Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2021, 10:16 PM   #2401
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I haven't paid terribly close attention to it all, but I get the impression that whenever a Q prediction doesn't come true (which is, uh, frequent,) there's an 8-D chess explanation given, and the cultists swallow it hook, line, and sinker.
Basically, I've been following the posts of several local Q idiots. When it doesn't come true they double down and then add to the narrative to make it not coming true fit a grander scheme. People then swallow it hook line and sinker, because at this point they've invested so much of their credibility in it that they need it to be true. I've definitely witnessed the radicalization of people who use to seem normal, just maybe a little right of center politically into full blown nutcakes.
IlliniCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 10:20 PM   #2402
JPhillips
General Manager

I like the way this guy thinks.

Quote:
“If it wasn’t my job I would do it for free. It was absolutely my pleasure to crush a white nationalist insurrection,” he said. “And we’ll do it as many times as it takes.”

This is the cop that was being crushed in the doorway.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:19 PM   #2403
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Seattle-based Alaska Airlines increases security on flights to DC ahead of Inauguration Day | king5.com

really liking they are forbidding guns in checked bags. WOnder if they are going to arrest people or just confiscate their guns

edit: I just watched the news report about this (the video within the article) and the FAA head talks about being ready to divert planes if necessary. Pilotman have you ever been involved in such a diversion?

Not for anything like that, but I did have a flight where there were 13 people carrying guns on board (legally of course, like feds, SS, etc) (on a small-er 70 seat jet). They were all traveling to something like the G8.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 01-15-2021 at 11:24 PM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 03:47 AM   #2404
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
In reponse to the Kentucky BB players kneeling for the anthem, Iowa and Maryland came out in their game for the jump ball and all the players, coaches and refs knelt.

I was inspired and impressed. I know the national anthem is important, but would it not have been more prudent to do it like this as opposed to kneeling during the national anthem, which you knew would get negative attention.

Or is it important to do it during the anthem to draw attention, even if it is negative.

This is how football in Europe has been doing it from the start (although we don’t have anthems before matches so that was never an option anyway) - everybody takes a knee after the whistle and then the game gets going

Of course, when fans were in stadia, some still managed to boo - in the absence of anthems, they were clearly booing the gesture, so no confusion over intent
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 06:43 AM   #2405
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
In reponse to the Kentucky BB players kneeling for the anthem, Iowa and Maryland came out in their game for the jump ball and all the players, coaches and refs knelt.

I was inspired and impressed. I know the national anthem is important, but would it not have been more prudent to do it like this as opposed to kneeling during the national anthem, which you knew would get negative attention.

Or is it important to do it during the anthem to draw attention, even if it is negative.

It's definitely no longer just an entitled rich crybaby saying "look at me" and giving the finger to the "flag/anthem aka country" by first sitting and then kneeling (after a backlash).

The polls were heavily against not kneeling a couple years back (60-65) but I saw a more recent poll (I think 50-55) with kneel as it became more mainstream and with the BLM protests. I wonder what the polls would say about just sitting during the flag/anthem but didn't find one.

I like your KY BB example, not disrespecting the "flag/anthem aka country" but getting the point across. It'll be interesting to see if the dynamics of the Capitol coup'er and coup'ette changes this any with short-term-spark of patriotism, Trump leaving, and a moderating voice from grandpa Biden.

FWIW, I didn't find anything re: Biden's position on kneeling.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 11:37 AM   #2406
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
So, I'm listening to The Coming of the Third Reich by Richard Evans. About 8 hours in and I've finally reached the introduction of Hitler. It's obviously depressing hearing history repeat itself, but it's pretty clear Trump phase studied Hitler more than anything else he's studied.

The main takeaway for Trump seems to be the only way to have successful propagnda is to appeal to the stupidest person in the audience, speak in extremely brief sentences, use buzzwords, and never compromise on anything you say. Just say it loud and never admit a mistake.

Thanks for mentioning this set of books. I am listening to book 1 and is really good. William Shirer’s 1960 The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich which is widely considered the most thorough historical analysis how and why Nazi Germ y rose to power has notated well.

It is quite ominous how similar are the paths this country and Late 19th/ early 20th century German are.

Last edited by Galaril : 01-16-2021 at 11:41 AM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 03:59 PM   #2407
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...6d6_story.html

Quote:
Virginia man arrested at inauguration security checkpoint in possession of gun, 500 rounds ammo and unauthorized credential, police say

Holy crap!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 01-16-2021 at 04:00 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 05:50 PM   #2408
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

Fast forward a whopping 5 days, and on Saturday night, UK basketball players kneeled during the National Anthem before the UF game. Guess what? My FB feed was suddenly filled with outraged people ranting about respecting military, law enforcement and the American flag. FIVE DAYS AFTER AN INSURRECTION AT THE CAPITOL IN WHICH A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER WAS LITERALLY BEATEN TO DEATH WITH AN AMERICAN FLAGPOLE. And these people are outraged over the lack of respect at kneeling?!

This has largely been my experience, and my reaction, as well. Just complete radio silence for days from anyone I know who considers themselves a conservative. And then suddenly it's back to manic screaming about Twitter banning Trump, or Facebook banning conservative shops, or metal detectors in the Capitol. And I just think, sure, we can have a conversation about any of those things, but where was this f&#@ing outrage days ago?

This is particularly prominent among Republican leaders. They have nothing but some quiet thoughts and prayers for an assault on the Capitol and democracy, but when something happens in response to that, all of a sudden they're Martin Luther King defending our rights. Never a nod to the fact that most everything they complain about has come about as a response to their actions. Isn't this the part of individual responsibility? And yet all they care about is bitching about the consequences of they and their voters' actions.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 06:49 PM   #2409
HerRealName
College Prospect

My Q infested SiL with this gem:

Last edited by HerRealName : 01-16-2021 at 06:50 PM.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 07:01 PM   #2410
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post

Holy crap!

Rule #1 when planning a terrorist attack on country leaders: Take off the bumper sticker reading "When they come for your guns, give them your bullets first."
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 07:22 PM   #2411
Thomkal
Head Coach

Started muting some Trump Admin people today on Twitter, few Republican far-righters, and hope they will never be in a position to harm this country ever again. Felt good.
Old 01-16-2021, 07:30 PM   #2412
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

So my MIL talks to my wife today and at the end of the call says she's going to text a video to my wife and she doesn't need a response and doesn't want to get political but she wants my wife to see it. The minute my wife tells me this, I start to get pissed. I KNOW it's some bullshit MAGA Trump's going to still be president garbage and I tell my wife I don't want to see it. But she shows me anyway.

And sure enough, it's some dude telling people to stay indoors because on Sunday or Monday, Trump is going to broadcast over the EBS that he is remaining in power and declaring "global martial law" (?). At this point, I get really pissed and start going off on my MIL. I mean, this woman is in her mid-70s so obviously susceptible to scare tactics, but otherwise an intelligent, normal person. How the FUCK do people think that kind of shit is REAL?

I told my wife I'm going to send a message back to my MIL that Marvin the Martian will be coming to Earth on Monday riding a unicorn and declaring himself Grand Pubah of the US, so she should clear her local grocery store of all canned beets because it will please the new Grand Pubah. She was not amused.

I'm over this shit . OH-VER.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 07:36 PM   #2413
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post

Holy crap!

Just saw some reporting that this guy had proper Park Police pass, but PP had not communicated that to Secret Service, so he's been cleared of any charges and released.
Old 01-16-2021, 07:56 PM   #2414
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

The guy was charged in court, so I don't think he was released. No pass would gave allowed him to carry that gun into DC.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 08:02 PM   #2415
GrantDawg

Found what it was, Thomkal. The pass wasn't fake, it was "non-governmental", but he was still charged for the weapons and ammo.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 01-16-2021 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:03 PM   #2416
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
The guy was charged in court, so I don't think he was released. No pass would gave allowed him to carry that gun into DC.

Carol Leonnig from the Washington Post tweeted this about an hour ago, soI would think the Post would have the right story here. She says cleared of any further investigation and released.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:15 PM   #2417
GrantDawg

Further investigation, but he he still faces weapon charges.
Edit: but he was released, yes.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 01-16-2021 at 08:23 PM.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:47 PM   #2418
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Found what it was, Thomkal. The pass wasn't fake, it was "non-governmental", but he was still charged for the weapons and ammo.

ah okay. My understanding was that the weapons and ammo were part of his job, so they didn't charge him for that
Old 01-16-2021, 08:55 PM   #2419
GrantDawg

No, he said he forgot he had them, realized it half way there, and then still came on because he was running late. That mistake will still cost him, but not as much if he had been suspected of something much worse.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 01-16-2021 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-16-2021, 09:00 PM   #2420
GrantDawg

Btw, it was this story that made me finally snap and subscribe to the Washington Post. So the Wa Po thanks you , Thomkal.

Old 01-16-2021, 09:51 PM   #2421
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Btw, it was this story that made me finally snap and subscribe to the Washington Post. So the Wa Po thanks you , Thomkal.

The Washington Post and I thank you I guess. Heh
Old 01-17-2021, 08:00 AM   #2422
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm going to send a message back to my MIL that Marvin the Martian will be coming to Earth on Monday riding a unicorn and declaring himself Grand Pubah of the US, so she should clear her local grocery store of all canned beets because it will please the new Grand Pubah. She was not amused.

Well, at least you warned her so you can't be blamed if she isn't ready.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 12:39 PM   #2423
GrantDawg

Finally, something of an answer. I kept asking why the 17th fir these big rallies? Other than "it is the weekend", I got nothing. But there is a symbolic thing for the q people with the 17th. Q being the 17TH letter in the alphabet, and this one of those days that they claim something big is going to happen.

Old 01-17-2021, 01:48 PM   #2424
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I assumed because if they did it in MLK day, it would have been too overtly racist.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 01:53 PM   #2425
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

So the rallys are not happening today? I haven't heard much
IlliniCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 02:21 PM   #2426
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniCub View Post

Yeah I guess not. Kind of wonder if these cowards are going to go into hiding for now and not even come out on the 20th due to the government being ready for them. My worry is they come back to the Capital and /or WH in a month or so after the soldiers are gone.

Last edited by Galaril : 01-17-2021 at 02:30 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 02:27 PM   #2427
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Edit: oops

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 01-17-2021 at 02:28 PM.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 02:31 PM   #2428
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

According to the local news, there is a large police presence in downtown Raleigh. And they closed pretty much all of the businesses in anticipations of the protests. But there’s nothing really going on.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 02:41 PM   #2429
Edward64
Head Coach

Interesting new video from inside the Capitol.

Didn't catch it all but the horned guy was getting it on. The Lt. Col did want to keep it respectful etc. A masked Capitol guard trying to shoo them away.

Looking forward to other videos. TBH, not looking forward to the endless public prosecutions and press conferences.
Old 01-17-2021, 03:02 PM   #2430
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Interesting new video from inside the Capitol.

Didn't catch it all but the horned guy was getting it on. The Lt. Col did want to keep it respectful etc. A masked Capitol guard trying to shoo them away.

Looking forward to other videos. TBH, not looking forward to the endless public prosecutions and press conferences.

Wait, what?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 03:03 PM   #2431
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
According to the local news, there is a large police presence in downtown Raleigh. And they closed pretty much all of the businesses in anticipations of the protests. But there’s nothing really going on.

NJ News 12 reporting nothing happening at our capitol
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 03:08 PM   #2432
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Wait, what?

He had a portable loudspeaker in the chamber and the Q group (I assume) was having a (figuratively) circle jerk.
Old 01-17-2021, 04:35 PM   #2433
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniCub View Post

Why bother when we're going to have global martial law and Trump as world emperor in a few days.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 04:55 PM   #2434
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Bigmouth Greene's twitter account suspended for 12 hours. Will be permanent soon I'm sure. She and her maskless friends need to face some kind of charge for giving others covid but I don't think that would fly
Old 01-17-2021, 04:58 PM   #2435
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Why bother when we're going to have global martial law and Trump as world emperor in a few days.
Joking aside, I wonder if the proliferation of the Q conspiracies actually served a useful purpose here.
Old 01-17-2021, 05:00 PM   #2436
bronconick
College Starter

There was like 20 armed folks at the Michigan Capitol, apparently. Most left after a half hour
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 05:04 PM   #2437
whomario
Pro Starter

What Parler Saw During the Attack on the Capitol | ProPublica

The 'Revolution' as seen on Parler. About 500 Videos compiled and put into a timeline.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 06:25 PM   #2438
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Apparently Parler is back online, being hosted by far-right hosting company Epik whose CEO is named, I shit you not, Rob Monster.

Parler moves to Epik, domain known for hosting far-right content - Business Insider

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 06:57 PM   #2439
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 01-17-2021, 06:57 PM   #2440
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Apparently Parler is back online, being hosted by far-right hosting company Epik whose CEO is named, I shit you not, Rob Monster.

Parler moves to Epik, domain known for hosting far-right content - Business Insider

SI

The FBI should make popcorn as they take down everyone's name and picture...

At least until it crashes and they can't figure out how to get it to work
Old 01-17-2021, 07:50 PM   #2441
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
There was like 20 armed folks at the Michigan Capitol, apparently. Most left after a half hour

A number of whom were purposely dressed in BLM/anti-Trump gear to give the right wing news media photo evidence to argue it wasn't pro-Trump people walking around with guns. Ridiculous.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 01-17-2021, 08:33 PM   #2442
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
The FBI should make popcorn as they take down everyone's name and picture...

At least until it crashes and they can't figure out how to get it to work

Some nice spots in hell for those execs/companies profiting off this BS

Last edited by kingfc22 : 01-17-2021 at 08:33 PM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 08:38 PM   #2443
Ksyrup

Just do a private ceremony at the WH, sheesh!

@ZekeJMiller
WASHINGTON (AP) — Defense officials tell AP they fear possible inside attack at inauguration, will have National Guard troops vetted.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 01-17-2021 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-17-2021, 09:10 PM   #2444
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just do a private ceremony at the WH, sheesh!

@ZekeJMiller
WASHINGTON (AP) — Defense officials tell AP they fear possible inside attack at inauguration, will have National Guard troops vetted.

Hell, do separate swearings in for Biden and Harris. I'm sure there are a lot of nuts who would love to take out Biden, Harris, and Roberts all at once.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 09:40 PM   #2445
kingfc22
Head Coach

USA! USA! USA! ffs
Old 01-17-2021, 09:50 PM   #2446
PilotMan
Head Coach

This is a fantastic piece that will help shift perspective on who was there, and how things went down. Like most things, it's not nearly as simple as you're shown.

Why We Published More Than 500 Videos Taken by Parler Users of the Capitol Riot — ProPublica

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 10:05 PM   #2447
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

405,399. We are closing in on that number. That's the number of US soldiers the nazis killed in World War 2. So in a sense, the nazis are trying to beat their high score.
Old 01-18-2021, 04:58 AM   #2448
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
This is a fantastic piece that will help shift perspective on who was there, and how things went down. Like most things, it's not nearly as simple as you're shown.

Why We Published More Than 500 Videos Taken by Parler Users of the Capitol Riot — ProPublica

I didn't know about this website.

Thank you for posting.
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:52 AM   #2449
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post

I am at the 1:51 videos. You can see how the attack built up. People seem to move over to the Capitol at the beginning of Trump's speech when he said that he would meet them there. They really thought he was coming, with some at the after 1:00pm mark thinking he was already there. The seemed to be a belief that Mike Pence had decertified Arizona, but then people started realizing that isn't what happened. Fascinating to me was Alex Jones on a bullhorn yelling at the crowd to back off the Capitol and not harm the police. He did at least try to stop it.
Edit: of course even in his plead, he said to come to his stage "where Trump will be entering the Capitol". They really did believe Trump was going to come in and take over the session.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 01-18-2021 at 06:55 AM.
Old 01-18-2021, 07:08 AM   #2450
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post

SI

I personally struggle with the free speech angle. I do believe that Trump is a unique situation so am okay with that but then Greene etc. Who draws the line after a Trump?

Other than for a Trump, it has to be more than hate speech or encouraging a protest.

I don't know the right answer(s) but do have concerns on who make the decisions and where the lines are drawn.