Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-07-2016, 07:37 AM   #1
GoBlue2419
High School JV

SmashBall (A BBCF Coaching Dynasty)

My name is Smash Preston. And no, "Smash" is not my real first name. But ever since I was four years old, after running through my third screen door, that is pretty much how I have been known. I grew up in Western Michigan, played football at the University of Michigan (well, was on the team at least), and upon graduation, began my coaching career.

I started out by working as a graduate assistant at U of M. After two years, I was hired by my high school alma mater to coach the Varsity squad. We saw some success at the state level, reaching the semi-finals twice in five years.

After five years at my high school, I was hired by a Division II school as their Head Coach. After four years there I received a call from Cary Vickers, the Athletic Director at Central Michigan University. When he asked me if I had any interest in coaching at the FBS level, and I basically said, "Are you kidding me? Of course I do." They brought me in for an interview, and before I knew it, I was being introduced at a press conference as the new Head Coach of the Chippewas.

Dynasty Setup
This coaching dynasty will follow the career of Smash Preston as he seeks to move up the coaching ladder, with the ultimate goal of being Head Coach at Michigan. Additionally, his career will have a number of other goals.

Career Goals:
- Win a National Championship
- Win a Conference Championship
- Coach a team to an undefeated season
- Win Conference Coach of the Year
- Win National Coach of the Year
- Have Heisman Trophy winner
- Sign the #1 recruit in a recruiting class
- Sign the #1 recruiting class overall in a recruiting season
- Get the Head Coach job at Michigan

GoBlue2419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:06 AM   #3
GoBlue2419
High School JV

2016 Season

Coaching Staff
My initial coaching staff is most certainly nothing to write home about. Hopefully in year two I’ll be able to improve on these, but for now, they will have to do.
Offensive Coordinator - 36-year-old Marcus Lively. Lively is an alumnus of South Florida. His strongest skill, which is just average, is game planning.
Defensive Coordinator - Brian Gonzalez, a 30 year old product of Kansas. His preferred defensive formation is 5-2, and his strongest skills are motivation, game planning, and scouting DBs, which are all below average.
Special Teams Coordinator - Jacob Whitney, 39 years old from the University of Virginia. He is an average coach at motivating special teamers.

We will "try" to employ a spread-like attack on the offensive side of the ball.

Old 09-07-2016, 08:11 AM   #4
GoBlue2419
High School JV

2016 Roster Breakdown

Offense
QB
Sophomore Lucas Wilson (6-2, 196, Detour Village, MI) will be the starter. Wilson is a much more mobile threat than a passing threat, as he does not possess a strong arm. But he is probably the most accurate passer on the team as well. Senior Jordan Jones (6-1, 216, Olivet, MI) will be the back-up.

RB
Senior Jabari Donnelly (6-0, 201, Grand Rapids, MI) and Junior Scott Parra (5-11, 201, Springfield, MN) will share RB duties.

WR
We will generally employ a three WR set, with Matt Leach (Jr, 6-6, 183, St. Joseph, MI) the main receiving threat. Mark Kinder (So, LaGrange Park, IL) and Alexander Ocasio (Soph, Nekoosa, WI) will be the other starters. Leach and Kinder are the speed threats, and Ocasio more of a possession receiver.

TE
Senior T.J. Johns will be the starter, backed up by Theodore Lancaster (Jr, Akron, IN) and freshman Wilson Tucker (6-4, 223, Pittsville, WI).

OT
Not one of the team’s strengths, tackle will be a position by committee most likely, unless a couple guys stand out from the pack. Getting the starting nod initially will probably be Victor Huey (Soph, 6-2, 315, Lakewood, OH) and Mark Hudson (Fr, 6-2, 303, Midland, MI).

OG
Charles Sewell (Sr, 6-2, 297, Dearborn Heights, MI) is the anchor of the offensive line, clearly the top lineman on the squad. The other guard spot will be manned by junior Dalton Dowdell (6-8, 306, Mattawan, MI).

C
Kelvin Hansen (Jr, 6-6, 292, Big Lake, MN) gets the starting spot at center, and will be backed up by freshman James Richards (6-1, 257, Sanford, MI).

Defense
On defense, the Chippewas will line up in a 4-2-5 formation, with the defensive backs being the strongest corp in the team.

DE
Starting at the defensive end positions will be Dylan Boyette (Sr, Denmark, WI) and redshirt freshman John Parks (St. Joseph, MI). Backing them up, while getting plenty of action, is sophomore Jonathan Collins (Racine, WI).

DT
Boomer Steiner (Jr, Hillman, MI) with probably the best name on the team, will be one of the defensive tackles, with senior Sebastian Whipple (Grand Haven, MI) the other starter. Sophomore Tony Waters (Evansville, IN) will back them up.

LB
Nicholas Hardison (Fr, Detroit, MI) and La’Roi Williams (Sr, Laingsburg, MI) will be the starters at LB, with junior Josh Howell (Fairgrove, MI), freshman David Davenport, and Mason Baxter (Jr, Redford, MI) also seeing plenty of action.

CB
Deshawn Mathis (Sr, Kaukauna, WI) and Deke Overstreet (Jr, Calumet, MI) will start at corner, with junior Charles Jordan (Niles, MI) and Austin Dennard (Soph, Riverview, MI) most likely filling the other spots in the two-deep depth chart.

S
Alfred Ross (Jr, Middleville, MI) will be the starting free safety, and true freshman Jacob Walker, perhaps the Chippewa with the most potential, will get the nod at strong safety. Filling the nickel back role will be Frederick Farr (Sr, Wyandotte, MI).

K/P
Sophomore Jacob Flowers (Pickford, MI) will be doing the kicking duties this year, while senior Kyle Olsen will be handling the punting chores.

KR/PR
Running back kickoffs will be WR Matt Leach, and Deke Overstreet will be the main punt returner.

Last edited by GoBlue2419 : 09-07-2016 at 08:12 AM.
Old 09-07-2016, 01:49 PM   #5
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Love seeing college football dynasties! Will definitely be checking up on this one
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:55 AM   #6
GoBlue2419
High School JV

Game 1 Preview

We open the season traveling to Boulder, CO to take on the Colorado Buffaloes. We are 4-point underdogs in this one. Colorado is not expected to do much in the Big 12 this year, and they could be susceptible to a road win for us.

QB Joseph Cornett is their leader on offense, and OG Peerless Chamberlain anchors their mediocre offensive line. Defensively, DE Ryan Roberts is the main guy in a decent defensive line.

Weather is expected to be sunny with a high of 78.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:29 AM   #7
GoBlue2419
High School JV

2016 Game 1 - CMU @ Colorado

Surprisingly, this game was over by halftime. The first quarter saw both teams struggle offensively, but in the 2nd, we scored early and often, jumping out to a 24-7 lead at the half. WR Mark Kinder was the recipient of two Lucas Wilson scoring passes in the 2nd quarter, while DE Dylan Boyette also got into the scoring mix by returning a fumble 56 yards for a touchdown.

Kinder added another touchdown in the 3rd quarter on a 13 yard scoring pass from Wilson.

Wilson was not overly impressive, but did enough for the win. He finished 10-23 for 241 yards, with 3 touchdown passes and 2 interceptions. Jordan Jones finished 3-5 for 19 yards passing.

Meanwhile, Jabari Donnelly was impressive, running for 138 yards on 21 carries. Scott Parra added 65 yards on 11 carries, and Wilson ran for 23 yards on 8 carries.

Kinder grabbed 6 passes for 114 yards and the 3 touchdowns, while Alexander Ocasio snatched 4 balls for 99 yards, and Matt Leach added 2 catches for 42 yards.

Defensively, Alfred Ross led the way with 8 tackles, and Jacob Walker, the true freshman, picked off 2 Buffaloes passes. We did not manage any sacks however, so we are going to need to work on pressuring the QBs more.

While Jacob Flowers made 3 field goals, he also missed 3 attempts, so that raises a bit of concern as well.

Up next we face Appalachian State at home, where we are 6 point favorites.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:53 PM   #9
GoBlue2419
High School JV

2016 Game 2 - Appalachian State @ CMU

We never trailed in this one, jumping out to a 7-0 lead on a 2 yard Jabari Donnelly touchdown run with 5:22 left in the 1st quarter, settling in for a 24-3 win in our first home game of the season.

Also scoring touchdowns were Scott Parra on a 56 yard yard in the 2nd quarter, and then Mark Kinder caught a 6 yard pass from QB Lucas Wilson in the 3rd quarter for another touchdown. Jacob Flowers added a 36 yard field goal late in the 4th quarter.

Wilson struggled again throwing the ball, going just 6/19 for 123 yards, with the one touchdown, and unfortunately, 4 interceptions. We have managed to start off 2-0 despite his throwing woes, but I'm not sure how long we can compete with that level of poor throwing. Jordan Jones completed 3 of 5 passes for 35 yards in his time.

Thanks to his 56 yard TD run, Parra led the team in rushing with 85 yards on 9 carries, while Donnelly added 61 on 17, and Wilson added 28 yards on 10 carries.

Kinder and Alexander Ocasio each caught 3 passes, with Ocasio gaining 53 yards on those catches, and Kinder adding 28. Matt Leach caught one,

Alfred Ross again led the way in tackles, compiling 8. Nickel back Fredrick Farr forced two fumbles while racking up 6 tackles. LB Nicholas Hardison and DE John Parks each picked up a sack.

Besides the win, another plus coming out of this game is we have no injuries at this point.

We are off in Week 3 before we take on in-state rival Eastern Michigan in Week 4.

Last edited by GoBlue2419 : 09-12-2016 at 02:53 PM.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:23 AM   #10
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Nice start.
Old 09-13-2016, 02:42 PM   #12
GoBlue2419
High School JV

2016 Top 25 After Week 3

No changes from Week 2.

Last edited by GoBlue2419 : 09-13-2016 at 02:43 PM.