Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-03-2024, 05:04 AM   #301
Edward64
Head Coach

Yeah, I read he dinged it. Software was buggy as heck and some weird design choices. Obviously rushed out, didn't do a good usability study. Can do that with games ($60) but not cars ($50k+).

Nice looking car though. IMO better looking than Tesla models.

Last edited by Edward64 : 04-03-2024 at 05:05 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 06:18 AM   #302
Edward64
Head Coach

In addition to the robotaxi announcement, there were a couple articles about how Elon is cancelling the < $30k cheaper Teslas.

That's not confirmed yet, I'd put that under speculation right now, and really hope that's not true. But I'd think the sub $30k is more important than robotaxis. Sure, I can see it if the FSD was really FSD but from what I've read, it costs a lot, it's still not 100% and the onus (and liability) is still on the driver to handle unexpected situations. My guess is the robotaxi will come up short.

Elon Musk announces Tesla will unveil a ‘robotaxi’ on August 8 | CNN Business
Quote:
Elon Musk has long had an affinity for self-driving vehicles, claiming they will be one of Tesla’s most important products. Despite big promises, years have gone by without cars that can, so far, drive on their own.

But Musk, on a Friday afternoon, when companies tend to bury news, announced on X that Tesla would unveil its robotaxi on August 8.

His post was simple and included no details. “Tesla Robotaxi unveil on 8/8,” the Tesla CEO (and owner of X) posted.

Honestly, I wouldn't consider an expensive Tesla nowadays. Musk changes the pricing seemingly at will and reductions make the depreciation & re-sale value a crapshoot.

EDIT: regarding scrapping the lower cost car, Musk denies it but Reuters stands by the reporting.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...n-low-cost-car
Quote:
Tesla CEO Elon Musk accused Reuters of "lying" on Friday after the outlet reported the electric vehicle behemoth is abandoning its long-touted plans to produce a budget-friendly starter car.
Quote:
Citing three unnamed "sources familiar," Reuters reported that Tesla has scrapped its initiative to roll out an inexpensive car for the masses, purportedly called Model 2, that was expected to start at $25,000. The outlet said it had reviewed several internal Tesla documents confirming the project's demise.

Last edited by Edward64 : 04-06-2024 at 08:17 AM.
Old 04-10-2024, 05:34 AM   #303
Edward64
Head Coach

I like the new 4Runner front. The rear is just okay.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/09/2025...id-engine.html
Quote:
Toyota said pricing of the 2025 4Runner will be released closer to its on-sale date. Starting prices for the 2024 model range from about $41,000 to more than $55,000.

Last edited by Edward64 : 04-10-2024 at 05:36 AM.
Old 04-13-2024, 01:04 AM   #304
stevew
Hall Of Famer

My mom wants to trade my late dad’s RAV4 for a new Prius. Except you can’t even look at one to sit in it and see how you like it. Thought about possibly going the Carmax route on a lightly used 2023 that she could take back if she hates. Those are all kinda pricy though.

So what do I do? Was considering just putting together an email to a couple local dealerships like “hey we have this available to trade and what’s the best price you can do after trade and when can you have in a new one” and just go from there.

Does anyone here have a 2023 or 2024? Probably just want the LE, it’s already going to have too much stuff on it. Right now she’s primary driving an 05 Prius with no cameras and sensors and I don’t really like that now that she’s older.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 12:29 PM   #305
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Finding a new Prius was going to be a full time job. Ended up going with a new Corolla Hybrid that will be stateside in a few weeks.
Old 04-18-2024, 01:23 PM   #306
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Finding a new Prius was going to be a full time job. Ended up going with a new Corolla Hybrid that will be stateside in a few weeks.
Nice. That would be my choice if we replaced our current car. My wife is happy with our Sentra, though. She is not wanting to pick up a car payment.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 05:01 PM   #307
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
She is not wanting to pick up a car payment.

Smart woman you married.
Old 04-18-2024, 06:19 PM   #308
Danny
Head Coach

We just got a 2024 Honda Odyssey Touring. Plan it to be our family car for the next 10-15 years. Only downside was lack of a hybrid engine and fair gas mileage but the Sienna's are backed way up and would have to be purchased unseen / undriven for about 4-5l more for the equivalent features.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 09:40 AM   #309
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Cybertruck recall because the accelerator pad can get stuck... all 3,878 trucks made have been recalled.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 09:46 AM   #310
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
Cybertruck recall because the accelerator pad can get stuck... all 3,878 trucks made have been recalled.

Huh. Usually a company run by Elon Musk is so well organized--a proverbial well-oiled machine...
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 02:36 AM   #311
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
We just got a 2024 Honda Odyssey Touring. Plan it to be our family car for the next 10-15 years. Only downside was lack of a hybrid engine and fair gas mileage but the Sienna's are backed way up and would have to be purchased unseen / undriven for about 4-5l more for the equivalent features.

When we were buying my mom‘s car, I was shocked to see a Sienna xse on the lot. Sales guy said it was the first one they actually had sit on the lot. It wasn’t the AWD one though. Still blows my mind that a minivan can get 36 miles per gallon.

Last edited by stevew : 04-20-2024 at 02:44 AM.
Old 04-20-2024, 07:40 AM   #312
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I wrote in a Uber Odyssey and a Kia Carvinval yesterday. Mini vans have come a long way. The Kia especially was very nice.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 07:52 AM   #313
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

We had 2 Odysseys from around 2002 to 2019. The first one, the transmission died. Thanks to the internet, I realized that it was an ongoing problem that they didn't want to do a national recall for. When it happened, my wife had driven on her own from FL to NJ with a 5 year old and 6 month old, during Thanksgiving week, to attend a family funeral. Two local dealerships wouldn't do anything other than quote us the $5K+ price to replace it.

Needless to say, when I got on the phone with the regional Honda rep and told him we were going to plaster her story on every website and news source who would listen if they didn't comp any obviously defective transmission that they were having problems with all over the country, they changed their tune and not only comped the transmission, but gave us an additional 5 year warranty on it for $50.

Other than that one issue, we loved our Odysseys. I've read, though, that Honda quality has taken a dive in the past decade. Not sure if that's true or not. If you had told me 30 years ago that I'd be more likely to buy a Kia/Hyundai than a Honda, I would have laughed at you.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 01:59 PM   #314
Danny
Head Coach

Yeah. Originally we were looking at suvs but we didnt like the room they had and the third row ones were basically for timy people only. Minivans presented a better value and fit and they are so much nicer than they used to be. And even the non hybrid odyssey seems to be getting 28mph on the freeway.

Kias are attractive witu good tech but have escalating insurance costs and questionable long term reliability and value so we didn't strongly consider the carnival
Old 04-20-2024, 02:09 PM   #315
Danny
Head Coach

I hadnt read about Honda reliability taking a dive. They do appear to be behind some others in modernazation of tech and looks from what I read.
Old 05-01-2024, 08:26 PM   #316
Edward64
Head Coach

All 2025 Camrys are going to be hybrids. I'd probably go with a RAV-4 or CRV for next car, but Camry would be in Top 5 for consideration. Just not sure how I like Toyota trying to make the Camry sportier (?) with that fugly front grill. If I drive a sedan, I prefer a boring sedan.

2025 Toyota Camry First Drive Review: Hybrid-only overhaul is a hit - Autoblog

Last edited by Edward64 : 05-01-2024 at 08:26 PM.