Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #51
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

While we're attacking that angle, what if we hire a maester to see what our opponents are working with? Finding out what each pretender king has at his disposal may help us determine who to go to war with once we reach day 4. We should definitely choose our battles wisely with Joffreys head probably being the most sought after.

FUCK EA

Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #52
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I don't pretend to know what kind of cash a king has relative to a bannerman, but my reaction to the 250K service suggests that we'll need to do quite a bit of work developing lands in order to have that kind of capital.

I'm guessing I'm a fairly big deal in terms of bannerman wealth, and that is outside of what I'll have/generate alone in this game.

I believe that is the pie in the sky goal. I know that I am no where near 250k and I think developing our lands completely is the only way we are going to achieve that goal and it may be a very end game goal.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:09 AM   #53
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
It may benefit us to consider buying the love of the people.

I believe that will only help us get honor in the eyes of the small folk. The small folk will be no help to us today.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #54
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Additionally, increasing our already strong foothold might be a better idea than reaching out to make an alliance. It depends on what lands are available to us, but finding and acquiring lands that produce ships might be more useful. I just don't think anyone will join our cause willingly without constantly trying to find a way to usurp us at the first sign of weakness.

Unless one of you has a silver tongue I fear that strengthening our lands and building upon our existing land may be the best plan.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #55
Zinto
College Starter

It also looks like Stannis has sent one of his bannerman to talk to Robb. I am wondering if we should send one of you two to talk to Renly and see if we can get him voting Melisandre.

Chief can you try and contact Ser Jamie we are in dire need of his help.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:18 AM   #56
hoopsguy
General Manager

Agreed, we need to have someone out and about today helping us at least a short-term alliance.

I'm happy to take on that role, although I won't have as much in-thread availability today as I will later in the week. I would also need Chief to allow it, given that I've already swapped a couple of PMs with Joffrey/Zinto in my Hand role for the day.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #57
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
I also would expect that our chances to influence Davos might be improved if Stannis is forced to diminish himself by protecting Melisandre.

I'm going to have Casterly Rock business to attend to for much of the afternoon. I'm hoping that someone here, during my absence, can assure that the conversation remains focused on her potentially fearsome powers and the negative impact that Asshai influence would have on a would-be king.

Currently that is the goal while trying to clear Ser Gregor of crimes. Davos is going to be hard to turn currently because he is the hand of the king. I believe that a big mistake by Stannis would need to be made if we are to approach him and try to make him a turncoat.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #58
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:

Joffrey - please use your communication powers to the max. I would emphasize in your missives your desire to be a fair and just king, with a desire to rule a peaceful land. Emphasize that you must protect your seat, but that you can and will be benevolent to your allies while having the capacity for mercy for your foes. That will likely come into question in light of the Ned Stark decapitation.

Clegor - I would like for us to try and grab some land. I'll ask some questions in this thread later to determine the logistics around this. But the terror you strike on the battlefield would likely enhance our chances of success in this venture.

Jamie - should you arrive, we could potentially use you as an emissary. Please let us know if you feel that you have any innate talents in this area. My suspicion is that you are better served capturing bannermen, but that doesn't appear to be an option just yet.

I'm also up for buying a service today, and willing to listen to thoughts on what market offerings would best advance Lannister interests.

I think sending Ser Gregor to try and take lands would be a great idea. I am hoping to try and find Jamie at some point today. Also what are you planning to do Grandfather?
Old 05-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #59
hoopsguy
General Manager

I don't believe that the Hand of the King will play that big a role; I would appeal to Davos about his chance to impact history, to create a tale that will be told for generations to come with him at the center of the political intrigue. And he would be amply rewarded for his efforts when peace arrives.

(ooc)In other words, finding a player (Davos or otherwise) who wants a chance to make this game cool/epic is probably the one to try and sway. Someone like Lathum; I'm sure there are other good choices as well. But that is the way that I think we get someone to deviate from their GOT character and spice up the game.(/ooc)
Old 05-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #60
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I think sending Ser Gregor to try and take lands would be a great idea. I am hoping to try and find Jamie at some point today. Also what are you planning to do Grandfather?

If eligible to do so, I'll be happy to act as an emissary.
If not, I would be happy to join Gregor in gaining lands. In tandem, if that is an option.
I'm also up for spending some of my capital on services today; perhaps Littlefinger as an act of building trust with him?
Old 05-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #61
hoopsguy
General Manager

Until getting a ruling on emissary status from Chief, I'm going to hold off on sending another PM via Hand abilities. I don't want to gain false advantage; similarly, I don't want to disqualify myself from emissary status by playing by published rules only to be undone by later added rules/clarifications (Hand loses PM when off at other camp).
Old 05-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #62
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'm ready for anything, and I agree with the angle of raiding land as well as improving our own. It seems apparent that our enemies are all heavily set on weakening our position by removing me from the field of battle at this point, which is probably sound logic on their parts. If there is one thing I know and know well, it is how to kill a man. I haven't used my PM for the day yet, I want to kind of let things shake out and see who might be the most amenable to listening to what I have to say.

FUCK EA
Old 05-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #63
hoopsguy
General Manager

How would you feel about me buying Baelish's spies to get insight into the conversations occurring between Stark/Stannis?
Old 05-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #64
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I've decided to speak with Tyrion about his thoughts on Joffrey remaining on the throne. I think I can convince him to believe he will be better served with the Lannisters in power, and if Jamie never shows himself, perhaps Tyrion can be convinced to bend his knee in his stead.

Perhaps if Melisandre is determined to be a traitor to the realm we can send Jamie to capture her so we can take her head.

FUCK EA
Old 05-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #65
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
How would you feel about me buying Baelish's spies to get insight into the conversations occurring between Stark/Stannis?

I have a hard time trusting Baelish, but I think Stannis is definitely making it a point to try and forge an alliance with the people he thinks can help him most because he doesn't have the strength he needs to take us on by himself. I think the Stark contingent is a more honorable group, but the fact still stands that they do not agree with Joffrey sitting on the throne. We may be better served by sending a maester to see exactly what our opponents are working with this early in the game. I think if we get an idea where they are starting from, we will have a better idea what they will have when we inevitably have to eliminate their threat to us.

FUCK EA
Old 05-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #66
hoopsguy
General Manager

I suspect Jamie would do very well in that role.
I think Tyrion is a fine choice, and someone who will likely wield influence in the larger conversations.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #67
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

If I am to raid, I believe Duskendale would be the best target.

FUCK EA
Old 05-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #68
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Also, failing Tyrion, maybe trying to make amends with Ser Barristan would be worth a look.

FUCK EA
Old 05-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #69
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Chief Rum -
- can we attack any lands? Is there any kind of distance penalty or do we more or less have freedom of movement around Westeros from day-to-day? Not sure if there is a map and movement rates ... I know there is already a ton of other content in the game, so I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't part of it.
- Is there any bonus in attacking a land with more than one bannerman? For example, if I joined Clegor in attacking a land would there be greater benefit than just the sum of our men?
- Would the spoils be split equally among the two attackers? Do we need to name the size of our attacking force, or is it assumed that we move with our entire army?
- Is there any danger of capture or death when raiding lands?

--No distance penalty--attack/raid where you want.
--No bonus. It would be treated like two separate raids, and if they target the same land, for sure, one of those raids would fail. Only one raid will possibly succeed on a given land in a given day.
--Assumed that the raiding party consists of that Lord's entire retinue of men (yes, I know no one raids with 20K-30K men, bear with me, lol)
--No chance of death. There is a very small chance of capture.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #70
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I have PMd greenbeans.

Hopefully we will hear from her soon.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #71
hoopsguy
General Manager

I got a PM from Renly/path indicating that they are willing to have a conversation around alliance - it seems they fear the Stannis/Robb movement just as we do. He suspects that Clegor is doomed for today; I can try to sway him on that on an emissary junket. I'm planning to put that in motion in the next hour, barring any strong feelings against it posted in this thread.

Finally, I would suggest that Clegor complete his raid ASAP and that Joffrey hold his Jamie vote until late in the day in the event it can swing the election. If it is useless, don't expend the effort and inadvertently remind other kings of this capability.

For the Maester option, who would you have me scan? I'm fine with doing this in lieu of spies/Baelish. The Baelish piece was more motivated on indirectly notifying Baelish of our desire to work with him.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #72
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Well, I appear to be a man at the mercy of the wind at this point. I plan to continue to support the crowns interests to the best of my abilities if I must flee. I will complete my raid and let fate decide from there.

As for who I would take a look at, I would suggest Stannis. I think he will be the most aggressive in trying to attain the crown and probably the most active opposition as well.. I will be spending my days trying to undermine his factions every move since he was the one to call for my head.

FUCK EA
Old 05-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #73
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I don't know if Joffrey has to send me on the raid, but I am certainly interested in capturing some land for him before I have to go alone. I will submit the instructions to complete the raid on Duskendale.

FUCK EA
Old 05-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #74
hoopsguy
General Manager

I will now complete my mission to chat with Renly, as well as submitting an order to profile Stannis.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #75
hoopsguy
General Manager

If possible, I'll see if we can get this to turn into a 2:2 house collision tonight and hope that the neutrals can save Clegor. But I have doubts about that coming to fruition.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #76
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm looking to get clarification on whether I can order myself as emissary or whether Joffrey needs to send me. From reading the rules, it sounds like the latter.

If it is the former, you'll see a post about it in the general thread as I won't be able to post in here.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #77
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I too am waiting for clarification on something. It may make a huge difference.

FUCK EA
Old 05-21-2013, 05:41 PM   #78
Zinto
College Starter

I am back friends and I am catching up.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:44 PM   #79
Zinto
College Starter

Are we set on Ser Gregor raiding and Grandfather going to Renly?

My other question is for Chief Rum; can a bannerman be held hostage if he goes to as an emissary?
Old 05-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #80
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Seems we're all waiting for clarification from Chief on something. I'm guessing it will take him some time to answer all the questions.

FUCK EA
Old 05-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #81
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I think we are set on those ideas, however. I have already submitted my intent to complete the task of raiding Duskendale.

FUCK EA
Old 05-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #82
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

My other question is for Chief Rum; can a bannerman be held hostage if he goes to as an emissary?

I believe you need to order me visiting Renly. I've asked for clarification on it, but if you post it as an order in the thread I'll immediately begin reaching out to Renly.

I certainly hope that I cannot be held hostage as a by-product of a visit.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #83
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, I got a PM from Robb Stark. He indicated that forces are aligning against us to remove Joffrey from the throne - more or less a temperature check for what my thoughts were. I cautioned him against his allegiance with Stannis, reminding him that there can only be only one king. Stannis is both unwilling to share and potentially able to deal with Robb (or any king, bannerman, or neutral potentially) in ways that represent a unique threat. We'll see if that notion weighs on him at all. I want to sow the seeds of discord between those houses.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #84
Zinto
College Starter

I will send Tywin Lannister/Chief Rum as an emissary to Renly Bareaheon.

Please try to sway him into voting Melisandre.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #85
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Hopefully planting the seed early will have them at each others throats fairly soon. In the mean time, we can focus on winning Renlys trust so that we can tap him for the advantage of his men, land and wealth when he least expects it.

FUCK EA
Old 05-21-2013, 06:58 PM   #86
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Damn it all to hell. You found the one thing I did NOT plan for in the rules. Lol.

No, emmissaries are safe. They'll return.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 05-21-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:59 PM   #87
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Tywin Lannister (hoopsguy) has left the war camp on an errand.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #88
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Sorry, I am much too busy monitoring PMs to stand in Tywin's stead with King Renly.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #89
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Ok, I have my answer, and here is my plan. I have received an offer from Renly's camp to join their group after being declared an enemy of the realm. If they are honest and truthful in their offer, I will become a bannerman of Renly, privy to all his information. I will be able to warn you of impending attacks or actions against you with code words. I will post those codewords later. First, the maiin idea: I can become a member of King Joffreys bannermen again if I am picked up by Renly and my honor is restored. You can use me as an inside source for info with the help of my code words, and hopefully use that knowledge to defeat Renly and seize his assets for our benefit.

Heres the fun/tricky part. In order to help them avoid paying the fee to acquire me and restore my honor, I am going to transfer all my gold to Renly shortly before the deadline in what will appear to be an act of betrayal. I will be doing that privately, but I am telling you here, I only have 5000 gold, so it isn't a ton of wealth.

I will devise some code words to use to describe certain events or actions that Renly Baratheon and his ilk may be aspiring to, then post them here.

FUCK EA
Old 05-21-2013, 07:19 PM   #90
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

If Renly plans to do any of the following, I will use the exact phrase next to these in the main forum hidden within a seemingly regular post as a warning. I will also try to include the name of the place or person the attack is aimed at somewhere in the post.

An attack on our land: "Renly is an honest and just man and would make a fine king."

An attempt to spy on us: "I would not trust any man who plays the Game of Thrones."

An attempt to ally with another kingdom: "My sword thirsts for blood."

Any other action that may have a consequence negative to the Lannister banner: "I care not for politics."

Are there any other things you want me to have a phrase for? At 10:00 PM I plan to move the money and signal to them my interest in joining their cause. I will be sure and relay any information we have discussed to them truthfully and accurately. *wink*

FUCK EA
Old 05-21-2013, 07:24 PM   #91
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

That is, unless you have better ideas.

FUCK EA
Old 05-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #92
Zinto
College Starter

No, your plan will work fine. If we succeed a better amount of land and a wardenship will be yours. I thank you for your openness about what is going on. My only fear is that some other group will catch you before you are able to join up with Renly.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #93
Zinto
College Starter

I would also advise you to use your right to a raven if things look south for us Lannisters.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #94
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'll do my best to end up in the right hands, my king. Wish me well.

FUCK EA
Old 05-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #95
Zinto
College Starter

To be a Lannister and alone. It is a tough life. I hope nothing happened to greenbeans and she is ok wherever she may be.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #96
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

greenbeans is being replaced by bhlloy as Jaime Lannister.

Welcome to the game, bhlloy and good luck!

Old 05-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #97
bhlloy
Coordinator

What's up everyone? Tryin to get caught up this afternoon while at work
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:03 PM   #98
bhlloy
Coordinator

Can somebody catch me up briefly?
Old 05-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #99
bhlloy
Coordinator

So it seems from a brief scan that I am leading so far today. I assume that we really don't want to go down another person. I also have a special ability as kingslayer that I am very powerful in war, which I would have thought makes me even more valuable.

So - if I do get voted tonight, should I come to Joffrey and try to stay in the house? Narc seems to have been pushing hard for that, and seems to make sense to me. Otherwise we are in a lot of trouble
Old 05-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #100
Zinto
College Starter

Sorry Uncle Jamie that I have been gone all day. You may end up the target of today's vote but if that is the case I implore you to give me your trust. I will retain your services for sure since I cannot be without another bannerman.