Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-29-2007, 01:58 PM   #1
path12
Coordinator

Werewolf XLVI -- Hatfield/McCoy Feud (SIGNUPS UNDERWAY)

Welcome to the Tug Fork River on the West Virginia/Kentucky border in 1878. You are a member of the famous Hatfield or McCoy clans. Your ancestors settled this area, and over the years you have become respected landowning families.

But you have held a grudge since 1865. And it's about to break wide open.

This is the signup thread. I will follow with a posting of rules, which are liable to revision up until game start.

This is a different game, but I don't feel it's an overly complex one. I wanted to design a game that would give everyone lots to do and also experiment with teams. In this game, you want to find and protect your wolves, while finding and getting rid of the other teams. It is also a game where everyone has PM privileges of a sort. I will be cc'd on your PM's, which will provide a challenge of its own for your friendly GM.

The game can accomodate either 17, 19, or 21 players.

Signups:

1. Alan T
2. st.cronin
3. DaddyTorgo
4. mckerney
5. Lathum
6. hoopsguy
7. Chief Rum
8. Barkeep49
9. michael1123

GM NOTE: So let's give this another shot. I'd love to be able to start next Monday the 4th, but we can go earlier if we fill (fingers crossed).

Last edited by path12 : 05-30-2007 at 09:59 AM.
path12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:58 PM   #2
path12
Coordinator

Current rules:

3 factions: Hatfield, McCoy, and Officials. 21 players total, can play with 19 or 17.

ALL PLAYERS MAY SEND 2 PM’S TO OTHER PLAYERS EACH DAY. A RESPONSE TO A PM COUNTS AGAINST YOUR DAILY TOTAL. GM MUST BE COPIED ON ALL PM’S EXCEPT THOSE BETWEEN ENFORCERS.

Hatfield roles (7-9 total):

Patriarch (“Devil Anse” Hatfield) – Bodyguard, knows one of own wolves, tries to protect Hatfield. Cannot protect same person two times in a row. Can PM 4 times each day and make one broadcast message to all Hatfields of 15 words or less per day. (ELITE HATFIELD)
Old Timer – Seer, knows other of own wolves, tries to find McCoy wolves. (ELITE HATFIELD)
Enforcer 1 – Hatfield wolf, knows patriarch, once he finds other Hatfield wolf can make night kills. Once finds Enforcer 2 they get PM privileges in addition to the two regular PM’s. One enforcer must be specified to make the night kill.
Enforcer 2 – Hatfield wolf, knows seer, once finds other Hatfield wolf can make night kills. Once finds Enforcer 2 they get PM privileges in addition to the two regular PM’s. One enforcer must be specified to make the night kill.
Matriarch – Can search one player at night to find faction only. If Patriarch is killed assumes that duty and abilities instead, plus becomes elite. Knows one random player of Hatfield faction at start.
Johnse – Lover, can search two players at night to find Roseanna. Once Johnse and Roseanna make contact, they can elope for victory conditions once they get permission from the Justice. If Roseanna is dead, Deacon can help him escape for minor victory. (ELITE HATFIELD)
Villager (1-3) – No night actions. Knows one random player of Hatfield faction at start.

McCoy roles (7-9 total):

Patriarch (“Ole Ran’l” McCoy) – Bodyguard, knows one of own wolves, tries to protect McCoy. Cannot protect same person two times in a row. Can PM 4 times each day and make one broadcast message to all McCoys of 15 words or less per day. (ELITE MCCOY)
Old Timer – Seer, knows other of own wolves, tries to find Hatfield wolves. (ELITE MCCOY)
Enforcer 1 – McCoy wolf, knows patriarch, once he finds other McCoy wolf can make night kills. Once finds Enforcer 2 they get PM privileges in addition to the two regular PM’s. One enforcer must be specified to make the night kill.
Enforcer 2 – McCoy wolf, knows seer, once finds other McCoy wolf can make night kills. Once finds Enforcer 1 they get PM privileges in addition to the two regular PM’s. One enforcer must be specified to make the night kill.
Matriarch – Can search one player at night to find faction only. If Patriarch is killed assumes that duty and abilities instead, plus becomes elite. Knows one random player of McCoy faction at start.
Roseanna – Lover, can search two players at night to find Johnse. Once Johnse and Roseanna make contact, they can elope for victory conditions once they get permission from the Justice. If Johnse is dead, Deacon can help her escape for minor victory. (ELITE MCCOY)
Villager (1-3) – No night actions. Knows one random player of McCoy faction at start.

Officials roles (3 total):

Justice of the Peace – Searches for Johnse and Roseanna (2 searches per night). Once they have found each other and both PM him during same day asking to elope he may aid them. Achieves Major victory condition if they elope. Minor victory if helps one escape and survives. Serves as first tiebreaker if his vote is on one of the tied candidates.
Sheriff – Searches for wolves. May switch vote to a found wolf every third day. Major victory if all wolves die. Minor victory to survive. Serves as second tiebreaker if his vote is on one of the tied candidates. Knows Deputy at start.
Deputy – Searches for wolves. If Sheriff dies, assumes his position. Major victory if all wolves die. Minor victory to survive. Serves as third tiebreaker if his vote is on one of the tied candidates. Knows Sheriff at start.

Hatfield/McCoy victory conditions:
Eliminate all of other side for major victory. If all wolves are dead, then minor victory to faction with the most points.

Point totals (valid for lynch votes only):
Vote for member of your faction: -1 per vote
Lynch member of your faction: -2 per vote
Vote for member of rival faction: 1 per vote
Lynch member of rival faction: 2 per vote
Vote for elite member of your faction: -2 per vote
Lynch elite member of your faction: -4 per vote
Vote for elite member of rival faction: 2 per vote
Lynch elite member of rival faction: 4 per vote
Vote for official: -1 per vote
Lynch official: -5 per vote
All officials’ votes count as zero.
Points are not cumulative. For example, voting for and lynching a member of the rival faction will be worth 2 points per vote only.
Total points per side will be revealed each day. For example: McCoy 6 points, Hatfield –2 points.

Additional rules:
Players MAY NOT claim to be a member of the opposite clan. After all, no self-respecting McCoy would claim to be a Hatfield or vice versa under any circumstances.

Elite roles will not be revealed upon death. Instead, it will just be posted that an Elite McCoy or Elite Hatfield was killed.

Officials’ roles will not be revealed upon death. Instead, it will just be posted that an Official was killed.

Enforcers will be identified as McCoy or Hatfield enforcers upon death.

All other roles will merely be identified with the clan belonged to. Example: A Hatfield has been lynched.

Order of night actions:

1) Seer, Justice, Matriarch, Sheriff and Deputy searches/scans.

2) Patriarch protection. If a rival wolf is guarded, the wolf cannot leave quarters that night. If Johnse, Roseanna or the Justice are guarded, eloping or escape (or searches in the case of Johnse & Roseanna) is prevented that night. If protection attempt is on the rival patriarch, then they recognize and learn the others’ identity and are prevented from actions that night. If protection attempt is on Sheriff and/or Deputy, there is a 50% chance they will learn each others identity (two chances, one for the patriarch to learn Sheriff/Deputy, and one for Sheriff/Deputy to learn patriarch).

3)Johnse & Roseanna searches (if allowed based on action 2).

4) Johnse & Roseanna elope/escape (if allowed based on action 2).

5) Enforcer kills. If target is guarded, attempt fails. Neither patriarch or enforcer will be recognized.

Last edited by path12 : 05-29-2007 at 02:03 PM.
path12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 02:10 PM   #3
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'll play
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 02:13 PM   #4
st.cronin
General Manager

In.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 02:22 PM   #5
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

in (again)
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 02:27 PM   #6
mckerney
Coordinator

I'm in.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:10 PM   #7
Swaggs
Coordinator

This one looks good, but I'll be out of town all next week.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:39 PM   #8
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

in
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:56 PM   #9
hoopsguy
General Manager

In, barring an exceptionally early (Thursday) start.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:21 PM   #10
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
In, barring an exceptionally early (Thursday) start.

You're cool. There's no way we'll start that early.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:41 AM   #11
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Inyo
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:24 AM   #12
Barkeep49
Coordinator

In
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:52 AM   #13
michael1123
n00b

In
michael1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:58 AM   #14
michael1123
n00b

The points only matter if all the wolves die, right? And then it'd come down to cumulative points from all the days?
michael1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:00 AM   #15
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1123 View Post
The points only matter if all the wolves die, right? And then it'd come down to cumulative points from all the days?

Correct.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:38 PM   #16
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Going on vacation next week - njo way I can play - sorry ;(

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:40 PM   #17
st.cronin
General Manager

We need to take this list and run a small game starting on Monday at the latest. If path doesn't want to run a small game, give this list to whoever is next up to run a small game.

knives out
Old 06-01-2007, 02:10 PM   #18
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
We need to take this list and run a small game starting on Monday at the latest. If path doesn't want to run a small game, give this list to whoever is next up to run a small game.

I don't want to do this ruleset as a small game. I'd be happy to run one, but I think it would be fairer for the first person on the small list whoever that is....
Old 06-01-2007, 02:23 PM   #19
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I don't want to do this ruleset as a small game. I'd be happy to run one, but I think it would be fairer for the first person on the small list whoever that is....

That would be Alan T - my concern is, what if he isn't ready to do a small game? What if he says "I'll get one started in ten days." We need to get the momentum back.

Just suck it up and run a small game, path.

knives out
Old 06-01-2007, 03:58 PM   #20
path12
Coordinator

If Alan doesn't start mention anything by tomorrow sometime I'll start a short one then with this list.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:04 PM   #21
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
If Alan doesn't start mention anything by tomorrow sometime I'll start a short one then with this list.

I actually shouldn't be next on the small game list. I just ran one. Whoever is after me can go next, and I'll happlily play in it though
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:47 AM   #22
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I can play if it starts a week later, but I wouldn't want to play if it starts the 4th — I'll be on the road for much of the day on Wednesday and Friday, and busy at a conference for most of the rest of that time.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:27 AM   #23
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I want to get back into playing but I will be in Atlanta Sunday through Friday...
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:22 PM   #24
path12
Coordinator

*sigh*
Old 06-22-2007, 10:14 PM   #25
RendeR
Coordinator

Add me to the list path, I'll play when the game fills up!
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote