Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Baseball Text-Based Sims
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-11-2008, 08:16 AM   #51
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Ben, question about FaceGen, since I've rarely if ever used it.

In the NABA quickstart, when I go to game options, the FaceGen options are all greyed out. How do I change that? I've looked everywhere but can't figure it out. I even had the game regenerate fictional pictures, but it didn't seem to work.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:27 AM   #52
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Check under Game-->OOTP Preferences. I'm guessing you have Facegen disabled there. If it's not enabled there, it won't initialize when you load OOTP. If that's not it, then it may be a graphics card issues. (I have a machine on which I can't use the Facegen stuff at all, I assume for that reason.)

For the four facegen settings under OOTP Preferences, I use...

FACEGEN: Enabled
FACEGEN MODE: Standard mode
FACEGEN ANGLE: Random (realistic)
FACEGEN ZOOM: Random
Old 07-11-2008, 08:32 AM   #53
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

OK, I'll check there. I probably have it disabled because of all the historical stuff I do with the game, although I don't specifically recall disabling it in a global setting. Thanks!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:25 AM   #54
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I didn't note the change in your settings with the addition of the RonCo dev settings. That explains a lot about the things I've seen in my tests and why they work a lot better in your models than I was noticing. Glad I checked.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:15 AM   #55
ashantewarrier
n00b

Excellent work Doggie! Good work Ron! Downloading now!
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:53 AM   #56
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm very new to the game.

I've taken over as GM of San Diego in 2000. However, I'm trying to clear the stats and league history, etc. I've found all the right buttons to clear everything, but the current year's standings/news still remain as I move forward from October of 2000.

Is it possible to clear these by simming forward until the next year kicks in and then doing another "Erase the entire league history" from the League Setup/Functions page?

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 07-17-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:58 AM   #57
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz View Post
Is it possible to clear these by simming forward until the next year kicks in and then doing another "Erase the entire league history" from the League Setup/Functions page?
Yes. Once "preseason" (early February) starts, you should be able to do this.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:09 PM   #58
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Yes. Once "preseason" (early February) starts, you should be able to do this.

Damn. That was a fast answer.

I decided to go ahead and try this before I saw your answer and noticed that it worked perfectly, but thank you anyway.

I've always heard how intimidating and complex OOTP can seem to newcomers, but so far it's been pretty straightforward. I don't have a feel for evaluating players, but I can mostly find the information that I want easily. I'm liking what I see so far.

I've cleared the league history, stats, etc., and have taken over San Diego in the NABA. Left years of service in place and haven't messed with any of the settings. Just advanced the time to February and will start playing now.

Off we go!

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 07-17-2008 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:26 PM   #59
Ben E Lou

Keep us updated on SD. I'm not sure the Sunshine *can* be lifted out of their situation. It will definitely be a challenge, but I wouldn't be shocked if it's akin to playing one of those tiny-market teams in Mogul at Mogul level--so difficult that it isn't really all that fun.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:00 PM   #60
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Keep us updated on SD. I'm not sure the Sunshine *can* be lifted out of their situation. It will definitely be a challenge, but I wouldn't be shocked if it's akin to playing one of those tiny-market teams in Mogul at Mogul level--so difficult that it isn't really all that fun.

Yikes. I didn't think they'd be that hard. I was looking at one of your long simulation runs and they seemed to do fairly well.

No biggie, though. If I get fired, I'll try somewhere else. Matter of fact, I have so little clue at this point that I'd be surprised if I didn't get fired.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:22 PM   #61
beatle
H.S. Freshman Team

Ben E Lou

I have 6.5. I just purchased V9 and wanted to download your file but can't seem to locate it. I went to your site as well. Please advise. This version must work differently.
beatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:08 PM   #62
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
Ben E Lou

I have 6.5. I just purchased V9 and wanted to download your file but can't seem to locate it. I went to your site as well. Please advise. This version must work differently.

Just click on the logo in the very first post of this thread.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:14 PM   #63
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz View Post
Yikes. I didn't think they'd be that hard. I was looking at one of your long simulation runs and they seemed to do fairly well.

No biggie, though. If I get fired, I'll try somewhere else. Matter of fact, I have so little clue at this point that I'd be surprised if I didn't get fired.
Have you tried it much? I ask because in the 13 1/2 seasons I've played the career now, SD has had one winning season (83-79), has finished 5th or 6th 10 times, and was 4th the other three completed season. In the current year, they're in last once again at the point of the June draft. If I can ever build Columbus into a dynasty and get bored, I'm going to have to try SD.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:48 PM   #64
Ben E Lou

The NABA is now available in-game via Add-Ons Central.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-settings.html

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 07-28-2008 at 01:53 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:57 PM   #65
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I have been taking this slow (sim fairly fast, just haven't had but a couple days to play around with it), and with San Diego towards the end of my second season I am failing badly. It is definetly a rough road to take so far.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:56 PM   #66
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
The NABA is now available in-game via Add-Ons Central.

I tried to download from add-ons in game, the download got to ~120mb and said it was 13% done so I gave in and downloaded from the original, 45mb link in this thread instead.

Is the add-on version a huge download as it's not compressed, or was it just not working as it should?
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:30 PM   #67
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Skydog, I was wondering if you have made any changes to RonCo's developers?
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:38 PM   #68
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDalltheway View Post
Skydog, I was wondering if you have made any changes to RonCo's developers?

I don't like the 2.000 aging setting, even though there is lots of statistical evidence for why it works well. I've gone down to 1.000 of late. I also have changes my player evaluation settings to 71%/27%/1%/1% and I like the results it's yielding, because it seems to prevent guys from those ridiculously huge dropoffs in performance well before their prime should end, in my estimation.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:41 PM   #69
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Have you tried it much? I ask because in the 13 1/2 seasons I've played the career now, SD has had one winning season (83-79), has finished 5th or 6th 10 times, and was 4th the other three completed season. In the current year, they're in last once again at the point of the June draft. If I can ever build Columbus into a dynasty and get bored, I'm going to have to try SD.

I've been traveling for the past ten days, but am back now. I'm hoping to be able to get back into this in the next couple of days.

I had only gotten about 30 games into the first season with them before I had to stop. We were a few games under .500. I took over the team right as spring training started. Their pitching is awful. I scraped a couple of losers off the free agent scrap pile who are a bit better than the junk we were throwing out there, but this first season I'm mostly trying to get a feel for the game.

That's a pretty horrible run that you've seen with San Diego there, and Cringer's report only adds to it. This could be a fun challenge, although I probably should try an easier situation for an introduction to the game.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 08-03-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:49 PM   #70
path12
Coordinator

I've started with Oakland, but I'm just starting my first preseason.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:54 PM   #71
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Batting Aging: 1.75
Batting Development: .6
Pitching Aging: 1.75
Pitching Development: .7

Ronco has released different development modifiers

I've deviated from the aging setting, as I find it retires my favorite players too fast and kills them off without the ability to truly enjoy them, but the aging settings make sense to me and are something I'll adopt.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:08 PM   #72
Balldog
Pro Rookie

How do I download this?
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #73
Ben E Lou

Click on the icon in the first post.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:14 AM   #74
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Oh duh, thanks!
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:39 PM   #75
Anthony
Banned

i'm downloading now. i had stopped playing my MLB career, and i guess with all the cooky player developement swings that didn't make much sense (especially with the uber prospects) i decided it was maybe best to just play a fictional career for the first time ever. i figured my knowledge of the MLB was kinda filtering my decisions and affecting my view of some players. i'm gonna completely rename the teams and change logos and stadium names, but i think this is gonna be a great skeleton to use.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:37 PM   #76
Anthony
Banned

hey thanks for this. i guess there was something wrong the 1st time i downloaded the file cuz i couldn't get it to work, but i gave it a 2nd try and i'm now setting up my league. looks real good so far. i don't like the names of the teams so i'm trying to find the names of some real baseball teams (not MLB), maybe change up the uni's. i like that all the work has been done for me so all i need to do is edit the aesthetics and alter the eye candy to my liking. thanks again!
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #77
Ben E Lou

Does anyone have the logos from this? I'd love to get them if possible. I'm wanting to re-create in OOTP13.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:08 AM   #78
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Is there any way to get this quickstart into the newest OOTP? I know I had imported it into OOTP12 or 13, but don't have access to the files any longer.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:44 PM   #79
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I saved this file into a quickstart for OOTP15 since there was so much demand and I just happened to have it laying around. It's based on the OOTP13 version Ben made.

Here's the file. Put it into your quickstarts folder and work from there.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 08-15-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:51 PM   #80
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here's an OOTP14 quickstart version, too.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:53 PM   #81
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Thank you so much!