Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-10-2006, 12:48 AM   #451
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
Did you actually read what I posted? Not only that you have the order of events wrong. LSG suggested not jailing someone. I weighed in on it, and pretty much said there is no real downside to jailing someone.

Again, I'm feeling somewhat targetted. How many cowboys are there?

I'm pretty sure I read it correctly.

Post #429
Quote:
Very cool, I imagine the morning will be interesting.

On one hand, I think it would be prudent to hold off jailing anyone until after the sun comes up and the night's activities have been revealed. In other words, perhaps we will learn something tomorrow that will actually give us real suspects tomorrow.

Then again, passing on jailing someone might very well make the night more exciting. Jail away.

Just not me.

This pretty much suggests not jailing anyone, which means we can't lynch anyone tomorrow, losing a days lynch.

Post #431
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Although at first I thought throwing two people in jail was a good idea right off the bat, I dont see the benefit to it. What do we learn from having anybody in jail? And right now we don't have anybody we are suspicious of (at least i dont) so it would seem unfair to just pick a name and throw them in jail and then lynch them tomorrow.

Then, this suggests the same thing, saying it is not fair since she does not feel we have anyone of whom we are suspicious.

I think that has you offing it up first and her seconding it.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:50 AM   #452
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

If we're all allowed to make suggestions. I suggest we jail Anxiety for mistaking me for a veteran, and Grammaticius for not reading my posts.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:55 AM   #453
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I'm new to this game, so I'm curious. Who benefits is roles are suppressed?

-I understand that lynchings are crucial to a villager win, so demanding a lynching, possibly even without evidence, has merit.

-Demanding that as many people as possible are prevented from utilizing their roles, albeit while enjoying relative safety.

Who does that help?

-If it is the wolves, does the fact that there are three people at risk outweigh that negative? In other words. It doesn't appear to necessarilly be the lynchings themselves that help the villagers, but rather the actions of the targetted and possibly their counterparts that yield the benefit.

This isn't an accusation. I'm sorta thinking outloud while examining whether or not you have a motive behind your suggested course of action.
I think this part is definitely debatable. Suppressing roles is not really a good thing for the villagers, unless there is only one cowboy, because he could not, then kill.

But, requiring a jail first prior to lynching complicates this whole process. The fewer people in jail, the fewer candidates to lynch. If you jail someone and they give you a good reason not to lynch, you really want alternate candidates, so a lynch is not missed. So I say the benefit of having lynch options outweighs the potential suppression.

Also, anyone would have a chance to defend against a jailing during the days debates.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:57 AM   #454
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
If we're all allowed to make suggestions. I suggest we jail Anxiety for mistaking me for a veteran, and Grammaticius for not reading my posts.

I don't understand, are you saying that post #429 is not suggesting that we skip jailing anyone? Which of course means we cannot lynch anyone tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:57 AM   #455
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
I'm pretty sure I read it correctly.

Post #429

This pretty much suggests not jailing anyone, which means we can't lynch anyone tomorrow, losing a days lynch.

Post #431

Then, this suggests the same thing, saying it is not fair since she does not feel we have anyone of whom we are suspicious.

I think that has you offing it up first and her seconding it.

Damn typos.

I intended to say in post #429 "Then again, jailing someone might very well make the night more exciting. Jail away."

I think this was apparently my first attempt to make the point I made in my post #437. It has the same Point - Counter point structure.

I withdraw my nomination to jail you Grammaticus. I clearly mis-spoke.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:02 AM   #456
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I withdraw my nomination to jail Anxiety as well. Afterall, he mistook me for a veteran.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:21 AM   #457
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Thoughts regarding vices:

In some games you have players who have “role blocker” actions. In mafia, this is often a prostitute who can select a player. That player cannot perform an action or have any actions performed on them for the evening round. They are “busy”.

It’s possible there are role blockers in this game that can affect someone with a matching vice. For example, someone has a bottle of whiskey and can select someone. If the selected person has a vice of alcohol/booze then they are blocked. If the vice is women, the prostitute can block them. If the vice is gambling, maybe someone has a set of dice, etc.

If the blocker selects someone who does not have a matching vice, then maybe no block occurs. It gives the blocker a less than 100% chance of success.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:38 AM   #458
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

So Gram.

I'm clearly for jailing folks tonight, and pretty much every night I can foresee with my current understanding of the rules.

Do you think I should still be jailed?
Old 10-10-2006, 01:40 AM   #459
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Oh and on the vices. I don't think your analysis is too far off.

I'm checking out for the night. I'm eager to see what happens in the morning. See you then.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:14 AM   #460
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I wish I could submit more for tomorrow, but I will not know who is jailed before leaving for work. As I suspected, I will be away at both jobs both Tuesday and Wednesday.

I spoke with Alan ahead of time about this, and he has allowed me to vote. I cannot in good consience vote to lynch anyone right now, though, even if I am lucky enough to have hit on one of saldana's choices. I will not be here for the following discussion.

That said, following Swaggs' suggestion, here are three people I would choose to have jailed if I had a choice.

GoldenEagle-- Sorry, GE, but missing the Day 1 vote, even just an election is not good.
Lathum-- Way too much experience to miss most of Day 1. That seems sneaky to me.
Grammaticus-- I know he has been quiet today because of his trip, but coming in late like this and raising a ruckus with Glengoyne seems a little over the top to me. I doubt he's a cowboy, but he's a better target to me than others right now, with his experience also being a factor.

I wouldn't lynch any of these guys without further evidence or if we needed to produce a lynch, but I won't be here for the night actions or tomorrow's revelations.

I hope saldana proves to be a good sheriff, since I also can't really put a vote out on anyone without knowing more of how he does on his first day on the job.

Good luck, everyone, and see you late tonight if you're around (and I am still alive, I hope).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 06:07 AM   #461
saldana
Pro Starter

ok, i have to leave for work, and my new job wont let me get on unless i am actually on lunch, so i am out until about 12 eastern...

the two pardners in the pokey are there for simple reasons:

GE....you been hangin round these parts long enuff to know there aint no such thing as a vote that idnt "mandatory". every vote counts in the big pictury, and to say it aint a big deal that you missed the vote, well that just rubs me the wrong way

Lathum....you been hanging round even longer...you aughtta know better then to no show a whole day...so now you gotta give 11 of us a reason not to stretch your neck, and maybe i'll let your ass outta there tonight

hope these decisions work for the rest o' y'all
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:22 AM   #462
Thomkal
Head Coach

Darn wish I was here in time to suggest putting Anxiety in the jail for having less posts than me when he suggested putting me in jail. Yes I don't have a lot of posts. Some people like to go all out on rule/role analysis theories from day 1, I like to sit back more and work off their analysis because they are better at it than me.

I don't have a particular problem with the two jailed people. GE should have made a vote if a good guy just so people wouldn't jump on him for not making one like people are now. Hopefully now he'll be able to participate more. Lathum's a bit more questionable-I mean people do have lives outside this game, he should have posted he wasn't going to be here. (he didn't right?)

But somebody needed to be jailed, so I guess these two are as good as any other given what little we know on Day 1. I agree with the others who said that people must be jailed. Who knows something might come out about Lathum or GE during the day today that gives us reason to lynch one or the other. We wouldn't have been able to do that if the sheriff put nobody in jail.

::lays a few hands of Dead Man's solitaire until someone shows up to chat:::
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:30 AM   #463
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Let me state, right off the bat, that I am a BIG proponent of the three vote system that was suggested. Only addition I would make is that the jail vote could also be a vote to release someone in the jail, rather than just who to put in the jail.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:55 AM   #464
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Just want to jump in and post to PROVE I am awake at 8:30 AM. I will be out all day today so I am not in a position to defend myself and tonight I am going to the movies. As for not posting much yesterday I didn't really see a reason to, I felt I didn't want to revel my role and I voted for sheriff sunday night so why bother? I left my house at 8:30 AM and got home at 7:00 and checked the game, I am not going to give up what little time I had to spend with my fiance making posts about how I am drunk or whatever....

I'm not going to apologize for having a life, I play poker for a living and have no internet access and am not going to leave early during a winning session to play werewolf.

I am busy the next 3 days and will be quieter then usuall so if that is a crime then go ahead and lynch a valuable player and I'll remember that next time someone elses job or personal life takes precedence over werewolf.

And the reason I didn't post in the morning yesterday was my computer has a virus and it is a pain to try and get online...
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:55 AM   #465
spleen1015
Coordinator

I like the 3 vote system as well. If you are a villager, you shouldn't have any problems making those votes since it is a major benefit to our side.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:01 AM   #466
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Night deadline. Currently writing up PMs and will send them out in the next 15 minutes.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:23 AM   #467
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

After the election yesterday, the majority of the town heads to the local saloon for some drinks and/or dinner. Alot of conversation is had, alot of drinking is had, and much laughing. Slowly the people end up heading home for the night however, to get ready for a new day.

The night passes uneventful for most of you, however at waking up in the morning the news gets around town fast. The cowboys have struck it appears during the night. Everyone makes their way to the southwest part of town to see what the ruckus is where you see people surround Thomkal's house. Thomkal has been found dead! Fear and shock races through the town people, something must be done before you are next!

Tired players:
None

Current Sheriff:
Saldana

Currently in Jail:
Goldeneagle
Lathum

Deadline for Day2: 9:00pm EST Tuesday night. Your current sheriff is still alive, so a new sheriff is not needed. If you wish to elect a new sheriff, please do so by posting:

elect playername

Sheriff election is not mandatory as not voting confirms your desire to keep the current sheriff. For a new sheriff to be elected, they must receive more than 50% of the alive townspeople vote. (11 votes)

There are two valid players for lynch votes today, Goldeneagle and Lathum. You can vote to lynch either of them, both of them or none of them. If you do not post any lynch vote, it is assumed you wish to lynch neither. To lynch players please post as:

Lynch playername.

To lynch multiple players just post:

lynch playername
lynch playername2.

In order to lynch a player you must receive more than 50% of the alive townspeople's vote. (11 votes)
Old 10-10-2006, 08:29 AM   #468
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Thomkal, I hardly knew ya. I'm going to go back through and do a recap of his posts since it's likely there is a clue in there.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:36 AM   #469
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Alan -- according to the rules we learn someone's occupation upon their death. I was under the impression everyone had an occupation, but I can't find one listed for Thomkal. Did he not have an occupation or was it not listed?
Old 10-10-2006, 08:38 AM   #470
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, I am heading to work, here is what I know for better or for worse.

I have a role that allows me to communicate one time to a player. Ordinaraly I would wait but I knew I was going to be jailed and probably lynched so I decided to try and use it last night.

The player I tried to use it on was anxiety but he wasn't home and chiefrum answered the door instead, I stammered an excuse why I was there then left. On my way home I was picked up by saldana and jailed.

This tells me that chiefrum is probably good and anxiety better have an excuse where he was.

If nothing else at least we can start building a circle of trust. I know chiefrum is gone most of the day, all I ask is that you don't bandwagon on me untill he can confirm my story and anxiety can confirm he wasn't home. If he doesn't I give you permission to lynch me.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:39 AM   #471
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

and with that i'm gone for the day
Old 10-10-2006, 08:40 AM   #472
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Alan -- according to the rules we learn someone's occupation upon their death. I was under the impression everyone had an occupation, but I can't find one listed for Thomkal. Did he not have an occupation or was it not listed?

On death his allegiance was updated in the 3rd post of the thread, THomkal was a villager. He did not have any occupation (only two occupations are the mortician and the sheriff).

His role is passed along via in game mechanisms for people to discover, but it can be found out as well.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:41 AM   #473
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Thomkal, I hardly knew ya. I'm going to go back through and do a recap of his posts since it's likely there is a clue in there.

All I see is him playing the role of the Card Dealer. I guess the cowboys saw the Card Dealer as some sort of threat. There wasn't anything glaring that leads me to believe Thomkal was a major threat.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:43 AM   #474
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
On death his allegiance was updated in the 3rd post of the thread, THomkal was a villager. He did not have any occupation (only two occupations are the mortician and the sheriff).

His role is passed along via in game mechanisms for people to discover, but it can be found out as well.
Ahh ok.

So the mortician is the one who gets what the occupation is. That's useful to know.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:52 AM   #475
Barkeep49
Coordinator

This was fairly easy to do:

133 - Hints at being the card player. Claims not to have a vice for power.
155 – Again with the cards. Kind of meaningless post in response to a somewhat meaningless post bullet made addressed to him.
242 – Votes for Fouts for sheriff with no explanation
263 – Agrees with ntn that the vices might be used by the Cowboys. Hopes that the good guys have a way to use them as well.
272 – Meaningless post
321 – Assumes we have a seer. Thinks the seer should look at who is sheriff. Thinks seer should stay silent if sheriff is a good guy.
462 – Thinks Anxiety should be put in jail. Has no problem with two people being jailed. Thought Lathum was questionable. Agrees that it is important that people be jailed.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:02 AM   #476
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So 462 was really his main post of substance. But it was also made at like 1 in the morning. So the question is, was this post made before or after the night kill was sent in?

If it was sent after then we gain three suspects: Lathum, Anxiety, and Golden Eagle. But really we gain two suspects Lathum and Anxiety. Already we have a Lathum versus Anxiety setup going on. Not sure where I fall.

However, that post could have had zero impact on the cowboys. So if that had zero impact on the cowboys the only thing I can find of substance is that he was the card dealer and that he mentioned the seer. If he was the seer, pretending to be the card player would have been a good cover story. And perhaps this what the cowboys were reading into thomkal?

Or the most simple explanation might be that they killed him for being the card player. So what about the card player would be threatening to the cowboys? Perhaps one, or more, of them have the vice of money and felt the card player was a threat that way? I don't know what other way the cowboys could have seen the card player as a threat.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:04 AM   #477
spleen1015
Coordinator

Does there have to be a reason why they got him? Maybe they just picked someone at random.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:11 AM   #478
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Fair enough, maybe they did pick him at random. But I doubt it. Bad guys tend not to be random.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:13 AM   #479
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well I'll be very interested in knowing why they chose me. Good luck to everyone.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:22 AM   #480
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I tend to believe that Lathum is telling the truth. It would be too easy for that to be damning evidence if it is not authinticated. So I won't be voting to lynch Lathum.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:25 AM   #481
hoopsguy
General Manager

LYNCH LATHUM
LYNCH GOLDENEAGLE

I'm very willing to move these votes, but my MO is going to be lynch unless a reason is supplied.

It seems like Chief Rum may be able to help Lathum, but if neither of them are here before the deadline that is going to make the decision a little more interesting.

The lynches also help us get a bead on our Sheriff. If he locked up a Cowboy last night I will trust him a great deal.

For what it is worth, he locked up one of the two people I would have last night. And I'm pretty surprised at targeting Thomkal last night by the Cowboys. Not sure what that says about them at this point, but card dealer doesn't seem like a threat to them.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:26 AM   #482
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Perhaps a number of Cowboys have the vice of gambling? Perhaps just one key Cowboy has the vice of gambling. Maybe they figured that the card dealer might be someone who could somehow manipulate them or find information about them. Maybe the card player potential to have a sideline as a tarot reader(seer) came into play.

Not a lot to go on, but there may be something.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:28 AM   #483
hoopsguy
General Manager

I don't expect to cast a vote for a new Sheriff today. And I'll hold off for awhile on jailing suggestions to allow people to come into the thread and provide information on their night activities.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:31 AM   #484
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

actually Hoops, it is my night activity that causes me to believe Lathum. I visited Anxiety...or tried to. It was just as Lathum described it.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:34 AM   #485
hoopsguy
General Manager

Very strange - sounds like there was a party going on at that house.

ntn, did you encounter Lathum, Rum, or Anxiety?
Old 10-10-2006, 09:34 AM   #486
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I'm thinking that Chief Rum holds the key to determining if Lathum is telling the truth.

He is a bit exposed at this point, but probably not so much as Anxiety for being out and about when another player was killed.

If we have to lynch someone, and I believe we do, then I'm leaning toward GE. That could change depending on CR's story regarding Anxiety and Lathum.

As for people to put in jail. Anxiety deserves a good hard look.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:36 AM   #487
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I encountered Rum at Anxiety's House. Anxiety was not there. I did not see LAthum, but since his account matches my own Iam willing to give him the benifit of the doubt there.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:36 AM   #488
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
actually Hoops, it is my night activity that causes me to believe Lathum. I visited Anxiety...or tried to. It was just as Lathum described it.

Interesting.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:37 AM   #489
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

dola Obviously Anxiety had a night time action as well. but that can go either way of course. I am looking forward to hearing what he has to say today.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:38 AM   #490
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well it still seems like Anxiety has some explaining to do.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:42 AM   #491
spleen1015
Coordinator

My first instinct is to jail Anxiety to that we can lynch him. But it also seems like a setup. It can't be that easy.

Hopefully, he can tell us where he was or at least convince us he was up to something good.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:46 AM   #492
st.cronin
General Manager

Ok, I understand how Lathum's tale makes Anxiety look bad, but how does it make CR look good? My first instinct is that it makes him look bad, too.

Need more info!

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:48 AM   #493
st.cronin
General Manager

LYNCH LATHUM

ELECT SALDANA

JAIL CHIEF RUM

for now

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:54 AM   #494
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I agree it doesn't make CR look good. But as he and lathum are both not around to explain themselves, perhaps Anxiety can explain himself?

For the time being

Elect Saldana

My jail and lynch votes will be forth coming later.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:54 AM   #495
spleen1015
Coordinator

There's always the possibility that Lathum and ntndeacon are Cowboys. Lathum knows there is a good chance that he'll get lynched because he's in jail. So, he gets us thinking about Anxiety. Then, ntndeacon comes along and confirms what he is saying about Anxiety.

Jailing ntndeacon should be an option today.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:55 AM   #496
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
It’s possible there are role blockers in this game that can affect someone with a matching vice. For example, someone has a bottle of whiskey and can select someone. If the selected person has a vice of alcohol/booze then they are blocked. If the vice is women, the prostitute can block them. If the vice is gambling, maybe someone has a set of dice, etc.

If the blocker selects someone who does not have a matching vice, then maybe no block occurs. It gives the blocker a less than 100% chance of success.

That raises the question of if there are roles that could discover the vices of a particular player. If that is the way to target/block there has to be a way for the cowboys to discover what those vulnerabilities are.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:57 AM   #497
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Let me state, right off the bat, that I am a BIG proponent of the three vote system that was suggested. Only addition I would make is that the jail vote could also be a vote to release someone in the jail, rather than just who to put in the jail.

I thought the three vote system was an excellent suggestion -- can't see any drawback to that offhand.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:58 AM   #498
SnDvls
Pro Starter

why does it seem I was the only one sleeping last night.

I demand to know why I wasn't invited to the party
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:02 AM   #499
SnDvls
Pro Starter

here's where I stand right now

elect Saldana - no reason to doubt him now

lynch lathum - until I hear other wise from CR/Anxiety

Jail NTN - Until I hear other wise from CR/Anxiety

Jail Anxiety - Until I hear other wise from CR

I know that means I'm putting a lot of turst/info in CR's hands, but he could help a lot right now and the people coming out are doing the same.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:09 AM   #500
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I don't think we should jail Anxiety. I think he is good for now.

VOTE GOLDEN EAGLE for lynch

ELECT SALDANA for sheriff

JAIL CHEIF RUM

I agree, what was CR doing at Anxiety's house?

Hoops, can you actually vote to lynch more than one person?