Pro Starter

I was in the library but Idid not find anything
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:03 PM   #152
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I stayed in the kitchen and had similar results to the ones reported by Lathum.

Pass, do you need items to get value out of the recipe? If so, is that something you think makes sense to disclose publicly?

I was a bit reluctant this morning, since I was the only person that got any votes yesterday. But thinking about it more, I can't see why not to reveal it. To make an eternal bond potion, we need vine and newt tail. However, I have neither of these things.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:26 PM   #153
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

damm the wolves! guess I got my "respect."

good luck villagers
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:28 PM   #154
RendeR
Coordinator

I spent the night in the Kitchen and found nada, zippo, zilch.

Anyone have a clue what an eternal Bond potion does?
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:54 PM   #155
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm thinking maybe it turns two people into one, in a way. When one gets killed, the other dies as well? I'm not sure that's worthwhile to us. Though someone else might read it differently.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:05 PM   #156
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I'm thinking maybe it turns two people into one, in a way. When one gets killed, the other dies as well? I'm not sure that's worthwhile to us. Though someone else might read it differently.

unless that person gets linked with a wolf.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:05 PM   #157
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

so did anyone else learn a recipe?
Old 07-04-2007, 01:13 PM   #158
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I was a bit reluctant this morning, since I was the only person that got any votes yesterday. But thinking about it more, I can't see why not to reveal it. To make an eternal bond potion, we need vine and newt tail. However, I have neither of these things.

If people want to help out Passacaglia with creating this potion they probably don't need to post that in the thread - just pass him the ingredient.

As far as the eternal bond, I can think of some devious ways to use for either side. For our side, take a shot at binding a couple of suspected wolves together - hopefully get at least one of the two guesses right. I also wouldn't publish who you bond ... keep the wolves guessing if they are bonded or who they should avoid killing in the event that they are bonded.

Of course, if it doesn't work as "lovers" but instead as "PM rights" then this strategy is just semi-amusing conjecture.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:27 PM   #159
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Alan: does a person find out who passed them an item? I ask because it would seem like a shame if Pass got too many ingredients.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:10 PM   #160
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I also spent the night in the library and found nothing. It was suggested though that I came away with the impression I could find something useful there with more study.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:43 PM   #161
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
I'll get things started. I spent the night in the library, and learned a recipe.

Same here.

This may have already been known/assumed by others, but I think it is now fairly clear to me that certain rooms produce certain items.

Library = recipe
Kitchen = containers
storeroom = items

We are going to need to establish some CoTs or wait three (at least) days before we have anything to work with, unless folks can actually find or begin with potions/spells/etc.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:13 PM   #162
st.cronin
General Manager

I spent the night in the Great Hall. I don't have much to report, although my pm was ... enigmatic.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:19 PM   #163
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Alan: does a person find out who passed them an item? I ask because it would seem like a shame if Pass got too many ingredients.

You are fully aware of any item handed over to you during the day time and who the person that gave it to you was. For the most part any day time action between you and someone else is generally known, while in general unless said otherwise most nighttime interactions are not known.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:33 PM   #164
st.cronin
General Manager

Vote LoneStarGirl

Not much of a reason for this. She was the third vote on pass, and is one of the players who most scares me as a potential wolf.

knives out
Old 07-04-2007, 04:35 PM   #165
st.cronin
General Manager

Darn, just realized deadline isn't til tomorrow.

knives out
Old 07-04-2007, 06:59 PM   #166
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Okay, Last night was my last day in Houston with my mom for awhile so I didn't find time to get online to tell Alant where I would be staying last night. So I didn't stay anywhere. I flew back to Little Rock earlier today and am home for the rest of the month so nothing else should interfere with my WW games for awhile.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:04 PM   #167
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Vote LoneStarGirl

Not much of a reason for this. She was the third vote on pass, and is one of the players who most scares me as a potential wolf.
What has changed that makes you think we should lynch someone today?
Old 07-04-2007, 07:17 PM   #168
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
IIt was suggested though that I came away with the impression I could find something useful there with more study.

Same detail here for my foray into the kitchen.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:36 PM   #169
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
What has changed that makes you think we should lynch someone today?

Because today it's possible that some villagers will have some information.

knives out
Old 07-04-2007, 08:49 PM   #170
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Because today it's possible that some villagers will have some information.
You're right it is possible. But why vote now? There's been no information presented, at least from my perspective, that makes it any easier or harder to figure out who is a villager.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:53 PM   #171
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
You're right it is possible. But why vote now? There's been no information presented, at least from my perspective, that makes it any easier or harder to figure out who is a villager.

That's also true for me. I'll point out two things: One, when I made the vote I thought the deadline was tonight, and was alarmed that there were no votes. So, I was just trying to get something started where some information might come out. Two, I reserve the right to change my vote if some information does come out.

knives out
Old 07-04-2007, 11:01 PM   #172
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Thanks for the clarifications, cronin.

I will be voting to lynch again, though based on the analysis I worked through with cronin, question whether we'll get a lynch AGAIN as the underlying reasons for not lynching yesterday are still present, as I feared. This lynch vote, however, is less likely to be on Pass. Though I think you can easily construct a scenario where he does this reveal as a wolf, I think we should be giving out info and don't want to punish someone who has done that based on little more than an inclination.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:07 PM   #173
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Also anyone want to offer speculation about why DT?
Old 07-04-2007, 11:36 PM   #174
Swaggs
Coordinator

This may not be a popular suggestion, but I'll put it out there anyway.

If anyone is interested, I have acquired the recipe for a potion. I would like to lobby for anyone with a container of some sort and a liquid of any sort to consider passing it to me before the deadline.

I haven't really thought through the pros and cons of this real well, but I figured I would put it out there for discussion. If you disagree with my proposal, I'd like some ideas on what should be done with my recipe (do I make it public, pass it to someone, etc.)?
Old 07-05-2007, 02:31 AM   #175
Izulde
Head Coach

Nothing to report unfortunately, as I received no information of any sort. My guess is I spent all evening sleeping in my room.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:32 AM   #176
Izulde
Head Coach

dola,

I do think we should organize a lynch, as lynching gives us information, while not lynching gives baddies a free shot.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:48 AM   #177
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks for the clarifications, cronin.

I will be voting to lynch again, though based on the analysis I worked through with cronin, question whether we'll get a lynch AGAIN as the underlying reasons for not lynching yesterday are still present, as I feared. This lynch vote, however, is less likely to be on Pass. Though I think you can easily construct a scenario where he does this reveal as a wolf, I think we should be giving out info and don't want to punish someone who has done that based on little more than an inclination.

I'm not sure why you think nothing has changed. When I suggested this path two days ago, it was always with the intent it only go through one vote. I can't speak for others, but I will be voting to lynch someone today. We can afford to go a day without a lynch. We can't go two. And I think that was the feeling conveyed by a number of us no-lynch voters. So I'm not sure why you think we would go back on that.

I am going to vote closer to deadline after work, in the hopes more information or viable candidates are brought forth. I will be at my job most of the day until then.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:49 AM   #178
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
This may not be a popular suggestion, but I'll put it out there anyway.

If anyone is interested, I have acquired the recipe for a potion. I would like to lobby for anyone with a container of some sort and a liquid of any sort to consider passing it to me before the deadline.

I haven't really thought through the pros and cons of this real well, but I figured I would put it out there for discussion. If you disagree with my proposal, I'd like some ideas on what should be done with my recipe (do I make it public, pass it to someone, etc.)?

From what I understand, you don't need to worry about a container -- they're just laying around, or somesuch. That said, I am skeptical of a plan where several folks hand whatever ingredients they have to one person, just because they have a recipe.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:02 AM   #179
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
From what I understand, you don't need to worry about a container -- they're just laying around, or somesuch. That said, I am skeptical of a plan where several folks hand whatever ingredients they have to one person, just because they have a recipe.

Just so confusion of game mechanics doesn't get in the way of actually playing the game. Without confirming or denying anything that either of you or others may or may not have or know.. the way the potions work are:

Normal potions = 1 or 2 ingredients mixed in any old beaker you can find lying around (assumed anyone can find a beaker or some tube to mix a potion in when the time comes).

Special potions = 1 or 2 ingredients mixed in a specific type of item or items that might be findable in one of the rooms at night.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:45 AM   #180
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I'm not sure why you think nothing has changed. When I suggested this path two days ago, it was always with the intent it only go through one vote. I can't speak for others, but I will be voting to lynch someone today. We can afford to go a day without a lynch. We can't go two. And I think that was the feeling conveyed by a number of us no-lynch voters. So I'm not sure why you think we would go back on that.

I am going to vote closer to deadline after work, in the hopes more information or viable candidates are brought forth. I will be at my job most of the day until then.
CR, this frankly doesn't make a lot of sense. Why is no lynching good for one day but not two in your opinion?
Old 07-05-2007, 07:57 AM   #181
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm not sure I believe Izulde.

knives out
Old 07-05-2007, 08:26 AM   #182
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

You think he's playing dumb? It seems like he doesn't realize that he was supposed to choose a spot to sleep in at night...
Old 07-05-2007, 08:30 AM   #183
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I feel like we should get things started early today. I guess it depends on how you look at this day -- things were probably slow because of the holiday, so you could say it's like the day is beginning now, but also you could say that the day is half over. I don't usually vote early, so this vote is made with my usual timidity, meaning that I'm not averse to changing it. But after campaigning for people to pass him all their stuff, Swaggs is on my radar, so he gets my vote.

VOTE SWAGGS
Old 07-05-2007, 08:39 AM   #184
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
You think he's playing dumb? It seems like he doesn't realize that he was supposed to choose a spot to sleep in at night...

I suppose that's possible.

knives out
Old 07-05-2007, 08:51 AM   #185
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
I feel like we should get things started early today. I guess it depends on how you look at this day -- things were probably slow because of the holiday, so you could say it's like the day is beginning now, but also you could say that the day is half over. I don't usually vote early, so this vote is made with my usual timidity, meaning that I'm not averse to changing it. But after campaigning for people to pass him all their stuff, Swaggs is on my radar, so he gets my vote.

VOTE SWAGGS

I was just trying to put an idea out there. I'm willing to be transparent with what happens and even pass or "throw" the potion at someone that we can all agree on during the day.

If you have any better ideas, let them rip. You didn't really offer an alternative or critique of my proposal, so I think me putting an idea out there and you finding it suspicious is pretty weak.

BTW, if you all decide to vote for me, please try to mention who you find trustworthy, as early as it is, so that I can pass my recipe to someone that can help us with it.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:53 AM   #186
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I agree. Seems to me people have a default sleeping place, in this case the great room, if they don't submit. I feel like he'd still have gotten a "you didn't get anything" PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:54 AM   #187
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm out till after work.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:55 AM   #188
st.cronin
General Manager

Swaggs, is your recipe one that is equally useful for good or evil?

knives out
Old 07-05-2007, 09:17 AM   #189
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I was just trying to put an idea out there. I'm willing to be transparent with what happens and even pass or "throw" the potion at someone that we can all agree on during the day.

If you have any better ideas, let them rip. You didn't really offer an alternative or critique of my proposal, so I think me putting an idea out there and you finding it suspicious is pretty weak.

BTW, if you all decide to vote for me, please try to mention who you find trustworthy, as early as it is, so that I can pass my recipe to someone that can help us with it.

Didn't offer an alternative? I performed the alternative! I was in the exact same situation as you claim to be. You can see my proposed alternative in what I did. I came out with what the recipe was, and let the village know. You could say this was more important for me to do than for you, because I was the only person to get votes on Day 1, so in case I get lynched today, I needed to get that info out to the village. You could also say that was a more dangerous move, since I was already in danger of being lynched, and came out with some info that we know wolves have, but either way, as a villager, the right move is to let the village know what you've got. I could be wrong on this, but I figure that the wolves already know the recipe you have (but it might just be the case that the wolves know some, but not all of the recipes).

Didn't critique? I may not have come out and said it, but having several of us passing items to one person can be very dangerous, if that person is a wolf. Statisitically, the odds are in favor of you being a villager, but if you're not, we're screwed. And if you are, we get a potion, and we don't even know what it does. There's way too much risk, and not enough reward, in my opinion.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:19 AM   #190
hoopsguy
General Manager

BK, I can understand the line of questioning about no lynch on Day 1, but it feels like you are being intentionally obtuse with questions about why people would move forward with a lynch on Day 2. Clearly we cannot grant a kill each and every day while trying to compile more information.

Hindsight being 20/20, did we learn enough on Night 1 to justify the "no lynch" line of action? Based on what I've read so far, probably not. If you are trying to raise a point for future games, message received loud and clear. But it isn't really helping us ferret out wolves this game.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:20 AM   #191
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

No way am I voting Swaggs, I just don't see a wolf putting himself out there like that.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:24 AM   #192
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, this is probably a case of me just missing something but ...

Does recipe = potion or magic item? I would assume the former, I didn't find this information with a quick re-read of the rules.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:25 AM   #193
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Here's another alternative -- we can have Swaggs pass the recipe to someone else, who can verify what the recipe was. This might help us build a little bit of trust in a couple people, but I think there's a lot of problems with that -- I'd rather that the whole village just knows the recipes.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:28 AM   #194
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Also, this is probably a case of me just missing something but ...

Does recipe = potion or magic item? I would assume the former, I didn't find this information with a quick re-read of the rules.

From how I understand it, a recipe is used to make a potion. A magic item is made by combining a potion with a non-magic item.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:30 AM   #195
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I assumed potion...but I admit I haven't read the rules closely.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:31 AM   #196
st.cronin
General Manager

Has anybody had any indication that they might become aware of other player's night actions based on what room they're in?

knives out
Old 07-05-2007, 09:31 AM   #197
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I'd rather that the whole village just knows the recipes.

why, it seems to me if we let the wolves know everything we have we are giving them a huge advantage.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:33 AM   #198
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Those whom are sect members (evil players) will receive a different PM including who else is a member of the sect, the sect's winning condition (listed above), and what recipes they know at the start of the game.

Seems to me like the wolves already know multiple recipes each. They might not know all of them, but there's a good chance that any recipes an individual villager knows, the wolves know, too.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:33 AM   #199
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I'd rather that the whole village just knows the recipes.

It depends on what the recipes are, no? I'm guessing there are some recipes we would prefer to destroy if possible.

knives out
Old 07-05-2007, 09:42 AM   #200
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Seems to me something about Pass just isn't sitting well. First he jumps on Swaggs and then seems to be highly knowledgeable about what the wolves might or might not know

And Cronin, did you give a good reason for voting me?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote