Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-27-2007, 06:00 PM   #201
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm OK with the "late votes" idea, except that none of the votes were cast particularly late. Cronin was 50 minutes before the deadline. I do think it makes sense to look for data points, even if there doesn't appear to be much flow in this game so far.

Blade, it wouldn't be an early day of werewolf if you weren't giving me the double and triple take looks Like usual, I'm a good guy and you are potentially seeing something that isn't there, but if we are both around long enough I'm sure we'll sort that out.

Hoops...you always claim im always after you...i havent voted for you early in like 10 games. I actually go out of my way not to vote for you early, for much of the same reason you talked about with me regarding your strat when evil.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:14 PM   #202
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I still have no idea who to vote for and we have less than two hours left. anybody with a vote count?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:20 PM   #203
st.cronin
General Manager

2 - Chief Rum - path12 (185), Tyrith (198)
1 - st.cronin - Chief Rum (179)
1 - bulletsponge - ntndeacon (182)
1 - Blade - st.cronin (183)
1 - DaddyTorgo - bulletsponge (199)

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:21 PM   #204
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Tyrith, any reason for being the second vote on Chief Rum?
Old 03-27-2007, 06:24 PM   #205
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

okay, well if there is anything i learned in the past couple of days is that NTN is a hell of a bad guy. so my initial vote goes to him

vote ntndeacon

But if i am on in the next two hours and can prevent a tie, I will do so.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:34 PM   #206
Tyrith
College Starter

LSG, the sake of getting a second vote and not getting involved in blade/cronin.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:44 PM   #207
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Hoops...you always claim im always after you...i havent voted for you early in like 10 games. I actually go out of my way not to vote for you early, for much of the same reason you talked about with me regarding your strat when evil.

I recognize that you don't cast early votes on me often, but I'm sure if I went back looking at games that I'll find a number of "I suspect Hoopsguy" posts based on overly elaborate conspiracy theories. Which normally are not true ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:47 PM   #208
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I recognize that you don't cast early votes on me often, but I'm sure if I went back looking at games that I'll find a number of "I suspect Hoopsguy" posts based on overly elaborate conspiracy theories. Which normally are not true ...

I wouldn't say you're unique in that regard.

knives out
Old 03-27-2007, 06:49 PM   #209
hoopsguy
General Manager

Probably not, Cronin.

So, with a little more than an hour left before the deadline I'll get a vote out there. There are six people with votes already at this point, so I'll stick to that list to see if we can create some kind of meaningful voting patterns. Back with vote after checking a couple of Day 1 posts ...
Old 03-27-2007, 06:52 PM   #210
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Yes...especially then...all the wolves, and only some of the good players have secret liberal tendencies. If some mechanic reveals one of these players as liberal, i think we have a better chance of them being evil then normal. That may come back and screw me later, but thats my belief. It is gods will so to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
And with this post I feel 99% sure that you are a wolf.

I'm dead serious, everybody. Some of you I'm sure will know what I see.

Cronin, do you want to come back around on this idea at this time? Because I didn't quite follow you at the time and I haven't seen anything since that helps me go where you were leading with this point.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:53 PM   #211
Blade6119
Coordinator

Id actually take challenge to that hoops, looking over the last 5-6 games we have played together. Im not looking for a argument here, just saying i think a lot of people hold beliefs about me i dont feel are based in fact. I used to play you like that, a fair amount of time ago...i dont think i have for some time though.

And cronin, i saw 2 of the 6 for you where i did that..and one of them you were evil. So im not exactly big bad wolf(here im saying i trust you while you call me a wolf)
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:55 PM   #212
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm not a fan of voting bullet, if that means anything to anybody. Does anybody actually think he's a subversive, or is the temptation to vote for him come strictly from roleplay?

knives out
Old 03-27-2007, 06:55 PM   #213
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Cronin, do you want to come back around on this idea at this time? Because I didn't quite follow you at the time and I haven't seen anything since that helps me go where you were leading with this point.

I know what he sees, and i put it out there on purpose...he has to ask himself if he think i would do that if evil. I dont think anyone would, but then again most people think im crazy and out to get everyone so maybe
Demotivation
Old 03-27-2007, 06:56 PM   #214
Blade6119
Coordinator

I will not vote bullet...i wanted him marked liberal, becuase he deserved it...but i think hes good
Demotivation
Old 03-27-2007, 06:56 PM   #215
Ironhead
College Prospect

Not much to go on at this point - it feels like we are still stuck on Day 1. The only thing I could really come up with was one person has been almost invisible so far, and that is ImtheCrew. Might just be scheduling, but I think the more people we can get active the quicker we are likely to break out of this funk.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:58 PM   #216
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
okay, well if there is anything i learned in the past couple of days is that NTN is a hell of a bad guy. so my initial vote goes to him

vote ntndeacon

I am shocked, Sister. Truly I am. How could you even imagine that I would defile myself like ...THAT. I shudder at the very thought. I pray for you sister, that you come to your senses.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:00 PM   #217
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

Let's just say that the "99% positive" is hyperbole, but even since then I have seen some red flags. Nothing I can really go into detail yet. I have a good feeling about 1 (possibly 2, depending on the assumptions I make) player, and a very bad feeling about Blade. Its entirely possible I'm wrong about Blade, though, I don't have anything concrete.

And no, I'm not the seer.

knives out
Old 03-27-2007, 07:00 PM   #218
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, I'll rephrase - I think I know where Cronin was heading with that and he has backed it with votes for you on back-to-back days. But I wanted to see him put it out there a little more directly if he feels strongly enough to push for getting you listed today.

Now, why would you put that out there on purpose? And do you have some knowledge to back up your statement or is it speculation?

Where Tyrith said he wanted to avoid the matchup between you guys, I would rather explore it without any better options at the moment.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:01 PM   #219
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

in my last post, the "3rd person" thing I was referring to was if we ended up with two other people on the liberal list or that were drawing votes, I didn't see why a third who was likely good would make any difference.

I really have little to no idea of who to vote for here. But i'm uncomfortable voting for CR given his usual D1 work schedule so I won't be doing that, even in the interest of self-preservation.

i've got nothin really.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:04 PM   #220
Blade6119
Coordinator

Hoops, im not sure which statement exactly your referring to...but in regards to what i was talking about i put it out there to ensure the village has all the information possible that can do it good. If there is info that is best kept secret for now, ill hold it...if there is info that is best in the open, i reveal it. I said what i felt was necessary to be said at the time, and will maintain that policy throughout
Demotivation
Old 03-27-2007, 07:05 PM   #221
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I will not vote bullet...i wanted him marked liberal, becuase he deserved it...but i think hes good

I understand that position, Blade. And you are probably right. But if we as a group have any tendencies in recent games, one of them would not to punish early transgressors and to give them a higher benifit of the doubt than they probably deserve. Am I dead set on bullet being a gay? not really, but I am not ready to give her a clear pass today either. Then we are asking a wolf to take advantage of that idea and "make a mistake" in day one thereby clearing themselves.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:05 PM   #222
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post

vote ntndeacon

LoneStarGirl has been moved to the liberal list

EDIT: Forgot to pink up my post

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-27-2007 at 07:09 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:05 PM   #223
hoopsguy
General Manager

DaddyT, that explanation still doesn't make sense to me. Going into last night I had zero idea about how many people might end up on the Liberal List, and I would expect the same to be true for the majority of the good folks in our town.

I'm expecting that someone who finds their way on the Liberal List has a reasonably good chance of being a "seer" scan this evening. So I don't think putting a vote on someone is a quick path to stoning for a true believer in our Lord and Savior.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:07 PM   #224
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
DaddyT, that explanation still doesn't make sense to me. Going into last night I had zero idea about how many people might end up on the Liberal List, and I would expect the same to be true for the majority of the good folks in our town.

I'm expecting that someone who finds their way on the Liberal List has a reasonably good chance of being a "seer" scan this evening. So I don't think putting a vote on someone is a quick path to stoning for a true believer in our Lord and Savior.

I think you and I see things in much the same way.

knives out
Old 03-27-2007, 07:08 PM   #225
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, do you still feel strongly about voting to stone the first person on the liberal list now that it is actually updated?
Old 03-27-2007, 07:09 PM   #226
st.cronin
General Manager

I'll say it right now, without something concrete, I'm not willing to stone LoneStarGirl. I will not even consider it.

knives out
Old 03-27-2007, 07:11 PM   #227
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, would you be willing to consider stoning someone who appears on the list for reasons unknown overnight? Just trying to see what people's abstract measures are for cleansing the town.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:12 PM   #228
Blade6119
Coordinator

Yes, i have no problem stoning LSG...its the only way were going to get voting records up and going. If i understand things, we can vote to stone LSG and still put another name on the list. I see no reason not to kill lsg, do you?
Demotivation
Old 03-27-2007, 07:13 PM   #229
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Cronin, would you be willing to consider stoning someone who appears on the list for reasons unknown overnight? Just trying to see what people's abstract measures are for cleansing the town.

I would consider it; but I would assume SOMEBODY in the village would know the reason, and I would want to hear from that person.

knives out
Old 03-27-2007, 07:15 PM   #230
Blade6119
Coordinator

I am sooo against that idea cronin...if we have roles doing good for us(re: exposing liberals) i see no reason they should reveal.

You and i seem to be on the exact opposite of every idea
Demotivation
Old 03-27-2007, 07:16 PM   #231
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, i have no problem stoning LSG...its the only way were going to get voting records up and going. If i understand things, we can vote to stone LSG and still put another name on the list. I see no reason not to kill lsg, do you?

You only have one vote. Stone or put someone on the list.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:17 PM   #232
hoopsguy
General Manager

No reason not to, other than feeling bad about doing it over a fairly small slip in her post. But this is werewolf and we play the hands we are dealt.

VOTE/STONE LONESTARGIRL
Old 03-27-2007, 07:17 PM   #233
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

STONE LSG
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:17 PM   #234
Tyrith
College Starter

Can we do both the stoning and the liberalizing vote today, or no, Anxiety?
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:18 PM   #235
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll stick around for another five minutes or so to hear if people have really strong thoughts on this (including Blade and Cronin, who have already staked out positions) but will be out for awhile after that.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:19 PM   #236
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am all for lynches early on, how else will we gain information.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:19 PM   #237
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Can we do both the stoning and the liberalizing vote today, or no, Anxiety?

You only have so many hands. Your hands can toss stoned or can cast votes.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:21 PM   #238
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

STONE LSG

i guess. I don't feel confident about it or anything, but one way or another it's progress
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:21 PM   #239
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Well, in theory roles can discover information. And we don't have any keen insight into the capabilities of them gays to attack our community just yet.

I agree with your point on a large scale, and agree with enough specific to this game to cast the stoning vote, but I think there is room for reasonable people to disagree in this game.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:21 PM   #240
Blade6119
Coordinator

Anxiety, we can only vote or stone...but will both vote counts be counted and processed. Meaning if half vote to stone one person, and the other half vote to add so and so...will both things happen?
Demotivation
Old 03-27-2007, 07:21 PM   #241
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

You can't seriously think lynches are the only way for us to collect information.

knives out
Old 03-27-2007, 07:22 PM   #242
Ironhead
College Prospect

If it's all we have at this point and it will get the ball moving then I say we do the stoning.

VOTE STONE - LoneStarGirl
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:25 PM   #243
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
You can't seriously think lynches are the only way for us to collect information.

tell me how early in the game other ways to gain information?

If we never lynch people please tell me another way to gain info unless the seer/ bodyguard/ or some other important role comes out.

Is that your goal?
Old 03-27-2007, 07:27 PM   #244
st.cronin
General Manager

Also is a vote to put somebody on the liberal list the same as voting "no stoning". Otherwise, it looks like LSG is getting stoned.

my count:

liberals
2 - Chief Rum - path12 (185), Tyrith (198)
1 - st.cronin - Chief Rum (179)
1 - bulletsponge - ntndeacon (182)
1 - Blade - st.cronin (183)
1 - DaddyTorgo - bulletsponge (199)\
1 - ntndeacon - LoneStarGirl (205)

stoners
3 - LoneStarGirl - hoopsguy (232), Lathum (233), DaddyTorgo (238), Ironhead (242)

knives out
Old 03-27-2007, 07:29 PM   #245
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

Its day 2, so unless your suggesting the seer reveal already then it really is the only way. He said early in his post, and i agree with him 100%. You said your not the seer, so how else besides lynches do you suppose you will gather information?
Demotivation
Old 03-27-2007, 07:30 PM   #246
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
tell me how early in the game other ways to gain information?

If we never lynch people please tell me another way to gain info unless the seer/ bodyguard/ or some other important role comes out.

Is that your goal?

I've said this in other games: no lynch > lynching a good guy. Now, this is not a universal, but I think it applies here.

It would be one thing if there was some question about LSG - as it is, she's on the list pretty much at random, and there are other players about whom there are some questions - Blade, DT, Tyrith, etc.

knives out
Old 03-27-2007, 07:32 PM   #247
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So St. Cronin. Are you saying we shouldn't lynch LSG?
Old 03-27-2007, 07:33 PM   #248
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Its day 2, so unless your suggesting the seer reveal already then it really is the only way. He said early in his post, and i agree with him 100%. You said your not the seer, so how else besides lynches do you suppose you will gather information?

No, no, no, no. I seriously think you are trying to mislead the village.

knives out
Old 03-27-2007, 07:34 PM   #249
Blade6119
Coordinator

What questions are there about me and tyrith? even DT?

There are questions about everyone, especially you...
Demotivation
Old 03-27-2007, 07:34 PM   #250
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
So St. Cronin. Are you saying we shouldn't lynch LSG?

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying.

knives out