Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-06-2007, 08:44 AM   #401
Swaggs
Coordinator

I slept in the storeroom last night and picked up another item.

I also retrieved an item from Izulde after he died.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:57 AM   #402
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Swaggs, do you mind revealing what those items are? You revealed the first item you had -- are you unwilling to reveal these?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:02 AM   #403
Swaggs
Coordinator

No, I actually don't mind.

I kind of want to reveal them because I feel like I need to pass them off before I get killed and they get redistributed.

I have:
Mushrooms (began day 1 with them)
Artificial Lens (got from Izulde since I voted for him)
Cactus Bulb (found in the storeroom last night)

I thought the articificial lens may have been a tool, like a magnifying glass, that could have helped me find things easier or something, but it was clarified to me that it is an ingredient.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:04 AM   #404
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Thanks, Swaggs. That reveal, and especially that sentiment, really raises you in my eyes.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:07 AM   #405
Swaggs
Coordinator

I really have no idea on a CoT or how to begin forming one in this game.

I'm holding out hope that we have someone with some powers to help us, but not feeling real confident that we do.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:09 AM   #406
Swaggs
Coordinator

I would again like to suggest that folks try to share information as much as possible.

Each time there is a night kill, the wolves get all of the victims items, so they are going to be able to put potions and spells together much quicker than we are. I think if we try to do things in the public eye AND during the day, so that we are forced to be accountable for what we are doing, we can semi-negate that advantage they have over us.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:11 AM   #407
RendeR
Coordinator

I spent a second night in the kitchen, and again was told that due to the sheer mass of utensils to bew found there I came up empty again, though further searching should lead to something being found.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:12 AM   #408
Passacaglia
Coordinator

My inclination at this point is to look at people who haven't come forth with any information. These include AE, path, hoops, and ntn (who disclosed an item that he no longer claims to have).
Old 07-06-2007, 09:13 AM   #409
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I would again like to suggest that folks try to share information as much as possible.

Each time there is a night kill, the wolves get all of the victims items, so they are going to be able to put potions and spells together much quicker than we are. I think if we try to do things in the public eye AND during the day, so that we are forced to be accountable for what we are doing, we can semi-negate that advantage they have over us.

I agree with this. If you trust me, can I have your mushrooms? If you don't, or you want to hang on to them, I understand.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:22 AM   #410
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I was in the storeroom last night and found an item.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:25 AM   #411
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I agree with this. If you trust me, can I have your mushrooms? If you don't, or you want to hang on to them, I understand.

I'll send it over.

Do you have any liquids?
Old 07-06-2007, 09:26 AM   #412
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I was in the storeroom last night and found an item.

Anything liquid?
Old 07-06-2007, 09:27 AM   #413
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Anything liquid?
Still have the milk, but no my new item isn't liquid.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:30 AM   #414
hoopsguy
General Manager

By the way, I'm guessing that Cronin was killed last night because of his line of questioning about destroying items that were bad for the village, as well as his reference to an enigmatic PM. Finally, he was one of the players that did not indicate whether or not he found an item. Add all of those things up and I'm guessing the wolves wanted to know just what it was he found Night 1.

Pass, I'm not sure if there is value to offering up what my starting ingredient was. If someone publishes a recipe that lists it as an ingredient I would be excited to have a tangible contribution to offer. I haven't found anything the last two nights while searching, so I can't give something I don't have. But I've been very upfront about my lack of results.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:30 AM   #415
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I'll send it over.

Do you have any liquids?

Go fish.

Anyone have any peppers?
Old 07-06-2007, 09:31 AM   #416
Swaggs
Coordinator

Alan, can you clarify whether or not we need to possess a recipe to create something?
Old 07-06-2007, 09:33 AM   #417
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
By the way, I'm guessing that Cronin was killed last night because of his line of questioning about destroying items that were bad for the village, as well as his reference to an enigmatic PM. Finally, he was one of the players that did not indicate whether or not he found an item. Add all of those things up and I'm guessing the wolves wanted to know just what it was he found Night 1.

Pass, I'm not sure if there is value to offering up what my starting ingredient was. If someone publishes a recipe that lists it as an ingredient I would be excited to have a tangible contribution to offer. I haven't found anything the last two nights while searching, so I can't give something I don't have. But I've been very upfront about my lack of results.

Cronin also had the beeswax. Perhaps the wolves wanted it to make something? We know they have mercury and beeswax. Maybe they were going for those two for a reason. The enigmatic PM is a good point, but my hunch is that its details wouldn't have done much to help us, otherwise cronin would have clarified it more.

As for not revaling your item, that decision is obviously yours. It's not like you're the only one who hasn't (I didn't include LSG and Lathum on my list, since they revealed names, but they didn't reveal their items also). I just wanted to get that info out there.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:37 AM   #418
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, can you clarify whether or not we need to possess a recipe to create something?

Anyone can try to make a potion by simply posessing the ingredient(s) and sending me a PM listing what ingredient(s) and any other special considerations to make the potion.

If you send me a correct recipe, your attempt will be successful regardless if you currently have the recipe, have ever had it, or even just got lucky with your attempt.

If you send me an incorrect recipe, you may be still successful in creating a potion, but it might have adverse side effects. Or you might fail completely and simply lose your items.

You will simply be told if you made a potion or not.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:37 AM   #419
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Cronin also had the beeswax. Perhaps the wolves wanted it to make something? We know they have mercury and beeswax. Maybe they were going for those two for a reason. The enigmatic PM is a good point, but my hunch is that its details wouldn't have done much to help us, otherwise cronin would have clarified it more.

As for not revaling your item, that decision is obviously yours. It's not like you're the only one who hasn't (I didn't include LSG and Lathum on my list, since they revealed names, but they didn't reveal their items also). I just wanted to get that info out there.

I think this is a good time to make a suggestion that will make me seem selfish, but is worth discussing.

One of the reasons that I voted for Izulde was because, at the time, he looked like a runaway for the vote and I wanted to be in on his items. I think it would probably be smart for non-wolves to avoid "throwaway" votes from here on, so that we have a greater chance to get lynched players' items and keep them away from the wolves.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:38 AM   #420
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Does anyone have a list of all of the ingredients we know are out there? I think figuring out how many there are might be useful for us.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:40 AM   #421
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I think this is a good time to make a suggestion that will make me seem selfish, but is worth discussing.

One of the reasons that I voted for Izulde was because, at the time, he looked like a runaway for the vote and I wanted to be in on his items. I think it would probably be smart for non-wolves to avoid "throwaway" votes from here on, so that we have a greater chance to get lynched players' items and keep them away from the wolves.
I won't disagree, but I think last night's very close vote is informative for us and if we had done as you suggest would have had far less movement at the end with four players being close to being lynched (Izulde, me, hoops, and LSG).
Old 07-06-2007, 09:40 AM   #422
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Does anyone have a list of all of the ingredients we know are out there? I think figuring out how many there are might be useful for us.

That are currently in our game or that are available?
Old 07-06-2007, 09:40 AM   #423
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll put out my starting item - I'll be moving it to someone by the end of the day even if it is not useful for a known recipe in the event that the wolves value it more than the villagers at this point.

Cactus bulb.

I can see how excited everyone is about this revelation.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:46 AM   #424
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I count 9 ingredients that I know there is existence of.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:47 AM   #425
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Er, by existence, I mean, that I've seen someone reveal them, or have them myself, or have seen them mentioned in a recipe. And I meant 10.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:48 AM   #426
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Swaggs, you said you need a liquid. Barkeep has the sour milk. Is that what you're looking for? Or are you even still looking for liquid?
Old 07-06-2007, 09:48 AM   #427
Swaggs
Coordinator

Well, after reading Alan's post, I'm tempted to just mix what I have together and see if I can come up with anything. And then test it by throwing it at someone else.

BTW, anyone have anything like a special container?
Old 07-06-2007, 09:51 AM   #428
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Swaggs, you said you need a liquid. Barkeep has the sour milk. Is that what you're looking for? Or are you even still looking for liquid?

As appealing as the sour milk sounds, it is not what I need.

I need a special container + the liquid.

If anyone can help me with this stuff, I'll be happy to use it in front of you all today or pass it off to someone who would promise to use it today, in front of us.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:54 AM   #429
Swaggs
Coordinator

hoops, do you have more than one item?
Old 07-06-2007, 10:00 AM   #430
hoopsguy
General Manager

No, just the one I've started with. I've struck out on both visit to the kitchen. Which is especially irritating given the PM from the first night suggested that I would have better luck going back to the same place. The night 2 PM was more of the same, saying that my familiarity with the room should make it even easier for me to find something next time. I think random.org hates me.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:06 AM   #431
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Thanks, Swaggs, I got your things. Hey y'all, if you have that special container or liquid, please pass it to me. Try to do it today, as I'm not sure I'll live through the night, please.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:08 AM   #432
Swaggs
Coordinator

Here is what I suspect, as far as rooms (I posted this once before, but it was not commented on):

Where you stay affects what you find.

Storage Room -- Items (unfinished)
Library -- Recipes
Kitchen -- Containers (?)

There is a difference between regular containers (which we are all assumed to have access to, at any time; ie: we don't need to have them within our possessions) and special containers. Some recipes call for a special container.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:11 AM   #433
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Thanks, Swaggs, I got your things. Hey y'all, if you have that special container or liquid, please pass it to me. Try to do it today, as I'm not sure I'll live through the night, please.

In the event that you don't end up with the items you need, remember that stuff can be passed twice. So don't be afraid to move a bunch of stuff at the end of the day (or at least suggest that you would do this) to try and keep yourself around a little longer. We don't have to give the wolves a roadmap for who to hit by posting in the thread, as long as we reserve the right to make that second pass on an item.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:13 AM   #434
hoopsguy
General Manager

Swaggs, here is the info I had at the end of yesterday regarding rooms/people/items. I had this on my laptop and Cronin replicated some of this while I was making my way home. The results fall in line with your suggestion, although it is a small sample set:

Storeroom - AE (ingredient), Lathum (nada), Barkeep (?)

Great Hall - Cronin (?)

Kitchen - Hoops (nada), RenderR (nada), Path (?)

Library - Pass (recipe), NTN (nada), CR (nada), Swaggs (recipe)

No action - LSG, Izulde
Old 07-06-2007, 10:15 AM   #435
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Swaggs, here is the info I had at the end of yesterday regarding rooms/people/items. I had this on my laptop and Cronin replicated some of this while I was making my way home. The results fall in line with your suggestion, although it is a small sample set:

Storeroom - AE (ingredient), Lathum (nada), Barkeep (?)

Great Hall - Cronin (?)

Kitchen - Hoops (nada), RenderR (nada), Path (?)

Library - Pass (recipe), NTN (nada), CR (nada), Swaggs (recipe)

No action - LSG, Izulde

I spent last night in the storeroom and found an ingredient.

Hopefully some other folks can add to this, so we can improve our evidence.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:21 AM   #436
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
In the event that you don't end up with the items you need, remember that stuff can be passed twice. So don't be afraid to move a bunch of stuff at the end of the day (or at least suggest that you would do this) to try and keep yourself around a little longer. We don't have to give the wolves a roadmap for who to hit by posting in the thread, as long as we reserve the right to make that second pass on an item.

I see what you're saying, but it's still early. I'm going to hold out hope that I can make some useful thing(s) out of all this. Even with all this stuff, I doubt that I'm the best target. It's more of a just-in-case thing, though. Besides, I'd like to do what I can before the day ends, anyway.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:21 AM   #437
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Go fish.

Anyone have any peppers?

Yep.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:22 AM   #438
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, after reading Alan's post, I'm tempted to just mix what I have together and see if I can come up with anything. And then test it by throwing it at someone else.

BTW, anyone have anything like a special container?

Yep.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:23 AM   #439
Passacaglia
Coordinator

path, can I have them?
Old 07-06-2007, 10:24 AM   #440
Swaggs
Coordinator

Path, can you verify where you acquired them?
Old 07-06-2007, 10:25 AM   #441
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I spent last night in the storeroom and found an ingredient.

Hopefully some other folks can add to this, so we can improve our evidence.

I spent last night in the library and got a recipe. I have one of the ingredients needed, but I don't really see how a silencing potion helps us.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:26 AM   #442
Swaggs
Coordinator

What about the container?
Old 07-06-2007, 10:26 AM   #443
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Path, can you verify where you acquired them?

I found a special container in the kitchen night 1 and had peppers to start with.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:28 AM   #444
path12
Coordinator

Dola, I went to the library last night in hopes of finding out what to do with the container. I haven't mentioned my items before now for obvious reasons. I'll give them to Pass and see what happens.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:29 AM   #445
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sounds like one way or another the game is about to get more interesting.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:30 AM   #446
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Check out path, coming through for the village! I'll wait for them.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:30 AM   #447
Swaggs
Coordinator

Pass, are you going to be on for a while?

I need to head to work shortly, so if you will be around, I will pass you what you need with the container and you can use it today and see what happens.

Sound alright?
Old 07-06-2007, 10:31 AM   #448
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Swaggs, I think you've already passed me everything you need to.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:32 AM   #449
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Sorry Swaggs, I didn't realize you'd be leaving shortly. I'll leave it up to you to decide what to do.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:32 AM   #450
Swaggs
Coordinator

And do you think that recipe I had would be the most useful at harming wolves?

I think it sounds like it could provide either protection or hurt evil.