Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-28-2007, 02:38 PM   #351
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Did you see something to lead you to believe this?

No, but i wouldnt see anything if it did happen...just the way my role works. Im just saying, based on knowledge the rest of you dont have, that it is a possiblity. Nothing was going to hurt me on night one, and since we didnt have a night kill its a possibilty they attempted to kill me.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:40 PM   #352
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm borrowing from Ironhead's list of votes from last night:

I'm guessing that the wolves looked to spread out their votes at this point. The above list does not include the "No Votes".

So, would a wolf have the courage to hide their vote on LSG? If so, then I would guess it is Lathum - would be very audacious for a newcomer (Ironhead) to make that play in their first game. If not, I'm pretty sure we'll find one on the list of three voting for Cronin yesteday.

Other option would be to pick at some of the solo/non voters, but that leaves about half of our town.

Remember though, 1 vote and LSG was dead...so it didnt matter if there were 1 or 50, anything past the first vote is off. Ill even say the first vote was, seeing as how it came after i said i was going to vote her for sure. Basically, every vote to kill LSG came after it was pretty clear she was dead. So i dont give anyone much credit for the vote. About all i learned yesterday is that cronin looks very bad(and doesnt have a better understanding of game mechanics either it appears)
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:42 PM   #353
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
And why would you suspect me?

You just seem to be making similar moves to cronin...in regards to information about my role last night, when you two played off each other to some extent when inquiring about it...as i said, not based on fact...just a guess for my own amusement post game.
Demotivation
Old 03-28-2007, 02:43 PM   #354
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
You just seem to be making similar moves to cronin...in regards to information about my role last night, when you two played off each other to some extent when inquiring about it...as i said, not based on fact...just a guess for my own amusement post game.

You might put hoops in that group as well. My guess is that Kwhit and hoops are good, and understand the game much the same way that I do.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:46 PM   #355
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
You might put hoops in that group as well. My guess is that Kwhit and hoops are good, and understand the game much the same way that I do.

No, i dont...hoops is interacting with you, but kwhit is playing off you...like a few posts ago, when you made your LSG joke about my list...kwhit came in next, and extended your question(obviously playing off your post). It could be unintentional, could be on purpose.

Hoops is conversing with you, not playing off you...its a key difference
Demotivation
Old 03-28-2007, 03:01 PM   #356
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, in regards to the LSG vote yesterday I would have felt significantly better about you if you had immediately put your vote on her after saying earlier that you planned to stone whoever was on the list. That is why I asked you about it after it took place - I wanted to see where you would go with it. In the end, you did not put your vote there. I don't see this as some kind of hanging offense, but I was surprised at the time that you did not place your vote immediately.

On Cronin, I'm obviously in agreement that looking at his statements now look bad for him. That said, I've put myself in bad positions a couple of times as a villager - much worse than I would have as a wolf with knowledge of what could transpire. I've actually got him on a "slightly more trusted" state right now.

So those are my thoughts on the two most active chat participants in the game. It's been awhile since I published a full "trust/untrust" list in a game, but I'll probably go through that exercise when I get home tonight.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:08 PM   #357
Blade6119
Coordinator

Hoops, i didnt place a vote on LSG because i was still under the impression we would have a double vote(one for lynch, one for the list). So i figured if even 1 person voted LSG, my vote would be more valuable deciding who got put on the list for today. I placed my vote accordingly, and it was supported by another of cronins suspects(he thinks both DT and i are prob. wolfs) and we got him to be the top vote getter. It was after all of this that anxiety told us only one vote would count, and the list only came into play if we had no stoning.

At the time, i felt i was utilizing my vote to ensure we got favorable results in both votes(instead of chief hitting the list, like was the case at the time). It turned out to be a moot point, but thats my reasoning.
Demotivation
Old 03-28-2007, 03:15 PM   #358
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

*shrug*

well i'm good. So putting me on the liberal list is a waste.

think about how I play as a wolf, it's definitely not how i'm playing this game. my one comment was explainable, barely suspicious. But if the village wants to waste it's time stoning me that's y'all's choice.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:16 PM   #359
Tyrith
College Starter

Blade's little dance personally scares the heck out of me -- this is how it goes before he pulls one of those amazing stunts he tries. I don't know. The cronin/blade mess is one of those things I don't really know about -- blade's play is hard to predict, meaning I'd lean towards siding with cronin. I would mostly disregard the cronin case yesterday -- he's made the same argument about villagers in previous games, so it wasn't out of character at all. Neither is what blade is doing...but his tactics are generally much harder for us to cope with as a wolf.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:18 PM   #360
Blade6119
Coordinator

By my count, and correct me if im wrong. We have:

Liberal List:
Blade - 2(Cronin, ITC)
Cronin - 2(Blade, Lathum)
DT - 1(Chief Rum)
Demotivation
Old 03-28-2007, 03:20 PM   #361
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Blade's little dance personally scares the heck out of me -- this is how it goes before he pulls one of those amazing stunts he tries. I don't know. The cronin/blade mess is one of those things I don't really know about -- blade's play is hard to predict, meaning I'd lean towards siding with cronin. I would mostly disregard the cronin case yesterday -- he's made the same argument about villagers in previous games, so it wasn't out of character at all. Neither is what blade is doing...but his tactics are generally much harder for us to cope with as a wolf.

Oh, if you only knew...i expect quite a few people will view my play later this game as a crazy stunt as a wolf. I promise you, these feelings will likely resurface when i try to explain my situation later. I dont intend to now, but i will be stunned if most people believe my story later in the game
Demotivation
Old 03-28-2007, 03:43 PM   #362
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, if I used the word "ectoplasm" would you know what I mean? Because I've gotten the idea from your posts so far that this might be applicable to your situation.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:58 PM   #363
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

If Cronin is one of them Blade, I think I can see Kwhit as a cohort of cronin's
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:44 PM   #364
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
By my count, and correct me if im wrong. We have:

Liberal List:
Blade - 2(Cronin, ITC)
Cronin - 2(Blade, Lathum)
DT - 1(Chief Rum)

I'm happy with that list. Me and the two players I suspect the most. I encourage people to vote only for players on that list.

knives out
Old 03-28-2007, 04:55 PM   #365
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm bummed that there haven't been people around this afternoon when today was the first time this week I've had my normal availability.

Cronin, I'll probably take you up on your request to keep the liberal vote limited to that group unless I hear some kind of late-breaking news today. Like I mentioned yesterday, I don't view putting someone on the list as a particularly scary proposition since they are a good bet to be scanned that night - assuming we have an active seer role in the game.

Stoning? That is an entirely different scenario ...
Old 03-28-2007, 05:07 PM   #366
st.cronin
General Manager

Hoops, I disagree. If anybody is on the liberal list, somebody is getting stoned. The only way I don't get stoned if I'm on the list is if somebody else ends up on the list via night action.

knives out
Old 03-28-2007, 05:07 PM   #367
Tyrith
College Starter

I'm gonna have to cast a vote and leave here...long term having blade on the list makes the most sense to me, in case we need to get rid of him. And I'm fairly suspicious of him right now.

VOTE LIBERALIZE BLADE
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:43 PM   #368
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Blade, if I used the word "ectoplasm" would you know what I mean? Because I've gotten the idea from your posts so far that this might be applicable to your situation.

I dont think so...if your referring to the game you and i first played together, when certain things occured, i dont see any correlation to that and my current situation. If you remember what i originally suggested to you for my character in marvel, as far as his powers might go, its in that general region. Its not the same, but its the same basic principle.
Demotivation
Old 03-28-2007, 05:45 PM   #369
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
I'm gonna have to cast a vote and leave here...long term having blade on the list makes the most sense to me, in case we need to get rid of him. And I'm fairly suspicious of him right now.

VOTE LIBERALIZE BLADE

For now, until we have multiple people on the list, putting me on the list today is like killing me tomorrow...and the fact you would rather kill me(for being the first to support an LSG lynch) instead of cronin(who flat out told you not to lynch LSG) is simply stunning. The fact you were around last night(as evidenced by you removing your chief vote) yet finished with a no vote may be telling in itself.
Demotivation
Old 03-28-2007, 05:59 PM   #370
Blade6119
Coordinator

And im still intrigued by the whole NTN circle of coincidences....so i have like 5 suspects id like explored...dont really think one is evil over the other, but i think i have my best chance of avoiding the list with cronin.
Demotivation
Old 03-28-2007, 06:10 PM   #371
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I dont think so...if your referring to the game you and i first played together, when certain things occured, i dont see any correlation to that and my current situation. If you remember what i originally suggested to you for my character in marvel, as far as his powers might go, its in that general region. Its not the same, but its the same basic principle.

I'm vaguely uncomfortable to you using private information to share about yourself. If you said, "In an earlier WW game its an identical role" or somehting similar, that'd be okay. Everybody could do the research if they cared. But to say, its in an pm I sent you a while ago about this subject, that I have an issue with.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:11 PM   #372
Blade6119
Coordinator

Ok, ill change what i said...its similar(again, to some extent) to a role in Horus Heresy...that better anxiety?
Demotivation
Old 03-28-2007, 06:12 PM   #373
hoopsguy
General Manager

Anxiety, FWIW I don't recall what Blade is talking about - I went through maybe 100 different "powers" when designing that game, and I can't remember what his initial suggestion is (or whether it was even Moon Knight, which I don't think it was).

Back to the game at hand ...
Old 03-28-2007, 06:12 PM   #374
st.cronin
General Manager

Can you save us the work and describe your role in that game, please?

knives out
Old 03-28-2007, 06:14 PM   #375
Blade6119
Coordinator

It wasnt my role in that game i was referring to. I dont intend to reveal it, just giving hoops a better idea(and everyone now). So no cronin, again i will not reveal my role(which in essence is what your asking).
Demotivation
Old 03-28-2007, 06:14 PM   #376
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

That's fine, Blade.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:18 PM   #377
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
It wasnt my role in that game i was referring to. I dont intend to reveal it, just giving hoops a better idea(and everyone now). So no cronin, again i will not reveal my role(which in essence is what your asking).

I'm not asking you to reveal your role, I'm asking you to save me the work of looking up what you're obliquely referring to. If you didn't want to give anything away, you shouldn't have said anything. If you're trying to mislead me, I'm asking you to make it easier for me to understand what fiction you're writing.

knives out
Old 03-28-2007, 06:21 PM   #378
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm not asking you to reveal your role, I'm asking you to save me the work of looking up what you're obliquely referring to. If you didn't want to give anything away, you shouldn't have said anything. If you're trying to mislead me, I'm asking you to make it easier for me to understand what fiction you're writing.

Hoops asked me a question about a game we played together(or so i believe) that might help him understand my situation...i explained to him a different situation that better described it. He didnt follow, and anxiety didnt like it. So to comply with rules(i wouldnt have said anything about horus otherwise, as i dont like even narrowing it that much for everyone) i made a suitable pucic correlation so everyone could be just as confused as hoopsguy now is im sure. Me telling you what role it is similar too would give away far too much, and as such i must deny. If you think im trying to mislead you(which you have done since day one), frankly i dont care. Your not the one any of this was intended for, and i hope you have a nice day.
Demotivation
Old 03-28-2007, 06:21 PM   #379
st.cronin
General Manager

dola, just realized you said "a role" in horus heresy, instead of "my role."

So I guess I need a list of roles from that game, but never mind.

knives out
Old 03-28-2007, 06:22 PM   #380
Blade6119
Coordinator

public*...not pucic
Demotivation
Old 03-28-2007, 06:34 PM   #381
hoopsguy
General Manager

Day 3 Trust/Distrust List
1. KWhit - Sister Thelma Snider (Female) - very few posts, hard to have a real read on him yet. No vote yesterday. Suggested closeness to St. Cronin? Slight distrust.

2. Tyrith - Brother William Tyler (Male) - less engaged than I expect him to be in games. No vote yesterday. Moderate distrust.

3. ntndeacon - Sister Sandra Cotton (Female) - bad vote yesterday (for the Fundy Bulletsponge), took vote from gay LoneStarGirl. No meaningful trust or distrust yet.

4. path - Sister Mary Czinski (Female) - very typical game so far, for either side. Expect more involvement as days go by. Very slight distrust.

5. Blade - Brother James McKinnon (Male) - lightning rod as usual, suggested having a role that has weaknesses (my interpretation), combative with Cronin. Pro-stoning, but did not vote to stone LSG. Despite this, slight trust as I don't think he alludes to vulnerability as a bad guy.

6. st.cronin -Brother Leroy Czinski (Male) - gunning for Blade from early in game, also distrusts DaddyTorgo. Was opposed to stoning without proof, which looks poor in light of LSG yesterday. Moderate trust.

7. Lathum - Brother Tanner McFlannery (Male) - low profile, cast early vote to stone LSG. Knowing how he plays as a wolf, this doesn't mean much at all to me. Slight distrust.

8. hoopsguy- Brother Elijah Shepherd (Male) - I trust myself 100%.

10. Chief Rum - Sister Elizabeth Shepherd (Female) - typical Chief game so far, waiting for the long post ending in "Elementary, Watson" sometime around Night 4. No trust or distrust yet.

12. ImtheCrew - Brother Roger Shepherd (Male) - cast a vote for the dead guy this morning, very few posts, no vote yesterday. Slight trust, as gays should know who they killed, right?

13. DaddyTorgo - Brother Peter Czinski (Male) - posted that he thought two people would be put on liberal list overnight, still don't understand it. Late switch away from LSG to Cronin yesterday. Person I'm most confused by in the game at this point. Slight distrust.

14. Ironhead - Brother Richard Baker (Male) - his vote for LoneStarGirl as a newer player carries more weight with me than Lathum's because I'm not giving him credit for advanced gamesmanship on his 2nd day. A shaky 1st in trust.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:38 PM   #382
hoopsguy
General Manager

I would be interested in hearing people's thoughts on the trust list - on other people as well, not just a self-defense

Seriously, I haven't done one of these in a game for quite some time and I'm not really sure why. I find that it helps provide clarity for later conversations and a good tool to see where my assumptions are at a given point in time.

Like after the game, to see how wrong/dumb I was, for example ...
Old 03-28-2007, 06:41 PM   #383
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hoops...i've had a lot of stuff going on. My head hasn't necessarily been in the game, which may be why i'm confusing. Then again, you once said that you thought you had a read on me, so i'm happy that i've managed to confuse that. I'll have to keep that in mind for the next time I'm evil.

which isn't this game FWIW

I still think cronin is suspicious. And Tyrith with his vote today and lack of a vote yesterday is raising my eyebrow.

I agree with you about ITC and Ironhead FWIW hoops.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:41 PM   #384
st.cronin
General Manager

Hoops, I don't have a real feel for most players yet. I have ntn a notch above everybody else, but that is because of assumptions, and my assumptions have not yielded much so far.

knives out
Old 03-28-2007, 06:45 PM   #385
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i guess if you had to pin me down, i'd say I find cronin suspicious because something in his play this game reminds of mafia when we were both evil, and how he came out playing that game early on. But it's more a "feeling" than anything I can point to. I guess it's...coming out and trying to be very clean-cut and declarative at a point in the game when everyone else is kinda...waffling and unsure.

since the liberal-list is slightly different than jail, in that there's no penalty for being on it (as far as I can tell) like there is with jail, wouldn't it make sense for all of us to put ourselves on the liberal list once we reach a certain point in the game? otherwise stoning someone becomes a 2-step process...and we could lose the game on that 2nd step. It doesn't necessarily make sense for now, but it's just a strategic option to consider for later...
Old 03-28-2007, 06:45 PM   #386
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hoops, I don't have a real feel for most players yet. I have ntn a notch above everybody else, but that is because of assumptions, and my assumptions have not yielded much so far.

and they're wrong about me
Old 03-28-2007, 06:48 PM   #387
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
since the liberal-list is slightly different than jail, in that there's no penalty for being on it (as far as I can tell) like there is with jail, wouldn't it make sense for all of us to put ourselves on the liberal list once we reach a certain point in the game? otherwise stoning someone becomes a 2-step process...and we could lose the game on that 2nd step. It doesn't necessarily make sense for now, but it's just a strategic option to consider for later...

I like this idea.

Shoot, I'll go first - to hell with the liberals.

knives out
Old 03-28-2007, 06:54 PM   #388
st.cronin
General Manager

By the way, DT just jumped up quite a bit in my eyes - I think he's seeing the game the right way (for a conservative).

knives out
Old 03-28-2007, 07:02 PM   #389
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I like this idea.

Shoot, I'll go first - to hell with the liberals.

st.cronin is now on the liberal list.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:05 PM   #390
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think your list is awefull
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:11 PM   #391
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

the fact that you are seeing the game in somewhat the same light cronin makes me think you're either a heterosexual or a very crafty and devious homosexual.

anxiety...can you confirm that there is indeed no penalty for being on the liberal list? if the entire village is on the liberal list but we erradicate the gay scourge, do we still win a complete victory??
Old 03-28-2007, 07:12 PM   #392
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hoops, what do you think of my reasoning?
Old 03-28-2007, 07:12 PM   #393
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, I don't think a wolf would willingly put themselves on the chopping block like you just did. Like I said earlier, you have been too backwards to make sense to me as a wolf. But it is only going to take one vote to kill you and we don't have someone put on the liberal list that can be set up for a potential seer tonight. I really hate this strategy - if you were going to execute it I wish you had done so right at the deadline.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:13 PM   #394
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I think the only possible downside I see would be something where like...the gays can only convert those already on the liberal list, so by doing this we're opening a lot more people up for conversion...but i doubt that's a game mechanic, because it would severly limit their choices of who to convert, so I feel pretty good that's not the case.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:15 PM   #395
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
hoops, what do you think of my reasoning?

It only works if the gays are putting themselves in harms way or the remaining villagers are not particuarly bloodthirsty. Given that this is werewolf, and conventional wisdom suggests not wasting lynch opportunity (bad guys have clear cut night edge) I expect he will get that one vote.

I'm not sure if there is any point in the game where you can have enough trust within the group to pull it off.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:15 PM   #396
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

so wait. Once someone is on the liberal list it only takes one vote to kill them? so we could have multiple people off the liberal list killed tonight?

that does wrinkle things a bit...because the wolves can take out multiple people by voting for them. But if they do, they end up standing out.

I think this strategy only works if we all trust in the lord. If everyone puts themselves on the liberal list and agrees to follow the stoning directions of one person, then anyone who deviates from that will be found out as a wolf, and it would seem to me (maybe i'm wrong though, I havn't actually done the actual math) that the odds would dictate that we'd find the wolves long before we reached 1-1 or 2-1.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:16 PM   #397
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
the fact that you are seeing the game in somewhat the same light cronin makes me think you're either a heterosexual or a very crafty and devious homosexual.

anxiety...can you confirm that there is indeed no penalty for being on the liberal list? if the entire village is on the liberal list but we erradicate the gay scourge, do we still win a complete victory??

Winning conditions for the Fightin' Fundies - Get rid of all Them Gays. That's it.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:16 PM   #398
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, I believe it is top vote getter on Liberal List. But it doesn't take a majority of people, just one vote is sufficient and it keeps us from getting to vote on the Liberal List (see last night).
Old 03-28-2007, 07:18 PM   #399
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
so wait. Once someone is on the liberal list it only takes one vote to kill them? so we could have multiple people off the liberal list killed tonight?

that does wrinkle things a bit...because the wolves can take out multiple people by voting for them. But if they do, they end up standing out.

I think this strategy only works if we all trust in the lord. If everyone puts themselves on the liberal list and agrees to follow the stoning directions of one person, then anyone who deviates from that will be found out as a wolf, and it would seem to me (maybe i'm wrong though, I havn't actually done the actual math) that the odds would dictate that we'd find the wolves long before we reached 1-1 or 2-1.

No, plurality wins in a stone vote with multiple candidates received votes. I even mention that it my clarification last night. However, stone votes trump J'Accuse votes.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:18 PM   #400
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

cronin wont necessarily die. How's this. We say "we believe cronin to be good. Anyone who votes for him will immediately draw the wrath of the village."

use the "liberal list" as sort of a...visible COT. Reverse it's purpose.Since we'll be able to see if the wolves vote for anyone on it. Of course it requires everyone to buy into that "well I won't vote for someone once they get moved there."