Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-10-2003, 12:38 AM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Terry Tate, Office Linebacker.. Runnin Wild?

Not only is there a new episode due up later today.. there's THIS evaluation from Mel Kiper Jr

Terry Tate: From commercial to NFL?
By Mel Kiper
ESPN.com

Editor's Note: What if Terry Tate, office linebacker, declared for the NFL draft?

If you watched the Super Bowl, you probably saw the Reebok commercial featuring Terry Tate, office linebacker. Whenever employees at the commercial's fictitious company made a business error or slacked off -- such as playing a computer game -- Tate got their attention with a vicious, flying tackle. Tate made the rounds in the office with hit after hit after hit. The result? Significantly increased workplace productivity.

Just in case Tate declares for the draft, ESPN.com draft guru Mel Kiper Jr. offers his (tongue-in-cheek) evaluation...

DRAFT EVALUATION: Terry Tate, Office Linebacker
Tate shows quickness and excellent closing speed -- when he arrives on the scene he delivers quite a wallop. He's a fiery competitor with a mean streak, displaying a high intensity level throughout the entire commercial. He should be effective at getting to the quarterback, as evidenced by his ability to work through the cubicle double-team.

Listed at 6-foot-7 and 300-plus pounds, he has outstanding size for a linebacker. He could project to a defensive end in the NFL. But as an NFL rookie, he'll need to watch the trash-talking. He has a Warren Sapp-like mouth that could rile veterans.

He's shown good speed indoors in an office setting, but his final draft grade will be dependent on his time in the 40-yard dash during individual workouts.

Draft Outlook: If he displays anything near the 4.23 40-yard time he says he delivered in his prime, he'll be a sure-fire first-round pick. If not, he'll probably slide into the second round.

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 06:07 AM   #2
Blackadar
Retired

Heh. Funny stuff.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 07:13 AM   #3
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'm just glad to see that Terry has been brought in to handle the recent rash of streaking incidents at English football matches
Old 02-10-2003, 10:17 AM   #4
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Have you seen the commercial where he takles the naked English soccer fan on the pitch? I rolled on the floor.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 10:17 AM   #5
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Ah, Jon beat me to it. I need to pay more attention.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 02-10-2003 at 10:18 AM.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 10:18 AM   #6
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
All of this linebacker talk makes me want to go buy some shoes.
Old 02-10-2003, 02:41 PM   #7
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by GrantDawg
Have you seen the commercial where he takles the naked English soccer fan on the pitch? I rolled on the floor.

Does anyone have a link to this?
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 02:48 PM   #8
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Radii
Does anyone have a link to this?

all the comercials are at www.reebok.com/terrytate you have to give an email adress but I watched them all this morning- very funny
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote