Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-27-2006, 02:29 PM   #301
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I have suggested to blade that we start a second list for "small game" hosting which he has agreed to add to the "main game" list. He brought up the idea about whether we should limit people about being on both lists and I thought it should be thrown out there for discussion. Do we see the need to limit people to one list?

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 10-27-2006 at 02:30 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 02:30 PM   #302
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
I have an idea for a small 10 player game, it's pretty simple nothing hidden or complicated in it, but it might take as long as a big game.
I agree with Alan that we should give it a go and see what happens with interest.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 10-27-2006 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:35 PM   #303
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I have suggested to blade that we start a second list for "small game" hosting which he has agreed to add to the "main game" list. He brought up the idea about whether we should limit people about being on both lists and I thought it should be thrown out there for discussion. Do we see the need to limit people to one list?

I don't see a reason to limit people to just one list unless it gets pretty full fast.

I know I mainly put time in my main games and mainly want to be on the schedule for those, but I am happy to run a smaller game and have a few of those ready for whenever.. but the smaller game isn't a huge deal to me.

Maybe allow people to be on both lists, but allow priority on the small list to people who aren't on the main list? Or who haven't hosted recently or whatever.

Either way its no big deal to me, I usually like most of the games most people run
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 02:56 PM   #304
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think allowing people to be on both, but automatically bumping those who arent on the main list would be a good solution.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:59 PM   #305
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I agree with Alan that we should give it a go and see what happens with interest.

I guess I'll wait and see if anyone else wants to start a small game first..if no one does I'll put up a sign up this weekend for a Tues or Wed start (leaning towards Wed to give me just a little more time)

there are several people in front of me who might want to run one to be fair
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:06 PM   #306
Barkeep49
Coordinator

SnDvls I think you should go for it.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:18 PM   #307
Blade6119
Coordinator

done and done
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:23 PM   #308
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Cool, thanks Blade!

Can I get added to the end of the game list now? I have a new one I want to get in the list for a few months down the road.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:50 PM   #309
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

*cough*

Just wondering if a small game was going to be put up this week at all.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 12:59 PM   #310
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I hope so. I think SnDvls was afraid to step on someone's toes which is why he didn't post something. Hopefully he'll get something up soon.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:05 PM   #311
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Lathum posted something to see how much interest in a small game there would be with fof2007 out, but I dont think anyone replied.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:08 PM   #312
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think there's interest. Just seems to me that we don't have a system down, yet, like we do for bigger games and so no one quite knows what they're supposed to do. I'll go ahead and add my name to the small game list, though I'd be happy to let anyone else do a game. Just this way after we have what will be, I believe, SnDvl's game, we have some continuity. And if SnDvls doesn't post a game I can post a simple game (no really I can) Monday night.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:15 PM   #313
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Sounds good to me. You can put me on the small game list too, but you can keep me bumped at the bottom. I have a small game ready whenever there isnt anyone else to host. But Its nothing special, so nothing I'm too worried about.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:10 PM   #314
SnDvls
Pro Starter

barkeep go ahead of me.

I'm planing an early b-day party for this weekend and can't give it GM duties this week.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:54 AM   #315
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Looks like Anxiety is up for the next game, I guess next mondayish or so? He was a bit sick, so not sure if he's been checking in the last few days though.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:42 AM   #316
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Go ahead and put me on the list for short game hosting...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:27 PM   #317
spleen1015
Coordinator

Question for you guys...

Has anyone done a game on Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time world? It fits perfectly with the WW theme. I hope one of you guys has intimate knowledge of his WoT series and can put a good game together, if it hasn't been done already.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:36 PM   #318
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Question for you guys...

Has anyone done a game on Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time world? It fits perfectly with the WW theme. I hope one of you guys has intimate knowledge of his WoT series and can put a good game together, if it hasn't been done already.

I am familiar with the series. I haven't picked a theme yet, but I could certainly use this.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:44 PM   #319
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'd love to be put back in the rotation now that I'm doing a game.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:01 AM   #320
Blade6119
Coordinator

done
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:17 AM   #321
SnDvls
Pro Starter

if someone on the simple game side wants to jump ahead of me go ahead I don't want to run mine until the week after thanksgiving.

Last edited by SnDvls : 11-08-2006 at 08:18 AM.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:35 PM   #322
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I was about to ask why sndvls hasn't started a game, and barkeep wants to do one, but Barkeep hasn't even officially ended his last game. I dont think he has been on since the 27th
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:51 AM   #323
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I was about to ask why sndvls hasn't started a game, and barkeep wants to do one, but Barkeep hasn't even officially ended his last game. I dont think he has been on since the 27th

I think you might get a temporary stoppage with the holidays comming up. interest will drop a bit, kinda like it did just before school started for a lot of people.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:03 AM   #324
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think you might get a temporary stoppage with the holidays comming up. interest will drop a bit, kinda like it did just before school started for a lot of people.

Yeah, I actually will be gone this weekend in New York City, next Tues - Thurs in Toronto and the 17th - 28th in San Francisco myself. I know my playtime will be dropping tremendously and likely limited to when I can be in the hotel room after work to check in.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:08 AM   #325
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Yeah, I actually will be gone this weekend in New York City, next Tues - Thurs in Toronto and the 17th - 28th in San Francisco myself. I know my playtime will be dropping tremendously and likely limited to when I can be in the hotel room after work to check in.

if / when Barkeep ends his game (I know it seems it's ended, but not officially) then realalistically a new game won't start until Tues/Wed at the earliest. It would have to end in a week before Thanksgiving to keep people there and not have to replace people or go on a break. It only makes sense to take a break unless someone wants to have a gap in their game.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:09 AM   #326
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - plus it gives us all a needed break too, which everyone says they need.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:34 AM   #327
hoopsguy
General Manager

But I'm taking my break now! Darn it ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 11:36 AM   #328
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

yah, i am going home to houston for the week of thanksgiving, so as soon as LOTR is over i guess it would be a good idea to start a break until the monday after thanksgiving... Ill feed my addiction else where
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:06 PM   #329
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I am glad you guys have already been talking about this. I am up as the GM for the next big game, and if things were to progress like normal, I would be scheduled to start my game the week of Thanksgiving. That just seems like awful timing, and I was going to ask for a week's reprieve and start after the holiday weekend.

Perhaps we could run a small game that week for those who will be around.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:27 PM   #330
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I am glad you guys have already been talking about this. I am up as the GM for the next big game, and if things were to progress like normal, I would be scheduled to start my game the week of Thanksgiving. That just seems like awful timing, and I was going to ask for a week's reprieve and start after the holiday weekend.

Perhaps we could run a small game that week for those who will be around.

I'm next up in the small game rotation. unless someone wants to do one now or next week then I won't be doing a small game until after the holiday too.

if a big game starts the monday after thanksgiving then I would not start mine until a week later from that starting point.

again if someone else wants to run a small game next week go ahead and do it.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:41 PM   #331
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I think someone should run a small game starting next Monday at the latest. That should be plenty of time before the holiday and still get some people to play.

Unless I am forced to in some way by being next on the list, I won't start my game until after Thanksgiving weekend. I am pretty sure the holiday will kill any attempt at a good game.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:03 AM   #332
saldana
Pro Starter

if people on the small game list dont mind me cutting the line, i could start one on monday
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:06 AM   #333
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
if people on the small game list dont mind me cutting the line, i could start one on monday

Dont mind you cutting in front of me. I'll likely be gone for a few weeks.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:58 PM   #334
saldana
Pro Starter

ok, with sndvls and alan saying they dont mind, and i talked to lathum on the phone and he doesnt either, i am gonna post for a small game starting monday.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:50 PM   #335
saldana
Pro Starter

I Cancelled the small game i had posted signups for for lack of interest....hopefully it was because of the holiday, or too many guys still in the LOTR game, and not because no one wanted to play a game from me.

can i be added to the small game list...i will revive the Dune game when it is my turn in the order.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:07 PM   #336
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think saldana should keep his spot. The LOTR is still large and so I think that accounts for it. It could also be that we simply don't have enough players to support two games.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:47 PM   #337
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Sorry Sal, I would play but I am traveling a bunch the next 2 weeks. I probably wont be able to be in any WW game for a few weeks after the LotR game.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:03 AM   #338
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think saldana should keep his spot. The LOTR is still large and so I think that accounts for it. It could also be that we simply don't have enough players to support two games.

well I plan on doing one after the holiday and probally a week after CR's game starts to pick up players that have been killed off and those that weren't in his game. he was able to jump us because we were worried about the upcoming holiday, as it seems that is probally the cause for such low numbers anyhow.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:35 PM   #339
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
well I plan on doing one after the holiday and probally a week after CR's game starts to pick up players that have been killed off and those that weren't in his game. he was able to jump us because we were worried about the upcoming holiday, as it seems that is probally the cause for such low numbers anyhow.

sndvls, i definitely want you to run your game next after the holiday is over...i will wait my turn...the only reason i was able to cut was because i actually DID get permission from every person behind me in line...i think its only right for me to go to the back
Old 11-16-2006, 01:06 AM   #340
Izulde
Head Coach

I'd like to be put in for a Complex Game GM sign-up if possible. Ideally I'd like to do it in January, as I'm busy from now until the end of the year.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:03 AM   #341
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I'd like to be put in for a Complex Game GM sign-up if possible. Ideally I'd like to do it in January, as I'm busy from now until the end of the year.
How about February? There is almost no chance that you'd get up before before the end of the year.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:44 AM   #342
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
How about February? There is almost no chance that you'd get up before before the end of the year.

Either January or February is fine

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 11:34 AM   #343
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'll sign up for a simple game. I've always wanted to run one of these...
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 02:54 PM   #344
path12
Coordinator

I'll take the spot after Izulde for the complex list once Chief's game starts. I'll sign up to run a small game also.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:09 PM   #345
Blade6119
Coordinator

updated, my standard PM sent to grammat
Demotivation
Old 11-28-2006, 11:15 PM   #346
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Thanks for the reminder
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 04:31 PM   #347
Barkeep49
Coordinator

SnDvls are we looking at a Monday start for the next small game?
Old 12-02-2006, 11:25 AM   #348
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
SnDvls are we looking at a Monday start for the next small game?

i was wondering the same thing. I have a game ready in sndvls and alan are tied up.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:06 PM   #349
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I'll put up signups on Monday to start Wed.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:07 PM   #350
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I'll put up signups on Monday to start Wed.

cool