Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-22-2011, 10:59 AM   #1
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It started with a bang

and ended with a whimper.....

The first ever werewolf game on FOFC began June 20th 2005. On June 21st 2005 I became the first ever person lynched.

I was immediately hooked.

For the next 6+ years I took part in most of the games and enjoyed them immensely. More so I enjoyed the special relationships the were cultivated. The werewolf forum turned into someplace special, our own community. We saw many people come and go but there always seemed to be a core group, a family. Like any family we had our disagreements and scandals. For my part in those I truly apologize to those I ever offended and upset, when I look back on how I acted at times I am embarrassed.

I'll never forget some of the people I met from werewolf, either online or in person. I got to play games with my best friend in the world, had the pleasure of meeting many of you, DT, Path, and of course an very fun afternoon at Buffallo Wild Wings somewhere in Chicago with Hoops, Barkeep, Neon Chaos, Passacaglia and Mr. Wednesday.

I spent many nights talking on AIM and facebook with you guys. Not only about Werewolf but about life, and over the 6 years came to look at you guys not as St Cronin, Eaglefan, and KWhit, but as Sean, Dave, and Kelly.

Alas, life has caught up. I have a full time job, a year and a half old, and a lot less time. I just don't have the time to dedicate to games that I used to. And anyone who has ever played with me knows less than 100% may as well be zero.

So I am stepping away from the game, I apologize if this post is narcissistic, it is not meant to be. Werewolf has been a big part of my life for 6 years and has provided me with hours of enjoyment.

I am not saying I will never play again, circumstances change and passion returns, but for now I would rather not play then be a non contributing part of a game.

I hope the games continue and everyone has a blast playing them, and that those relationships I have made continue to grow.

Its been fun everyone.

Last edited by Lathum : 10-22-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:32 AM   #2
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

You'll be missed in the games Brian. Hopefully we'll see you from time to time jump into a game (I'll still send you a notice when I run games).

Need to find someone else to try to frame when I'm a wolf now.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:37 AM   #3
hoopsguy
General Manager

Good luck with all that real life stuff and still hope to see you around FOFC (or at least IM) every once in awhile.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #4
Danny
Head Coach

I've enjoyed playing with you Lathum. Best wishes to you and I hope to see you in a game every now and then
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Au revoir and bon chance monsieur. We enjoyed having ya.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:47 PM   #6
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Really enjoyed playing WW with you.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:08 PM   #7
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'll miss playing you with, Brian. Hopefully it won't be forever. Until then we can stay in touch in FB and bitch at each other in the main forum here about Pac 12 football.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:47 PM   #8
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Take care! Enjoy that real life stuff! Congrats on all your good fortunes.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:50 PM   #9
The Jackal
Coordinator

Catch you on the flip side
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:09 PM   #10
Autumn
Head Coach

Lathum, you will always be the greatest wolf to me. I think I started playing during an amazing run by you. You were a wolf in almost every game among my first six or eight. And in most of them you pulled some amazing stunts. Being nearly outed for days and days but avoiding lynches. In at least one case you were actually scanned, admitted you were a wolf and still convinced the village to let you live longer. And then I remember one game where you were a villager, but used your reputation and some of those same tactics to trick a wolf into outing themselves, by pretending you were switching votes and then flopping at the last second.

By which I mean to say it's been a lot of fun playing with you and at times just watching you play. You were a big part of introducing me to what WW was all about.

I totally understand, I know I didn't play for several years when my kids were younger. It just wasn't really realistic anymore, your own life drops way down in the priority list. I hope you keep checking in and letting us know how things are going.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:34 AM   #11
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Been a year since I stepped away. I'm very sad to see traffic has slowed down and there aren't really games anymore.

At times I miss playing but still really have no time for it. I hope traffic picks up again and some new games get started.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote