Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-07-2006, 09:55 AM   #1
Barkeep49
Coordinator

A note from your moderator

Over in the simultainous game discussion thread, Thomkal was talking about how if things got out of control I could step in and place some rules. As a middle school teacher, I have no problemms stepping in and creating very firm guidelines, and if that's what the community wants, that's what I'll do.

However, I sense that isn't what the community wants, and frankly it isn't what I think we need right now. One of the best things about WW is how we pretty much regulate ourself and a variety of people are willing to step up to help (for instance Blade with the hosting list, Gram with the list of who's played, king with the history, etc). I don't see this changing.

I also want to be clear when I'm posting as "the moderator" and when I'm just posting as someone who cares. You will notice in my moderator posts (such as this one) a signature that goes something like "~Barkeep, your friendly Werewolf Moderator". I've only used that twice (now three times) and can't imagine needing it much at all.

If you wish to discuss this further, or ever have need of me to do something, please feel free to post here, or PM me. I'm going to leave this stickied for a week before I take it down.

~Barkeep, your friendly WW Mod

Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 11:20 AM   #2
Thomkal
Head Coach

Great already in trouble with the moderator.

As a mod here, I'm honestly not expecting you to have to do much Barkeep. As you say we regulate ourselves pretty well here. I would think it would be appropriate for you as mod to step in and delay or at least discuss delaying the start of the next game if there are games dragging on, so we don't have too many at once. You and/or others might not be comfortable with that. I'm fine with that of course. Just my interpretation of what I see a mod doing in this forum.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 02:52 AM   #3
Overeating
n00b

I sense that isn't what the community wants, and frankly it isn't what I think we need right now. One of the best things about WW is how we pretty much regulate ourself and a variety of people are willing to step up to help (for instance Blade with the hosting list, Gram with the list of who's played, king with the history, etc). I don't see this changing.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:06 AM   #4
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Wtf? Who keeps creating new accounts to troll a dead ww forum? Someone needs to get a life.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 05:24 PM   #5
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Wtf? Who keeps creating new accounts to troll a dead ww forum? Someone needs to get a life.

I think it's fairly funny...
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 06:07 PM   #6
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
I think it's fairly funny...

I'm just getting crabbier as I try to recover.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote