Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-26-2010, 05:26 PM   #1351
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Well that is what I was expressing to Saldana, now that I get you it's all good.

Funny you should mention it, I've actually TRIED to be quiet in this thread to not give myself too much suspicion but it just doesn't work. I enjoy trying to analyze the posts and votes as well as cracking jokes too much to shut up.

And I think pretty much every post I make there's some sort of joke or satire or sarcasm in it. (No, really????) Within this game I indeed have noticed that can get dangerous as people have often said "I just can't read him". HOwever, one benefit it has is that since there is suspicion on me because of it, the wolves often leave me alone at night. Granted that isn't always true but I do find myself as a target frequently. And then of course that gets me stressed and I start talking and rambling and getting more defensive until my head blows up.....*BOOM*
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #1352
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I would give golden showers to Yankee fans all day if I could.

That's a cause I could support.

We could always add Mets fans too...

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:10 PM   #1353
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
A wolf ability, they just had the vote count wrong internally and messed up.

This was not the case. Not really sure where you got this from. I knew exactly what the vote count was when I nightfalled it.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:11 PM   #1354
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Infact I made the last vote on Henry to make the vote count exactly what I wanted it to be.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:11 PM   #1355
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
That's a cause I could support.

We could always add Mets fans too...

you want my next half page rant to be about you, don't you???
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:17 PM   #1356
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Guess it doesn't read well.

this...right here....i am sure you are a nice guy in reality and are funny in an obnoxious sort of way, but that is with people that you know and can hear the tone of your voice...it doesnt work that way on a message board....i call my friends things alot worse than douchebag everyday but the key phrase is "my friends"....people that know me and my mannerisms...what do you think would happen if you walked up to a guy in a bar and called him a douchebag?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #1357
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

To explain the nightfall I brought it up and BK thought it would be a good idea to use it ASAP. I agreed. DV strongly disagreed.

On the inside both BK and myself realized that DV was a huge suspect and was going to be the lynch vote eventually. If anything, I misjudged how much trust I gained through the anti-DV analysis and thought I could salvage a DV lynch with a Henry lynch. I thought I set Henry up really good as a partner in crime with DV. And above all, I thought I looked really good regardless as even thought Henry was a villager, without my analysis there is no DV lynch candidate.

We never expected in a million years that a tie=everyone lynched. We never even entertained this posibility and thus we(BK and I) decided to use it once CF, DV, and Henry were all tied.

Prior to this I unvoted Henry and REALLY wanted to vote DV, but BK told me to wait for a chance to put my vote back on Henry. BAM! Someone says lets follow the scientist, so I follow.

The rest is history.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #1358
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
And the "you've been here three months" comment was exactly what I've been feeling (as I posted in the Role Assignments thread about nepotism).

I've been here probably only a month or two longer than you, and at times I've certainly felt more of an outsider than a number of people. I can't see how that can't be expected given that a number of these folks have been around for years talking w/ each other, even before this forum existed.

Comedy doesn't always translate well in text, and until people know you well enough to know how to take your comments, they'll often be misunderstood, which is what I think happened with you from day one. And then when you start bickering w/ someone that's been around for years, their friends are likely going to get defensive, and I think that's a large part of what happened.

Anyway, hopefully the bunch of people that turned out for this game will stick around to play a few more at least, since it was fun seeing a lot of the veterans that I've heard stories about in past threads show up and play; It's certainly more fun having you guys around.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:47 PM   #1359
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

yeah. I'm still waiting to see the "great hoops" in action.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:54 PM   #1360
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Also sorry RA. I hadn't seen you around in a while but after your public support for me both BK and I thought you were the exorcist so we made the tough decision to off you.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:13 PM   #1361
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
To explain the nightfall I brought it up and BK thought it would be a good idea to use it ASAP. I agreed. DV strongly disagreed.

On the inside both BK and myself realized that DV was a huge suspect and was going to be the lynch vote eventually. If anything, I misjudged how much trust I gained through the anti-DV analysis and thought I could salvage a DV lynch with a Henry lynch. I thought I set Henry up really good as a partner in crime with DV. And above all, I thought I looked really good regardless as even thought Henry was a villager, without my analysis there is no DV lynch candidate.

We never expected in a million years that a tie=everyone lynched. We never even entertained this posibility and thus we(BK and I) decided to use it once CF, DV, and Henry were all tied.

Prior to this I unvoted Henry and REALLY wanted to vote DV, but BK told me to wait for a chance to put my vote back on Henry. BAM! Someone says lets follow the scientist, so I follow.

The rest is history.

I'm glad I was the conduit for your evil plan.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:22 PM   #1362
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Seriously, I knew the nightfall was coming and even my jaw hit the floor when DV, Henry, and CF were all lynched. It was like all of our evil plans went up in one glorious scorcher. I mean any of the three are lynched I think there is a good chance we spend the next couple of days lynching the others to figure out the mess, in the mean time the voting record gets muddy and we get night kills. Instead we get Abe'ed and all three go. Reminds why I love Abe games so much. No matter how good of a handle you think you have on the game you make a move and get the obvious result, which of course you had never thought of. Then you spend the next couple of hours thinking, "Wow, I'm such a moron."

Last edited by dubb93 : 03-26-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:24 PM   #1363
Danny
Head Coach

Did you guys really need to kill me so soon?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:27 PM   #1364
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Did you guys really need to kill me so soon?

We decided that you were just too good to leave around no matter if you had a role or not. Consider it a complement.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #1365
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

For the record I hate that the work computer doesn't spell check these posts.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:38 PM   #1366
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I know! I Agree! I tried roleplaying in the mobster game and boy did that make me a target and get me killed kinda quick
Do you guys ever do games that aren't "werewolf" and/or are more RP-like?

There are definitely some less werewolfy games, check out Abe's Dungeon game, for one. And there have been some games that were more RPish. Check out the last Marvel game. It was one where we all used new accounts for our comic book character. that lent to some roleplaying, though in my experience a lot of players would rather not do that. I was Dr. Doom, and that was great fun for me, but not for everyone.

On another note, for my game coming up in a while I'm going to be doing a non-Werewolf version of Survivor, kind of a straight up Survivor for text sim fans. My last game I did a completely standard game, so I figure I earned it. I know some people don't like the non-WW games, so this is fair warning to get some standard WW in before that.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:38 PM   #1367
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
For the record I hate that the work computer doesn't spell check these posts.

Unfortunately it wouldn't have caught that typo anyway ;-)
Old 03-26-2010, 07:54 PM   #1368
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
There are definitely some less werewolfy games, check out Abe's Dungeon game, for one. And there have been some games that were more RPish. Check out the last Marvel game. It was one where we all used new accounts for our comic book character. that lent to some roleplaying, though in my experience a lot of players would rather not do that. I was Dr. Doom, and that was great fun for me, but not for everyone.

On another note, for my game coming up in a while I'm going to be doing a non-Werewolf version of Survivor, kind of a straight up Survivor for text sim fans. My last game I did a completely standard game, so I figure I earned it. I know some people don't like the non-WW games, so this is fair warning to get some standard WW in before that.

My next one is going to be more team-based as well. It'll be Time Cop meets Presidential assassinations. One team will be the Secret Service, the other a dark group of assassins, where we'll replay through each of the major assassinations and assassination attempts with each side trying to reverse or change history depending on the attempt.

Some of my favorites have been the less Werewolfy games: Dungeon, Alan's Cruise game, Labyrinth, etc.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:42 PM   #1369
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Go Vols!
Old 03-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #1370
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

Awesome! I had the same idea actually, re: a survivor game. Glad you're doing it!
Old 03-26-2010, 08:49 PM   #1371
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Thanks Crimson! I enjoy roleplaying in these games but sadly roleplaying often makes you a target. I was killed by the wolves in one game for acting out my role as a card dealer. It'd be fun to have a "roleplaying required" game once.

Quote:
I know! I Agree! I tried roleplaying in the mobster game and boy did that make me a target and get me killed kinda quick
Do you guys ever do games that aren't "werewolf" and/or are more RP-like?

Yeah, I hope to do an RP type game next time I'm up.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:50 PM   #1372
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Yeah, I hope to do an RP type game next time I'm up.

I've been waiting for yours for a while now.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:06 PM   #1373
KWhit
Coordinator

Me too.

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:59 PM   #1374
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
My next one is going to be more team-based as well. It'll be Time Cop meets Presidential assassinations. One team will be the Secret Service, the other a dark group of assassins, where we'll replay through each of the major assassinations and assassination attempts with each side trying to reverse or change history depending on the attempt.

Some of my favorites have been the less Werewolfy games: Dungeon, Alan's Cruise game, Labyrinth, etc.

That sounds really, really fun PB.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:23 AM   #1375
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Also sorry RA. I hadn't seen you around in a while but after your public support for me both BK and I thought you were the exorcist so we made the tough decision to off you.

Heh. No problem. FWIW, after Poli falsely outed himself as the detective and Thomkal challenged him on it, Barkeep would've been my next bet as a bad guy. You did a great job...never suspected you for a second.

Anyhow, blow-ups like this is why I only play intermittently. I can't even remember the exact circumstance, but I just quit playing for a long while because I didn't want to deal with the drama. Ever since then, I have only signed up for games where certain people aren't playing. That being said, I didn't expect this from Poli and I'm disappointed.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:07 AM   #1376
Autumn
Head Coach

I've never considered myself good at singling out wolves. I usually leave that to the experts and try to at least unearth data and get people talking and see what happens. But this has been three games in a row where i nailed at least one wolf and couldn't get anyone to follow me. I guess I'll start pressing harder since I now have some confidence I may be right.

You guys must have been pretty annoyed when I steered it toward picking between dubb, BK or Lathum for the vote. And then Lathum suggested we vote Poli instead, lol. That's an Excedrin afternoon for a wolf.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:05 AM   #1377
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
You were seer scanned on Night Two AND Night Four, and since you were teh Wraith, you were another cunning, which meant once the seer revelaed, you were, liek dubb, very much in teh COT. It would have been a fun game to the end.

Quoted for all those who are so confident that dubb and I were going to be easy to vote out.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 03-27-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:27 AM   #1378
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Quoted for all those who are so confident that dubb and I were going to be easy to vote out.

Yeah, I suspected the hell out of you after the Autumn vote but didn't get the proof I expected.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:14 AM   #1379
The Jackal
Coordinator

Question Abe - was dubb made into a role that couldn't be exorcised or what?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:24 AM   #1380
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Yeah, I suspected the hell out of you after the Autumn vote but didn't get the proof I expected.

That was actually my strategy once I became the cunning wolf. I decided to play the absolutely streotypical wolf. If I hadn't gotten people to come over to Autumn, I absolutely would have flipped at the last possible moment to save Poli. I decided to do my best to be scanned and then play "No wolf would ever be so brazen" as a defense. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to execute it to see if it could have worked.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:40 PM   #1381
The Jackal
Coordinator

Aha, that makes sense. At least I was on target.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:22 PM   #1382
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I did find it interesting that the night after I "used" up my dark charm in the exorcism, someone sent me another one. Not sure who it was, but it made me immune to yet another exorcism.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:56 PM   #1383
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I did find it interesting that the night after I "used" up my dark charm in the exorcism, someone sent me another one. Not sure who it was, but it made me immune to yet another exorcism.

Wasn't me.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote