Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-12-2007, 05:07 PM   #101
molson
General Manager

There's only one bad player here that I'm aware of. (It's me)
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:18 PM   #102
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
There's only one bad player here that I'm aware of. (It's me)

An All Blooded American Checking In, no molson you are not alone trust me.
Im the worse ive seen

Last edited by ImTheCrew : 03-12-2007 at 05:18 PM. Reason: opps didnt mean to edit
ImTheCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:21 PM   #103
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
Vote Saldana

Didn't want to let this vote go unnoticed.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:21 PM   #104
st.cronin
General Manager

ImTheCrew, editing posts is not allowed in werewolf.

knives out
Old 03-12-2007, 05:36 PM   #105
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

i know cronin i hit the button accidently sorry
Old 03-12-2007, 05:38 PM   #106
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

using Random.org for day 1 vote

VOTE NTN
Old 03-12-2007, 05:38 PM   #107
saldana
Pro Starter

wow...i havent even checked in yet (jack armstrong, all american boy checking in, btw) and i have gotten 2 votes and started a fight.

my first thought would have been to vote for narcizo, since he was the first person to cast a second vote, but bulletsponge's little vote and run thing pretty much locks me in place to

vote bulletsponge
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:40 PM   #108
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I know I am sitting this one out but.... Dont you say this about once a game? You over react a lot. You might be too high strung for Werewolf. You should play more while intoxicated so you can be more relaxed... I think that is how NTN got to be such a good wolf. He plays drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Oh my god alan, this really fucking pissed me off. Thanks for making this game my last; I knew I was a bad player but damn, you don't have to rub in it.

unvote saldana
vote dogerchick

It's so weird, there are people I despise when I play this game but love 'em outside of werewolf.

I'm done with this game I knew I shouldn't have come back.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:42 PM   #109
path12
Coordinator

I like playing with DC. I think she's a better player than she thinks she is.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:44 PM   #110
saldana
Pro Starter

and fwiw dodgerchick, assuming you come back and read this, i would be willing to wager anything you want that alan meant 'bad' as in 'wolf', not 'bad' as in 'not a good ww player'

its an argument we often have on day ones, that there are certain people that you dont vote for because their upside can be so much. I for one will never vote for blade, barkeep, hoops, or lathum on day one, and there is a long list of others that i would only if there were a really good case against them. i am apparently on alan's list, which is all he was saying
Old 03-12-2007, 05:50 PM   #111
st.cronin
General Manager

This is what I have:

Ntndeacon 4 -- MollyMurphy (55), Narcizo (68), st.cronin (92), ITC (106)
St.Cronin 2 -- Ardent (65), Molson (80)
Dodgerchick 1 -- Dodgerchick (94)
Narcizo 1 -- path12 (93)
Chief Rum 1 -- Ntndeacon (57)
Dodgerchick 1 -- AlanT (70)
Saldana 1 -- bulletsponge (100)
bulletsponge 1 -- saldana (107)

no votes: Chief Rum, Beargrowlz, DaddyTorgo

I also agree that Alan was accusing DC of being a wolf, not a poor player. I think DC is a fine player.

knives out
Old 03-12-2007, 05:51 PM   #112
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
This is what I have:

Ntndeacon 4 -- MollyMurphy (55), Narcizo (68), st.cronin (92), ITC (106)
Dodgerchick 1 -- Dodgerchick (94)
Narcizo 1 -- path12 (93)
Dodgerchick 1 -- AlanT (70)

What are the numbers in parenthesis?

[email protected]
TCY Golden Scribe Winner - Bear Goes Home

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."
--Thomas B. Macaulay
beargrowlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:51 PM   #113
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm not happy about voting for ntn, but being second I can't really afford to vote for anybody else. Bulletsponge and ITC's votes jump out at me as highly questionable. Those two have really pinged my radar.

knives out
Old 03-12-2007, 05:53 PM   #114
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by beargrowlz View Post
What are the numbers in parenthesis?

That's the post # where the player cast the vote.

knives out
Old 03-12-2007, 05:53 PM   #115
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Ahh, thanks.

[email protected]

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."
--Thomas B. Macaulay
Old 03-12-2007, 05:56 PM   #116
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

Quote:
I'm not happy about voting for ntn, but being second I can't really afford to vote for anybody else. Bulletsponge and ITC's votes jump out at me as highly questionable. Those two have really pinged my radar.
lol no matter who i vote for it is supisucious so i used random.org this time and it still is, wow!
Old 03-12-2007, 05:56 PM   #117
path12
Coordinator

You've got DC listed twice with one vote.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:57 PM   #118
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheCrew View Post
lol no matter who i vote for it is supisucious so i used random.org this time and it still is, wow!

Ain't werewolf great?
Old 03-12-2007, 06:00 PM   #119
path12
Coordinator

Have a meeting and then commute, out until after deadline. God Bless America!
Old 03-12-2007, 06:04 PM   #120
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post

its an argument we often have on day ones, that there are certain people that you dont vote for because their upside can be so much. I for one will never vote for blade, barkeep, hoops, or lathum on day one, and there is a long list of others that i would only if there were a really good case against them. i am apparently on alan's list, which is all he was saying

This makes perfect sense, but the one thing that annoyed me in my previous WW game was how much player reputation and what happened in prior games came into the discussions. I guess that kind of wrinkle can be interesting once you've been around the block, but it would be a purer kind of game if everyone had an annonymous, maybe using an alisas. It'd be interesting to try once (though I'm sure some people would still stand out).
Old 03-12-2007, 06:20 PM   #121
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Oh my god alan, this really fucking pissed me off. Thanks for making this game my last; I knew I was a bad player but damn, you don't have to rub in it.

unvote saldana
vote dogerchick

It's so weird, there are people I despise when I play this game but love 'em outside of werewolf.

I'm done with this game I knew I shouldn't have come back.

DC, Sorry if I wasn't very clear, I was in a rush in typing earlier. I definitly did mean bad as in evil, not bad as in poor. I try to never personally insult people in these games, and by no means meant to here. I apologize if you felt that way as I do enjoy playing with you.

I simply meant your move meant bad (wolfish). sorry if it hurt your feelings, that was not my intent.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:30 PM   #122
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
This makes perfect sense, but the one thing that annoyed me in my previous WW game was how much player reputation and what happened in prior games came into the discussions. I guess that kind of wrinkle can be interesting once you've been around the block, but it would be a purer kind of game if everyone had an annonymous, maybe using an alisas. It'd be interesting to try once (though I'm sure some people would still stand out).

we have had that discussion before, and it is pretty much unavoidable when you have played in as many games as some people have. there is a converse though...there are some people that will always vote for me...dubb and i have screwed each other so many times that we vote for each other pretty much exclusively on day one

the anonymous game would be a very fun game that i may pursue further, unless you claim rights to it.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:48 PM   #123
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheCrew View Post

There are some circumstances where a random vote is ok. When there are two players with multiple votes, that's not one of them. Especially when your vote lands on one of those players.

I don't know what to think about ntn, though, its kind of an unusual bandwagon.

knives out
Old 03-12-2007, 06:48 PM   #124
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Hrrm, probably over-analyzing this, but in assuming the KGB agents can talk to each other via PM, I think it would make sense for them to combine their efforts and remove a true CIA agent through vioting, making their work easier at night.

So assuming that, I'm leery of MollyMurphy, Narcizo, ITC and St. Cronin, all for going after NTN. However, NTN did make the jingoistic, over the top commie hunting statement to start the game off - which would be rather KGBish IMHO.

I buy St. Cronin's argument for why he's voting for NTN, he's in second and if he doesn't get someone else arrested he's going to the gallows. MollyMurphy listed no reason, which piques my curiosity. ITC's use of random.org, while I suppose is possible, doesn't seem very likely to me. Still, it's possible.

As for Narcizo, it's possible that he was just casting a second vote to stir discussion, but it is just as likely that he was doing so in concert with other KGBers in order to eliminate a true CIA agent in NTN.

So again, like I said, I am probably over-analyzing this, but to me it comes down to whether I think there are agents acting in concert with each other, or whether NTN was trying to appear extra-patriotic in an attempt to remove suspicion from himself.

I've kind of eliminated St. Cronin from earning my vote because I buy his reason for voting for NTN.

Anyone know for sure if KGB agents can Pm each other prior to votes? The WW standard rules say they can but this game doesn't seem to indicate one way or the other.

[email protected]

--Thomas B. Macaulay
Old 03-12-2007, 06:51 PM   #125
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Anyone know for sure if KGB agents can Pm each other prior to votes? The WW standard rules say they can but this game doesn't seem to indicate one way or the other.

There have been a few games where they couldn't, or had limited ability, but its the exception rather than the rule.

Anything to add, Lathum?

knives out
Old 03-12-2007, 06:54 PM   #126
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The KGB agents have full PM privledges
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:12 PM   #127
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Well, following my train of thought to its logical conclusion, given that the KGB agents can PM each other and orchestrate a first day vote to remove a true CIA agent, I feel compelled to vote for either MollyMurphy, ITC, Marcizo or St. Cronin -- despite the fact that NTN is seemingly a good choice for removal due to his over the top "lets kill all the commies" statement to start the game.

Interestingly enough though, none of the people who voted for him listed that as a reason.

Well, I have to vote for someone and I'd prefer to make a vote based on reason rather than a guess.

I'll rule out St.Cronin because I bought his reason for voting for NTN. Voting for ITC, MollyMurphy or Narcizo at this point will accomplish nothing, as no one else has voted for them.

That basically leaves NTN.

At this point I think all four of them are as equally likely to be KGB based on the information in their posts (or lack thereof).

Given that there is only one of them that a vote by me can actually remove, and because I think his post at the start of the game was a ploy, I'll be voting NTNdeacon.

I'm not real comfortable with that decision, but given how everyone else has voted and the real possibility NTN is KGB, that's the only rational choice I have atm.

Vote ntndeacon

[email protected]

--Thomas B. Macaulay
Old 03-12-2007, 07:18 PM   #128
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

So.. I've had a long day.. but let me make sure I get this right.. Molly, ITC, Narcizo and St.Cronin are all suspicious for voting NTN..

So your vote will be Ntn.

I think there is a space/time flux with your reasoning and your vote. Either your reasons for voting Ntn make sense and likewise others voting him would make sense to you.. or your voting for one of them for voting him makes sense.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:23 PM   #129
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
So.. I've had a long day.. but let me make sure I get this right.. Molly, ITC, Narcizo and St.Cronin are all suspicious for voting NTN..

FWIW, it actually made sense to me.

knives out
Old 03-12-2007, 07:25 PM   #130
molson
General Manager

The only truly reasoned voted on day one are cast by spies, right? The closer the vote, the better.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:26 PM   #131
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Quote:

I think there is a space/time flux with your reasoning and your vote. Either your reasons for voting Ntn make sense and likewise others voting him would make sense to you.. or your voting for one of them for voting him makes sense.

Yeah. They're not mutually exclusive though.

I think there are good reasons to vote for NTN - his post earlier with the kill all the commies thing.

But I also think it'd be good strategy for all the KGB agents to gang up and take out a CIA operative on the first night, and they have the PM ability to do so - so anyone (myself included now) who voted for NTN would be suspect.

Given my reasoning, that would make 6 people suspect if I voted for NTN (Cronin, Molly, ITC, NTN, Narcizo and me). I;m certainly not going to vote to execute myself, and I buy cronin's reasoning for voting for NTN.

That leaves four. As three of them have no votes and 1 of them has 4 votes, and my vote would lead to his execution if I vote for him and my vote would be wasted by voting for the other three, that was the deciding factor.

Of course, i could be completely wrong.

[email protected]

--Thomas B. Macaulay
Old 03-12-2007, 07:31 PM   #132
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Quote:
The only truly reasoned voted on day one are cast by spies, right? The closer the vote, the better.

Well, I'm new, and as I said, I may be overanalyzing it. But I assumed most people were reading each other's posts trying to cull some reason to vote one way or the other from them.

It may very well be most first day votes are random. I'd hate to think so, but I certainly don't have the experiential knowldge of the game to argue with it.

Cheers.

[email protected]

--Thomas B. Macaulay
Old 03-12-2007, 07:31 PM   #133
molson
General Manager

Quote:
But I also think it'd be good strategy for all the KGB agents to gang up and take out a CIA operative on the first night, and they have the PM ability to do so - so anyone (myself included now) who voted for NTN would be suspect.

It would be a good strategy for spies to orchestrate a landslide vote on day 1 from which we learn nothing (or at least stand by and allow one to develop). Why would you want to help with that?

Giving someone a first vote isn't necessarily useless - people can and do change their votes quickly as we get to the deadline.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:32 PM   #134
st.cronin
General Manager

bg, fwiw, there have been plenty of times where there was all sorts of chaos at the deadline, and what looked like a pointless vote (which you're afraid of making by voting for somebody like ITC or MB) suddenly became crucial. Going against my self interest here, but I would encourage you to vote for who you think is bad, rather than worry about "wasting" your vote.

knives out
Old 03-12-2007, 07:33 PM   #135
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Cronin, fwiw, the only reason I went with you (after barkeep) is I haven't got my hat yet.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:36 PM   #136
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah. They're not mutually exclusive though.

I think there are good reasons to vote for NTN - his post earlier with the kill all the commies thing.

Given my reasoning, that would make 6 people suspect if I voted for NTN (Cronin, Molly, ITC, NTN, Narcizo and me). I;m certainly not going to vote to execute myself, and I buy cronin's reasoning for voting for NTN.

That leaves four. As three of them have no votes and 1 of them has 4 votes, and my vote would lead to his execution if I vote for him and my vote would be wasted by voting for the other three, that was the deciding factor.

Of course, i could be completely wrong.

Well whatever its worth.. I usually find that more often than not I'm wrong on the first day.. Also the odds are in a random pick more likely you will get a good guy than a bad guy due to sheer numbers of good guys. So in a situation where alot of people pile on one person in what supposedly are random votes or votes based on very little insight due to not much information being out there are 4/5 of the time a poor vote.

Now lets say everyone gangs up on 2 different people. You still are less likely to hit a bad guy than good.. but now your odds are a bit better to hit a bad guy in one of the two people. Perhaps not the one you voted out, but maybe one of them. It could be useful down the road knowing who saved who is just out of sheer luck one of them turn out bad.

Or option #3 that usually is a good option is to just vote Lathum on day 1. Unfortunatly that does not apply here.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:41 PM   #137
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Or option #3 that usually is a good option is to just vote Lathum on day 1. Unfortunatly that does not apply here.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:44 PM   #138
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Ntndeacon 5 -- MollyMurphy (55), Narcizo (68), st.cronin (92), ITC (106) Beargrowlz (127)
Dodgerchick 2 -- Dodgerchick (94), AlanT (70)
Narcizo 1 -- path12 (93)

no votes: Chief Rum, DaddyTorgo

can someone double check and confirm these totals.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:44 PM   #139
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Woah, DC voted for herself?
Old 03-12-2007, 07:44 PM   #140
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Quote:
bg, fwiw, there have been plenty of times where there was all sorts of chaos at the deadline, and what looked like a pointless vote (which you're afraid of making by voting for somebody like ITC or MB) suddenly became crucial. Going against my self interest here, but I would encourage you to vote for who you think is bad, rather than worry about "wasting" your vote.

Well, that makes sense.

If i do that, and disregard whether my vote will "count" or not, that cuts it down to Molly, ITC or Narcizo or St. cronin.

Cronin encouraging me to change my vote which could cause me to vote for him further amplifies my feeling that he's not KGB - either that or it's a very calculated and brilliant ploy to make me believe that he's clean. In any case, I buy his explanation. So that rules him out.

I'm not very comfortable with Narcizo's explanation nor ITC's, but I'm extremely uncomfortable with Molly's - which was non-existent.

She doesn't have any votes, but that's how I'll go then.

unvote ntndeacon
vote mollymurphy

[email protected]

--Thomas B. Macaulay
Old 03-12-2007, 07:46 PM   #141
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

Coming out and pointing the finger at me so ill change my vote

UNVOTE NTN
VOTE ST CRONIN
Old 03-12-2007, 07:47 PM   #142
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Woah, DC voted for herself?

She had an ardent enthusiast moment.

knives out
Old 03-12-2007, 07:48 PM   #143
st.cronin
General Manager

Wow, just like that we're tied again, 3 each for me and ntn.

When will I learn to keep my mouth shut?

knives out
Old 03-12-2007, 07:49 PM   #144
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Ntndeacon 3 -- MollyMurphy (55), Narcizo (68), st.cronin (92),
St.Cronin 3 -- Ardent (65), Molson (80),ITC (141)
MollyMurphy 1--Beargrowlz (140)
Dodgerchick 2 -- Dodgerchick (94), AlanT (70)
Narcizo 1 -- path12 (93)

no votes: Chief Rum, DaddyTorgo

can someone double check and confirm these totals.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:49 PM   #145
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sigh.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:50 PM   #146
st.cronin
General Manager

That's what I have, Lathum.

knives out
Old 03-12-2007, 07:51 PM   #147
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

10 minutes
Old 03-12-2007, 07:52 PM   #148
molson
General Manager

So what's the standard tiebreaking procedure?
Old 03-12-2007, 07:52 PM   #149
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

What happens in a tie?

[email protected]

--Thomas B. Macaulay
Old 03-12-2007, 07:54 PM   #150
st.cronin
General Manager

Who knows, it used to oldest continuosly held vote, but that hasn't been the rule in some time.

knives out