Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-01-2007, 10:38 PM   #851
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
And did iron try to kill one of the gays on night one? How else did you get to talk with him?

He went to kill LSG on Night 1, so he joined Club Gay that evening and came into the PM conversation. They converted me the next night.

So the Gays had a really, really strong run of events the first two nights. I thought we were going to be almost untouchable with me able to take people off the list every night and asked Anxiety if his rule set was broken at one point.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:40 PM   #852
Ironhead
College Prospect

Thanks everyone, it was a blast playing. There was no kill on Night 1 because I targeted LoneStarGirl and she ended up being one of Them Gays, so I joined up with them that night.

Blade - I came to the conclusion the night before I killed Tyrith that ITC was bluffing his ability in some fashion. The last day or so was getting pretty suspenseful because I wasn't sure if there was still a bodyguard out there. I figured if anyone was the bodyguard it must have been ITC and I figured he wouldn't think to guard himself so he became the target for tonight.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:42 PM   #853
st.cronin
General Manager

I don't think it would have mattered but I was disappointed that nobody prosecuted DT's strategy of getting every player on the liberal list. It seemed to me obviously the right strategy early on.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:45 PM   #854
Blade6119
Coordinator

I think the rules are a bit off in my opinion...but i still dont know why ITC saw ironhead sleeping, which he wasnt. That was a major blow to our side...and i think the whole 1 lynch vote overides the other votes was also messed up.

At the same time, 2 of our 3 seers, in my opinion, mismanaged their roles fairly badly(chief missing scans, ITC rescanning tyrith and apparently not knowing ironhead was out killing, not sleeping). And if we had a BG, i didnt hear from him.

So i think it was part poor play by good(me included) and part a tad unfair rules.

I will say this to ironhead, for future games. Your vote on NTN, when you said you were just going to follow the groups wishes or whatever it was, screamed wolf before and especially after the lynch. The ITC clearing, which we now know was totally wrong, offset it, but you may want to try to avoid such comments in the future.

I think lathum buying the free day against our wishes won it, as tomorrow would have been hoops' death and then after that we would have likely turned on ironhead. So we were heading down the right path, just a day late to make a difference.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:48 PM   #855
Blade6119
Coordinator

And not to be critical of anxiety, im sorry if i was there. Thank you for running an entertaining game and i appreciate it dearly. Thanks buddy!
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:51 PM   #856
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dammit. Bummed to see that we couldn't pull it out guys.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:55 PM   #857
Ironhead
College Prospect

I agree my last vote was a little obvious. Even if no one else voted with me I was still going to stone ntn and take the chances with the night kill. I felt either we needed to win it tonight or things would get really messy and we would probably lose. I will keep the tip in mind though.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:03 PM   #858
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Interesting game, Anxiety. Although we lost, I enjoyed playing a lot.

As for mismanaging scans, well, there was nothing I could do about Night 0. PM roles went out and the Night 0 was over before I got home from work. So there was nothing for me to mismanage there. Just bad luck.

Night One I should have seen that Anxiety would continue to do quick night phases, though. If I had, I would have sent in a conditional order on Day One, so we had a scan that night. I unfortunately assumed it would be a standard 6 a.m./6 p.m. (PDT) turnaround and that I could get my night action in when I came home from work late at night. Anxiety was running his night phases, though at 11 p.m. my time, at least an hour and a half before I could get home. I sent in conditionals every day after that.

I think we were hurt a bit by Blade's outward play. The combo of his role and his usual mystery in his play led us as seers to concentrate on him too much, and he should have been a little more forward about his role from the getgo,. IMO. Really, his role did us no godo at all, and he should have seen it only would lead us to confusaion. If he had sacrificed hismelf early, we might have had a better chance. Or at least played a quieter game (although given past history, I am sure we would have found that very suspicious).
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:18 PM   #859
Blade6119
Coordinator

Im still wondering how ITC saw ironhead sleeping through the night when ironhead was really out butchering people.

I also wouldnt mind seeing a full list of roles
Demotivation
Old 04-01-2007, 11:56 PM   #860
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And not to be critical of anxiety, im sorry if i was there. Thank you for running an entertaining game and i appreciate it dearly. Thanks buddy!

A good GM is open to criticism. And a good GM is willing to admit mistakes.

I am not a good GM yet, but I hope to be.

I felt my small game was better than this one, this was better than my Magic one, and my LOTR one was a hit outta the park. Don't know if I'll ever equal that one.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:59 PM   #861
Tyrith
College Starter

Personally, I think it was a highly interesting theme, and well run from a story side. The concept of having only an ally killer is interesting, but seems like it could have introduced a lot of variance into the game. As it stands, though, we had to face 4 bad guys against 10 good guys total and we never really had a chance, especially seeing that one was a convert and was thus missed in a scan. Overall I really like a lot of the ideas, but the numbers we just...weird. Would liked to have seen it as the 20 man game you originally intended it as, Abe.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:06 AM   #862
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wait...then how did ITC see ironhead sleep through the night if he was the one killing?

This is what my pm said to ITC on teh night in question:

"BG Ironhead. You find Ironhead’s house near the center of town. You sit down on a porch inside the shadow on another house with a good outlook over his house. You wait all night but see nothing at all. "

No, you see him in his house or anything like that, no you see him lying in bed, etc, but merely you watch his house and see nothing.

Now, on the night that Tyrith scans ITC AND ITC is guarding Tyrith, they find each other:

Protect Tyrith. You follow Tyrith to his house. You again take your place on the hillock and observe. No one can approach the house without passing under your vision.

Later that night, Tyrith himself leaves the house, sees you, and sits down to talk. About ten minutes pass while you chat, and he heads back to bed. Nothing else happens all night long

Investigate I’mtheCrew. You head back to your house as evening closes. You say your prayers, and then head out, intent to finding ITC.

You exit your house and allow your eyes to adjust the light. You turn to see what phase the moon is in when you see someone sitting on a hill that overlooks your house. Curious, you head up there and see ITC sitting there, calm.

You sit down with him and talk for around ten minutes. Unlike previous night, you have no need to break into his place or observe him from afar. His open demeanor is obvious. He is a member of the Fightin’ Fundies.

One important thing about ITC's role was that he would stop anybody who tried, for any reason, to appraoch his target. It never said that he would observe targets as a pseudo-witness role or stop them from interacting with other:

Brother Roger Shepherd, Groundskeeper: You are the groundskeeper of the church. Because you are the strongest member of the congregation, you have taken it upon yourself to act as a Guardian of the Right at night time. During each Night Action, you may submit a name to me for you to protect. If anyone, for any reason, tries to approach that person, whether for good or ill, you will stop them. You will know who that person is, and they will know you, but you will not know their purpose. You are married to Elizabeth Shepherd and father of Elijah Shepherd.

Now, in retrospect, I could have been more explicit I beleive.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:07 AM   #863
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

One of hte roles I cut out was a person who had a Jewish name and was a secret Jew. If anyone called the person a Jew or asked about it, that person would have been placed on a newly discovered Jew List and had to be voted to stone before you could vote to stone any liberals.

Old 04-02-2007, 06:02 AM   #864
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm not sure the Ironhead sleeping thing impacted the game outcome. He would have voted to stone NTN and that would have achieved the same result. It then would have come down to ITC guarding the right person knowing who evil was, as opposed to not knowing who he was playing against.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:58 AM   #865
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Thanks for runninh the game Anxiety. I had fun stalling everyone and basicly being a wolf out in the open.

The only critisizem I have is CR's role with the ability to put someone on the liberal list overnight. There really weren't alot of people on the liberal list so if you were the one person on it you were guarenteed dead. I thought that basicly gave CR killing power.

I'm bummed we never got the chance to Duke me. It would have bought me another day and created alot of interesting discussion. I would have been curious is I would have been able to turn things on Tyrith.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:00 AM   #866
Tyrith
College Starter

Oh, yeah, and a duke getting converted keeping the duke power is really pretty broken, IMO.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:19 AM   #867
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

sorry guys i assumed my role would tell me if the person i protected left the house and like hoops said regardless inless i guarded the right person it was over anyways ( and i dont think i cant protect myself)
ImTheCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:21 AM   #868
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

Thansk for the game anxiety it was fun
ImTheCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:42 AM   #869
Blade6119
Coordinator

EDIT: moot point
Demotivation

Last edited by Blade6119 : 04-02-2007 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:17 AM   #870
path12
Coordinator

Thanks for running the game Abe, I enjoyed it even though I was sorry for not being around more in the evenings for discussion. And congrats to evil for a well-played game.

So why was I night killed? I figured I was going to be getting some daytime scrutiny soon and was surprised to be a night victim......
Old 04-02-2007, 10:56 AM   #871
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I enjoyed the game a lot Anxiety.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:28 PM   #872
hoopsguy
General Manager

Path, on topic of night kill here are my thoughts (Ironhead may have others). We basically wanted to avoid people who were likely to have a bodyguard near them. We knew at that point we couldn't get Blade. At that point I believe the options were you, Chief, NTN, and ImTheCrew. We felt like there was a reasonable chance that Crew would be guarded since the seer had mentioned him as cleared. So it was basically picking where the bodyguard would not be. Plus you tend to be a tough out late in games, so I know I endorsed you as the choice at that point.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:17 PM   #873
Ironhead
College Prospect

That about sums it up. As the game got closer to the end the night kills became more about getting a sure kill and less about removing someone who might draw suspicion. We probably would have taken a different strategy if 1) a day lynch didn't require 2 days and 2) hoopsguy had not been cleared by the seer.