Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-03-2010, 02:47 AM   #1
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

WW 110 - Mortal Kombat (Game Over) OUTWORLD WINS

So jackal PM'd me and he'd rather I run a game before his. So I'm posting sign ups for WW110. It's going to be pretty standard as It's my first time running again but don't worry, my second game will be a good one :-) Tons of ideas. I'll leave sign ups open for a few days and aim for a start maybe monday, unless we get enough people quickly in which case we can start earlier if you prefer. This game is going to give a shout out to a revolutionary game that came out around 18 years ago, the game of mortal kombat.

rules will also be posted the next couple of days

1. Danny - Liu Kang (Bodyguard), Day 2 Night Kill
2. Poli
3. Telle
4. Lathum - Sub Zero, Day 3 Night Kill
5. Purduebrad
6. J23 - Smoke, Duked day 3
7. ntndeacon - Jax, Day 4 Lynch
8. Kwhit - Raiden (Seer), Day 2 Lynch
9. Autumn - Reptile, Day 1 Night Kill
10. EagleFan
11. Jackal - Sonya Blade (Slut), Day 1 Lynch

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise

Last edited by Darth Vilus : 03-12-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:47 AM   #2
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Once every generation, there is a martial arts tournament known as Mortal Kombat.

This tournament was designed by the Elder Gods as a way for the different realms of the universe to defend themselves against Outworld, the most powerful of the realms, after it became too powerful. If one of the realms is able to garner ten straight victories in Mortal Kombat then the leader of that realm will be able to pass through the dimensional gates and invade a realm of their choosing. The realm of Outworld ruled by the Emperor known as Shao Kahn has won nine, and now the tenth tournament looms on the horizon. If Shao Kahn's warriors win their tenth consecutive victory then Earthrealm will fall.

Now Lord Raiden, God of Thunder and sworn protector of Earthrealm, has assembled a team of Earth's greatest fighters to compete in Mortal Kombat. Their goal: to overcome Shao Kahn’s malevolent forces and win the tournament in order to prevent Outworld from condemning Earthrealm to eternal damnation. The fate the people of the Earth now lies with Earth’s mightiest warriors: Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, Sub-Zero, Sonya Blade,

The table has been set, now let the tournament begin!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise

Last edited by Darth Vilus : 03-03-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:49 AM   #3
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

So the deadline will be at 9:00 Pm EST, you guys will just have to wait a bit for the results sometimes. Every day each player will vote to lynch one person by bolding that person's name.

Vote Darth Vilus

The candidate who receives the most votes by deadline will be lynched and removed from te tournament. There are no draws in the Mortal Kombat tournament, if there is a tie vote both candidates will be disqualified from competition. There will be no editing votes and no quoting of PMs in the thread.

WIN Conditions:

Warriors of Earthrealm (Good): The warriors of Earthrealm win the tournament if they are able to eliminate all of the Warriors of Outworld.

Warriors of Outworld (Evil): The warriors of Outworld win the tournament if they are able to achieve a 1:1 ratio with the warriors of Earthrealm

Roles: Depending on the amount of players all roles may not appear in the game.

Sides:

Warriors of Earthrealm:

Raiden: The God of Thunder and Defender of earthrealm has decided to enter the tournament himself alongside his heroes. Using his godly powers Raiden may push his sight out around the tournament grounds and spy on one combatant of his choosing.

Liu Kang: Member of the Shaolin White Lotus Clan and one of the strongest warriors Earthrealm has to offer. Liu Kang's strength is only matched by the power of his heart, and he makes use of both by protecting one of his comrades every night from being murdered by Shao kahn's forces. He may guard any player but can not guard the same player on consecutive nights.

Sonya Blade: Sonya is a beautiful, stern, tough-as-nails lieutenant of Earthrealm's Special Forces unit the OIA. Using her beauty as a distraction Sonya is able to prevent a combatant from using their special ability for the night.

Johnny Cage: A martial arts superstar trained by great masters around the world Johnny Cage has joined Raiden to defeat Shao Kahn as well as prove to the world that he is the great fighter he portrays in his films. Since Johnny needs to keep himself healthy for photo shoots he always travels with a personal medical team on hand. If he is the night kill target his team will be able to save him from death, but since he will have depleted theirs supplies he may only do this once.

Scorpion: Deceased ninja and now a yellowgarbed hellspawned spectre Scorpion seeks vengence against those responsible for the destruction of his clan and death of his family. Scorpion has agreed to aid Raiden in his bout to save Earthrealm but ultimately he has his own agenda. Once in the game Scorpion will use his spear to hurl the lynch candidate off the block and replace them with a combatant of his choosing.

Sub-Zero: Member of the Lin kuei clan Sub-Zero is a descendant of the Cryomancers. Like his ancestors before him he possesses the ability to generate and control the powers of ice. Powers which will aid Earthrealm's warriors greatly in their fight against Shao kahn. he has the ability to freeze one combatant of his choosing each night and prevent them from posting in the thread.

Warriors of Outworld: Each night the Outworlders must select one member of their realm to perform the night kill. The same member may not perform a kill on consecutive nights unless they are the only one left

Shao Kahn: As Emperor of Outworld Shao Kahn's lust for power is matched only by his ruthlessness. To ensure the fall of Earthrealm he has entered the tournament himself, a feat never seen before. Known for his godlike strength, brutality, and knowledge of black magic Shao kahn will not go down eaily. If defeated in Mortal Kombat he will take another combatant of his choosing down with him.

Shang Tsung: A powerful and deadly sorcerer Shang Tsung must devour the souls of fallen warriors. After swearing allegiance to Shao Kahn Shang Tsung was taught the Black Art of Shapeshifting by the Emperor. Using his this ability he is able to avoid detection fro Raiden's ever watchful eye.

Goro: A 2,000 year old half human half dragon Shokan, Goro remains undefeated for the last 500 years. Immensely powerful and bloodthirsty he is extremely difficult to fend off, too difficult for the bodyguard and Johnny Cage's mediacl team. No one survives a Night Kill by Goro.

Other:

Smoke: Former member of the Lin Kuei clan smoke was one of three members turned into a Cyborg. As Sub-Zero was his friend and allly he rescued and reprogrammed Smoke to aid him and Raiden in their fight. If Smoke is Night killed however, his killer will reprogram him to fight for the forces of Outworld. He counts towards whatever side he is programmed to.

―Darth Plagueis the Wise

Last edited by Darth Vilus : 03-04-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:49 AM   #4
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

―Darth Plagueis the Wise

Last edited by Darth Vilus : 03-05-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:50 AM   #5
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

The Kombatants!

―Darth Plagueis the Wise

Last edited by Darth Vilus : 03-05-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:33 AM   #6
Danny
Head Coach

ill play
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:06 AM   #7
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Welcome to my day 1 vote, danny.

IN.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:16 AM   #8
Telle
College Starter

I'll play.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:08 AM   #9
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

In.

to early to VOTE POLI?
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:36 AM   #10
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Definitely in
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:36 AM   #11
J23
College Benchwarmer

I should have time to actively participate this game. I'm in.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:59 AM   #12
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

in
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:13 AM   #13
KWhit
Coordinator

In.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:36 AM   #14
Autumn
Head Coach

i'll play
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:41 PM   #15
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Oh and btw cuz of work and me being on PST I might not be around til a few hours after deadline. So we have 2 choices, 1-U guys just have to wait a bit for deadline results or 2-I have someone else post deadline and night results. What do you guys think?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 03-03-2010, 12:58 PM   #16
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
Oh and btw cuz of work and me being on PST I might not be around til a few hours after deadline. So we have 2 choices, 1-U guys just have to wait a bit for deadline results or 2-I have someone else post deadline and night results. What do you guys think?

I didn't see a deadline listed. Am I missing that? I would say make the deadline convenient for you.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:16 PM   #17
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

No i didn't post a deadline yet, i was waiting to hear evryone's thoughts. My work schedule can be pretty varied sometimes but usually i won't be home til around 12:00am EST. That doesn't really work for most players

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 03-03-2010, 01:32 PM   #18
J23
College Benchwarmer

I don't mind the delay on the results. I'd rather have another player than someone sit out to do the results for you!
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:00 PM   #19
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

FATALITY!!
Old 03-05-2010, 02:09 PM   #20
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

looks like this is going to be a small game but i'll leave sign-ups open until 9:00pm East on Sun. When I get home i'll send out PMs for a Monday start

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 03-05-2010, 02:20 PM   #21
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Was thinking about taking a game off but I'll jump in.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:49 PM   #22
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Glad EF is here, 'cause I really want to ninja kick him.

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 03-05-2010 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Toned down my insult of EF, as I didn't really want to be that mean to him. I just want to kick him.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:52 PM   #23
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post

What did I miss in the edit?
Old 03-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #24
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

vote PB

Just warming up...

Wasn't going to go back to my PB day one vote but something has given me the idea again.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #25
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

double dola: I'll defend Poli's right to vote Danny this game and don't think he should be looked at just because he has a day one pattern. If he votes that pattern early there is nothing that anyone should be able to say about that as we all need to come up with a day one vote anyway and have nothing to go off (unless we are wolves).

Wanted to say something last game but couldn't.

Now if Poli were to show up 5 minutes before the deadline and vote Danny (because he is person number 1) but the vote was a race between 2 or 3 others and Danny was nowhere in sight of that race; that would be entirely different.

The problem that I see is the logic was used against him last game and by chance he was a wolf. That makes the arguement look valid instead of looking at the other games where he did it and wasn't a wolf.

It's like I said, the following logic seems to come into play based upon day one votes:

- Voted early, must be a wolf
- Voted late, must be a wolf
- Gave a reason for the vote that has nothing to do with this game, must be a wolf
- Gave a reason that sounds like it's about this game, must be a wolf trying to sway opinion
- Gave no reason, must be a wolf
- Used random.org, must be a wolf
- Didn't use random.org but just randomly chose, must be a wolf
- Broke a tie, must be a wolf
- Tied it up, must be a wolf
- Vote in self defense, must be a wolf
- Didn't vote in self defense, must be a wolf
- Moved you vote off a player that wasn't in the running onto one that was, must be a wolf
- Left your vote on someone who wasn't in the running instead of moving to one that was, must be a wolf
- Voted for someone who was lynched and turned out to be a wolf, must be a wolf trying to gain trust
- Voted for someone who was lynched and turned out to be a villager, must be a wolf
- Voted for the second place vote getter and the one who was lynched turned out to be a wolf, must be a wolf trying to protect the other one
- Voted for the second place vote getter and the one who was lynched turned out to be a villager, must be a wolf trying to earn trust or hide
Old 03-05-2010, 03:27 PM   #26
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

You for got the is EagleFan so must be a wolf
Old 03-05-2010, 03:27 PM   #27
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

oops wasnt suppsed to be bolded
Old 03-05-2010, 03:29 PM   #28
Autumn
Head Coach

I just can't wait until Poli signs up for a game first.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:31 PM   #29
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
vote PB

Just warming up...

Wasn't going to go back to my PB day one vote but something has given me the idea again.

Remember, I always have a role. Why would you want to vote me and my role off on day 1, unless of course you are a wolf (or you're Lathum and afraid I'll duke it to you).
Old 03-05-2010, 03:47 PM   #30
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Remember, I always have a role. Why would you want to vote me and my role off on day 1, unless of course you are a wolf (or you're Lathum and afraid I'll duke it to you).

Already telling half the truth. The saying goes.. is always either a wolf or has a role... Sounds like you are trying to downplay the wolf angle. Must be a wolf trying to manipulate...

Old 03-05-2010, 03:55 PM   #31
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

If this one goes ok then i'll consider doing a sequel someday with some fighting mechanics. Maybe even test you might and fatalities

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 03-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #32
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If this one goes ok then i'll consider doing a sequel someday with some fighting mechanics. Maybe even test you might and fatalities

That actually gives me an idea for a UFC themed game...
Old 03-05-2010, 04:14 PM   #33
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
That actually gives me an idea for a UFC themed game...

Lol, if you want it then run with it bro

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 03-05-2010, 05:32 PM   #34
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Lol, if you want it then run with it bro

No reason they both can't happen.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:39 PM   #35
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I was actually thinking about this too. Leading lynch candidate calls out one player of his choice and they fight to the death. Figure do a fatigue angle, so the same person would eventually lose if they had to fight multiple nights in a row.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #36
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Already telling half the truth. The saying goes.. is always either a wolf or has a role... Sounds like you are trying to downplay the wolf angle. Must be a wolf trying to manipulate...

I've never heard this weird second half of the rule that you are referencing.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:01 AM   #37
The Jackal
Coordinator

I don't know how my availability will be next week but I'll jump in to help the numbers.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:47 PM   #38
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

PMs have been sent out, let me know if anyone didn't get one. Night 1 Deadline will be Monday 9:00pm EST.

on a side note, how do u change the name of the thread?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 03-07-2010, 10:17 PM   #39
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

The time has finally come, the day of the Mortal Kombat tournament has begun. Every kombatant stands before the arena looking upon the warriors around them. Some come for glory, some seek vengeance, others crave immortality. Now, after years of preparation the time has come for the warriors to face one another in combat. As the drums begin to sound and the crowd erupts into cheers The Elder Gods cry out.....

FIGHT!!!!!

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 03-07-2010, 10:55 PM   #40
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Well, then I'm starting this party the way it should be:

vote Eaglefan
Old 03-08-2010, 12:33 AM   #41
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
PMs have been sent out, let me know if anyone didn't get one. Night 1 Deadline will be Monday 9:00pm EST.

on a side note, how do u change the name of the thread?

Edit post number one and then select advanced. It will allow you to edit the thread title from there.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:36 AM   #42
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, then I'm starting this party the way it should be:

vote Eaglefan

Wow, that was quick...

Just checking in, I'll hold my vote until tomorrow when I am a little more awake.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:55 AM   #43
Danny
Head Coach

Checking in
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:32 AM   #44
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Wow, that was quick...

Just checking in, I'll hold my vote until tomorrow when I am a little more awake.

A little more awake? Seriously, I'm your day 1 every time. If you don't vote me, then we know you're a wolf. Of course, feel free to branch out furball.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:58 AM   #45
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
A little more awake? Seriously, I'm your day 1 every time. If you don't vote me, then we know you're a wolf. Of course, feel free to branch out furball.

Interesting statement. You haven't been my constant day one vote for a little while now. You even acknowledged that in a previous game.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:03 AM   #46
KWhit
Coordinator

Hey all. Checking in.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:17 AM   #47
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Interesting statement. You haven't been my constant day one vote for a little while now. You even acknowledged that in a previous game.

I'm just seeing if I can make you vote for me.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:21 AM   #48
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm just seeing if I can make you vote for me.

I looked it up. My last day one vote for you was July 7, 2009. The 24 game. Your misleading statement seems too obvious a wolf ploy and that isn't like you.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:28 AM   #49
Autumn
Head Coach

Looks like squabbling is already breaking out among the warriors. I will politely ignore it.

I don't know if I've played a small game like this before. The heat is on. Let's hope for some good voting this time around. I should be around today.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:37 AM   #50
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I looked it up. My last day one vote for you was July 7, 2009. The 24 game. Your misleading statement seems too obvious a wolf ploy and that isn't like you.

Wow, has it really been that long? Sheesh. Guess I should be the bigger man, get over the grudge, and unvote you.

yeah, right. Voting you is the best D1 reasoning I can put together.