03:53 PM   #1125
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I meant assassination candidate, not lynch candidate.
Wouldn't be surprised since I am an easier target being such a "quiet" player and all
Old 06-21-2006, 03:55 PM   #1126
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I think a lot of antagonist strategy in any game is to kill some randoms that cannot be connected to anyone. You winnow the herd while also getting a shot at hitting the important role players that stay silent early in teh game.

-Anxiety

Old 06-21-2006, 04:00 PM   #1127
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Let's be clear: You disagree with me on the role reveal of the EG. Doesn't make me want to kill you

We disagree on what we disagree on. I disagree with you on the role reveal of the ruling class -- I *thought* you said you weren't pushing for the role reveal on the EG.

And like I said, I don't think you'd kill me for it -- I just think you're the only person I've come even close to accusing.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:06 PM   #1128
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
I think a lot of antagonist strategy in any game is to kill some randoms that cannot be connected to anyone. You winnow the herd while also getting a shot at hitting the important role players that stay silent early in teh game.

-Anxiety

The strategy works too. It was what I was thinking during 26. You get rid of the players that aren't likely to tremendously impact the choice of the consensus target(s) during the day and that haven't fessed up to their roles yet, and then either let or provoke the talkative players into barking up the wrong tree a lot of the time, buying time to kill people at night. There is a reason why talkative players get left in the game sometimes.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:12 PM   #1129
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Dubb, you have been just as out of character as well. I openly admit ive been quiet, but its RL stuff and not on purpose. Im here for 3 hours if you want to play
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 04:15 PM   #1130
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
So I did some research.

There was a lot of discussion about cronin on D1. This was pretty helpful. Now granted much of it was discussion of the early pile on about him, but still helpful. The following players, from my not too detailed but still OK reserach, commented on cronin specifically:
Blade (who cast the first vote before cronin voted suspiciously)
Anxiety (cast first vote after cronin voted suspiciously
Barkeep (questioned suspicious vote)
Saldana (questioned explanation of suspicious vote)
Chubby (votes for cronin in retaliation)
Schmidty (Votes for cronin in retaliation)

King, SnDvls, Alan and Blade all are pretty upfront about questioning why there was such an early pile on cronin.

So I'm willing to eliminate everyone from that group, for the time being, of being the head necro except for Blade. Blade comes right off the bat voting for cronin. Later backs away and asks aghast. This seems like good cover to me.

I am also excusing Tangle as there is no indication he got on anytime during day 1/night 1, whether to submit a night order or day vote. I am also excusing path as I do not believe the pharoah also would start as the head necro, though that is a bit more of a logical leap. But I wish to have a more managable list and so for the time being I am willing to do that. So that leaves, in my mind, the following candidates to be head necro:
2. Passacaglia
7. Dubb
11. Lathum
12. Coffee Warlord
13. bulletsponge
14. Qwikshot
15. Tyrith
16. Bek
17. Blade6119
19. Vince

Now some of those people I feel more suspicous about then others, but it is, for me, a starting point for today at least until more info is known.
Day one i voted for cronin becuase he made a tom brady joke(which, like the trout joke, i just dont find funny). Then a pile on him comes, which i dont like and dont see a reason for. I end up swinging it to swaggs instead of pushing for cronin when we had him by the throat.

Then, day 2, i neither am around or have any mention of cronin. I literally dont show up until 10 minutes till the deadline, making me silencing him or leading the charge to kil him utterly and entirely impossible....come on BK...
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:19 PM   #1131
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Hey guys...I was just heading back to my home, and noticed a ceremonial dagger lying on the floor. It reminded me of the events last night, that I must have blocked out during my early-morning slumber (i.e., i didn't noticed I had a PM until just now).

I woke up suddenly in the middle of the night, to find that I was being attacked. With an adrenaline rush, I managed to break free. As soon as I started to gain the upper hand, the attacker ran off, and once I got outside, I couldn't find him. This dagger I found (which is ceremonial, so I assume it has no special powers) appears to be something a necromancer would use.

Anyway, I'm glad to be alive, but the whole thing kind of freaks me out. Who would want to kill ME?!?
Does your role influence this? I mean, did you expect this to happen(like favoured), or was it just odds. And he really left his knife? Thats odd.
Demotivation
Old 06-21-2006, 04:22 PM   #1132
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Does your role influence this? I mean, did you expect this to happen(like favoured), or was it just odds. And he really left his knife? Thats odd.

Did I expect to survive an attack? No. From the rules, if one necro attacks solo, he has a 50% chance of making the kill. I assume I got lucky.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:22 PM   #1133
path12
Coordinator

I'm going to be gone for at least a few hours, hope to be back in time for lynch tonight.

To get a vote in the meantime, I'm just going with the person who seems most suspicious, I don't have a lot of reasons but he does seem to know more about this game than he might for his experience level:

Vote bulletsponge
Old 06-21-2006, 04:32 PM   #1134
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Blade: I didn't realize that Tom Brady was a votable offense. I wasn't trying to stretch there but with no explanation I didn't get what was happening.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:33 PM   #1135
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Can someone post a vote count? I think I'm in the lead but beyond that don't know where things lie. I've actually had to do some work at work this afternoon which has greatly interfered with my ability to be on top of this WW stuff
Old 06-21-2006, 04:33 PM   #1136
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade: I didn't realize that Tom Brady was a votable offense. I wasn't trying to stretch there but with no explanation I didn't get what was happening.
And I say this completely sincerely. No sarcasm.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:36 PM   #1137
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
And I say this completely sincerely. No sarcasm.
No worries, just trying to explain to you why i think my inclusion in that list is totaly bullocks
Demotivation
Old 06-21-2006, 04:39 PM   #1138
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
No worries, just trying to explain to you why i think my inclusion in that list is totaly bullocks
Fair enough. At this point I'm not such a fan of the list anyway.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:41 PM   #1139
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Fair enough. At this point I'm not such a fan of the list anyway.

And I'm not such a fan of the Tom Brady jokes, either. Maybe I missed something that makes it really funny, but whatevs.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:54 PM   #1140
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm going to be gone for at least a few hours, hope to be back in time for lynch tonight.

To get a vote in the meantime, I'm just going with the person who seems most suspicious, I don't have a lot of reasons but he does seem to know more about this game than he might for his experience level:

Vote bulletsponge

well i do pm hoops to get answers to rules and other questions. and i have never played a game like this before. i dont have a leading canidate for my vote tonight so i will once again vote for payback

Vote Path

this vote is subject to change as last night
Old 06-21-2006, 05:00 PM   #1141
Tyrith
College Starter

Let me do this before I post a new vote count. This thought was rattling around in my head before, but I think path is right about bullet. Someone screwed with cronin yesterday, along with our vote, and this is the best guess I have right now. Bek is just trying to get a quiet player to speak up.

UNVOTE BEK
VOTE BULLETSPONGE
Old 06-21-2006, 05:02 PM   #1142
Tyrith
College Starter

Bullet, i suggest you change that vote. Revenge is not a good motivation for votes in this game, especially when you are voting for a known good guy. Gotta kill bad guys and not kill good guys to win the game.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:06 PM   #1143
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Bullet, i suggest you change that vote. Revenge is not a good motivation for votes in this game, especially when you are voting for a known good guy. Gotta kill bad guys and not kill good guys to win the game.

Word. That one almost slipped past my radar. I'm not convinced that the Pharoah has to be good, and even if he starts good, I'm assuming he can turn evil somehow. But still, with the ruling class and all, you CAN'T just vote for the Pharoah for no reason -- you've got to have SOME explanation!
Old 06-21-2006, 05:06 PM   #1144
Tyrith
College Starter

Current votes:

Bek - 2: anxiety (1116), chubby (1106)
Bullet - 2: path (1133), tyrith (1141)
Barkeep - 2: pass (1053), saldana (1079)
Saldana - 2: coffee (1112), king (1070)
Dubb - 1: Alan (966)
Tangle - 1: blade (1066)
Path - 1: bullet (1140)
Blade - 1: dubb (1098)
Chubby - 1: lathum (1101)
Tyrith - 1: sndvls (1084)
Old 06-21-2006, 05:11 PM   #1145
Tyrith
College Starter

No votes so far: barkeep, bek, qwikshot, schmidty, tanglewood
Old 06-21-2006, 05:16 PM   #1146
SnDvls
Pro Starter

right now my vote is wasted

unvote Tyrith
vote Bek
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:17 PM   #1147
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola

unvote bek
vote bullet
Old 06-21-2006, 05:19 PM   #1148
SnDvls
Pro Starter

double dola - not a smart vote for path IMO

and didn't see his vote for path prior to my last change.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:20 PM   #1149
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
When did we find out path was good? I dont think we did, so unless im mistaken dont slam him for a vote that has as good a chance of being right as yours is
Demotivation
Old 06-21-2006, 05:20 PM   #1150
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
right now my vote is wasted

unvote Tyrith
vote Bek

How is a vote wasted, with the votes so spread out? I mean, with the leader at a whopping 2, you're already thinking it's time to join a bandwagon? One vote for Tyrith puts him in the lead.