Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Which promtion should I run in TEW 2016?
PNW 4 36.36%
CFW 4 36.36%
SCW 1 9.09%
WWF (AWA is evil empire) 0 0%
WCCW 2 18.18%
GCW 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2016, 12:07 PM   #1
BYU 14
Coordinator

Survey - TEW 2016 dynasty

Ready to start a TEW dynasty with the new 2016 release and while there is no fully updated 1980's mod ready to go, the one I used in 2013 converts fine so I will run with that after I make some minor tweaks.

I want to try a different promotion this time that I have never done, so looking for some feedback on what might be interesting. In the past I have done WCCW (World Class), AWA (American Wrestling Association) and GCW (Georgia Championship Wrestling, so they would be last on the pecking order, even though they are among the better known from that time outside the WWF.

1-PNW (Pacific Northwest Wrestling) - The promotion that gave us Roddy Piper, Jimmy Snuka and Pat Patterson, though they are all gone.
  • Pros - Will be one of the last places McMahon raids for talent (because they really don't have much) and they start with a young Curt Hennig and Billy Jack Haynes on the roster
  • Cons - They have absolutely nobody else of not and the guys on top are wrestlers with not much exposure outside of this region (Haynes and Playboy Buddy Rose being the exceptions but neither of them is main event.

2-CFW (Championship Wrestling from Florida) - A highly popular and often loaded promotion, that actually had a great relationship with WWF before Vince Jr. took over.
  • Pros - Talent out the wazzoo with the likes of Dusty Rhodes, Kevin Sullivan, Blackjack Mulligan (and son Barry Windham), Ron Bass and Jake Roberts among others. They have some potentially interesting feuds.
  • Cons - There is virtually no chance to escape the WWF raids unscathed as McMahon will likely come after several top names with Mulligan and Sullivan heading the list and likely even Dusty too, since I will supplant him as booker.

3-SCW (Southwest Championship Wrestling) - The 'other' Texas promotion, nowhere near as strong as WCCW, but will some solid names on the roster and some potential to grow.
  • Pros - Gino Hernandez, Adrian Adonis, Tully Blanchard and Dick Slater make up a solid core for what would be a fun, brawling style of promotion to book.
  • Cons - Same as the pros as at least 3 of those 4 (Slater the exception) would be hard to keep, with Adonis and Gino probably getting snapped up by Vince.

4-WWF (The Vince company) - This would come with a twist, Verne Gagne and the AWA would be edited to be at war with everyone and I would put Vince Sr. back in charge and take the book from junior. I would not be out to keep the territory strong, not horde all the talent and turn them into cartoons.
  • Pros - A well established roster headed by Bob Backlund, Jimmy Snuka, Don Muraco and Pedro Morales and a good financial base to lock the top guys up to written deals and weather any storms.
  • Cons - An already bloated roster that would need trimming and the unpredictability of where this swerve, with the AWA might lead. Could be challenging, could fall flat since Verne is cheap and may not pursue other folks talent like Vince did.
5-Just stay with either WCCW or GCW
  • Pros - Both still fun and I know them
  • Cons - Been done before and I know them

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-08-2016 at 05:48 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 12:35 PM   #2
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

I love TEW, but I can never sustain anything on it long term. I'm just not creative enough as a booker and I always lose money left and right. I admit the feature of the complete auto booker definitely has be a little more excited about the 2016 version. I may check it out. BYU 14, if you use the auto booker feature, could you tell me if it is as good as I think it will be? thanks.

FYI, I casted my vote.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 05:47 PM   #3
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegesportsfanms View Post
I love TEW, but I can never sustain anything on it long term. I'm just not creative enough as a booker and I always lose money left and right. I admit the feature of the complete auto booker definitely has be a little more excited about the 2016 version. I may check it out. BYU 14, if you use the auto booker feature, could you tell me if it is as good as I think it will be? thanks.

FYI, I casted my vote.

Thanks for voting, I have toyed with it and it seems to work great for the smaller spot shows and TV, adds angles and for the most part gets it right, just have tweak things there and there and I like to only have one prime match on my TV shows, so I usually have to insert some jobbers into matches and save the marquee events for the big shows. Overall though I have to say it does a pretty solid job.
Old 05-08-2016, 05:54 PM   #4
BYU 14
Coordinator

I wish I would have included CWA (Memphis) with Lawler and Kaufman in full effect at this time. Feel free to write them in
Old 05-08-2016, 09:45 PM   #5
BYU 14
Coordinator

Man PNW in the lead, you guys want to see me struggle don't you?
Old 05-11-2016, 11:12 PM   #6
BYU 14
Coordinator

Oh snap, I was getting ready to set up PNW for a weekend start, now there is a chance I can avoid purgatory in Portland

CFW with the big come back!

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-11-2016 at 11:13 PM.
Old 05-14-2016, 11:26 AM   #7
BYU 14
Coordinator

CFW and PNW finished tied, so I think I will go with CFW, a more appealing cast of characters and WWF should come after some of them hard.