Old 06-06-2011, 08:38 AM   #101
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Guessing the bonus question
Spoiler
Old 06-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #102
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Interesting guess, Jon... you'll find out if it's the right guess tonight.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:13 PM   #103
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

It's the Obligatory "Last TV show before a Supercard, so don't give away anything" card.. but it's still..

CWA Championship Wrestling Week 4 July...

Gordy and Hayes and Dundee and Sgt. Slaughter Hype their upcoming matches against Idol and Bigelow and Rich and Windham. "Austin Idol, you done a very bad thing, and we gonna see you pay for it, baby..." from Hayes.. (C)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Shawn Michaels defeated Allen West in 10:41 by pinfall with a Sweet Chin Music. Shawn Michaels makes defence number 4 of his CWA Television Title title. (D+)

Scott Hall attacks Shawn Michaels in the ring, and leaves him down and out. (D)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Sting defeated Big Bubba in 9:02 by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock. (D.. uh oh.. crowd gave Big Bubba X-pac "Go away" heat. Sorry man, this is not good)

In the main event, it was a four v four preview of the matches at the Supercard, and of course it was a brawl. So much so that Idol and Dundee were over fighting by the announcers table, Slaughter and Rich were fighting their way into and through the crowd, and the Freebirds and Windham/Bigelow were just happy with punching the hell out of each other at ringside... The ref finally gave up trying to control things and called for the bell (C)

The two sides considered the ringing bell as.. well, to be honest they didn't really bother with the bell, and continued to brawl.. as the camera faded, we saw Terry Gordy lift up Windham to slam him through the table, and as WIndham came down.. we fade to black. (C)
Old 06-07-2011, 10:17 PM   #104
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Entering their final month of the contract in August:

Bam Bam Bigelow, Downtown Bruno, Pat Tanaka, Paul Diamond, Goliath, Mark Starr, Rocky Johnson, Don Bass.

Let's see, out of those, there's one I'd really like to resign, and that's the Bammer.. Rocky Johnson and Don Bass are depending on prices (normally, Rocky would be a no-brainer, but he's really screwed things up with me).. and the rest.. get ready to go elsewhere at the end of the month guys.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:52 PM   #105
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

And now, it's the August Super Show, from a sold out (5,000, a record crowd!), Boutwell Memorial Auditorium

Pre-Card: In a match that had some good action and average heat, Barry Windham defeated Sting in 18:09 by pinfall with a Flying Lariat. (C+)

Main Card:

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Robert Gibson and Ricky Morton defeated Don Bass and Dirty Rhodes in 11:56 when Robert Gibson defeated Don Bass by pinfall with a Rocker Dropper. Robert Gibson and Ricky Morton win the AWA Southern Tag Team titles. (C-)

Hayes and Gordy come down to ringside, while they're setting up the cage for Idol v Dundee. everyone's wondering what they're doing.. when they go under the ring.. all is quiet for a few seconds.. and then BAM BAM BIGELOW AND BARRY WINDHAM come flying out from underneath. The Freebirds saw the dirty trick coming, and countered it.. the Freebirds quickly chase Bigelow and Windham to the back. (D+)

Idol and Dundee was another good match, with Dundee's career on the line, Idol tried every trick possible.. but his main ace in the hole, Bigelow and Windham had been neutered, so Idol tried to take it to the next level.. he removed the turnbuckle padding, and attempted to throw Dundee head first into the exposed steel.. Dundee blocked it, knocked Idol down.. and to the chants of "Jerry!" from the crowd, dropped the big fist from the second rope on him.. then lifted up Idol.. PILEDRIVER! Count that pinfall, mister ref.. 1...2...3! Dundee had saved his career (C)

Sgt. Slaughter had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Tommy Rich. "Rich.. you Puke.. last time you cheated to win, this time, you won't win.. and that's an order!" (C)

It was Eddie Gilbert and Rocky Johnson next, the two continued to put on a great show for the fans, but the story was that Eddie Gilbert was learning from his mistakes.. and Rocky couldn't keep up.. finally Johnson went for the Johnson Shuffle, and Gilbert ducked, and hit Johnson low where the ref couldn't win.. Johnson crumpled, and it was an easy (if somewhat cheap) win for Hot Stuff (C-)

Having picked up the victory, Eddie Gilbert celebrates in the ring, and goes crazy, running around the ring like a madman, dumping water over himself, and hugging the referee and ring announcer. (E+ the fans might have liked the match, but the histrionics were just a wee bit over the top)

It was a no-DQ and no time limit match between Shawn Michaels and Scott Hall. Despite the fact the TV title was NOT on the line this time, they still fought as hard as possible. The key moment was when Michaels was setting up for the super kick, Hall ducked, and when Michaels turned, Hall kicked him in the stomach, lifted him up and dropped him down on back with a Razor's Edge.. the three count didn't win the title,. but Hall didn't care.. he had FINALLY defeated Michaels.. (C-)

In our main event, Tommy Rich was battered from pillar to post by Sgt Slaughter. He got two count after two count, and finally got ready to lock Rich in the Cobra Cluth.. He reached out, and a desperate Tommy Rich went for the nearest thing he could, hitting the referee!

The Cobra Clutch was procured, but the ref was out cold.. Rich desperately tapped, and the crowd went wild.. Slaughter released the hold, and cheered to the crowd, but unfortunately, the ref had gotten to his feet, and announced that Tommy Rich was disqualified for striking an official. Slaughter won the match, but NOT the title..

(D+, I guess they don't like Dusty finishes in Alabama )

As the camera starts to fade, and Tommy Rich slumps in the ring, barely able to stand, Lance Russell shuts off his commentating mike where he had just been lamenting the desperate, dirty trick Tommy Rich had played... and turns on the arena microphone...
Old 06-07-2011, 10:56 PM   #106
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Russell: "Ladies and gentlemen, I have just been handed this message by Jonathan Loveless, a member of the CWA Championship Committee. Tonight's cage match between Austin Idol and Bill Dundee where Bill Dundee would leave CWA if he had lost had a second stipulation attached. The match stipulation as follows:

"Should Bill Dundee win the match, he will be named the #1 contender to the Southern Heavyweight title, and will receive a title match. This match will be no-disqualification, no-countout, and may be cashed in AT ANY TIME OF HIS CHOOSING over the next thirty days."

(the crowd cheers, as they begin to understand where this is going...)

"The CWA Championship Commitee has received a message from Bill Dundee. He is cashing this contract in tonight.. he is cashing in this contract RIGHT NOW!"

(the crowd goes berzerk, while Tommy Rich has a look on his face similar to that of Wile E Coyote just before he falls for the last time)

Dundee comes jogging down to ringside, and the Freebirds and an angry Sgt Slaughter patrol the ringside area just to make sure the other Golden Boys don't interfere... (C)

Last edited by SirFozzie : 06-07-2011 at 10:57 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:03 PM   #107
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Give Wildfire credit. He knew there was no shortcuts he could take. There was no easy countouts, or disqualifications. All he could do was fight, and he did. He fought to save his title. But Bill Dundee was a man afire, and despite Jim Cornette's begging and pleading from ringside, Rich was being knocked from pillar to post., yet again!.

then Wildfire took the shortcut and went low. He slumped in a corner, while Cornette waited, and then slid into the ring.. He helped a groggy Wildfire to his feet, while the Golden Boys ran distraction attempting to break through to ringside.. Wildfire held Dundee up, while Cornette tapped that loaded tennis racket to make sure it would do maximum damage.. and a grinning Cornette bounced off the ropes, swung for the fences..

and Dundee moved!

Rich crumpled to the mat. Dundee wasted no time ejecting a screaming Cornette from the ring via the most expeditious manner possible (over the top rope, to the delight of the fans), and covered Rich..

1...2.... WE HAVE A NEW SOUTHERN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!

(C)

The camera catches a bickering Windham and Bigelow in the walkway to the ring, a groaning and groggy Jim Cornette, and an unconscious Tommy Rich in the ring.

But the final shot? That of Sgt Slaughter and the Freebirds lifting Bill Dundee and the Southern Heavyweight Championship in the air. (C)

(C rated show)

Last edited by SirFozzie : 06-07-2011 at 11:05 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:04 PM   #108
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Congratulations, Jon.. you called it perfectly. I hope you like the little bonus I threw in there
Old 06-07-2011, 11:25 PM   #109
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

And the Weekly Super show before I'm done for the night (quick results)

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Barry Windham defeated Scott Steiner in 18:22 by pinfall with a Flying Lariat. (D+)

The cameras take us to the ring, where Bill Dundee gives a heartfelt promo in which he sincerely wishes to thank the fans for supporting him throughout the long ordeal of the past weeks.
"Without you," Dundee addresses to the crowd, "I could never have accomplished what I did. Thank you. I love you!" (D)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Sting defeated Tommy Rich in 18:07 by pinfall following botched interference by Jim Cornette. (D+)

Rich is NOT a happy man, he tells Cornette "That's twice! That's twice you've screwed me over!" (D-)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Jeff Jarrett and Shawn Michaels defeated Dirty Rhodes and Don Bass in 13:08 when Shawn Michaels defeated Dirty Rhodes by pinfall with a Sweet Chin Music. (E+)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Dutch Mantell defeated Terry Gordy in 22:10 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. (D+)

Idol challenges Dundee to a rematch tonight.. "You lying, cheating bastard!" (D)

Dundee accepts.. "I have no regrets, Idol/.. you cheated Jerry, so I cheated you and Tommy!" (D+)

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Bill Dundee defeated Austin Idol in a Bullrope match in 13:08 when Bill Dundee was the first to touch all the corners. (C-)
Old 06-08-2011, 06:09 AM   #110
Suicane75
Coordinator

Just out of curiosity. Where, if anywhere in the game universe, is Wendall Cooley wrestling?
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:59 AM   #111
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Congratulations, Jon.. you called it perfectly. I hope you like the little bonus I threw in there

Guess which one is me