Grizzled Veteran

Unvote bhlloy

And that was it.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #303
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Vote Raiders Army

I don't really have a lot of thoughts on things at this point. This vote is a simple 'I feel mildly ok about Jackal and mildly un-ok about RA so I'm 2 * mildly ok with this vote.'
Old 05-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #304
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm going to return to my Day 1 vote because I haven't had any reason to change it up to this point. Willing to be persuaded, since I see JAG feels "mildly OK about Jackal" ... wondering about the foundation for any kind of vibe feelings at this point.

VOTE THE JACKAL
UNVOTE THE JACKAL
VOTE THE JACKAL
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #305
bhlloy
Coordinator

Why me JAG, if I can ask?

As for the tie, the other outcome is we kill two villagers on day one and put ourselves in a hole. The chance of two villagers being in the lead on day one before the herd is thinned out is pretty high. I'd rather see a throwaway or somebody pushed ahead, but it's entirely possible I've always been looking at it the wrong way
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #306
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Does everyone really think they need to unvote for their vote to count?
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #307
bhlloy
Coordinator

Well if all the cool kids are doing it...

I do wonder if unvotes are the actual votes for this round, which is why I am interested in knowing why JAG chose me an then voted for someone else

Unvote britrock
Vote britrock
Old 05-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #308
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Does everyone really think they need to unvote for their vote to count?

Considering how far out of his way CF went to mention it, I think it's a definite possibility
Old 05-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #309
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Considering how far out of his way CF went to mention it, I think it's a definite possibility

What do you mean by this?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #310
KWhit
Coordinator

From reading back through CF's posts there is nothing that makes me think you HAVE to unvote for your vote to count. Where are you guys getting that theory?
Old 05-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #311
bhlloy
Coordinator

I mean unvotes are a regular part of WW. Everybody knows how to use them. So why does CF go into such detail unless this is today's test? I think it's very likely that unvoting specifically has something to do with how today's votes are going to be tabulated
Old 05-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #312
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Unvotes are a regular part - if mentioned in the rules. Which they were not. If you look back at page 1 now, he has added it to his list. I think it's more likely that he is introducing things gradually (as has been said) than trying to draw attention to particular things.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #313
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Don't forget that Aperture Science "Take Your Daughter To Work" Day is the perfect time to have her tested.

>*CHIRP*<
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:35 PM   #314
bhlloy
Coordinator

Well I guess we will find out this evening. Put it this way, I don't see any harm in doing it
Old 05-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #315
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I mean unvotes are a regular part of WW. Everybody knows how to use them. So why does CF go into such detail unless this is today's test? I think it's very likely that unvoting specifically has something to do with how today's votes are going to be tabulated

Yeah, I just think he was "cleverly" letting us know that this is now a part of the ruleset.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #316
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

That's the way I am looking at it too, KWhit - but I do agree with you on that bhlloy. No harm in it - was just asking
Old 05-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #317
Ragone
Pro Rookie

As of right this second.. we have no real basis to vote on.. if someone does happen
To have seer ability(I don't think the role is active in game yet) we need more time to
Flesh out the good from the bad.. I'm willing to change vote later on if a revelation comes out.
vote chubby
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #318
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
From what I remember of 'Portal' the only bad guy was the computer who was running the tests ....

It could be that the entire thing is just one big psychological test to see how many people will be sacrificed for no real reason, would be kinda cool

That being said I'd have also thought the Portal setup would suit people being 'offered' assistance by the (slightly demented) computer system and thus gaining roles during the game ..... in return for doing certain things for the computer possibly? ..... dunno, working this out will be all part of the fun ...

It would be kind of funny to just have all vanilla townies, and just have it come down to last man standing... I guess we'll know more after this day and night phase.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #319
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

We're testers. Not participating in a test is a bad thing. Today's test is on unvoting. bhlloy, I just picked someone I didn't have feelings about one way or another and someone I didn't see myself voting for today. hoops, like I said, I don't have anything firm to back up my feelings. My hunch is the trio of Autumn / GE / Jackal are regular testers.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #320
bhlloy
Coordinator

I think any votes on Chubby are probably pretty redundant if yesterday's rules hold. Usually I'm a big fan of voting out the inactives but if he gets +3 just for not showing up I don't see the rush

Disclaimer: I have no idea if he will get +3 but I still think we might be better to look elsewhere and get some voting history seeing as we got close to zero yesterday
Old 05-08-2012, 12:52 PM   #321
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I think voting Chubby is a mistake, unless he shows up. If he doesn't show up, then you've probably wasted your votes because CF is likely to strike him down anyway.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #322
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Jinx
Old 05-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #323
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I don't know if the unvote is the test or not. To me, it was more along the lines of CF saying we could now unvote. But I will go ahead and unvote just to comply with the test.

UNVOTE THE JACKAL
Old 05-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #324
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
We're testers. Not participating in a test is a bad thing. Today's test is on unvoting.

That's a good thought. That didn't occur to me.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #325
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Unvote Marc Vaughan
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #326
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

(what can I say - the unvoting being the test kinda makes sense to me)
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #327
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
We're testers. Not participating in a test is a bad thing. Today's test is on unvoting.

I think there might be wisdom here.

Vote Marc Vaughn
Unvote Marc Vaughn
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #328
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I didn't "win" anything special from the vote yesterday. That means either The Jackal beat me in the duel and won whatever there was to win or it was a complete waste of time.
Jackal?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #329
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Jackal?

I would be interested in hearing what he has to say as well. CF went out of his way to explain the tiebreaker rule and then obviously nothing came out of it, at least publicly. If Jackal also got nothing, I think that means one of two things:

1) There is some validity about things slowing evolving. There was no Day 1 lynch because Day 1 is still evolving.
2) Jackal has a duke sort of role and used it to save himself (and me I guess as well)
Old 05-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #330
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I don't know if the unvote is the test or not. To me, it was more along the lines of CF saying we could now unvote.

Ex-bleedin'-actly. All this unvoting is doing my head in. Are we all turning into Danny as the Joker? Test = day as far as I can see at the moment, with Test 1 being getting signed up.

As to why no-one got lynched it seems that there's a very important but hidden mechanic used as a tie-breaker. I wouldn't be surprised if it's longest held vote or something banal like that. If that's the case then it would support there being no real contest on day one as otherwise one of them would have been lynched.

I don't think we should read too much into all these posts by CF - most of them seem to be ways of introducing the rules whilst causing confusion.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #331
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I didn't "win" anything special from the vote yesterday. That means either The Jackal beat me in the duel and won whatever there was to win or it was a complete waste of time.

Nothing happened to me either
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #332
The Jackal
Coordinator

Just in case..

UNVOTE GE
UNVOTE RA
VOTE RA
Old 05-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #333
The Jackal
Coordinator

I probably failed both of these tests, missed the lack of unvote D1, voted before unvoting D2. Go me!
Old 05-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #334
The Jackal
Coordinator

Give them cake!
Old 05-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #335
KWhit
Coordinator

Actually, I bet the 3 votes that Chubby and MV got yesterday is because they failed yesterday's test (voting). They didn't vote.

So if you don't unvote today, you'll be getting a 3 vote bump.

Makes sense, right?
Old 05-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #336
KWhit
Coordinator

Vote Chubby

Unvote Chubby
Old 05-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #337
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

What is the logic on voting for RA? He has not done anything out of the ordinary but he seems to be the vote leader at this point.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #338
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
What is the logic on voting for RA? He has not done anything out of the ordinary but he seems to be the vote leader at this point.

In a day that's hard to analyze, I'm voting for him mostly because he placed the 8th vote on a person (me, call it subconscious revenge if you like) when two others had two. It's hardly much considering some are still arguing that there may not have even been wolves yesterday.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #339
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I think pretty much everyone, to this point, as unvoted first...so in order to help prove the point one way or another about the tests, I am going to be a willing guinea pig and see what happens.

VOTE JACKAL
Old 05-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #340
The Jackal
Coordinator

I like how I'm part of people testing things. I trust in the craziness of this game to either save me, or provide an epic death.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #341
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
I think pretty much everyone, to this point, as unvoted first...so in order to help prove the point one way or another about the tests, I am going to be a willing guinea pig and see what happens.

VOTE JACKAL

I'm with you, actually -- have not unvoted.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #342
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I like how I'm part of people testing things. I trust in the craziness of this game to either save me, or provide an epic death.

If we're talking about a werewolf lynch vote, my money is on ****ZZZAAAAPPPPPPP!!!!!***** over some kind of a save scenario.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #343
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
In a day that's hard to analyze, I'm voting for him mostly because he placed the 8th vote on a person (me, call it subconscious revenge if you like) when two others had two. It's hardly much considering some are still arguing that there may not have even been wolves yesterday.

You've mentioned his placing the 8th vote twice now. Are you ascribing some sort of significance to the 8th vote, or are you just choosing a random ordinal number?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #344
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Ex-bleedin'-actly. All this unvoting is doing my head in. Are we all turning into Danny as the Joker? Test = day as far as I can see at the moment, with Test 1 being getting signed up.

As to why no-one got lynched it seems that there's a very important but hidden mechanic used as a tie-breaker. I wouldn't be surprised if it's longest held vote or something banal like that. If that's the case then it would support there being no real contest on day one as otherwise one of them would have been lynched.

I don't think we should read too much into all these posts by CF - most of them seem to be ways of introducing the rules whilst causing confusion.

I disagree:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
We wait in joyful anticipation for the following to complete this test.

Have not voted: Ragone, Chubby, tyketime, Passacaglia, Marc Vaughn

Quote:
The test is complete and two have failed. Congratulations to the rest of you who tested in the 90th percentile of all testers who took this test.

Stand by for radioactive tabulations. Please don the protective radioactive-proof suits which will be arriving to your location in 3...2...2...2...2...2...22...2222.2.22..22.2.22.2.22.2.2.2.222...
>*CHIRP*<

Quote:
Test 3 - Unvoting
Attachment 3924

Unvoting is the art of removing a previously made vote. Some people make a living at it. You all remember how to vote?

Let's use Mary again.

VOTE MARY

You see what I did there? I voted for Mary.

Now let's unvote Mary

UNVOTE MARY

The same principals apply. Use boldface just as you would a vote. Now it is as if you never voted and can now vote for someone else like Chuck or even better the person that--**FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF..**

>CHIRP<
Old 05-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #345
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox
The test is complete and two have failed. Congratulations to the rest of you who tested in the 90th percentile of all testers who took this test.

Right. I originally thought the 2 he was talking about were the ones who tied for the most votes. But that's not what he meant at all. He meant the two that failed the test by not voting at all - Chubby and MV.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #346
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Calculations tabulated. Test Results complete.

GoldenEagle 4 - bhlloy, Narcizo, Passacaglia, Ragone
The_Jackal 4- Raiders_Army, hoopsguy, GoldenEagle, tyketime
Marc_Vaughan 3
Chubby 3
Autumn 3 - PackerFanatic, Zinto, Darth_Vilus
Julio Riddols 2 - JAG, Simbo Klice
JAG 2 - Barkeep, Julio_Riddols
Narcizo 1 - The_Jackal
KWHIT 1 - Autumn
Chubby 1 - KWHIT

Zinto 1 - britrock

The winner of the vote is The_Jackal and GoldenEagle. There will now be a special party just for them. A pity party.

Although I think there is an error in his writeup - or something else weird is going on.

Hey, Gladdy! Should Chubby actually have 4 votes and tied with the other 2 guys? He's on this list twice - once for when I voted for him, and then the 3 vote extra thing.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #347
Autumn
Head Coach

Julio Riddols 2 - JAG, Simbo Klice
JAG 2 - Barkeep, Julio_Riddols
Zinto 1 - britrock
Autumn 3 - PackerFanatic, Zinto, Darth_Vilus
Narcizo 1 - The_Jackal
KWHIT 1 - Autumn
GoldenEagle 4 - bhlloy, Narcizo, Passacaglia, Ragone
The_Jackal 4- Raiders_Army, hoopsguy, GoldenEagle, tyketime
Chubby 1 - KWHIT

This is the vote count CF posted at the time that he mentioned that his apparatus (hey!) could even count votes from the future. I want to double check - is everybody's vote accurate here? Are there any votes here that weren't actually placed in thread?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #348
Ragone
Pro Rookie

unvote goldeneagle
Unvote chubby

Just covering my bases just in case votes are possibly carried over from yesterday
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #349
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

So there was supposed to be a test at 3 PM EST today, right? If so, did we need to unvote before the test deadline?
Old 05-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #350
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

From my quick look through the thread, only 7 people have properly voted and then unvoted: britrock88, JAG, hoopsguy, bhlloy, Barkeep49, The Jackal, and KWhit. The rest of you need to unvote properly (make a vote then unvote it) at some point during the day or else you will likely incur penalty votes. Of course if you're a wolf, I recommend not doing this as a courtesy to us testers.