Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: I think we can agree Mustang is the MVP, who did the second best job?
Airhog - Crazy Duke postings were funny, and his voting graphs were helpful 11 35.48%
KevinNU7 - Survived to the end and had some good analysis 2 6.45%
Qwikshot - Threw everyone off as the Cultist, his list was key even after he died! 5 16.13%
Desnudo - Good Bodyguard work and survived despite a lot of suspicion at times 13 41.94%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2005, 08:30 PM   #401
Swaggs
Coordinator

I vote for Airhog
Swaggs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 08:33 PM   #402
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
I don't think Airhog is a wolf.
I don't think Airhog is the seer.

Vote Neuqua

Simply because I don't want to go with the flow.

I think you are right, but considering how much he has distracted everyone from trying to find the real wolves, I think we'd be better off without him anyway.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 08:40 PM   #403
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Watchout Qwikshot, they might turn on you next. Especially when I turn into a wolf after I die! Besides Neuqua wasnt a wolf, although he might have been the cursed one. Someone protected him last night. Dont thank me for it.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 09:34 PM   #404
Airhog
Captain Obvious

T-minus 1:30 and counting. The suspense is killing me... Literally

Old 06-26-2005, 09:52 PM   #405
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog
Watchout Qwikshot, they might turn on you next. Especially when I turn into a wolf after I die! Besides Neuqua wasnt a wolf, although he might have been the cursed one. Someone protected him last night. Dont thank me for it.

I don't believe you are a wolf, unless you are the cursed. They may turn on me next but I know I'm not a wolf, turkey, or real estate salesman.

And Neuqua take heart, I only picked you because no one else has, I know you are safe at least from a lynching.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:01 PM   #406
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Should be time to get some answers soon (hopefully.)
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:10 PM   #407
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Peregrine is online...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:11 PM   #408
Joe
Pro Starter

i don't think everyone voted though, does it matter?
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:14 PM   #409
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
Peregrine is online...

And he's viewing this thread.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:15 PM   #410
Peregrine
Pro Starter

The decision is made early today, and many people busy themselves with food gathering from the garden, though several watch Airhog's drunken antics and poetry during the day. At the end of the day everyone gathers to get ready for the inevitable with Airhog. As people surround him, he stands up and launches into a drunken speech about how he can't be a werewolf, and how he has proof. He reveals his noble medallion and papers that reveal him as the Duke! The mob grudgingly agrees that he is indeed who he says he is, and when Airhog points towards TazFTW, everyone quickly turns towards him. Taz's eyes go wide as he realizes what's going on, and he starts stammering "But I'm...I'm not..." until there is the loud pop of a pistol shot and the stink of gunpowder smoke fills the air. Taz's body collapses near the fireplace, shot in the head. Unfortunately, TazFTW was an innocent villager.

Airhog - 16 (TazFTW, KevinNU7, Eaglesfan27, NoMyths, Lathum, George W Bush, BrianD,Jon, KWhit, condors, Mustang, ntndeacon, Desnudo, McSweeny, Neuqua, Swaggs)

TazFTW - 1 (Airhog)

Neuqua - 1 (Qwikshot)

Night Turn 3

Jon
Swaggs
TazFTW - Lynched on Day 2 (villager)
Airhog - Duke
NoMyths
Qwikshot
Neuqua
ntndeacon
McSweeny
Shorty - Lynched on Day 1 (villager)
Kwhit
Mustang
BrianD
Condors
Eaglesfan
GWB
KevinNU7
Desnudo
Lathum

Send in your night turn actions if you haven't already

Last edited by Peregrine : 06-26-2005 at 10:15 PM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:15 PM   #411
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
I dunno, the deadline is passed
Old 06-26-2005, 10:16 PM   #412
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Well, Im boned

Old 06-26-2005, 10:16 PM   #413
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Innnnnnnteresting.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:18 PM   #414
Joe
Pro Starter

it makes a little more sense now
Old 06-26-2005, 10:19 PM   #415
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Very interesting.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:20 PM   #416
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
it makes a little more sense now

It does? Airhog wanted to get lynched so he could use his Duke powers, but all we gained was a dead villager. Did you really think Taz was a wolf?
Old 06-26-2005, 10:20 PM   #417
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Wow, what a turn of events
Old 06-26-2005, 10:22 PM   #418
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Yes I did. Besides, you should never call out nobility. Although, I now wish I had gone with my second choice, but if I live to see the light of tomorrow, I will set my sights upon a new target.

Old 06-26-2005, 10:23 PM   #419
Barkeep49
Coordinator

To me the only way Airhog's antics made sense, that is an attempt to get lynched, was if he was the Seer and had successfully identified a vampire. But even if that had been true this would be one of the more "interesting" tactics I've seen in a game like this.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:24 PM   #420
weinstein7
High School JV

Look at it from Airhog's point of view.

You know he's not a wolf, so there's no reason to lynch him (except spite).

The wolves know he's not a threat, so there's no reason to eat him.

Selfish, but clever.
weinstein7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:25 PM   #421
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Oops.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:27 PM   #422
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I guess now Airhog is pretty safe for quite a while. Since he is now the same as a regular villager, we aren't going to lynch him....again. The wolves have no reason to eat him because eating a seer, doctor, or bodyguard would serve them better. I think Airhog played us to grant himself safety.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:28 PM   #423
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Now the biggest question left unanwsered is Nequa a werewolf now? Or did the bodyguard prevent him from being eaten?

Old 06-26-2005, 10:29 PM   #424
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
It does? Airhog wanted to get lynched so he could use his Duke powers, but all we gained was a dead villager. Did you really think Taz was a wolf?

I didn't think Taz was a wolf. But like someone else said earlier, maybe being the Duke gave Airhog the stones to act like he did.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:32 PM   #425
Airhog
Captain Obvious

I personally think the wolves will eat me tonight. They can eat me and no-one will know who stood out, since only everyone voted for me. Seems like a safe move to me. Unless like someone posted above, they feel like they should try to eat someone that isnt a villager.

Old 06-26-2005, 10:32 PM   #426
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Now the biggest question left unanwsered is Nequa a werewolf now? Or did the bodyguard prevent him from being eaten?

Why do we think the wolves tried to attack Neuqua?
Old 06-26-2005, 10:35 PM   #427
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Because I called him out and said I was going to eat him. I find the odds way to random that a bodyguard just happened to randomly pick someone, and the wolves randomly picked the same person...

Old 06-26-2005, 10:37 PM   #428
Airhog
Captain Obvious

I think the wolves felt like if they ate nequa everyone would know I was a werewolf and lynch me giving them a free villager lynched. My goal was to then get someone to present himself and I could lynch the wolf. However, I erred in judgement and selected a villager.

Old 06-26-2005, 10:46 PM   #429
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Interesting. Seems a little early to try that game, but I can see the logic behind it. I guess we'll have to see who dies tonight and figure out who to go after tomorrow.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:51 PM   #430
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Well, Im boned

Idiot.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:54 PM   #431
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I think that it would be a poor decision for the wolves to go after Airhog, he's now no longer a threat to anyone (except Taz, poor Taz).

Still, he gave enough away that I felt not the slightest bit interested in voting to lynch him and thus get a retribution lynching. It would be my luck to not get eaten only to die by the rope.

I guess Airhog should've played that he was the duke in a better fashion, enough for the bodyguards to defend him, but not enough that through sheer paranoia everyone would be out to lynch him.

Things will be more interesting come tomorrow, if one of us doesn't make it through the night.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:56 PM   #432
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Well, guess that was the plan all along for Airhog, to get lynched and pull out the Duke card... guess it makes kinda sense now. Guess the Duke thing is like a timeout in the NFL.. can't save them up and if the wolves got him it would have went to waste. (Only can use it on lynchings right?). Still seemed like too risky a chance but, it will be interesting to see how this is used in subsequent games...

On antother note, I think that happened to Desnudo last game where the wolves took him out and everyone was thinking BrianD did it guess the same scenario with Neuqua..
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 11:00 PM   #433
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Who didn't vote?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 06-26-2005, 11:10 PM   #434
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
Who didn't vote?

Nevermind, looks like everyone voted. There were 18 people left with 18 votes..
Old 06-26-2005, 11:10 PM   #435
Swaggs
Coordinator

This game needs to be made into a major motion picture.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:17 PM   #436
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Actually, I think it would be a good choice for the wolves to eat Airhog. We aren't going to lynch him because we know he is a human. Since, he is a free pass on the lynching phase of things that increases the chances that we will stumble upon a wolf with our lynching. However, if they kill him they eliminate our only sure thing and create more confusion thereby increasing their chance for survival.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:18 PM   #437
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
This game needs to be made into a major motion picture.

I think we are all in agreement that it has.. it's called 'The Thing'.

Speaking of motion pictures, would be interesting seeing if there were rules adapted for this game for Star Wars and for Lord of the Rings. For Star Wars, you could have a group of people trying to weed out the Sith and for Lord of the Rings, a few Ringwraiths trying to find the ringbearer . . .

Having said that, I'm going off to play Guild Wars for a bit.. check to see if the night turn is done before I go to bed. Anyone else feel like we are starting over on day one?
Old 06-26-2005, 11:19 PM   #438
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Just a note, I've gotten some complaints about the number of posts by people who are watching the thread but not playing. I don't have a problem with people making an occasional minor post, but it's definitely unfair to have them doing a lot of analysis since they just help the villagers and can't be killed since they're not playing. So keep lurking and chip in with some humor or whatever all you want, but try to keep the actual analysis to a minimum, thanks!
Old 06-26-2005, 11:20 PM   #439
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Nomyths: Still 99% sure that I'm a wolf? I think you were 99% sure I wasn't the wolf since you are either the wolf, or the sorcerer

Old 06-26-2005, 11:24 PM   #440
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Just a note, I've gotten some complaints about the number of posts by people who are watching the thread but not playing. I don't have a problem with people making an occasional minor post, but it's definitely unfair to have them doing a lot of analysis since they just help the villagers and can't be killed since they're not playing. So keep lurking and chip in with some humor or whatever all you want, but try to keep the actual analysis to a minimum, thanks!

Does this include the recently deceased?
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 11:27 PM   #441
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Nomyths: Still 99% sure that I'm a wolf? I think you were 99% sure I wasn't the wolf since you are either the wolf, or the sorcerer
And it begins again.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:28 PM   #442
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Um, with Taz's body still warm on the floor, I'm not so sure that your deductive abilities are the best ones to follow.

I said I was 99% sure after two pages of you posting that you were. Obviously you were lying, and I fell for it. If I were a wolf, I would have known you weren't one and if I were a sorcerer I'd have wanted to target a non-wolf. I was one of the first to take you at your word. Since I'm not the one with the history of lying in this game, I'll not worry to much about your accusation. I can't say I'm not a wolf any clearer than I've already said it.

Last edited by NoMyths : 06-26-2005 at 11:28 PM.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:28 PM   #443
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Does this include the recently deceased?

Yeah. Dead people don't talk
Old 06-26-2005, 11:31 PM   #444
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

And in the interest of rooting out the actual wolves: my gut feeling is that we need to take a closer look at the folks who've been playing quiet games. Obviously being vocal has put me under the microscope...I'm looking more closely at the folks who've been keeping their cards close to the vest.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:43 PM   #445
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I agree, not to mention I figured there would be a kill by now. Maybe one of the wolves isn't around to cast their vote?

Airhog guarenteed himself more time. I am looking forward to see how that strategy plays out.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:49 PM   #446
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Speaking of motion pictures, would be interesting seeing if there were rules adapted for this game for Star Wars and for Lord of the Rings. For Star Wars, you could have a group of people trying to weed out the Sith and for Lord of the Rings, a few Ringwraiths trying to find the ringbearer . . .

Mustang, if you're interested in reading some REALLY long games, here are the BGG threads for the movies you're talking about. The LOTR one already has 1200 posts and it's only Day 4. Star Wars has 1400 but at least it's over

LOTR
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekfor...threadid=68805

Star Wars

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekfor...threadid=65401
Old 06-26-2005, 11:53 PM   #447
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Mustang, if you're interested in reading some REALLY long games, here are the BGG threads for the movies you're talking about. The LOTR one already has 1200 posts and it's only Day 4. Star Wars has 1400 but at least it's over

LOTR
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekfor...threadid=68805

Star Wars

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekfor...threadid=65401
lol, this will give me something to do at work tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:31 AM   #448
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Actually, I think it would be a good choice for the wolves to eat Airhog. We aren't going to lynch him because we know he is a human. Since, he is a free pass on the lynching phase of things that increases the chances that we will stumble upon a wolf with our lynching. However, if they kill him they eliminate our only sure thing and create more confusion thereby increasing their chance for survival.

A problem with this is that the wolves have not been able to eat anyone yet, especially the cursed (that we know of.) Wouldn't they go after someone who at least has a chance of being something other than a common villager like Airhog is now. I know others have said this too, but it seems to make sense to me.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 12:35 AM   #449
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Well basic math would give them a reason to go after airhog. Right now there are 17 of us left and we presumably aren't going to vote to lynch Airhog. Therefore, we have a 1/16 of voting for a werewolf as of this moment. If they eat someone besides Airhog that chance drops down to 1/15 chance of lynching a werewolf. However, if they eat Airhog we will still only have 1/16 chance of getting them. It's not a HUGE difference, but there is a statistical advantage to them going after Airhog. Of course, the bodyguards could protect him in which case it would be a wasted attack. It will be very interesting to see what the Werewolves do.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:41 AM   #450
Swaggs
Coordinator

There haven't been any werewolf attacks yet, right?

It would be funny if Peregrine is just messing with us and didn't put any werewolves into this game.