Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-21-2013, 12:32 AM   #951
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
Was just doing a sim and the human team jumped from 6 to 5 in the lottery and I can't figure out why...

It is actually meant to be a coin flip as mentioned above. I don't think that was working properly but it should be for the next build.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:32 AM   #952
yeah826
High School JV

Hey HR I got a question with Random Debut does the game make sure that the players in the draft are not players already in the league??
yeah826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:15 AM   #953
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Generally yes. If you started with a player file it will likely duplicate those players at some point. It is also possible for it to get duplicates if the number of players in the historical database changes.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:32 AM   #954
Comey
College Starter

I'm having issues with the game, as it won't open. I have uninstalled/reinstalled, tried running as admin, and doing the DEP thing. It simply was not loading. I undid the DEP thing, and it now gives me this:

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application.

I have no idea where to go right now. I have downloaded the full install, as well as the 3.14 patch.

Oddly enough, when I start up FBPB, it will run in the background (taking up 3100k of memory), but it won't come up on the desktop. It just sits there.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all eyes.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:11 AM   #955
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeah826 View Post
Hey HR I got a question with Random Debut does the game make sure that the players in the draft are not players already in the league??

I tried to check last night but I have a 4 tiered 16 team relegation league going on and with 64 different teams I didn't see any double in the history part after five seasons of sims(Saw two Bill Bradley's but they went to different colleges).
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #956
whomario
Pro Starter

Just quick simming from 2012 onwards with my longterm FBCB league as imports and really liking the improvements made to the game ! Tinkered a bit with the modifiers to have the game where i like it in terms of simmed stats, with those the results utterly please me.

One small gripe: There seem to be too many good PF/Cs created/they get overvalued when imported from FBCB.

Another: 3 point shooting seems to be too low (both volume and percentage). Top shooters are fine, the role players seem to shoot too few and too bad.

There are even some amazing outliers every once in a while, just now i had a guy average 8 (!!) blocks a game Meet McKinley Harrison, shot blocking machine :

Code:
PLAYER DETAILS #40 C Mckinley Harrison - Knicks ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-10 Weight: 271 DOB: 6/12/1996 (28) College: Massachusetts Hometown: Huntington Station, NY Exp: 9 Attributes: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 84 44 16 0 54 39 99 99 44 36 50 99 39 88 33 73 Potential: A C F F C B A A C B B A Health: Good Status: Active Roster Salary: $23,477,382 Length: 3 Stat Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2024 NBA NYK 82 82 35.4 21.0 4.8 15.1 2.5 2.1 1.20 1.3 8.0 1.8 2023 NBA NYK 82 82 38.8 22.9 5.2 15.9 2.7 2.3 1.20 1.1 4.5 1.9 2022 NBA NYK 82 82 37.8 21.4 4.7 13.8 2.4 2.4 1.01 0.9 4.4 2.4 2021 NBA NYK 82 82 37.2 20.6 4.0 13.4 2.5 2.6 0.98 0.9 5.1 2.4 2020 NBA NYK 82 82 37.7 20.0 3.8 14.7 2.5 2.3 1.11 1.1 3.3 2.5 2019 NBA NYK 82 82 36.2 16.5 3.4 11.9 1.8 2.4 0.77 0.9 3.4 2.7 2018 NBA NYK 53 43 33.0 14.5 2.5 10.3 1.8 2.3 0.78 0.5 2.6 2.6 2017 NBA NYK 82 18 29.8 12.1 2.6 8.7 1.4 1.6 0.88 0.6 1.6 2.3 2016 NBA NYK 62 20 27.5 9.6 2.1 7.2 1.3 1.6 0.82 0.4 1.4 2.5 2015 NBA NYK 41 0 15.2 5.0 1.0 3.5 0.6 0.9 0.66 0.3 0.3 1.0 2015 NBDL BKR 11 9 29.3 11.8 1.8 8.5 1.5 1.9 0.81 0.5 0.7 2.1 Career 741 582 33.9 17.2 3.6 12.0 2.1 2.1 0.81 0.8 3.7 2.3

I upped the block modifier a bit, but even so it´s utterly amazing. The No2 shot blocker had 4.5, the No3 had 3.5. The previous NBA record was his own 5.1 mark a few years back.
He had 19 in a single game and posted 8 of leagues 10 best marks in 1 season.

EDIT :

Just lead the Knicks to a title, Playoff averages : 23/17/8.5

He had a 24/27/19 in a game facing off against a Brooklyn team featuring 2 All star big men.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 05-21-2013 at 09:42 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #957
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
I'm having issues with the game, as it won't open. I have uninstalled/reinstalled, tried running as admin, and doing the DEP thing. It simply was not loading. I undid the DEP thing, and it now gives me this:

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application.

I have no idea where to go right now. I have downloaded the full install, as well as the 3.14 patch.

Oddly enough, when I start up FBPB, it will run in the background (taking up 3100k of memory), but it won't come up on the desktop. It just sits there.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all eyes.

This is pretty much always either the DEP settings, antivirus, or firewall. Which antivirus and firewall do you have? Does FBCB start?
Old 05-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #958
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

I play with assistant coaches off and I feel like my players regress earlier than they should. I should have written down players attributes but I have this one 26 year old that went from 8s to 7s on offense. I feel like that shouldn't be happening at 26. THoughts? If I sent you the save can you track his ratings history
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:34 AM   #959
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

The reason I mentioned that I had assistant coaches off is I thought maybe I was missing some sort of small bonus that coaches give to their players during training camp. Anyway the problem was easily rectified by going into the player editor. It is funny how people make house rules to make the game harder and here I am doing the opposite, but I really believe a top point guard wouldnt start getting worse at 26 *shrug* At least its fixable.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #960
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
I don't feel like I have a good handle on this either; I tend to follow the recommended defenses, though I do tinker some with the amounts (by default, recommend will put both options at '10'). If they seem to be performing poorly over the course of a season, I may experiment with some other settings to see if I notice an improvement that's more significant than just plain luck or a fluke.

From the Fast Break Basketball Message Board:

Man is pretty standard. Half trap you'll generate more steals and fouls and give up more open shots than man. Also uses more stamina. Help uses the same on ball defense as man but the off ball people are going to play off to be in better position to help if the man guarding the ball gets beat. You should give up less penetration but more open outside shots. Zone you are going to play off all around. Zone is like Help but with less on the ball pressure. Less fouls due to playing off.

Last edited by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding : 05-22-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #961
korme
Go Reds

Just thinking out loud.. Wade just mentioned he's been dealing with this bruised knee for 2 months. I wonder if down the road we could get nagging injuries that list a player D2D at a certain percentage for more than 8 days.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:53 AM   #962
korme
Go Reds

I recently re-activated the Pittsburgh Ironmen, making them essentially an expansion team, I thought.

Except they never had an expansion draft, during the draft lottery in year one they had the 4th pick, but it was blank and looked like this " (from Pit).

During the draft, that blank 4 spot "4. " simply got skipped over.

The next season, they aren't even listed in the draft order (this time no blank pick) yet still appear active. EDIT - Apparently they got deactivated after 1 year, which is weird because I have expansion/etc turned off.

Last edited by korme : 05-22-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #963
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
This is pretty much always either the DEP settings, antivirus, or firewall. Which antivirus and firewall do you have? Does FBCB start?

I use Windows SE.

Sorry for a lack of response...just brought my laptop back from the dead. For now.

FBCB doesn't work now, either. It did up to a couple of days ago. So...something has changed. Running tests now to find out what.

Last edited by Comey : 05-22-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #964
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Any thoughts of bringing exhibition play from the college game to the pro game?
Old 05-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #965
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
Any thoughts of bringing exhibition play from the college game to the pro game?

I would love to see that.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:01 PM   #966
korme
Go Reds

I'd love to see positions evolve player-to-player as they do in FBCB. Looking at this rookie in a draft pool, he's a Center. He's 6-8. Good inside game, C handles & C passing. C PSD, A PRD. C BLK.

I look at him and think, hmm... this guy is a PF or a big SF. More traditionally a SF. I go into the editor and change him to a SF to see what happens. He, of course, goes from a green potential to a blue.

This is stuff never realized if I don't manually make that change.

Last edited by korme : 05-22-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:31 AM   #967
korme
Go Reds

Coach loyalty might need a little tweaking.

Going through my coach records, it's easy to see that all of the top guys usually were hired by one team and then stayed their entire careers. While not unusual (see: Sloan, Jerry), it's extremely rare. Looking at the histories, it's easy to get the feel like it's more of a college experience at a big school.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:57 AM   #968
TLK
Pro Starter

I'm letting my staff handle the depth chart and game plan. My question is why isn't Karl Malone getting any playing time? I've been watching and they just refuse to give him any minutes.
Attached Images
File Type: png depth chart.png (24.7 KB, 235 views)
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #969
korme
Go Reds

My league is so deep that I'm about to offer guys who are asking for about half of whatever the max is, minimum one-year deals and eventually since they get no other offers they sign with me and I have a loaded rental team. It's kinda dumb. I don't know how to solve this problem. I'm using FBCB draft files... and it just seems like too many guys are talented each year.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #970
korme
Go Reds

At the very least, other cpu teams should be matching me with these ridiculous minimum offers. I'm thinking because they don't have the cap space, and see a player wants, say $10MM, they offer nothing. So I offer the minimum, it's the only offer, and they eventually accept.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #971
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
At the very least, other cpu teams should be matching me with these ridiculous minimum offers. I'm thinking because they don't have the cap space, and see a player wants, say $10MM, they offer nothing. So I offer the minimum, it's the only offer, and they eventually accept.
Yeah, this is an issue. Teams are not managing their salary caps very well, and they don't seem to recognize that they can offer MinSal deals even if they're over the cap.

I've started a few careers in 1946 using the historical database, and even with a low overall talent level in the league, this still happens. I had a career where I won 6 of the first 8 titles (and 6 of the last 7) before I stopped, much of it due to being able to sign very talented free agents every year to MinSal deals. And my Cohesion wasn't taking a hit, because I was usually able to keep resigning the same guys every year.

That's another thing that may need tweaking - as an example, I think I signed Ed Mikan 4 or 5 years in a row to MinSal deals in free agency. If he'd asked for an extension in any of those years for a reasonably low amount, I'd have been willing to extend that offer. I probably would have been willing to go 2, 2.5 x over a MinSal to guarantee having him for the next 3 seasons. Instead, I got him anyway for quite a bit less, and he missed out on a lot of money.

I've started another career with the 3.0.14 update, and I'll be curious to see if AI valuations of players have improved and result in smarter free agency choices by the AI.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #972
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

I play fictional (no fbcb files) with the flexible salary cap and I find the AI handles that setup reasonably well.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #973
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
I'd love to see positions evolve player-to-player as they do in FBCB. Looking at this rookie in a draft pool, he's a Center. He's 6-8. Good inside game, C handles & C passing. C PSD, A PRD. C BLK.

I look at him and think, hmm... this guy is a PF or a big SF. More traditionally a SF. I go into the editor and change him to a SF to see what happens. He, of course, goes from a green potential to a blue.

This is stuff never realized if I don't manually make that change.

That is likely a result of the player getting rescouted after leaving the editor. The game would have already based his ratings on his highest rated position. A PG who is green at PG but blue at SG should show up blue.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #974
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding View Post
The reason I mentioned that I had assistant coaches off is I thought maybe I was missing some sort of small bonus that coaches give to their players during training camp. Anyway the problem was easily rectified by going into the player editor. It is funny how people make house rules to make the game harder and here I am doing the opposite, but I really believe a top point guard wouldnt start getting worse at 26 *shrug* At least its fixable.

A ratings drop at that point wouldn't have anything to do with assistants. It would be more of a mini bust. Basically it is the player slacking off in the offseason.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #975
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
I recently re-activated the Pittsburgh Ironmen, making them essentially an expansion team, I thought.

Except they never had an expansion draft, during the draft lottery in year one they had the 4th pick, but it was blank and looked like this " (from Pit).

During the draft, that blank 4 spot "4. " simply got skipped over.

The next season, they aren't even listed in the draft order (this time no blank pick) yet still appear active. EDIT - Apparently they got deactivated after 1 year, which is weird because I have expansion/etc turned off.

This should be fixed for the upcoming build.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #976
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLK View Post
I'm letting my staff handle the depth chart and game plan. My question is why isn't Karl Malone getting any playing time? I've been watching and they just refuse to give him any minutes.

I'd have to see the save for any sort of guess other than Long is getting rated above him at both C and PF.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #977
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
My league is so deep that I'm about to offer guys who are asking for about half of whatever the max is, minimum one-year deals and eventually since they get no other offers they sign with me and I have a loaded rental team. It's kinda dumb. I don't know how to solve this problem. I'm using FBCB draft files... and it just seems like too many guys are talented each year.

It is possible the updated ratings make better FBCB players than fictional players so the draft gets too deep. I know there have been comments about too many good big men now from FBCB. I'll have to do more tests there after I get the next build posted.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #978
whomario
Pro Starter

quick question: Is the Jumping rating connected to the height ? Just started a 2005 league and guys like Yao and Ilgauskas have like high 70s ratings.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
Old 05-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #979
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It is possible the updated ratings make better FBCB players than fictional players so the draft gets too deep. I know there have been comments about too many good big men now from FBCB. I'll have to do more tests there after I get the next build posted.
Same thing happens to me using the historical database. I was able to build a powerhouse dynasty from 1949-1953 with Syracuse (before I stopped playing that save) partly due to my ability to sign talented free agents to minimum salary deals because other teams were way over the cap and didn't seem willing to offer minimum salary deals.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #980
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
quick question: Is the Jumping rating connected to the height ? Just started a 2005 league and guys like Yao and Ilgauskas have like high 70s ratings.

It isn't connected to height but it is connected to success near the basket.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #981
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Same thing happens to me using the historical database. I was able to build a powerhouse dynasty from 1949-1953 with Syracuse (before I stopped playing that save) partly due to my ability to sign talented free agents to minimum salary deals because other teams were way over the cap and didn't seem willing to offer minimum salary deals.

I changed some stuff up with FA bidding for the next build. You guys will have to let me know if it helps.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #982
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

******************************************************************************************************************
Version 3.0.15: http://www.fbbgames.com/FBPB3Update3015.exe
******************************************************************************************************************
Fixes:
*Fixed bug that caused changes to trade settings to reset anytime you load the save.
*HTML draft preview should output correctly.
*Fixed a bug in the current league editor that could change the division a team was playing to the first value in the list if the team played in the last division in the list.
*Fixed several instances in the html files where FT% was listed at the top of the grid instead of FG%.
*Changing a player's experience in the current league editor should properly save.
*FBB2001 Import: Losses in team history report should import correctly.
*FBB2001 Import: Teams should be in the correct order during the draft lottery after import.
*FBB2001 Import: Expansion teams added after import should get scouting information about the players as soon as the offseason period is run.
*Fixed a bug in draft order during expansion years that could place the team with the best record among non playoff teams in the first pick after the expansion teams.
*Ties in the draft order should be determined by coin flip.
*When attemtping to move a player from the draft pool of one league to another, the team dropdown shouldn't switch to blank when you change the league.
*Team shouldn't reset to FA when saving if you try to move an active player from one league to the draft pool of another.
*Players shouldn't win most improved player during their first season playing in a league.
*Fixed a bug that could cause weird defender matchups like Cs on PGs.
*League files without at least 2 teams will not be listed when starting a new game.
*Fixed a bug that could cause the game to move on from the creation draft period without placing undrafted players in the FA pool.
*Teams that have been reactivated after contraction shouldn't leave the league again after a season.
*Draft picks should work properly for teams that have been reactivated after contraction.

Changes:
*Added the option to disable individual ratings/potentials for each skill.
*Expansion teams will only be allowed to spend 80% of the salary cap in the first year and 90% in the second year. This is done by adding cut salary to their team salary totals.
*News stories about all star weekend events will note which team each player plays for.
*Added the option to add leagues to the current universe during the editing period (after end season).
*Now possible to enable/disable whether or not team staff is used under league options.
*Players must play in atleast 40% of the games to qualify as a team leader for points, rebounds, or assists in the team history
*Added player achievements for leading the league in points, rebounds, assists, steals, or blocks.
*If you activate a previously contracted team they will be treated as an expansion team.
*Teams should be more willing to move on to a new player in FA if their offer isn't competitive.
*Teams should be more willing to offer a player a contract below their asking price.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #983
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
It isn't connected to height but it is connected to success near the basket.

makes sense. So big guys need to have a high jump rating when acting as scorers ? (wondering as i´m thinking about creating some players for the Euro Leagues)
Just rubs me wrong to see guys like Yao or Ilgauskas with high jump ratings though.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #984
yeah826
High School JV

Look at it this way they use their jumping ability better than other players even if it not totally there. Like Marc Gasol may not be athletic in terms of jumping ability but he uses it very well for what he has.

One thing I realized about Euro League basketball is that teams tend not to play their players long minutes players getting 30mpg is considered big minutes since over there they spread the minutes around more. Also I realized that teams tend spread the ball around more also. For example Spanish League MVP Nikola Mirotic won MVP off of 12 ppg 4.5 rpg and 23 mpg

Last edited by yeah826 : 05-23-2013 at 05:40 PM.
yeah826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #985
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Re-posted the build with a fix for error 9 that could occur when selecting the league template for adding a league to an active save.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:12 PM   #986
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'd have to see the save for any sort of guess other than Long is getting rated above him at both C and PF.

Do you want me to send it? It seems off.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #987
Comey
College Starter

I got FBCB working again. But now FBPB just gives me an "unexpected error". That's it.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #988
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLK View Post
Do you want me to send it? It seems off.

If you want to send it I'll take a look.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #989
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
I got FBCB working again. But now FBPB just gives me an "unexpected error". That's it.

What did you do to get FBCB to work? They package the same on my end so there shouldn't be much difference as long as they are both set up the same way.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:56 AM   #990
Comey
College Starter

I got the DEP to work. I will uninstall and reinstall when I get home, assuming I have a working computer.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #991
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

When creating a 4 division league with 4 teams in each league, is there a certain number of games to give a league to make more division games then against the rest of the conference or does the game always go balanced?
Old 05-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #992
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
That is likely a result of the player getting rescouted after leaving the editor. The game would have already based his ratings on his highest rated position. A PG who is green at PG but blue at SG should show up blue.

Interesting. Thank you for the insight.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #993
korme
Go Reds

You added about every request I can remember asking for in this build. Thank you HR. You the man.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #994
Comey
College Starter

I got the game working, and ran a fast sim for the hell of it. I came across Kirby Mills, a 6'11 center who was drafted by Portland at 1.5 in '93. After three decent, but not spectacular, seasons in Portland, he was dealt to the Clippers. He averaged a double-double there (13.5 PPG, 11.8 RPG), and won his first DPOY award, but they could not resign him, and he went to Detroit the following year.

Starting in 1999, he won every single DPOY award through 2011. He averaged at least four blocks a season while with Detroit and Denver (with whom he signed a rather large deal with in 2003, then back with Detroit in 2009, and, amazingly, saw his average rise over the years. In 2011, his final year in the league, he averaged 12.8 PPG, 14.6 RPG, 2.3 APG, 1.2 SPG, and...

...6.1 blocks per game.

I'd be curious to see what he started his career at, weight-wise; he ended it at 298. He left the league as the career leader in blocks and rebounds, a three-time MVP, four-time playoff MVP, 14-time All-Star, and six-time all-league first team.

This is, easily, the greatest defensive player I've ever seen. He's like Shaq, but if Shaq didn't get tremendously fat over the final seasons.

This begs the question...does the game create those outliers? The Shaq, MJ, LeBron, Wilts? There were two guys who averaged over 40PPG a game back in the 60s...one was a center, the other a shooting guard. But from 1967 on, nobody averaged more than 35 points. One guy got close in 1986 putting up 33.1 PPG. It appears one guy, Dale Knight with the Sixers, is capable of being the next truly great scorer (he averaged 31.0 PPG in '12, despite shooting 13.6% from 3 and 53.9% from the line...he's a 6'8 PF).

Anyway, I just wanted to share.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #995
spleen1015
Coordinator

Thanks, Comey. That makes we want to buy the game finally.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #996
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

How is this for an outlier? He was also drafted 12th overall. Would have loved to see his ratings progression because he clearly didn't look like a stud when he came out of the draft. He is the reason why my starting pg who averages 25 points and 12 assists every year is second team all nba instead of first.

The last four years he has averaged at least 35 points a game and as a guard he shoots 53%.
PLAYER DETAILS

#15 PG Christopher Faison - FA
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Height: 6-2
Weight: 218
DOB: 10/20/2007 (36)
College: Michigan
Hometown: Marshall, TX
Exp: 17

Attributes:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA
Current: 10 10 10 10 7 7 5 5 5 8 9 4 9 3 5 10
Potential: A A A A C C D D C B B D

Health: Good
Salary: $0
Length: 0

Stat Averages:
Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF
2043 NBA CLE 82 82 34.6 38.6 1.2 4.1 5.7 3.5 1.64 1.8 0.3 3.1
2042 NBA CLE 82 82 34.1 39.7 1.5 4.2 5.6 3.4 1.67 1.9 0.4 3.5
2041 NBA CLE 82 82 33.6 39.8 1.1 3.6 5.0 4.0 1.25 2.2 0.4 3.1
2040 NBA CLE 82 82 33.5 35.7 1.0 4.1 5.4 3.5 1.55 2.0 0.3 3.5
2039 NBA ORL 82 82 32.4 28.4 1.3 3.9 4.4 1.6 2.79 2.0 0.2 3.2
2038 NBA ORL 82 82 33.1 33.8 1.2 3.8 6.2 3.2 1.93 2.0 0.5 2.9
2037 NBA ORL 82 82 31.3 31.8 1.0 3.2 5.6 3.3 1.69 1.9 0.2 3.3
2036 NBA ORL 82 82 34.2 29.5 1.1 3.9 5.8 3.7 1.60 1.8 0.3 3.3
2035 NBA ORL 82 82 34.3 28.4 1.2 3.7 5.7 3.1 1.86 1.5 0.3 3.7
2034 NBA ORL 82 82 36.6 30.5 1.3 3.8 5.5 3.5 1.55 1.7 0.3 2.9
2033 NBA ORL 82 82 36.8 23.2 1.0 3.5 3.6 1.3 2.72 1.6 0.3 2.6
2032 NBA ORL 82 0 13.5 9.7 0.5 1.2 1.7 1.2 1.44 0.6 0.1 1.5
2031 NBA ORL 82 0 21.4 10.4 0.6 1.9 2.2 1.3 1.67 0.8 0.2 2.6
2030 NBA BOS 82 0 15.2 8.0 0.4 1.4 1.6 1.6 0.99 0.6 0.1 1.5
2029 NBA BOS 82 0 17.5 8.2 0.5 1.7 2.1 1.9 1.12 0.5 0.1 1.3
2028 NBA BOS 28 0 5.9 2.0 0.2 0.5 0.8 0.8 1.00 0.1 0.1 0.4
2027 NBA BOS 82 0 9.4 3.8 0.3 0.9 1.0 1.2 0.84 0.3 0.1 1.0
Career 1340 902 27.8 24.5 0.9 3.0 4.1 2.5 0.84 1.4 0.3 2.7

Shooting Averages:
Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% InsM InsA In% JsM JsA Js% 3PM 3PA 3P%
2043 14.7 26.3 .560 3.0 3.2 .947 1.8 2.9 .606 6.8 11.7 .582 6.1 11.7 .526
2042 14.9 26.0 .573 3.9 4.1 .943 2.1 3.7 .559 6.7 11.0 .609 6.1 11.2 .542
2041 14.8 26.7 .553 4.0 4.3 .929 2.0 4.1 .505 6.5 11.2 .582 6.2 11.5 .542
2040 13.3 23.0 .577 3.7 4.0 .930 1.8 3.5 .519 6.0 9.8 .619 5.4 9.7 .555
2039 10.5 18.3 .576 2.6 2.8 .917 2.0 3.3 .604 3.7 6.3 .588 4.8 8.7 .556
2038 12.4 22.0 .562 4.0 4.4 .916 2.2 4.0 .554 5.0 8.7 .578 5.1 9.2 .551
2037 11.4 20.2 .563 4.7 5.1 .924 2.3 4.2 .540 4.8 8.1 .589 4.3 7.9 .549
2036 10.8 20.8 .519 4.2 4.6 .922 2.1 4.3 .497 5.0 8.7 .579 3.7 7.9 .464
2035 11.1 21.0 .530 2.3 2.6 .905 1.1 1.7 .638 6.2 11.1 .559 3.8 8.2 .468
2034 11.7 23.1 .504 3.3 3.5 .924 1.5 2.3 .647 6.3 11.8 .538 3.8 9.0 .424
2033 8.9 18.0 .494 2.1 2.2 .955 1.2 2.0 .620 4.3 8.0 .529 3.4 8.0 .426
2032 3.6 7.7 .463 1.3 1.4 .921 0.4 0.8 .556 1.9 3.8 .494 1.3 3.1 .402
2031 3.8 8.3 .463 1.6 1.8 .924 0.7 1.2 .598 2.0 3.9 .506 1.1 3.2 .360
2030 2.8 7.0 .403 1.4 1.5 .913 0.4 0.6 .617 1.5 3.6 .431 0.9 2.8 .326
2029 2.9 7.2 .403 1.3 1.5 .850 0.4 0.6 .588 1.5 3.4 .438 1.0 3.2 .330
2028 0.6 2.2 .290 0.5 0.5 .929 0.1 0.3 .571 0.2 0.8 .273 0.3 1.2 .242
2027 1.4 3.8 .357 0.5 0.6 .917 0.2 0.4 .613 0.6 1.7 .362 0.5 1.8 .297
Career 9.1 17.2 .532 2.7 2.9 .924 1.4 2.4 .562 4.2 7.5 .561 3.5 7.2 .492

Playoff Averages:
Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF
2043 NBA CLE 2 2 38.5 47.5 0.5 5.5 5.0 4.0 1.25 2.0 0.5 4.0
2042 NBA CLE 3 3 33.7 39.7 1.3 2.7 3.0 3.7 0.82 2.3 0.0 4.3
2041 NBA CLE 3 3 36.3 51.0 0.7 5.3 7.3 5.7 1.29 1.7 1.0 3.0
2040 NBA CLE 13 13 35.5 38.2 1.5 5.7 6.4 4.8 1.34 2.2 0.7 2.4
2039 NBA ORL 15 15 36.7 30.2 1.3 4.1 4.9 2.0 2.43 2.3 0.1 3.3
2038 NBA ORL 13 13 33.5 35.8 0.9 3.2 5.8 4.1 1.42 1.8 0.3 3.3
2037 NBA ORL 7 7 36.9 35.1 0.6 2.4 7.3 5.7 1.28 2.4 0.0 2.3
2036 NBA ORL 8 8 35.8 29.5 0.8 4.1 7.9 5.5 1.43 1.1 0.5 2.9
2035 NBA ORL 3 3 35.7 26.7 0.7 4.7 8.0 3.3 2.40 1.7 0.0 4.3
2034 NBA ORL 2 2 39.5 29.0 0.5 4.5 7.0 3.5 2.00 0.5 0.0 2.5
2032 NBA ORL 3 0 19.7 15.3 0.7 2.3 2.0 1.3 1.50 0.7 0.3 2.3
2031 NBA ORL 2 0 14.0 7.0 0.0 1.0 3.0 0.5 6.00 1.0 0.0 1.5
2028 NBA BOS 1 0 3.0 5.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.00 1.0 0.0 0.0
2027 NBA BOS 5 0 13.0 4.8 0.0 1.0 0.8 2.0 0.40 0.8 0.2 2.2
Career 80 69 32.8 31.1 0.9 3.7 5.5 3.7 0.40 1.8 0.3 2.9

Playoff Shooting Averages:
Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% InsM InsA In% JsM JsA Js% 3PM 3PA 3P%
2043 18.5 30.5 .607 1.0 1.0 1.000 3.0 5.0 .600 6.0 10.5 .571 9.5 15.0 .633
2042 15.0 29.7 .506 3.0 3.0 1.000 3.0 6.7 .450 5.3 10.3 .516 6.7 12.7 .526
2041 18.7 29.0 .644 5.3 5.3 1.000 1.3 2.0 .667 9.0 13.0 .692 8.3 14.0 .595
2040 14.5 26.0 .556 3.5 3.7 .938 1.8 4.0 .442 6.9 11.2 .616 5.8 10.8 .536
2039 11.2 21.0 .533 2.3 2.5 .895 2.0 3.6 .556 3.7 7.1 .519 5.5 10.3 .535
2038 12.8 23.4 .549 4.4 4.6 .950 2.2 4.0 .558 4.9 9.2 .533 5.7 10.2 .561
2037 12.6 23.3 .540 4.4 4.4 1.000 2.0 4.9 .412 5.0 8.3 .603 5.6 10.1 .549
2036 10.8 20.4 .528 4.4 4.8 .921 1.9 3.8 .500 5.3 8.5 .618 3.6 8.1 .446
2035 9.3 20.3 .459 5.0 5.7 .882 1.3 2.3 .571 5.0 10.3 .484 3.0 7.7 .391
2034 11.5 20.0 .575 2.5 3.5 .714 0.5 1.0 .500 7.5 13.0 .577 3.5 6.0 .583
2032 5.7 9.0 .630 2.3 3.0 .778 1.0 1.0 1.000 3.0 4.0 .750 1.7 4.0 .417
2031 2.5 6.0 .417 1.5 1.5 1.000 0.5 1.0 .500 1.5 3.0 .500 0.5 2.0 .250
2028 2.0 3.0 .667 1.0 1.0 1.000 1.0 1.0 1.000 1.0 2.0 .500 0.0 0.0 .000
2027 1.6 5.0 .320 1.2 1.2 1.000 0.4 0.6 .667 0.8 2.4 .333 0.4 2.0 .200
Career 11.5 21.1 .544 3.3 3.6 .933 1.8 3.5 .514 4.9 8.5 .572 4.9 9.2 .529

Career Highs:
Type Pts OReb Reb Ast Stl Blk TO FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA
Season 58 6 10 14 6 2 9 26 44 12 12 14 21
Playoff 65 4 11 13 5 3 12 25 38 10 10 13 19
Career 65 6 11 14 7 3 12 26 44 17 17 14 21

Awards & Achievements:
Season Award
Total Player of the Game: 465
Total Player of the Week: 64
Total Player of the Month: 30
Total All-Star Appearances: 10
Total All-Star Game MVP : 3
Total All-League First Team : 9
Total All-League Second Team : 1
Total Playoff MVP : 1
Total Most Valuable Player : 7
Total Championships: 1
2043 NBA All-League First Team
2043 NBA Most Valuable Player
2043 NBA All-Star Game MVP
2043 NBA All-Star
2043 NBA 3-Point Shootout Champion
2042 NBA All-League First Team
2042 NBA Most Valuable Player
2042 NBA All-Star
2042 NBA 3-Point Shootout Champion
2041 NBA All-League First Team
2041 NBA Most Valuable Player
2041 NBA All-Star
2041 NBA 3-Point Shootout Champion
2040 NBA All-League First Team
2040 NBA Most Valuable Player
2040 NBA All-Star Game MVP
2040 NBA All-Star
2040 NBA 3-Point Shootout Champion
2039 National Basketball Association Champion
2039 NBA Playoff MVP
2039 NBA All-League Second Team
2039 NBA All-Star
2039 NBA 3-Point Shootout Champion
2038 NBA All-League First Team
2038 NBA Most Valuable Player
2038 NBA All-Star
2038 NBA 3-Point Shootout Champion
2037 NBA All-League First Team
2037 NBA Most Valuable Player
2037 NBA All-Star Game MVP
2037 NBA All-Star
2037 NBA 3-Point Shootout Champion
2036 NBA All-League First Team
2036 NBA Most Valuable Player
2036 NBA All-Star
2035 NBA All-League First Team
2035 NBA All-Star
2034 NBA All-League First Team
2034 NBA All-Star
2034 NBA 3-Point Shootout Champion
2033 NBA Most Improved Player
2027 NBA All-Rookie Second Team
2027 NBA Rookie Game Participant
Old 05-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #997
Comey
College Starter

It's also amazing that he didn't make the jump until he was in the league six years. Hell, it wasn't until his eighth season that he became a bonafide star. You don't typically see that kind of late bloomer these days. I wonder if there was a coaching change, or a FA pickup, that enabled this.

I'm noticing some teams gambling with huge contracts on guys who have the potential, but haven't done jack so far in their careers. I wonder if this follows in the same path.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:10 AM   #998
nol
Banned

Quote:
It's also amazing that he didn't make the jump until he was in the league six years. Hell, it wasn't until his eighth season that he became a bonafide star. You don't typically see that kind of late bloomer these days. I wonder if there was a coaching change, or a FA pickup, that enabled this.

I'm noticing some teams gambling with huge contracts on guys who have the potential, but haven't done jack so far in their careers. I wonder if this follows in the same path.

I don't know if I'm more impressed by that or by the fact that he's won the last 7 NBA 3 Point Shootout championships. That has to take some pretty clutch shooting.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:44 AM   #999
korme
Go Reds

Too many fouls for that guy LWSFS. IRL he's getting 38 mpg. Fouls fouls fouls.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #1000
korme
Go Reds

Cool that it says Max Zaslofsky player achievements, 1946 NBA Scoring Leader

Would be nice to get it in the totals section, too: Total Scoring Titles: etc