Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

WW CXLIV: Monty Python and the Holy Werewolf: GAME OVER (Result in Post 414)

Intro will go here sometime in the next day or so.

Rules:

Rules that are somewhat different from most games:

Editing of posts: I will allow editing of posts if you do so within five minutes of your original post time. For simplicity's sake though, after five minutes from the original post time, please don't edit your post, simply make a new one. One exception: please do not edit any posts with a vote in it.

Tiebreaker: If two or more players end up with the same number of votes, the player to be lynched will be randomly selected amongst those receiving the highest amount of votes, unless King Arthur is voting for one of the top suspects in which case he breaks the tie. There is also a small chance that, in addition to this, another person at random will be lynched anytime there is a tie.

Nightfall: I will accept Nightfall votes. It needs to be unanimous, the wolves need to agree to it in private, and note that once you vote Nightfall, your vote for that day is locked and cannot be changed, so be completely sure of your vote if you choose to vote nightfall.

Conditional Orders: I will accept conditional orders. The latest submitted orders are the ones I will process for you.

Processing of Orders: In the event that multiple orders somehow conflict, the orders I receive earliest will take precedence (for example, someone who submits their final orders at 1pm vs. 4pm). The lynch is always the first action to be processed, the night kill is always the final action to be processed.

Rules that are mostly the same as other games (i.e. vets can probably just skim this section):

Deadline: 24 hr deadline is 10pm EST / 9pm CST / 7pm PST etc... Votes and night actions at 10:00pm EST and earlier count, votes and night actions at 10:01pm EST do not count. Conditional night action orders are fine if you can't be there at deadline.

Voting: Use a separate line and bold your vote, unvotes are fine, No Lynch is not an option.

e.g. JAG is clearly off his usual game. I am sure he is a wolf.

Vote JAG

Quoting private messages publicly: Don't do this.

Private messaging: If you have PM abilities, please include me on all messages.

Discussion of game: While the game is in progress, please do not privately discuss the game with anyone else still in the game (other than within the constraints of the rules of course, i.e. wolves are free to PM themselves).

Vanilla villagers: All vanilla villagers will receive the following PM:

Quote:
You are part of an autonomous collective.

Victory Conditions:

King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table (and other good players, i.e. peasants) win if they eliminate all evil players.
Neutral Players win if they meet the win condition outlined in their role write-up.
The forces of Evil win if they can reach a 1:1 ratio of evil player to good player.

Roles: Note that all roles may not be present, the only guaranteed role is King Arthur. And I mean that. Also, wolves will know one role that is not in the game.

Good:

King Arthur: Once per game he can change the lynch to a player of his choosing (this will publicly reveal him). He also breaks all tie votes.

Sir Bedeveer: Once per night he can use his fabulous powers of deduction to determine if another player is evil.

Sir Galahad the Pure: Can he remain pure throughout the game?

Sir Lancelot the Brave: Bodyguard (can't self protect, can't protect the same player consecutive nights). If Zoot shines the Grail-shaped beacon on him before Sir Galahad, Lancelot will protect Galahad from her peril (unless Lancelot dies thereafter).

Prince Herbert: Each night he can write a letter asking for help. Most folks will ignore the letter (they will not know they received one), but if the letter reaches Sir Lancelot, Lancelot will perform a night kill in order to cut through the guards holding Herbert and thereafter Herbert and Lancelot can communicate via PM.

Sir Robin the Not Quite So Brave as Sir Lancelot: Does not count as a villager for purposes of win ratio (he bravely runs from the wolves instead of fighting with the villagers)

Peasant: You are part of an autonomous collective

Neutral:

Zoot: She is setting alight the Grail-shaped beacon in hopes of finding Sir Galahad. She can scan once a night for him and her major winning condition is to find him before he dies or is corrupted by her twin sister. If Galahad is corrupted, she will not recognize him any longer. She does count as a villager for purposes of win ratio but if she finds Sir Galahad, they are both removed from the game as he leaves to administer a spanking to her. If Sir Galahad dies or is converted, she can win a minor victory with the village.

Killer Bunny: Watch out for this dangerous rodent with big pointy teeth! If any player performs a night action on this player, they will be utterly and brutally destroyed (can be lynched as any other player however). The Killler Bunny wins either by killing a certain number of players (based on how many are playing) or if it is one of the last three players alive (it's more than a match for any two others). The Killer Bunny does not count as a wolf or villager, but rather as an animal. With big pointy teeth.

Evil:

Frenchman: Once a game they can taunt another player to make them change their vote (will not be publicly displayed).

Black Knight: If he attacks King Arthur at night, he will be cut to pieces (literally).

Knight who says Ni!: If lynched, they will say "Ni!" to another player who will perish under such an assault.

Dingo: Zoot's identical twin sister, she may be able to convert Sir Galahad to evil (scans for him once a night). Counts as a villager for ratio purposes but wins with the wolves. Begins the game knowing the identity of one wolf. If scanned by Sir Bedevere, will scan as 'good'.

Last edited by JAG : 02-24-2012 at 10:09 PM.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #2
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

A moose once bit my sister.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Someday lad, all this will be yours!
What, the curtains?

Starring: (Wik)
1. CrimsonFox - Autonomous Collective Member - Night Killed Day 1 (aka Ralph the Wonder Llama)
2. Autumn (Winter gave Spring and Summer a miss and went straight on into Autumn)

Also Starring: (Also Wik)

4. ntndeacon (Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem)

Also Also Starring: (Also Also Wik)

5. The Jackal - Brave Sir Robin - Lynched Day 2 (he's not dead yet) (alright, he's dead now)
6. Danny - Autonomous Collective Member - Night Killed Day 2 (knows witches are made of wood)
7. mauboy1 (blue. No, yel---aaaaaaaaaagh)
8. Zinto - King Arthur - Night Killed Day 3 (there are some who call him...Zinto?)
9. Chief Rum - Autonomous Collective Member - Lynched Day 3 (likes huge tracks of land)
10. Darth Vilus (can handle flesh wounds)
11. henry296 (not in the least bit scared to be mashed into a pulp)
12. Coffee Warlord (assisting with suggestive moose poses)
13. bhlloy (pram pusher)
14. mckerney - Sir Lancelot the Brave - lynched Day 1 (father smelt of elderberries)

(What happened to 3. Sir? Shut up!)

Last edited by JAG : 02-24-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I will Llama this game.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:50 PM   #5
Autumn
Head Coach

*salivates*
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:29 AM   #6
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Roles added. May still tweak some things there.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:26 AM   #7
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
2. Autumn (Winter gave Spring and Summer a miss and went straight on into Autumn)

You know you had this one in your back pocket before you posted the game...
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #8
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

It's a Fair cop
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #9
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'll play, just so everyone knows that I can't really access the game much between 8-5:30.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #10
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I'll play, just so everyone knows that I can't really access the game much between 8-5:30.

He's a witch! Burn him!
Old 02-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #11
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I'd like to send out roles Monday night, we'll see how signups go.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #12
Danny
Head Coach

Im in, im sure darth will play too
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #13
Danny
Head Coach

Ill text him to make sure as well
Old 02-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #14
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

i can play, hopefully our in company auditor can stay away for at least another week. If they do come it's a two day thing where I will be limited most likely.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #15
Zinto
College Starter

I am in!
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #16
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

When will this start? If I join, it would be much better to start Wednesday or later, so I don't have to try to be on here occasionally at work with my chapass partner on a vist from her office up north on Tuesday.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #17
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
When will this start? If I join, it would be much better to start Wednesday or later, so I don't have to try to be on here occasionally at work with my chapass partner on a vist from her office up north on Tuesday.

Wednesday start with roles going out Tuesday night is fine by me as long as it works for others. Unless I hear objections we'll go with that.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #18
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Sign me up

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #19
Autumn
Head Coach

Wednesday works. I should be back and paying attention by then.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #20
henry296
College Starter

In
Old 02-20-2012, 01:03 AM   #21
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Cool, I am in then.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:23 AM   #22
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
In

*blink blink*

Wonderful! Welcome back henry!
Old 02-20-2012, 07:44 AM   #23
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
You know you had this one in your back pocket before you posted the game...
This wasn't a sign-up just an observation.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #24
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

in
Old 02-20-2012, 08:43 AM   #25
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
This wasn't a sign-up just an observation.

Oh. Oh, I see. Running away, eh?

Old 02-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #26
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

All those who have signed up before me shall now be sacked. I am now...in.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #27
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh. Oh, I see. Running away, eh?

Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then withdraw thou's name.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #28
bhlloy
Coordinator

I can't pass this theme up. I have pram pushing duties during the day but I'll be as active as I can
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #29
mckerney
Coordinator

I'll play.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:05 PM   #30
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I'll do my best to be as active as I can but I won't be around much wed and thurs because of my work and school schedules.

Friday will be alot better...if I'm still alive that is

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-21-2012, 03:29 PM   #31
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
It's a Fair cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
in

Since he joined twice, let ntndeacon be 2/3 of the 3-headed giant!
Old 02-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #32
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Alright, not too bad a turnout. Unless there are any last minute entries in the next hour or so, I'll finish sorting through things and get role PMs out this evening, probably (hopefully) earlier than 9pm CST.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #33
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, roles are rolled and ready to be sent out after which we can...well...roll.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #34
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Roles have been sent out, game on.

Please let me know ASAP if you did not receive a role.

Last edited by JAG : 02-21-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:23 PM   #35
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

The skies darken and the clouds part, revealing an enormous face in the sky that speaks to you:

"Arthur, King of the Britons, behold: The Holy Grail. Your quest is to obtain The Holy Grail. You may only find it if you eliminate the evil amongst you. That is your quest Arthur. But if you can also change those bloody psalms, that would be nice too."

The face fades from view. You pick up two halves of coconuts and prepare to move out.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #36
Autumn
Head Coach

Awesome, good to be back at it. I just got back from a trip and am zonked, so not going to think too much about it yet. A lot of roles, and some wild ones, for only 13 players. I will look them over in the morning and try to guess which ones we may be dealing with. Until then!
Old 02-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #37
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Do Coconuts migrate?
Old 02-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #38
Zinto
College Starter

I heard they go South for the winter.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:12 PM   #39
henry296
College Starter

Are there any items in this game? I thought I saw it in the original rules?
Old 02-21-2012, 10:34 PM   #40
mckerney
Coordinator

Hi.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #41
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

*clipclop clipclop clipclop*
Old 02-21-2012, 11:33 PM   #42
Danny
Head Coach

I haven't seen the Monty Python movies enough to make references in my posts about them .
Old 02-21-2012, 11:37 PM   #43
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I haven't seen the Monty Python movies enough to make references in my posts about them .

That makes me like you more actually. Outside of this game I find it annoying hearing geeks quote this movie at me as if it were the first time I had heard their quotes. And that annoyance is second only to hearing Princess Bride quoted.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:08 AM   #44
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Roles have been sent out, game on.

Please let me know ASAP if you did not receive a role.

JAG! I did not get a role!

What is this autonmotomonous collective thing?!

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-22-2012, 12:23 AM   #45
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I assume that means villager. I'm one of those as well.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:28 AM   #46
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
JAG! I did not get a role!

What is this autonmotomonous collective thing?!

Vote Darth
Old 02-22-2012, 01:29 AM   #47
Danny
Head Coach

Unvote Darth
Old 02-22-2012, 01:30 AM   #48
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
That makes me like you more actually. Outside of this game I find it annoying hearing geeks quote this movie at me as if it were the first time I had heard their quotes. And that annoyance is second only to hearing Princess Bride quoted.

Inconceivable!
Old 02-22-2012, 05:41 AM   #49
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

Aw, you just don't like books about kissing. How cute!
Old 02-22-2012, 05:42 AM   #50
The Jackal
Coordinator

vote mckerney