Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-04-2007, 12:23 PM   #1
path12
Coordinator

Werewolf XLVI -- The Hatfield McCoy Feud (POSTPONED)

NOTE: GAME IS POSTPONED FOR A COUPLE WEEKS. YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP IF YOU WANT.

Welcome to the Tug Fork River on the West Virginia/Kentucky border in 1878. You are a member of the famous Hatfield or McCoy clans. Your ancestors settled this area, and over the years you have become respected landowning families.

But you have held a grudge since 1865. And it's about to break wide open.

This is the signup thread. I will follow with a posting of rules, which are liable to revision up until game start.

This is a different game, but I don't feel it's an overly complex one. I wanted to design a game that would give everyone lots to do and also experiment with teams. In this game, you want to find and protect your wolves, while finding and getting rid of the other teams. It is also a game where everyone has PM privileges of a sort. I will be cc'd on your PM's, which will provide a challenge of its own for your friendly GM.

The game can accomodate either 17, 19, or 21 players.

Signups:

1. Lathum
2. DaddyTorgo
3. st.cronin
4. Anxiety
5. Chief Rum
6. Mr. Wednesday
7. Barkeep49
8. MrBug708
9. kingfc22
10. Alan T

Last edited by path12 : 05-11-2007 at 10:12 AM.
path12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:24 PM   #2
path12
Coordinator

Current rules:

3 factions: Hatfield, McCoy, and Officials. 21 players total, can play with 19 or 17.

ALL PLAYERS MAY SEND 2 PM’S TO OTHER PLAYERS EACH DAY. A RESPONSE TO A PM COUNTS AGAINST YOUR DAILY TOTAL. GM MUST BE COPIED ON ALL PM’S EXCEPT THOSE BETWEEN ENFORCERS.

Hatfield roles (7-9 total):

Patriarch (“Devil Anse” Hatfield) – Bodyguard, knows one of own wolves, tries to protect Hatfield. Cannot protect same person two times in a row. Can PM 4 times each day and make one broadcast message to all Hatfields of 15 words or less per day. (ELITE HATFIELD)
Old Timer – Seer, knows other of own wolves, tries to find McCoy wolves. (ELITE HATFIELD)
Enforcer 1 – Hatfield wolf, knows patriarch, once he finds other Hatfield wolf can make night kills. Once finds Enforcer 2 they get PM privileges in addition to the two regular PM’s. One enforcer must be specified to make the night kill.
Enforcer 2 – Hatfield wolf, knows seer, once finds other Hatfield wolf can make night kills. Once finds Enforcer 2 they get PM privileges in addition to the two regular PM’s. One enforcer must be specified to make the night kill.
Matriarch – Can search one player at night to find faction only. If Patriarch is killed assumes that duty and abilities instead, plus becomes elite. Knows one random player of Hatfield faction at start.
Johnse – Lover, can search two players at night to find Roseanna. Once Johnse and Roseanna make contact, they can elope for victory conditions once they get permission from the Justice. If Roseanna is dead, Deacon can help him escape for minor victory. (ELITE HATFIELD)
Villager (1-3) – No night actions. Knows one random player of Hatfield faction at start.

McCoy roles (7-9 total):

Patriarch (“Ole Ran’l” McCoy) – Bodyguard, knows one of own wolves, tries to protect McCoy. Cannot protect same person two times in a row. Can PM 4 times each day and make one broadcast message to all McCoys of 15 words or less per day. (ELITE MCCOY)
Old Timer – Seer, knows other of own wolves, tries to find Hatfield wolves. (ELITE MCCOY)
Enforcer 1 – McCoy wolf, knows patriarch, once he finds other McCoy wolf can make night kills. Once finds Enforcer 2 they get PM privileges in addition to the two regular PM’s. One enforcer must be specified to make the night kill.
Enforcer 2 – McCoy wolf, knows seer, once finds other McCoy wolf can make night kills. Once finds Enforcer 1 they get PM privileges in addition to the two regular PM’s. One enforcer must be specified to make the night kill.
Matriarch – Can search one player at night to find faction only. If Patriarch is killed assumes that duty and abilities instead, plus becomes elite. Knows one random player of McCoy faction at start.
Roseanna – Lover, can search two players at night to find Johnse. Once Johnse and Roseanna make contact, they can elope for victory conditions once they get permission from the Justice. If Johnse is dead, Deacon can help her escape for minor victory. (ELITE MCCOY)
Villager (1-3) – No night actions. Knows one random player of McCoy faction at start.

Officials roles (3 total):

Justice of the Peace – Searches for Johnse and Roseanna (2 searches per night). Once they have found each other and both PM him during same day asking to elope he may aid them. Achieves Major victory condition if they elope. Minor victory if helps one escape and survives. Serves as first tiebreaker if his vote is on one of the tied candidates.
Sheriff – Searches for wolves. May switch vote to a found wolf every third day. Major victory if all wolves die. Minor victory to survive. Serves as second tiebreaker if his vote is on one of the tied candidates. Knows Deputy at start.
Deputy – Searches for wolves. If Sheriff dies, assumes his position. Major victory if all wolves die. Minor victory to survive. Serves as third tiebreaker if his vote is on one of the tied candidates. Knows Sheriff at start.

Hatfield/McCoy victory conditions:
Eliminate all of other side for major victory. If all wolves are dead, then minor victory to faction with the most points.

Point totals (valid for lynch votes only):
Vote for member of your faction: -1 per vote
Lynch member of your faction: -2 per vote
Vote for member of rival faction: 1 per vote
Lynch member of rival faction: 2 per vote
Vote for elite member of your faction: -2 per vote
Lynch elite member of your faction: -4 per vote
Vote for elite member of rival faction: 2 per vote
Lynch elite member of rival faction: 4 per vote
Vote for official: -1 per vote
Lynch official: -5 per vote
All officials’ votes count as zero.
Points are not cumulative. For example, voting for and lynching a member of the rival faction will be worth 2 points per vote only.
Total points per side will be revealed each day. For example: McCoy 6 points, Hatfield –2 points.

Additional rules:

Players MAY NOT claim to be a member of the opposite clan. After all, no self-respecting McCoy would claim to be a Hatfield or vice versa under any circumstances.

Elite roles will not be revealed upon death. Instead, it will just be posted that an Elite McCoy or Elite Hatfield was killed.

Officials’ roles will not be revealed upon death. Instead, it will just be posted that an Official was killed.

Enforcers will be identified as McCoy or Hatfield enforcers upon death.

All other roles will merely be identified with the clan belonged to. Example: A Hatfield has been lynched.

Order of night actions:

1) Seer, Justice, Matriarch, Sheriff and Deputy searches/scans.

2) Patriarch protection. If a rival wolf is guarded, the wolf cannot leave quarters that night. If Johnse, Roseanna or the Justice are guarded, eloping or escape (or searches in the case of Johnse & Roseanna) is prevented that night. If protection attempt is on the rival patriarch, then they recognize and learn the others’ identity and are prevented from actions that night. If protection attempt is on Sheriff and/or Deputy, there is a 50% chance they will learn each others identity (two chances, one for the patriarch to learn Sheriff/Deputy, and one for Sheriff/Deputy to learn patriarch).

3)Johnse & Roseanna searches (if allowed based on action 2).

4) Johnse & Roseanna elope/escape (if allowed based on action 2).

5) Enforcer kills. If target is guarded, attempt fails. Neither patriarch or enforcer will be recognized.

Last edited by path12 : 05-04-2007 at 12:29 PM.
path12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:27 PM   #3
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Wow, you're bold with the PM rules, with 21 players and 2 PMs each! In my game with all those night actions my PM box was constantly threatening to overflow, and I didn't have 40 PMs a day!
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:28 PM   #4
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

in
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:31 PM   #5
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Wow, you're bold with the PM rules, with 21 players and 2 PMs each! In my game with all those night actions my PM box was constantly threatening to overflow, and I didn't have 40 PMs a day!

I'm planning to be around a lot, but I may relax the cc'ing if it gets too much. My main goal is to see how this is approached.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:44 PM   #6
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

in
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:04 PM   #7
st.cronin
General Manager

I'll play.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:05 PM   #8
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:23 PM   #9
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'll play.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:04 PM   #10
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Sounds like fun put me in
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:42 PM   #11
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

In.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:38 PM   #12
Barkeep49
Coordinator

In, but with a question.

WHat if I send out to PMs? How will the people who I've sent them to know I can't receive a response? Does a response count against their PM totals?

And FTR, I couldn't imagine running this game on only 70 PMs.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:21 PM   #13
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
In, but with a question.

WHat if I send out to PMs? How will the people who I've sent them to know I can't receive a response? Does a response count against their PM totals?

And FTR, I couldn't imagine running this game on only 70 PMs.

Good question, I don't think that was as clear as it could be.

For the PM's, you can send 2 per day period. What I meant about a response is this: If you answer someone's PM to you, that counts as one of your two for the day. So if you sent out two early, you could not respond to any you might recieve later that day.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:13 AM   #14
MrBug708
Head Coach

I'm unretiring for this. I'll be busy on Tuesday/Wednesday, but not totally....
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 02:43 AM   #15
kingfc22
Head Coach

I think I'll give this one a go. My schedule doesn't look to bad for next week
Old 05-05-2007, 02:28 PM   #16
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

just want to throw it out there early that work looks like there's a lot going on in this coming week, so I likely won't be AS active as I was say...last game.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:46 AM   #17
MrBug708
Head Coach

Hmmm...if this delays much more Im going to have to bow out
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:23 AM   #18
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Hmmm...if this delays much more Im going to have to bow out

I just bumped the notice in the off-topic area so hopefully that will help.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:04 AM   #19
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I figured it was a good time for me to take a game off, but you seem to need more people so I'll play too.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:18 AM   #20
hoopsguy
General Manager

Depending on how far out it gets pushed back I might be able to play. But Thursday - Monday are all days where I'm not likely to be around at all.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:43 AM   #21
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Depending on how far out it gets pushed back I might be able to play. But Thursday - Monday are all days where I'm not likely to be around at all.

We'll see how it goes, I guess. I'm not in a big hurry, but if this ruleset just doesn't seem appealing enough to get a full crew then I'm willing to step aside in favor of the next person on the list and try it another time.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:15 PM   #22
SnDvls
Pro Starter

path- take me off the list
I don't think I'll be able to give the game my full attention it deserves.

if at some point you need a sub drop me a PM I might be able to fill in if things lighten up here at the office.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:27 PM   #23
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

ruleset sounds sweet...plenty of action going on
Old 05-08-2007, 09:15 AM   #24
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I agree that the rules sound promising and think it must be more of a timing issue than anything else.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:06 PM   #25
path12
Coordinator

OK, I'm leaning towards withdrawing this, moving down a few slots on the complex list, and trying it again in a couple months.

Thoughts? Anyone ready after me?
Old 05-09-2007, 03:47 PM   #26
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
OK, I'm leaning towards withdrawing this, moving down a few slots on the complex list, and trying it again in a couple months.

I can run my small game after Lathum's small game ends as well. Not sure if people just need a break from Ww or what, but I can run it next and let you wait a little longer if you want and see if you get more interest. Might just be the timing of things with mothers day weekend coming up.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:34 PM   #27
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I like your concept, but I do sense a weariness right now in WW. I think it's mostly just we have alot of games going and only so many people to play right now. Plus, we have had some taxing games recently. Rome, for instance, got a lot of people tired. Alan's Big City game, while a lot of fun, was another long one. Peregrine's could have been long, but the wolves had bad luck in that one.

I was thinking a series of small games, with a reintroduction of a big game in a couple weeks would be a good idea.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:52 PM   #28
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I agree with CR, people have finals, it's spring, we have had alot of long games. The thing that worries me is it looked like we had some nice new blood coming in and they have all dissapeared.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:25 PM   #29
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I agree with CR, people have finals, it's spring, we have had alot of long games. The thing that worries me is it looked like we had some nice new blood coming in and they have all dissapeared.
These things go in cycles. I think we're just in a low participation cycle which'll pick back up soon. I think this is an interesting game and would like to play in it.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:45 PM   #30
hoopsguy
General Manager

If there is going to be a "re-signup" for this game, I'm interested. My schedule opens up after Monday of next week to where I can play actively again during the day.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:05 PM   #31
path12
Coordinator

So let's pull it for now. We can do some small games instead or have either this or another big game (re)-opened up in a week or so.

Just found out my dad is going to need bypass surgery next week sometime anyway so it would likely be better for me not to run this particular game during that.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:53 PM   #32
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ouch path, sorry about your dad, hope everything goes ok.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:26 PM   #33
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Hope all is ok with your dad. Molly's dad had it 2 years ago and he is doing just fine, I hope the same for your old man.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:20 PM   #34
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
So let's pull it for now. We can do some small games instead or have either this or another big game (re)-opened up in a week or so.

Just found out my dad is going to need bypass surgery next week sometime anyway so it would likely be better for me not to run this particular game during that.

Hey path, sorry I haven't been on the WW board much lately and didn't see this until just now.

Wanted to wish you and your father good thoughts going into the surgery. My father-in-law had one in mid-March and is really beginning to improve quite a bit, but it is a long road to recovery. Hope everything is well for you both.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:34 PM   #35
path12
Coordinator

Thanks all. He's scheduled to go in next Wednesday and it's going to be a quintuple. The doctors seem very confident overall since his general health isn't bad and the heart itself appears strong, so I feel pretty good about that. It's just the first major medical issue with my parents, so that's kind of weird.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:48 PM   #36
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

If this is getting pushed back, I'm probably going to have to withdraw. I have a bunch of stuff going on starting Memorial Day weekend and continuing into early June. If it winds up later than that, then I may be able to play.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 05-15-2007, 12:48 PM   #37
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, and I hope the surgery and recovery goes well.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:53 PM   #38
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Not sure if a new sign up thread will go up but I am also out for Memorial day
Old 05-15-2007, 01:31 PM   #39
path12
Coordinator

I'm not planning to repost the signups until after Memorial Day earliest. We should be jonesing for a big game by then. I hope.