Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-16-2007, 08:50 PM   #301
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
What's going on? I'm keeping an eye on this and an eye on the Pens game and my eyes hurt.

are you on the list?

oh sorry that's heroes

you got a trust list? how firm are you on your vote now

very little time to move
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 08:50 PM   #302
Marathoner
High School JV

Well I am going to switch.

Unvote ntndeacon
Vote Barkeep49
Marathoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 08:50 PM   #303
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

I'm keeping my vote where it is.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 08:51 PM   #304
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

might as well too.
Unvote Marathoner
Vote Barkeep
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 08:52 PM   #305
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm keeping my vote where it is.

interesting
Old 02-16-2007, 08:55 PM   #306
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
are you on the list?

oh sorry that's heroes

what a show.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:56 PM   #307
Marathoner
High School JV

I feel like Al Gore during the election of 2000 scrounging for votes
Old 02-16-2007, 08:57 PM   #308
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Wait I was voting for Ross Perot! can iget a new ballot.
We don't believe in hanging chads, electrocution is what they need.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:58 PM   #309
Marathoner
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Wait I was voting for Ross Perot! can iget a new ballot.
We don't believe in hanging chads, electrocution is what they need.

LOL, have a good one.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:02 PM   #310
path12
Coordinator

Time. Results in a moment.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:12 PM   #311
path12
Coordinator

Final vote totals:

Marathoner 4 -- MollyMurphy(5), Chief Rum(7), bsak16(8), SnDvls(12)
ntndeacon 2 -- Jonathan Ezarik(6), Barkeep49(9)
Barkeep49 2 -- Marathoner(12), ntndeacon(13)

Frijole Mole Chili
Yield: 6 servings
2 cups coarsely chopped onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained, coarsely chopped
1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 cup picante sauce
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon oregano leaves, crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
Dash of ground cloves (optional)
Optional Toppings
Sour cream
Chopped cilantro
Shredded Monterey jack cheese

Cook onion and garlic in oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven until onion is tender but not brown.

Add remaining ingredients except optional toppings; bring to a boil.

Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover; continue to simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Ladle into bowls; garnish as desired and serve with additional picante sauce.
Makes 6 servings - about 8 cups.
------------------------------------------------------

Ray Spicer was quick with a handshake and quicker with a quip. It served him well in sales and in life. He had made the switch to vegetarian about 3 years ago and 125 pounds later was eager to spread the good word with his Frijole Mole Chili. Outgoing and personable, Ray was the last person anyone would suspect of cheating.

Until now. As the judges told him that he had been disqualified, people around were shocked. Not Ray. No way, no how. But alas, he is gone nevertheless.

Ray Spicer, regular contestant, has been eliminated.

NIGHT 3 ACTIONS DUE NOON EASTERN TOMORROW
Old 02-16-2007, 09:16 PM   #312
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Can't say I'm surprised by that result.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:18 PM   #313
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

well, shoot. hopefully we can be more successful tomorrow.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:23 PM   #314
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Can't say I'm surprised by that result.

you sure didn't push or help to change it any either
Old 02-16-2007, 09:23 PM   #315
SnDvls
Pro Starter

sorry Marathoner

I hardly knew ye
Old 02-16-2007, 09:25 PM   #316
Marathoner
High School JV

Ah shucks, sometimes being too obvious is a bad thing I guess. Oh well, at least I got a couple receipes out of it.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:31 PM   #317
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I understand that how my change of heart regarding ties seemed lupine. I was wrong on day one. I thought a tie meant no lynch. that has been the tie breaker in other games. Obviously did not read the rules as thoroughly as I should. However, You could have rallied the troops around me tomorrow. Barkeep is someone several of us though was not playing villager like. We gave you an opportunity to save Marathoner, and yet you held firm to a position that was not going to happen by that point.

it could be easily said that you held the deciding vote on Marathoner and Barkeep.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:31 PM   #318
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

keep reading you may get a few more, Marathoner.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:32 PM   #319
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
you sure didn't push or help to change it any either

I was comfortable with where my vote was. I'm still comfortable. I learned more by sitting back and watching the maneuvering than by trying to influence people's decisions.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:13 PM   #320
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Every game my aggressive play is characterized as wolfish. I haven't been changing up my game lately because I find it more interesting to see how many games in a row I'll be condemned for aggressive play. I'm living longer now so perhaps it's working and it's time to go back to switching things up.

I maintain that if the wolf isn't me, and it's not, than it's likely CR. Wolf play has been smart and he's the most experienced of the players in this game besides me.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:23 PM   #321
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
We gave you an opportunity to save Marathoner, and yet you held firm to a position that was not going to happen by that point.

it could be easily said that you held the deciding vote on Marathoner and Barkeep.

Don't try and put Marathoner's lynch on my shoulders. I didn't vote for him. I didn't encourage anyone to vote for him. In fact, you left your vote on him. If you were really serious about going after Barkeep, why didn't you change your vote?
Old 02-16-2007, 11:38 PM   #322
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Don't try and put Marathoner's lynch on my shoulders. I didn't vote for him. I didn't encourage anyone to vote for him. In fact, you left your vote on him. If you were really serious about going after Barkeep, why didn't you change your vote?

Never mind. I thought SnDvls had posted the quote I was responding to. I should just go to bed.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:40 PM   #323
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

216 - ntn votes SnDvls (1)
233 - Barkeep votes Chief Rum (1)
234 - SnDvls votes ntn (1)
238 - Marathoner votes SnDvls (2)
243 - MM votes Marathoner (1)
244 - JE votes ntn (2)
247 - Chief Rum votes Marathoner (2)
259 - bsak votes Marathoner (3)
262 - Barkeep UNVOTES Chief Rum (0) / Barkeep votes ntn (3)
263 - ntn UNVOTES SnDvls (1) / ntn votes Marathoner (4)
264 - Marathoner UNVOTES SnDvls (0) / Marathoner votes ntn (4)
272 - SnDvls UNVOTES ntn (3) / SnDvls votes Marathoner (5)
302 - Marathoner UNVOTES ntn (2) / Marathoner votes Barkeep (1)
304 - ntn UNVOTES Marathoner (4) / ntn votes Barkeep (2)

Marathoner 4 -- MollyMurphy(5), Chief Rum(7), bsak16(8), SnDvls(12)
ntndeacon 2 -- Jonathan Ezarik(6), Barkeep49(9)
Barkeep49 2 -- Marathoner(12), ntndeacon(13)
Old 02-17-2007, 05:33 AM   #324
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Shoot, sorry, Marathoner. When I voted I put it into a tie, but I didn't ecpect the kind of back-and-forth at the end there.

My quick take from all that on those involved is this:

SnDvls pointed out JE's unwillingness to switch with disapproval, but he himself never switched. Even if it would have been nothing more than a gesture, SnDvls' gripe at JE would have more bite if he himself followed suit. He is still on my list as a potential wolf.

ntndeacon could be setting himself up to look good as trying to save Marathoner, but actually hiding himself as a vote. That would be the sneaky play, and if he's a wolf, he knows if SnDvls or Barkeep is, so what risk? I still believe either SnDvls or ntndeacon is a wolf, but not both of them.

I can see JE as a villager making the decision he did. Those kinds of runs at the ends of deadlines are difficult to read, but easy to get caught up in. JE is experienced enough to stick to his guns. But, of course, the nagging thought in my mind is that he could very well have been a wolf, knowing Marathoner to be good and not wishing a switch to Barkeep, who in fact could very well be his cohort.

Barkeep is one I have less of a read on from his play. I'm not sure what is fishy about his play, as others have seen it, and would like to see more discussion about that. BK's desire to see my lynched, of course, is a personal concern and one that does not help us. He could be following his gut as a villager that it's the right plkay (much as I did--and in the wrong--on Marathoner), or he could look around, see fewer experienced players, and just be trying to remove one of the few experienced players left. Of course, he could also just spike my chili tonight, so tough to say.

Not to get lost in the haze is that bsak made a critical vote on Marathoner, as the last voter and the one who broke the tie. I still like others better, but I think that's a critical decision to consider.

All this is food for thought. If I had to vote on my gut right now (and not knowing how the night will end), I would probably lean toward SnDvls.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 07:32 AM   #325
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathoner View Post
Ah shucks, sometimes being too obvious is a bad thing I guess. Oh well, at least I got a couple receipes out of it.

If I only had a dollar for every time someone had said this after being killed in a Werewolf game ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 07:40 AM   #326
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
If I only had a dollar for every time someone had said this after being killed in a Werewolf game ...
You like having one dollar then?
Old 02-17-2007, 07:46 AM   #327
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, there was also that time in Spawn when Dubb was caught and took consolation in the recipe collection he found in his quarters.

And there was that time in Peregrine's creatures game ....

I got nothing
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:37 AM   #328
path12
Coordinator

Once again the night passes with no tamperings. Where could the cheaters be?

DAY 4 DEADLINE IS 10PM EASTERN MONDAY
Old 02-17-2007, 01:09 PM   #329
SnDvls
Pro Starter

gotta get a vote in and I won't have internet up at the cabin for long

so vote Barkeep
Old 02-17-2007, 01:39 PM   #330
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Wow, whoever the bodyguard is, he/she is doing a terrific job. Hopefully they saw someone this time.

I think this is a good time for a BG reveal. As I pointed out yesterday, that would give us a circle of trust of two (and actually three--they know who they protected on Night Two as well).

I am actually a bit shocked that the wolves didn't get someone last night. They knew who the BG protected on Night Two, and that that person couldn't be protected again. So unless that person was Marathoner, I am at a loss there.

If it wasn't Marathoner, then I think the wolves made a key error there.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:44 PM   #331
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Why would you want the BG to reveal themselves? So the wolves can get them? Or do you want them to come out just so you know who they are and can kill them at night?
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 03:05 PM   #332
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
Why would you want the BG to reveal themselves? So the wolves can get them? Or do you want them to come out just so you know who they are and can kill them at night?

Do the math, bsak. There are seven of us left, and we got the next shot before the wolves do. Let's say there are two wolves (that's what I have been saying all along, which is about right for an 11-person game), and we know there is a wolf sympathizer out there, too.

I pointed out yesterday that the BG logic for this game has him/her protecting one chili bowl per night. I also noted that it seems very unlikely there is a conversion ability for the wolves, since there would already be two AND a sympathizer. Adding a conversion ability would very much unbalance things.

So that means these "misses" the wolves are doing the past two nights are either caused by BG protection or simply not sending in instructions. I am going to assume the wolves (who are usually more into the game than anyone else) have not missed any instructions. So that means the BG has protected a chili bowl attack two nights in a row. And that BG knows whose bowls he protected. Someone whose bowl was protected from a wolf spiking are not themselves wolves. After all, why would wolves spike their own chili?

So if the BG protected two different bowls of chili (and he had to--he can't repeat a protection on consecutive nights), then he knows the identity of two for certain non-wolves. And he himself is not a wolf.

That is a circle of trust of three people, in a game with only seven left, and we get the next vote. That is a powerful position to be in. The aid to voting patterns alone will probably single out the wolves. Not to mention that voting bloc powers.

Revealing the BG is always a risk, of course, but I think the potential benefit here far outweighs the risk.

Old 02-17-2007, 07:01 PM   #333
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

But won't the bodyguard be the first to go when it becomes night? You've been very resourceful so far which is really making me wonder about your abilities. It's good to keep someone around who is knowledgeable about the game and likes to do research, but after awhile you have to wonder if they are doing it to mask something else.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:42 PM   #334
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I still think CR is a likely wolf. And I'll back it up once again with a vote. I'm glad to see bsak might be coming along to my line of thinking.

Vote Chief Rum
Old 02-17-2007, 08:53 PM   #335
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Revealing the BG is always a risk, of course, but I think the potential benefit here far outweighs the risk.

I'm confused. Didn't SnDvls already come out and say he was the bodyguard? Or did I misread someone's statement again?

Quote:
well congrats wolves. villagers you just lost your last good role but at least you have found your wolves

That sounds to me like he's the bodyguard.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:25 PM   #336
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm confused. Didn't SnDvls already come out and say he was the bodyguard? Or did I misread someone's statement again?

That sounds to me like he's the bodyguard.

Isn't that a little obvious? I'm not sure I buy that "reveal" at all. Plus, he's wrong, there is another good role (the veteran role).

If he is indeed who he says he is, then the wolves probably went after him last night, and he protected himself. Since he can't protect himself tonight, he's a goner anyway. And that's if we assume his reveal is on the up and up, and I'm not ready to do that yet. SnDvls has actually done some strange things this game and has certainly not solidified himself in any trust circles that I am aware of.

If he a goner when the next night cycle comes around, it actually then makes even more sense for him to tell us who he has protected so far, especially on the nights there were no kills. If he doesn't tell us before the night cycle, we won't get the chance to build that circle of trust.

Old 02-17-2007, 10:28 PM   #337
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
But won't the bodyguard be the first to go when it becomes night? You've been very resourceful so far which is really making me wonder about your abilities. It's good to keep someone around who is knowledgeable about the game and likes to do research, but after awhile you have to wonder if they are doing it to mask something else.

Well, that's the nature of WW. None of us are in the clear, including yourself. You'll just have to try to add things up and see for yourself if you think I, or anyone, is telling the truth.

The BG will be the first to go at night if he reveals (and assuming he can't protect himself through game emchanics), and assuming the wolves are paying attention. It would be a sacrifice toward the goal of catching the wolves if we get a circle of trust of almost half of the remaining members out of it. With that many "good" certainties, even a simple voting analysis would probably reveal tons about everyone's allegiences.

Old 02-17-2007, 10:31 PM   #338
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I still think CR is a likely wolf. And I'll back it up once again with a vote. I'm glad to see bsak might be coming along to my line of thinking.

Vote Chief Rum

I find it interesting you continue to go after, when I am the one trying to developa plan to catch the wolves here. If it weren't for the bodyguard, this game might already be over. We were shooting in the dark for the past three days, and of course, we missed each time.

That makes me very suspicious of you, although I will admit if you are a wolf, you are making a very strong and open stand, which is abit lacking in subtlety if you have a role that needs to be hidden.

So I don't see the point in making any counter vote against you or moving you above others on my suspect list, although I hope you'll come to realize you're barking up a tree that will only aid in giving the wolves their victory.

Old 02-18-2007, 06:41 PM   #339
Lorena
Unregistered

Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:15 PM   #340
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I have already given out my reasons for suspecting particularly people left in the game, and I am about to head out for work today. So I need to pick one before I go. Hopefully the rest of you will be around on the holiday a little bit before deadline.

VOTE SNDVLS

Hopefully we bag a wolf here.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:17 PM   #341
MollyMurphy
Mascot

OK, I have been thinking about what CR said, and I do believe that it is important to develop a circle of trust.

I am the BG....I was not sure I should do this. Since I am new, I do not want to be responsible for losing the game for us by making a big mistake.

On night one, I obviously protected myself.

On night two, I protected CR...I did not see anything, but since there was no kill, it seemed to work. I chose him b/c I thought I may be able to catch him in the act if he was a wolf.

On night three, I protected NTN...this was a throw away...I thought CR would be killed and knew I could not protect him...no offense NTN. I also knew at some point I would need to reveal, so I wanted to be sure I could protect myself when I did.

I hope this is helful and that I have done the right thing.
MollyMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:35 PM   #342
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMurphy View Post
I hope this is helful and that I have done the right thing.

Oh, you've done the right thing.

VOTE MOLLYMURPHY

You see, I'm the bodyguard. One the first night, I guarded myself and didn't see anything. Night two, I guarded ntn. Since no attack occurred, I figured that I had blocked ntn from doing anything. Hence my vote on him on day three and my refusal to move my vote late. Last night I guarded myself. An attempt was made, but I didn't see who did it. I'm guessing since MM came out and claimed to be the BG it was her that I blocked since she wouldn't know whether I IDed her or not.

I was hoping that by holding out on revealing, I could flush a wolf out, and it appears that that has happened.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:51 PM   #343
MollyMurphy
Mascot

Quote:
Oh, you've done the right thing.

VOTE MOLLYMURPHY

You see, I'm the bodyguard. One the first night, I guarded myself and didn't see anything. Night two, I guarded ntn. Since no attack occurred, I figured that I had blocked ntn from doing anything. Hence my vote on him on day three and my refusal to move my vote late. Last night I guarded myself. An attempt was made, but I didn't see who did it. I'm guessing since MM came out and claimed to be the BG it was her that I blocked since she wouldn't know whether I IDed her or not.

I was hoping that by holding out on revealing, I could flush a wolf out, and it appears that that has happened.

I thought someone would do this. Sounds like there is panic amongst the wolves since they have gone 2 days without a kill. Why wouldn't I have gone for the guaranteed kill day 2 if I were a wolf and there was no suspicion on me.

My bet was that a wolf would make this play....try to get me lynched during the day since I could protect myself tonight. JE, why did you protect NTN night 2?

Vote Jonathan Ezarik
Old 02-19-2007, 01:53 PM   #344
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Well lately I have been a bit skeptical of CR. I am new and haven't really followed WW all that closely so I admit I don't know the strategy of this game as of yet. I just know if I was a werewolf I would want to make myself as valuable as possible to the group so they would want to keep me around. Chief does an excellent job of gathering statistics and throwing them out, but we all know that stats can be skewed or worded different ways to project ones point of view.

He really sent the red flag out by his last bit of posts on how the bodyguard should revel him or herself. He gave valid points why but again why would he want the bodyguard to do this unless he was a frustrated wolf that got shutout two nights in a row?
Old 02-19-2007, 02:02 PM   #345
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I thought someone would do this. Sounds like there is panic amongst the wolves since they have gone 2 days without a kill. Why wouldn't I have gone for the guaranteed kill day 2 if I were a wolf and there was no suspicion on me.

My bet was that a wolf would make this play....try to get me lynched during the day since I could protect myself tonight. JE, why did you protect NTN night 2?

Yes, the classic wolf misdirection.

Why did I protect ntn? It was an educated guess. I didn't think either CR or Barkeep would get killed since there were some people questioning them (and CR tied on votes on day two with DC), so why would the wolves kill them? I tried to guess who the wolves would go after, and I figured that ntn would be a good target.

Now, my question to you is if you guarded CR and no kill occurred, it didn't occur to you that maybe CR was a wolf and that you blocked him from doing anything? And yet you voted for Marathoner.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:12 PM   #346
MollyMurphy
Mascot

Quote:
Yes, the classic wolf misdirection.

Not sure what "classic misdirection" is since I am not too experience in this yet. I was afraid that a wolf would try to make me look bad.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:15 PM   #347
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

You didn't answer my question regarding CR.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:22 PM   #348
MollyMurphy
Mascot

Quote:
You didn't answer my question regarding CR.

My understanding of my role was to protect the innocent, not stop the wolves by protecting them and not allowing them to carry out their kills. That would not have crossed my mind. Seems like I would be the "almighty" if I could do that....it doubles my chances to protect someone...great if true, but I did not see anything saying that it was.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:25 PM   #349
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
On night two, I protected CR...I did not see anything, but since there was no kill, it seemed to work.

I take it you think CR was attacked on night two, and you blocked it, but you didn't see anything?
Old 02-19-2007, 02:30 PM   #350
MollyMurphy
Mascot

Quote:
I take it you think CR was attacked on night two, and you blocked it, but you didn't see anything?

I don't know how the events of the evening played out, but I know he did not die when I protected him...